Previous thread Ignore shills who pretend they're lifelong trekkies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YpGSHYGBVOU
youtube.com/watch?v=eiWuuO1LAn4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lol

>/STD/
FTFY
Also shills sell shit, they don't call it out.

Am I a shill if I've watched every single installment of ST other than the animated series and a couple of JJ movies, but loved STD so far, the new Klingons in particular?

>DIS

The CBS shilling continues.

The Pajeets have taken over this board.

And yeah coming from someone who actually liked STD, it's going to be called STD and there's no reversing this. Silly creators.

No. You just have shit taste and will probably watch anything on a screen.

reposting from previous thread

Reccommend me some good episodes that arent DS9? somehow i managed to rewatch 5 seasons again after the sour shit sunday that was STD

It's STD, not DIS.

Your manner betrays you, shill filth.

the Voyager episode Threshold. Unforgettable.

do you mean /STD/?

Improbable Cause/the Die is Cast, Odo and Garak - good shit

If star trek Enterprise is ENT and Star trek Voyager is VOY then star trek discovery is DIS. Deal with it FOX shill

>Nog 39 minutes
That's a lot of Nog

NU KLINGON BEST KLINGON

HUMANS WITH LUMPY FOREHEADS AND BRITISH TEETH PLZ GO

You could give TOS a shot. It's silly, but that's part of its charm.

Your not necessarily a shill, but you might be retarded.

Or maybe you just hit your head recently or had a sharp emotional shock that disrupted your objectivity? I mean I don't know you there's a lot of possibilities.

Voyager and Enterprise both used the first three letters.

That's extremely pathetic damage control. It's whatever abbreviation catches on the quickest.
Enjoy your STD.

TOS is comfy as fuck.

>Muh lowbrow /s4s/ humor

Fuck off. This board is for adults.

Those are Klangonz. They are egyptian orcs or some shit. Designed by Nomura.

You also have shit taste. Either that or you're a shill.

[Dutch angles] were often used to show fear or disorientation experienced by the main character
This is literally the only acceptable usage of dutch angles

there is no science behind it.
the people chose STD and for good reason

sure but why not call something so bad std

>watch The Orville ep1-3
>it knows it's dumb and plays like dumb Star Trek
>watch Discovery ep1-2
>it thinks it's the smartest and most dramatic Start Trek of all time but it's dumb as hell and absent of substance

This.
Anyone thinking that STD or KLANGONZ is funny is a manchild faggot.

Holy fuck delete this right now.

Firstly, its quality ratings are beyond retarded. Secondly, If you want to watch Star Trek, sit down and watch it. Watch the good and the bad like every other fan in history has.

Jesus Christ CBS really is desperate. They could've spent these nickels on better writers. Christ STD needed them.

Aw man, Captive Pursuit is always my go-to favorite episode.

I've always liked I, Borg from TNG quite a bit.

Stop shilling, Seth

If so many Star Trek fans like the ideas of the Federation of going boldly going where no man has gone before, how come some Star Trek fans only want tv shows and movies that are very similar to old tv shows they've already seen and of which there are hundreds of?

>autistically watching shitty episodes for internet street cred
This isn't fucking Twin Peaks, user. Plenty of ST episodes that are an hour of pure filler.

Really the best general advice is watch all of TOS, TNG and DS9 and just stop there. As someone who has watched every episode of everything including this STD shit, and every movie even including fan stuff like Renegades if I could send a message back in time I would tell myself to just watch those three series and stop there for maximum enjoyment of the franchise.

Is he wielding a tiny 8mm camera? And if yes, then what is he filming?

Rules.

1. Ignore alt-right crybabies

2. Ignore "pretend Orville isn't shit" crybabies

3. Ignore "call everyone shill" crybabies

How long will the Star Trek series stay on Netflix? I'm still on TNG

STD BTFO!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=YpGSHYGBVOU

t. brainlet

Shill your shitty youtube channel somewhere else.

You will never be a true trekkie if you skip episodes

What am I reading? The Oriville is awful and one of the worst shows I've seen this year.

