If 'Princess and the Frog', 'Alladin', or 'Mulan' was made today

the anti-SJW brigade would be yelling their heads off about how Disney has become cucks.

We can't have nice things anymore involving other peoples, can we?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frog_Prince
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frog_Princess_(novel)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No one bitched about Moana you fucking loser except for a minority everyone ignored because the movie was good.

There were people who were upset at those movies when they came out, too, social media taking over news outlet headlines just wasn't a thing, sans for Princess and the Frog where articles bitched non-stop about how Disney needs to tread carefully or how they're racist cause they wanted to make her a chambermaid.

>There were people who were upset at those movies when they came out, too, social media taking over news outlet headlines just wasn't a thing

Really, like what? Was it Christians complaining about non-christian characters in Aladdin, because that's a bit different from the faggotry happening today. Or was it concerned parents miffed over the midriffs and boobies Jasmine and Ariel sported?

The problem isn't different races, the problem is racewashing. Aladdin and Mulan are stories from differents countries and therefore they are of races from these countries, so there is nothing wrong with them. But The Princess and the Frog is a story that has nothing to do with niggers so it is actually SJW cuck move from Disney. Even if it was actually a good film.

NO THE DAMN ALT-RIGHT WANTS TO RUIN MY MOVIES LIKE THEY DID WITH THE PRESIDENCY!

dafuq? is there a harry potter reboot with black hermione im unaware of?
and a western death note??

Google is just two clicks away.

>But The Princess and the Frog is a story that has nothing to do with niggers so it is actually SJW cuck move from Disney. Even if it was actually a good film.

Was the race of the princess or the frog/prince actually relevant at all to the story? I don't see the validity of your argument here.

Of course. You can already predict the reaction despite what this user says since he lives in a farts world.

>Alladin is voiced by a white male. So, it's another whitewashing cast by a white company. He is portrayed as a thief and with this detail Disney is showing us what they really think about arabs: They are criminals. Also, Jasmine costume is sexist and dated and her role is being a trophy.

>Mulan's motivation is because her father. A man. A subtle way to tell us that without a man, we womyn can't do anything.

>The problem isn't different races, the problem is racewashing. Aladdin and Mulan are stories from differents countries and therefore they are of races from these countries, so there is nothing wrong with them.

I don't think Aladdin would be well received by angry internet people today, even if it is based on Arabian story... just a hunch.

If the race wasn't relevant, why make them black?

>soemone went to the effort of making this
>When the most significant character is Johnny fucking Storm

Some of those examples are pretty strenuous. The Goyle one is just a plain lie, MJ is still a rumor, MM has been black before, I don't get the one with Jamie Fox, what's with the first cat woman example? Sits far enough back culturally? Didn't Aladdin take place in China?

Are you insane? Jasmine not being the main character would be "insulting" these days.

To annoy people like you.
Besides IT WAS FUCKING NEW ORLEANS

Eh, assuming Williams was still in it there would probably only be a shitty minority of people complaining. He worked magic in alladin.

because black people don't know how to produce or circulate their own media or culture and need whites to do it for them, obviously.

Publicity and relevancy.

Explain to me how Aladdin and Mulan are more about race than Princess and the Frog. All of them meet the criteria you set in your post.

The Louisiana setting is pretty cool. Frogs live in the swamp, it lets you tell a story about an American princess. Theirs no reason why it shouldn't be black either.

The main villain is also black, Voodoo is a local thing so that explains why there is a 'evil sorcerer' in America. There are good white characters too. etc.

>Didn't Aladdin take place in China?
The movie didn't, though the original tale sort of did.

Black people existed in 1920's Louisiana. There were quite a few of them there, in fact.

Stage play about adult Harry Potter and his kids that's got a fucking garbage fanfic-y time travel plot and Voldemort/Bellatrix's daughter as a villain.

They went raceblind in the casting for Hermoine and JK ended up stirring the pot with some vague "It's not like I ever said what race Hermoine was in the books" tweet when endorsing the casting.

This, race was only such a big deal in this movie because people made it one. There are a lot of black people in New Orleans and they'd never made a movie starring them before. It made sense.

It wasn't a very good movie and I still resent it for being the final nail in the "anything that isn't Frozen" coffin.

it was set in 1920s Louisiana so they could make them black, not the other way around.

Fun fact: Before they went with New Orleans, they were considering setting the story in Chicago.

