I don't think I would hate this suit...

I don't think I would hate this suit, the actor and the blue sparky effects for Speed Force if there wasn't a CW show doing pretty much everything right visually.

Seriously, the Speed Force lightning triggers me the most. Like what the fuck, it doesn't come on for ever speed feat he does

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_efDWJYOVw
youtube.com/watch?v=3mbbB-a5Bng
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The brown leather jacket is so brown they had to fix the color in post production.

The Ferrari suit looks great, I really hope we do get to see the second suit in movement

There are too much black on his costume.

>The Ferrari suit looks great
He's a CSI and he's leaving his fingerprints everywhere.
He's got to have a flexible, friction-proof suit but they went with rigid motocross armor.
What are all those wires doing - holding the suit together?

There's the issue of the suit looking like a re-purposed Bale-suit.
>sectional neck armor to make backing out of the driveway easier
>plated armor over a mesh undersuit, no doubt a titanium-dipped tri-weave
>codpiece
>ab-armor makes him more susceptible to knives and gunfire
What next, is he going to have a Flash-rasp?
How is any of this great?

>Too much jawline
>Eyes are too dark, needs contacts but not those terrifying jessica alba contacts from FF, or just better lighting.
>Blacks fine, but too battle armory for someone like the Flash

>the fastest man alive
>susceptible to knives and gunfire
you must be baiting? is your pic related a goof or actually a real thing you found, it interests me

>susceptible to knives and gunfire
That's what Lucious told BaleMan when they upgraded his suit in The Dark Knight Kills Heath Ledger - The Movie.

I found my Bale-suit pic a while ago during a google search.

Just wish they'd make the mask less shiny. It looks gimpish.

His head looks kinda small and his chin not being at least slightly covered does look a bit weird in live action.

someoone post panels and cartoon grabs of Barry/Wally/Eobard getting rekd by swords, etc.

I hated it at first but now it's growing on me. I like that they had the balls to put the wings on the helmet and boots.

youtube.com/watch?v=k_efDWJYOVw

I wish they were lighting bolts instead because I just know they're gonna go "SEE? HE'S LIKE HERMES" because of the wings.

It's grown on me, screams sports car. Although I hate the wires and I'm not yet sold on the actor

>SEE? HE'S LIKE HERMES" because of the wings.

Oh god.....shit.

>they're gonna go "SEE? HE'S LIKE HERMES" because of the wings.
Well that was the original point of the wings. He (and Jay first) were supposed to be like Hermes/Mercury.

I think they look similar enough to lightning bolts anyways. Them bolts on the shoes are sick too.
The only things I would change about the costume is make the black red, lose the wires, cover his fingers, and give him yellow boots. I love it though.

>3:12-3:35
youtube.com/watch?v=3mbbB-a5Bng

I know that's his prototype suit, but the tiny head wings/fins bother me.

But wings were always Barry's thing, lightning bolts were Wally.

>But wings were always Barry's thing
Remind me again - what's the emblem on Barry's chest?

Wish they didn't mute the white and yellow so much. Although I can think of worse directions they could have went with, just look at the concept art

>because I just know they're gonna go "SEE? HE'S LIKE HERMES
Yameroooooo

We're talking costume ear pieces pal

I know that the wings were originally Barry's thing and I know that they were always supposed to evoke Hermes but I have no faith in the ability of the director to approach that callback with any subtlety nor do I expect the shitposters to do anything but crow at how kino and deep and referential it is.

Oh, my bad...

And here's Wally with wings you double nigger.

>What are all those wires doing - holding the suit together?

Last heard you are about right. It's a Ramshackle suit pieced together from multiple sources to see what works or something.

>pieced together from multiple sources to see what works
>see what works
News flash Snyder - IT DOESN'T

THICC

them hips tho

high test thread?

>What are all those wires doing - holding the suit together?
If i remember correctly, is to hold the electricity on him when he's running

Are you being stupid?
Barry originally had wings, and you're trying to dispute that by posting a cartoon from like 2012?
And this doesn't contradict the whole "Flash can have wings" idea.

>But wings were always Barry's thing
>always
>and you're trying to dispute that by posting a cartoon from like 2012?

Ah okay, so adaptions set the characters iconic look permanently. Check this out.
Also YJ and most adaptions with Barry tend to use elements from Wally's costume. Like lightning ears, 'v' belt, white eyes, single bolt emblem.

Eh, I don't have problem with it. It has a sci-fi look which I could see Barry going with because he's a massive nerd.

>Ah okay, so adaptions set the characters iconic look permanently.
That's not what i said or implied at all. If you inferred that, it's on you.