So people who despised its writing, acting, set design, special effects, overuse of CGI, and character/creature updates are perfectly fine?
Because all of that was pure shit. The set design in particular.

I already covered internet street cred.

>I let the opinions of other people I don't even know shape my own
>I don't judge things by myself, I need to watch "approved" good episodes

This STD garbage is the biggest misstep for the franchise maybe in history. I was rooting for them to make something great same as most people. Instead they took a dump right on the camera. So goddamn disappointing.

t. shill

t. CBS

orville is at least a functional comedy/parody, discovery is a failure at everything but its FX

Trips confirm.

I somehow missed this episode twice and saw it this week for the first time.
even this simple episode about a guy In a lizard suit being hunted by power rangers with arm shields and escaping with the help of a friendly irishmen is a hundred times better than that shit STD premiere..
GODDAMN

but hey this entire discovery shit has made me rethink VOY of all shows i mean Barge of the dead is pretty alright.
anything with chakotay and i fall asleep halfway though

t. FOX

Shit advice. ENT is the best series after DS9. VOY has plenty of good material.

Just watch all of it.

You forgot
>I think the "the one where" summaries are pretty funny

maybe both are shit

>watch season one of TOS
Wrong. Only watch the one with the space Africans, then move on to season 2.

>Hating excessive lens flare, drunken camera angles, terrible writing, gloomy bridges and leads who can't act a whit, makes you "alt-right"

I learned something today.

It's not funny enough to be comedy and too badly written and acted to be called a parody.

It's like a bunch of trekkie nerds got together in their spare time and filmed something on a $50 budget.

>search catalog
>/STD/
>zero results

Fix your fucking general title. /DIS/ looks and is fucking retarded.

I'm not ashamed to say Voyager is my favorite series. The later seasons were legit good.

It's sad when fucking JJ was better at Star Trek.

How come it was okay for TOS to copy sci fi shows and movies released at a similar time period as it, but it's bad if other Star Trek tv shows and movies do so?

It's not DIS or STD (STD doesn't even make sense because no other Trek do you call it by Star Trek first TNG is not STT or DS9 isn't STD or Voyager isn't STV) It's fucking DISCO.

>HOW DID THAY FIND US
>zoom out over gigantic starfleet symbol in the sand

This show is absolute dogshit.

this

youtube.com/watch?v=eiWuuO1LAn4

Sneak peak scene from Episode 3. Actually looks a lot more Trek than the first 2 episodes thank fucking god.

VOY has by far the worst writing team of any trek series in history. So bad that multiple cast members repeatedly trashed them in interviews while show was airing, which is almost unheard of in the industry. They were staggeringly awful.

ENT has some great moments towards the end, but what you have to endure to get to them is not worth it. It's the sunk costs fallacy.

fuck off retard

It's STD, which does make sense as an abbreviation of the title, and it was the first one to really catch on on top of that.

FOX shills, answer me one thing.

What was Seth thinking starring in a live action sci-fi? Orville wouldn't be as shit if he hadn't insist on starring, and got a good actor to play the Captain.

>23 posters
Fix your general title. Nobody here will ever search for /DIS/.

I didn't think we could get lower. But here we are.

>"we need a star to plot a course"
>literally just clouds and lightning in the way
>all the spectrometer tech they could want and they can't see the fucking sun's location

I have never seen a single epsiode of Star Trek but man should you watch STD on Netflix! ©

Star trek has to be the only thing i can watch multiple times and still enjoy on an even level.
hell i even start to recognize actors from different treks, who knew admiral forrest had a roll in VOY wel not me.

he's actually a decent actor
it's his shitty face and humor that are his major drawbacks
when he has to act fairly serious or deliver an legitimately funny line, it works

I agree he's a bad choice for captain, it's mainly vanity.

With all its flaws though, including the humor, that show has heart which is more than I can say for STD.

>orville is at least a functional comedy/parody
This is precisely where The Orville fails, you massive faggot manchild.

>all the spectrometer tech they could want and they can't see the fucking sun's location
I didn't even consider that. Top fucking kek.

I finally understand what STD is meant to be to long time trek fans.