It wasn't that people made it one.
It's that they were advertising it as their first black princess and the media took off with it and, again, did what Disney expected them to.

Publicized the crap out of it. Free advertising in every avenue possible.

This The original tale isn't related to Louisiana or blacks at all.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frog_Prince

She did decrease Dean Thomas' role in the books funnily enough.

>We can't have nice things anymore involving other peoples, can we?

Only about three years ago Sup Forums culture still idolized delicious brown girls and stories from all kinds of perspectives.

Then WE got "cucked" by Sup Forums shitlords, who as one huge collective Cartman, want their white action hero story to be the only story.

How fucking boring. And I say this as a white guy.

Wait for it... now some Sup Forums tard will complain about my complaining! In all honesty, this isn't a fight for the greatness of white men vs everyone else, it's just a contest to see who's the biggest victim.

It's taken Sup Forums from us. SJWs may get extreme but anti-SJWs have gotten just as bad.

>m-muh anti-sjw
>brigades, i tell you
>i need to insert my cuckold fetish everywhere
Take a break from 4cha, shitposter.

>unironically using shitlords.
c'mon.

Ironically, making the mc white would made more publicity and relevancy than making them black. Because the average western spectator is white or likes whites. It's not like there is a real market in Africa or if american black people doesn't cosume white media at all.

Bait is too obvious. This isn't /qa/, so no need to yell about a boogeyman obsession complex every other sentence to get replies. Be more subtle next time, shitposter.

that scene where Jasmine gives Jafar a big slobbery kiss is still pretty messed up to this day.

So was race relevant or not?

They created their own publicity by saying how new and progressive the idea was when it was entirely irrelevant.

Everyone in the movie could have been gray or mechanical and it could have been unchanged.

It was just attached on their as bait as new and shiny and media bit.

Sorta. I mean, realistically the movie was played so safely it got a mediocre response. But it got those first people in the door to the box office and that's all that matters.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frog_Prince

Oh well... the original story was hardly even a story either. Who cares if *generic princess character* with no personality traits or established background is a black-american?

Wait, what race was Aladdin?

To the plot?
No. It was relevant to the time period and their marketing strategy.

Again, money set the black characters because it was an easy hook.

They could have all been rolling toaster ovens with smiles painted on and the plot wouldn't have had to change. Again, the movie itself played things extremely safe.

But as much as I'm calling this mediocre:
I love Keith David's performances in everything he does.

Wait, isn't Aladdin a tale from 1001 Nights? Gennies are arabian mythology for sure.

The Disney movie is more inspired by a fractured fairy tale retelling called The Frog Princess. Didn't have a Louisiana setting or black people either, but fuck it, this is the same studio that made Oliver Twist into a talking animal movie in New York.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frog_Princess_(novel)

Frankenfurter still strikes me as a bad move.
He's a debauched crossdresser, that's his point. Doesn't casting an actual transexual kind of put forth a bad message?
Aladdin I believe was Chinese, and Jafar was either North African or Turkish. They were in Arabia. Or least equivalents of such.

But they could had more publicity just by making the characters white. Whities sell more, just look at Frozen or at any other Disney princess.

The original story is set in "China" in the sense that the story comes from that time when China was so big that people just kept calling whatever was past a vague line China. All the characters still had Arabic names, lived in very Arabic settings, and obviously dealt with Arabic genies.

So they called "China" to Asia and therefore Arabia was "China"? That has some sense then.

Just like Aladdin?

Honestly I don't think much could have saved the movie from mediocrity, but, that seems like that's where the money is.

Still I think from a marketing standpoint that was the idea. I just think Disney oversold its virtue signaling. I'd go off on another tangent but it's off topical.

Aladdin could sell more if he were white. Just imagine.

>Aladdin I believe was Chinese, and Jafar was either North African or Turkish. They were in Arabia. Or least equivalents of such.

I'm going to have to assume that 'china' in the Arabian knights tale was a very little understood place for the Arabians at the time, 'that fantastical place we sometimes hear about that few merchants have visited'.

Similar to the Saracens in the Song of Roland for the Franks, the average Frenchman the time never met or knew anything of Muslims, they assumed the Saracens were like them in lots of ways, wearing the same armor and such, lancers on horseback.

Aladdin's characters were 'white enough' for audiences to relate to.

They just looked like they were tanned. Cept the bad guys.

>20's
>south
wew

Hows moana doing so far?

