Wow, this was shit. I wanted more action. Why does Sam have to be the main Nova?

Wow, this was shit. I wanted more action. Why does Sam have to be the main Nova?

Other urls found in this thread:

richridernova.wordpress.com/2016/10/13/my-own-cat-fight-with-cosmic-book-news-now-frauds-in-the-legacy-of-richard-rider/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/87420756
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it's not exactly what I wanted
>IT'S SHIT

and this is why brevoort makes fun of you

Because if Richard was the main Nova, what would Sam even be there for?

>Promise the return of Rich
>He's only it for 6 pages
We call this a bait and switch

>promise the return of Rich
>Rich is there
I don't see what your damage is

It was a good setup, Dickfag

Dude, he was still like half the issue.
And they're clearing urging for a purging because of that end of issue hook.

Six is not half of 20. The issue was dominated by Sam.
If you read the preview, you already saw most of the pages Rich is in. That's bullshit.

Because in the end it's still Sam's book.

Don't worry though. Within 3 months Dick will either have his own solo or be leading a team.

or dead

>be leading a team.

Dare we hope for a Ewing New Warriors?

>Ewing's New Warriors

Screw you the New Mutants fans have dibs

This shouldn't be his book anymore. He can't hold a title up at all.
The main selling point here is Rich being back. He should be the main character now.

This is one of the few recent Marvel issues where it didn't feel like eating week old wet spinach being packaged as new and fresh. It was enjoyable and, as someone who never read Sam, refreshing.

I will say that I expect it to suck bad, though. It sets itself up in a way where an episodic team up adventure series would be great, but we all know it'll just be another vehicle for another "nothing will ever be the same" event thing.

still dreaming of Ewing Uncanny X-Men starting Dani and the New Mutants

>there will be a New Mutants movie
>Ewing will not write the inevitable cash-in ongoing

>richfags counting pages and whining he isn't on enough

it's crazy how a shitty c lister has the worst fans on Sup Forums

The art was great, the writing for both Sam and Rich was on point, and the ongoing mystery of Rich's return and flashbacks to the cancerverse are intriguing.

Quit being a bitch. Baby got his bottle and it's still not good enough? Fuck you.

all fans of Marvel C-listers are like battered housewives

It would be better if that got a better artist because the current artist doesn't really draw Sam that cute. A different artist would've made the briefs scene 10/10 for my dick.

Rich has it worst than most fan wise it seems to me. like even Wallyfags (of which i am one) weren't bitching about page count.

It's literally one dude

Rich fans did just get a pretty big dump taken on them by Bendis recently

the funny thing is it's been this way forever, if you go back and read old letters pages from new warriors and nova v2 and 3 it's full of bitching, literally the only thing that's changed is most of the readership now was introduced to him through annihilation

I like rich's character and some of his fans are real astute dudes but he's definitely got one of the most insufferable fanbases as a whole

cosmicfags have long been bad on Sup Forums forever though.

lol weird

that's why i used Wally as an example. Trying to find a equal one.

I guess they never made a version of HEAT though

cosmicfags didn't get bad until that reading order really started circulating when people were asking about the gotg movie

bendis is enough to make anyone salty but at least he only wrote rich for a few issues

>just get a pretty big dump taken on them by Bendis recently
Bendis dumps on everything he touches and has been doing it for almost every character Marvel has for the past 15 fucking years. His dump on Rich was like 2 fucking issues that came out 2 years ago. He did more damage to a dozen characters this past summer with CWII than he did to Rich.

Oh no, Bendis wrote a comic starring Rich that wasn't very good! Boohoo, so has literally every other fucking character at Marvel. What makes his treatment of Rich even remotely as awful as his treatment of, say, Wanda Maximoff or for that matter, fucking Star-Lord and Gamora.

the shitting on of Rich just seemed petty and vindictive, like with Wanda

Star-Lord and Gamora was just general incompetence

>used to pass that reading order along as often as I could to anyone that would ask and many that wouldn't
>tfw all this regret for helping create the cancerous dnafags that took over all cosmic discussion after that
How could I have known that the people that got into Marvel Cosmic through that reading list would proceed to treat it as some holy gospel where any cosmic comic that came before or after is sacrilege.

>or after is sacrilege
that's not inaccurate

This may come as a surprise to you, but there have in fact been cosmic comics since DnA's stint that weren't written by Bendis or Humphries because, and here's another thing that may come as a surprise to you (and unfortunately Marvel as well, more often than not), there's more to Marvel Cosmic than the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Dickfags are the worst
for both companies

oh it was always getting worse i remember getting annoyed with them around War of Kings, which maybe my fav of the cosmic events. there was always this strange elitism/assholeism among marvel cosmic fans

Pretty sure you can call me a cosmicfag and I thought the issue was great

Sam's not dropping from the position of main Nova anytime soon, but having Rich back is really the best of both worlds

I'm pretty sure Jeph Loeb is much worse for Marvel.