>the old ones have good writing
>"they should try something new, like bad writing!"

just stop

>What was Seth thinking starring in a live action sci-fi?
He is roleplaying his nerd fantasy. That's literally all there is to it. The Orville is literally just Seth LARPing as a Starfleet Officer.

How much is hate for Discovery actually legitimate based on Discovery's quality itself.
How much of it is just rage at CBS for how they treated the 50 year anniversary, fan films and then threw shitty all access in everyones faces as a final slap.
And how much of it is nitpicky Canonwank like all the fans crying about fucking holo communication before DS9?

I didn't think the first two episodes were that good. Too action oriented, poor chemistry between the cast, the acting felt off, pacing was bad and the Burnham character was all over the place. But there were still very much Trek elements, the episodes were perfectly watchable and I understand making a show look like 60s Star Trek would be fucking suicide for normie viewers.
My theory still very much is that STD or DIS or whatever will tie into TMP more rather than TOS. Gene himself implied that TMP is actually what Star Trek always looked like and TOS was just an exaggerated stylistic account of what happened.
I bet my ass that when a Connie shows up, it will look like this rather than TOS.

Where did he say that?

>Have a major network fund your Star Trek LARP fantasy

He's living the dream.

>How much is hate for Discovery actually legitimate based on Discovery's quality itself.
More than a good show should have.
>How much of it is just rage at CBS for how they treated the 50 year anniversary, fan films and then threw shitty all access in everyones faces as a final slap.
Less than what CBS deserves
>And how much of it is nitpicky Canonwank like all the fans crying about fucking holo communication before DS9?
Less than what CBS is going to report.

2deep4u

>We're far too small to be seen with the naked eye.
>And you can't set a course without a star.

>Despite the risks of our mission, I remain optimistic. It's hard not to be in the face of such beauty – in this case, a binary star system. Around these two suns, ice, dust, and gasses collide to form planets future generations will call home

>SARU (ON COMMS): Captain to the bridge.
Status? Massive photonic activity on the Klingon object, Captain.
Output is over one billion lumens per square meter.
>GEORGIOU: Is that a weapon? It seems to be some sort of signal emitter.

Captive Pursuit is imo the best episode in the entire franchise, and I've seen every episode from every series. Genetic engineering, a technologically asymmetrical race treating the Federation as little more than LARPing children, even down to minute details as to how they transported fit into my own headcanon autism about ST teleportation as them being advanced. The purity of Tosk's character, and the severe arrogance and cultural projection on part of the Federation. Great introduction to what O'Brien was going to be like.

I liked STD

holy fuck CBS shut the fuck up with your dis its STD and will always be STD

lens flares: the show

Last thread has 80 posters. Pretty good for a general

> How much is hate for Discovery actually legitimate based on Discovery's quality itself.

None of it is based on quality at all. I'm not saying it was great but the first 2 episodes were still better than all the other Trek pilot episodes (which were bad). People seem to forget all the other series took time to find their feet.

>look mom I posted it again

Stop it I'm already dying.

>looks at posters
yeah you are the samefag who keeps posting i just came here just to say that

>We've been walking in a straight line
>Doesn't realize they made 3 sharp turns

>When a show you wanted to hate ended up having no real good reasons to hate it

>the old ones have good writing

But also a lot of bad writing

whoa you got me that wasn't my first comment itt what's your point idiot

It would be better if you fixed your goddamned thread title.
>ctrl+F: STD
>28 hard results
>ctrl+F: DIS
>25 results, only 8 being the actual abbreviation, and a good number of those saying it's a shitty alternative to STD

The consensus is clear, you sad, sad piece of shit.

I used to watch ENT all the time with my dad.
i think it was about 2004 when it premiered here in Holland and i was about 14 years old.
we pretty much watched everything star trek together besides the jj movies(he hated those).
One day he just collapsed at work somewhere in 2015 and they diagnosed him with late stage cancer.
at the end of it all we wanted to do a marathon at the hospital but he just couldnt take that kind of focus in his current state so we decided on ENT.
So yeah that show will always hold a special place in my heart and i still rewatch it almost every year.

just seeing what STD is becoming makes me feel frustrated because its more like the expanse than Star Trek to me.