This topic sucks anyway, let's go where you were gonna.

>Just looked like they were tanned
So.....Persians?

>the sjws would complain about culture's being misrepresented
>the anti-sjws would bitch about foreign culture being presented at all
>the sjws would bitch about a female having a love interest or doing something for a man in general
>the anti-sjws would go on about GUUUURL POWER if she seems halfway competent and has opinions

I fucking hate that I'm part of this generation.

At least fucking anime is largely unaffected by this crap.
I can watch a show about a lesbian witch killing nazis because she wants to fuck a princess and nobody throws a tantrum or calls for it to be cancelled and replaced with their personal fanfiction.

*continued

People back then were not as knowledgeable as we are today. An Arabian at the time probably had no idea what china looked like, just like this medieval depiction of David VS Goliath looks like a medieval depiction of themselves, they generally didn't know what the past looked like either.

Goliath wearing chain-mail and plate wouldn't have struck most of them them as anachronistic.

I don't want to get banned for making off topic posts.

Last I heard from thanksgiving they were doing ok.

Most of the 1001 Nights stories are set in fairytale Arabia, but Aladdin takes place in China for whatever reason.

Is that what's going on with the refugee crisis?

It really depends on your definition.

Persia was always a big place and there's a lot of different people in the area. Some will look on the scale of, "Kinda foreign looking," to, "just a brownish white guy."

>Can't enjoy a story without triggered identity outrage addicts telling you why it's bad and wants to erase white people/men/not-white people/not men from existence.

The internet was a mistake.

So....the characters from Aladdin?

>At least fucking anime is largely unaffected by this crap.

I wonder why... because sjw or because anti-sjw?

Eartha Kitt played Catwoman in the Adam West Batman movie

I don't even know what point are you two trying to make anymore.

More or less.

As I said. They drew them just brown enough to be believable from the area but not so "brown" that people would flock to it.

I (think) he is trying to say, "no, audiences are fine with black people, it doesn't matter what race something is for it to succeed with white audiences."

I'm saying that using Aladdin as an example isn't necessarily conducive to that argument.

Hermoinie was always Black user.

Chris Columbus made her white in the first movie.

> even the most basic and simple of things are politicized

welcome to soft totalitarianism, user

It's simple, Extra Satan
user was saying that the characters in Aladdin just look like tan white people, my point is that Persians are more or less that. He then said that Persians run the gamut from tanned white to vaguely foreign and I was saying that Aladdin characters fit that pretty well as well.
Oh I guess we were arguing different points.
I was just trying to say that Aladdin was believable as stylized Persians

The best method of attention getting today is to be offended.

Then you get to be on tv/radio/online and preach to the masses about how offended you are and get to be society's precious little darling.

You bitch enough you get to have laws passed "Just for youuuuuu" and people can lose their jobs, forced to apologize, etc. You can get rich and be a media whore and get all that comes with it. It's fucking great!

So just pick something tiny and arbitrary and them talk about how if offends your culture in some way. You are one Congressional hearing away from being rich and famous, then you get to go on talkashows etc.

>I was just trying to say that Aladdin was believable as stylized Persians
Pretty much.

Most arabic speaking people are actually really light skinned, you know.

You couldn't tell an Israeli jew from an Italian from a Syrian often enough if you put them next to each other.

Isn't this how Anita Sarkeesian makes all her money?

bitch, moan, bitch, moan, bitch some more=profit

Nobody bitches about Disney movies, though? The only one is PatF and that's people who haven't seen the movie.

>I wonder why... because sjw or because anti-sjw?

Because neither. Japan's leftists and rightists aren't as extreme as ours, so they're not whining and beating each other down over fantasy stories being too (supposedly) SJWish or anti-SJWish.

So anime has a good balance of stories, from macho white guys to heroic lesbians and it's all accepted.

Jesus christ you pussy neo-conservatives whine and cry about fucking everything.

I don't see any neo con posts except maybe the OP.

Maybe you shouldn't try to derail the thread with off topic shit.

I wouldn't describe whinyness as a right-wing/left-wing thing.

Japans got some far right nut-jobs AND a very large communist party.

this sounds like a weeb opinion because Japan has extremists

Oh man, don't remind me.
I remember how they made a big deal about this comic featuring a communist heroine fighting pastiche of the Westboro Baptist Church.

It's silly as fuck, but people treated it like it mattered.