Sadly, a lot of Richfags are absolutely nuts.

richridernova.wordpress.com/2016/10/13/my-own-cat-fight-with-cosmic-book-news-now-frauds-in-the-legacy-of-richard-rider/

>Since the announcement, the CBN boards have felt more and more like the garden of roses in Alice in Wonderland, with McGloin shouting “off with his head” at anyone not “angry” enough at NINO or the fact they may sample the new book.

>My last post on the board was precipitated by the more and more irrational views of McGloin and Timelord, who seem to defy any sort of logic in their spittle induced cathartic back and forth about how bad NINO sucks and how horrid Tom Brevoort is….even still with the announcement that Marvel is bringing back Richard Rider, like we all asked for.

>Within the board, there was the promise that “No NINO supporters” were free to post on the board. (He’s actually got it posted in the rules now) leading up to this, he berated and threatened a few long time posters whose comments were not “NINO hating enough”.

>Something needed to be done. It was in this environment I pulled some prize quotes of delusion: “Flesh and Blood Rider or nothing” was one.

>Then McGloin, madly declared he was currently working on a CBN drive that would declare a new boycott of the new series. “Rider like DnA did him or nothing at all!” he declared, basically implying anyone that was not with him was against him. This is where I drew the line.

There was plenty of good cosmic before DnA but I don't know about after.

With the exception of Guardians 3000,Nova and maybe Rocket Raccoon the cosmic line has ranged from mediocre to terrible

Who's NINO?

Sam. "Nova in name only," get it?

"Nova In Name Only"

If only GOTG had a good writer again. It and Nova could lead a new cosmic resurgence.

Would people like to see Loveness and Perez write that book too, or someone else like Ewing?

I mean Ultimates is on the forefront there

Give it to Loveness. His interviews show that he cares about cosmic and if Marvel is deadset on making the Guardians a comedy series, at least get someone that seems to actually be funny.

I love Ewing on cosmic, but he's already got Royals and Ultimates^2. I like Ewing on cosmic, but I don't want him to just become the new "cosmic guy" since his street level stuff is also fun. Not that I'd complain, I'm sure Ewing would do right by the Guardians.

GOTG needs somebody who understands and loves both the characters and the concept of the team (beyond what Giffen and DnA did I might add). I'm not sure if Loveness and Perez feel that way but I'd be as willing to give them a shot as anyone.

That said, given their new A-list status I'm sure it would be hell working around whatever stupid events Marvel wants to drag them into. You know, despite the selling point of the movies being that they aren't joined at the hip to the Avengers.

>he berated and threatened a few long time posters whose comments were not “NINO hating enough”.

hahahahahaha, i take it back this is about as bad as HEAT

yeah Ultimates is really carrying the cosmic torch

>beyond what Giffen and DnA did I might add
This. There's a legacy to the team even if the 08 team was the first iteration in that form. And I don't just mean Guardians 3000, since the modern Guardians has a lot of roots in stuff like Infinity Watch.

The only difference between the way Richfags have been acting the past few years and HEAT is the numbers and willingness to spend money on advertising.

But fuck me, I would love a big ass banner on CBR or some shit that's just "KILL NINO NOW -Signed the CBN forums"

>HEAT
What's that one stand for?

how so besides Ultimatum or whatever and Red She Hulk

Hal's Emerald Attack Team. They were a group of Hal Jordan fans that got supremely butthurt after he was replaced by Kyle. I'm talking legendary amounts of butthurt.

Hal's Emerald Attack Team
They changed it to advancement later.

Oi, dont lump all Riderfags in with that one autist.

Tbh I would suck Rich's dick if he asked me to.

Nothing wrong with that

Yanno I basically took a great liking to Rich when I was reading Mahvel when I was a kid whenever he guest starred on Spidey or if we got New Warriors backups in our mags and had a damn blast with DnA - he was literally /my guy/ as far as cosmic stuff let alone "Nova" went, but to go as far as this sort of stuff like 'organized acronyms to bring the character back' is just too much for me.

same tbqh

>LICK MY BALLS SAM IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO GET THE MANY-ANGLED ONES OUT
>Oh, uh, jeez, Rich, I don't know...
>Lick my balls, Sam. Lick my fucking balls.

Nah, Loeb has done more good than harm. He just had a stint of a few years there after his son died where he was putting out extreme garbage, but given the circumstances I can't blame the guy. I blame Marvel's editors.

I don't take part in NINO or calling in bomb threats, but the way Marvel treated him in favor of Sam when it clearly wasn't working was supremely irritating.
They being him back as the saving grace to the Nova title and hardly give him any time in the book. If it had been a fair 50/50 split, that'd have been much nicer.

Oh, dude, you really didn't know how bad was Bendis shitting on Wanda, Scott Lang and Hawkeye, do you?

You thank at that point Star-Lord and Dick Rider's fate not being worse.

I'm sure we all enjoyed shirtless Sam in his briefs.

Bendis' Hawkeye hate has become hilarious now that Fraction/Aja and MCU made him a viable character.

And for fuck's sake will somebody please remember how much Star-Lord fucking loves the universe? Guarding the Galaxy seems more like a forced job at this point than a passion for him anymore...

And it's hilarious he still tries to make him suffer, especially with CW2 and him killing Hulk.