All i'm pointing out is that wings were not ALWAYS Barry's thing, as you explicitly stated. They changed it in some adaptations, and Wally had them in some adaptations.

Are your speedforce panties in a bunch, user?

Are you ready for the absolute shitshow Justice League is going to be, Sup Forums?

Snyder is still in charge, and the movie still has to build off of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. At the same time, WB is breathing down Snyder's neck and demanding that he not fuck up and make something casual audiences hate. At the same, same time, Snyder is still pretty resolute in his artistic vision, so the impulse to do something drastic will be there.

I cannot think of a way for this movie not to be a disaster. The question isn't whether it will be a mess, but the degree of that mess. Will it just be shitty, or will it be an awful, operatic failure, on the scale of Cutthroat Island or The Adventures of Pluto Nash?

But they were always his thing, considering they've stuck with him for the most part since his first appearance. Superman doesn't wear the red trunks anymore but that doesn't mean that's not his thing, and it doesn't mean they can't use the trunks again EVER.
But okay, you're just nitpicking at some word choice, I get it.
The point is that the Flash (all of them) wore wings at various points, including their first appearances, and it's not a problem that the movies include that. ALSO, the wings and the speed were meant to allude to Hermes/Mercury in the first place anyway, and it still isn't a problem if the movies include that in some way too.

I wish they'd just let Snyder do his thing on this last movie. At least i'd have my trilogy and wouldn't have to bother with the DCEU ever again.

Both costumes suck. I don't understand why can't they give Flash something like Spider-Man wears. And fucking BRIGHT, dammit.

something about his hood looks off...

Wait, do you like his stuff or not?

>Always

>He's a CSI and he's leaving his fingerprints everywhere.

He's constantly vibrating his finger tips so as not to leave prints

Forget issues of flexibility, what purpose does plating serve considering the speeds at which the Flash operates?

The only thing that's going to help Flash in terms of impact is his powers.

They completely missed the fucking point of the lightning, its sad how much better the CW understands the Flash

How do you want your Justice League, senpai?

>He's constantly vibrating his finger tips so as not to leave prints
weak excuse but probably accurate

>getting stabbed must've taken years from Flash's perspective
Fucking Flash

Pic related

He can turn the speed off and on. Although why he would go into a fight not prepared for someone to try and stab him is beyond me. It's still a very stupid fight.

I hate the DCEU costume, it's everything I hate about movie costumes. It's needlessly busy, has way too many working parts, and mushed together a lot of unnecessary color schemes.

The CW suit isn't great either, but at least it's simple and it's obvious about what it is.

It's literally just Owlman.

I think the black and wires are what kills this costume. The plates look fine, it's smooth, like a fast car or a jet. However I hate foe the fucking yellow is so toned down. It's supposed to break up the red, and yet some genius thought black should do that

Not that user but I'm also hoping Snyder gets to do this thing.

I'm interested to see where the Snyder Superman trilogy goes.

Wally West was kind of impetuous. Him making a dumb decision isn't particularly out of character.

Flash looks so bad
Why

Because this costume is made of scrap space shuttle material Barry rigs together. Barry's a science dork, not a fashion designer.

That's him after he's been Flash for several years though and has been a member of the Justice League.

Man I love both Bale-suits but even I hate the DCEU Flash suit. At least with Batman you can pretend he's just a tech nut and you also have the excuse of Nolan throwing in his own aesthetic, but with Flash it's meant to be THE Flash on film done by DC themselves and yet we end up with the mess of a design we got.

It's so retarded that they're doing various things in order to differentiate it from the CW show. Like, what the fuck? They're the same character, you dolts, it's OK if their suits look similar.

Aside from the fact that the CW suit is already so close to perfect and movie money could have made it even better, the movie costume looks alright, though.

I also do like the lightning effects. One thing not many people realize is that conveying speed is actually very difficult in live action, because you're limited by the speed of the human eye. So your options are a) put red blur all over the screen like the TV show or b) do slowmo high-speed camera stuff like Days of Future Past and Age of Ultron, which I think is a bad idea.

Which is why I think the way Flash was done in Suicide Squad was so brilliant. They don't bother trying to SHOW the audience what he's doing, how he's moving, etc. Instead they only give brief glimpses, and the viewer can only see what he did through how the environment was affected. It's a technique used partially in MoS with the high-speed Kryptonian fights, but done more thoroughly here. It shows that Flash isn't "just" really fast, he is the embodiment of speed and motion and surpasses light altogether.

We'll see how it actually works in the JL movie but I'm pretty impressed with what was shown in SS.

He does not need lightning effects for absolute basic shit like slightly moving in a different location or moving out of the way of a Batarang.