And I'm gonna bet, the upcoming book is probably going to not suck and end up with a reformed and even more liked Hawkeye for everyone, making Bendis try to get another event without success.

I'm sure we'll get more Rich going forward, user. First issue was just setting up the two and since the mystery around Rich is one of the hooks, they couldn't go too deep into it quite yet in the first issue. I guarantee we'll get some issues coming up where it's at least a 50/50 split if not more in Rich's favor.

>the upcoming book is probably going to not suck
First issue came out and it was pretty good.

Bendis has it out for Hawkeye?

I remember him claiming up and down back and forth he's one of his FAYVRITES.

>Bendis has it out for Hawkeye?
He's killed Hawkeye in almost every event he's ever written.

Wait, really?
I didn't check it out.

Where was the thread, dear user?
Also, if it really was good, then good lord, it seems Bendis is little by little getting shit on even more by fans and other writers, kek.

Solicits for the next two issues.

NOVA #2

JEFF LOVENESS & RAMÓN PÉREZ (W) • RAMÓN PÉREZ (A/C)
Variant Cover by CLIFF CHIANG
THE RUMORS ARE TRUE!
Richard Rider is back from the dead!
Even better — he’s back in his Nova helmet!
But Earth already HAS a Nova as its guardian, and Sam Alexander isn’t one to be replaced so easily…
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

It was good, but good luck getting anyone to buy a book called fucking "Occupy Avengers" in 20-goddamn-16. It's retarded AND irrelevant of a name but what can ya' do. Hopefully it survives long enough for the full team to actually form. Storytime is here:
>desuarchive.org/co/thread/87420756

lol
>implying Rich sells books

NOVA #3
JEFF LOVENESS & RAMON PEREZ (W)
RAMON PEREZ (A/C)
Variant Cover by JAMES STOKOE
CORNER BOX VARIANT COVER BY JOE JUSKO
Richard Rider…back from the dead?! But HOW?! And WHY?! And what does his return spell for Sam Alexander?
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

>FUCKING COSMO
PLEASE BE TO READINK THIS COMRADE

We shouldn't have to wait for that. I get that you can't immediately divulge what's going on with him, but Rich getting back into his life or at least meeting his old acquaintances should have been something we see in issue 1. Not Sam in his underwear.
Sells more than Sam.

Dickfags
>he has to be the bestest and everyone loves him and he should be Batman, all the other Robins are worthless
Jason/Tim/Steph/Damienfags
>we just want fun stories and not be forgotten
Dickfags
>he has to the bestest ever and be Nova Prime and the only Nova and doing cosmic badass stuff 24/7
Samfags
>we just want fun stories and not be forgotten

if you a Dickfag, you're just a dick and a fag.

oh look that one autist is here

kek
Uncanny is cancelled

This.

Also, X-Sanction was 4 issues of balls-out Cable.
e made Nate too, so I can't hate him.

>Loveness and Perez
>A-list status
>on fucking Nova

Dickfags
>WHAT THE FUCK WHY ISN'T HE NIGHTWING
>THE FUCKING GLOVES REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>also I am objectifying Dick RIGHT NOW
>also get bent Tim
Jasonfags
>why the fuck is this book about other Robins, it should be about Jason
>also get bent Tim
Timfags
>we're battered housewives
Stephfags
>we don't exist
Damifag
>omg Dami is the cutest boy and Dick is his daddy and BRUCE SUCKS :)
>Richfags
>>he has to the bestest ever and be Nova Prime and the only Nova and doing cosmic badass stuff 24/7
Samfags
>we get off on suffering

F
T
F
Y

How contrarian can one man be

OP here. What's wrong with thinking Sam is annoying? Why couldn't we have more flying and space shit?

because the vast majority of Nova comics are based on Earth?

he's barely a Cosmic character

this is the best #1 issue of any cosmic-related character by either company in years
stfu and stop complaining, eat a dick

>this is the best #1 issue of any cosmic-related character by either company in years
>when Larfleeze #1 exists
>and Ultimates #1
I did like it though

>what are context clues

He was obviously talking about the GOTG, doofus.

>GOTG
>A-list

Ouside of comics. AKA 99.999% of the world they are though.

Why is Sam so brown now?

You're a fag, you'd expect space shit when the title is NOVA. Stop telling people to eat a dick you cuck when they voice their opinions.

Richard went to space like 5 times in his first three decades
Nova isn't space shit

Diversity.

>Rich is the only superhero with a happy nuclear family
>writer kills off his based dad who made him say "blue blazes"

I don't remember them saying his dad died.

Old age. Like the first or second page

The writer is hispanic, so he's playing up Sam's hispanic side.

>implying anything before Annihilation matters or counts
Fuck off, NINOshill.

Was a fun read for me.
I liked both the Sam and Richard parts, but i'm a bit worried about the lack of worldmind, but probably this have something to do with the eldritch monster/cancerverse thing going on. I hope they'll show what happened to Dick's brother and the old-new novas, like the Fin Fang Foom's cousin and the trainer veteran
And i love the new designs and the fact that Richard's "rocket" is red, he have the power of a Nova Prime and the Nova Force in him after all

Why aren't there Quasarfags as autistic as you

this