ITT: Pleb magnets

ITT: Pleb magnets

Anything Nolan actually.

your favourite film

Inception is actually somewhat of a pleb filter.

True uninitiated plebs will come out thinking its like "woah" the greatest and deepest film of all time and question the "ambiguous" ending
Pseudo-intellectual retards (plebs) will scoff at the film and claim it's terrible simply because they think they "get" it and see that so many others have a hard time "getting" it
Other pseudo-intellectual retards will dismiss the film because it was made by Nolan.
Then you have the fat animu faggots who dislike the film because "muh Paprika ripoff", who probably haven't even seen the film
True patricians recognize that the film is well executed and does what it is supposed to. It's not brilliant by any means, but neither is it a film without any merit.

Anything by JJ abrams

Well, how about people who just like it and think it is nice?

I'll never understand why weebs bitch about this being a Paprika rip-off, when the moviie has really nothing to do with Papriika aside from the dream machine, but no one bitches about Black Swan being a legit 1:1 remake of Perfect Blue

Not Dunkirk

It was pretty damn good, but nowhere near the level people are praising it as. It's just a good horror movie, nothing more. Hate people calling it like one of the best horror films ever.

This. He hasn't made a single good movie. Not fucking one. The Star Trek movies ruined Trek. Super 8 is a shitty version of Stranger Things, before Stranger Things even existed. And The Force Awakens is a lame remake of the original Star Wars. Why do people like Abrams?

>True patricians recognize that the film is well executed and does what it is supposed to. It's not brilliant by any means, but neither is it a film without any merit.
I just love how great it looks, the story is kinda convoluted and the character were shallow, but the action sequences and special fx were great, even more because many of them were practical and not cgi shit.

Memento is a brilliant movie, The Prestige and Dunkirk are good movies without the pretentious aura of his other films.

>no one bitches about Black Swan being a legit 1:1 remake of Perfect Blue
How new are you? people complain about that all the time.

Why does Reddit love this movie so much? I'm actually confused as to why. It's not terrible, but the only thing it's worth is a couple cool shots and decent practical action. The Road Warrior is honestly a much better film, and it has Mel Gibson.

True, except for Dunkirk and Memento. The rest of his movies are very meh.

Seeing Fury Road was one of the best theater experiences I've ever had, even if the movie isn't worth much afterthought.

This actually

>but no one bitches about Black Swan being a legit 1:1 remake of Perfect Blue
Have you been living under a rock?

I never complain about "rip-off", because it doesn't exists, plots are completely different. However visually and aesthetically it has many similarities, just too many to be a coincidence (Breaking a huge mirror to go to other places, buildings moving, corridor scene, elevator scene, mobs of people...), also Darren Aronofsky actually paid to have Perfect Blue rights (He used a scene in Requiem for a Dream that is 100% copy of a Perfect Blue scene, so I'm sure he still had the rights and he could do anything he wanted, either visually or plot related.

I enjoyed it in the theater when it first came out, but since, I have no urge to rewatch it. Why does Reddit treat it like it's some masterpiece? The soundtrack is nice, but the story is so overdone and predictable. Why did everyone flock to this movie?

>DUDE DEEP MESSAGES
>ITS SO SMART AND HAS GREAT ANALOGIES

>True patricians recognize that the film is well executed and does what it is supposed to. It's not brilliant by any means, but neither is it a film without any merit.
horseshit. Nolan overcomplicated something that should be relatable to every single audience member (dreams) and turned it into something totally alien which he then had to spend every other line of dialogue explaining. It's impossible to become lost in this film becomes Nolan is right next you to the whole time giving you the play by play through each of his completely interchangeable characters. The buildup of this convoluted mess is a series of action sequences which don't serve the actual plot at all. Presumably the purpose of the film was the story of Cobb and his wife, and to explore epistemological concepts in a really shallow way, and that's fine, but he's Nolan so he also needed his big set pieces. He spends most of the runtime creaming his suit-pants over the multi-layered stakes introduced with each dream level.
Inception is a tragic waste of several good ideas. It's incredibly poorly written. It's pretty, but not pretty enough to carry the film. Worst of all it's fucking boring.
You're not a true patrician, you're another layer of contrarian competing for the most hipster take on it. You're a wishy-washy cunt.

It's a cool movie, I've actually had a few dream within a dream inception dreams. But to think it's deep is retarded; it is an action movie.

And the dreams looked too real and not very dreamlike. Nolan missed a huge opportunity to do anything he wanted.

any capeshit

>being this much of a contrarian hister

This and The Neon Demon, those are reminders that sometimes people can't see beyond their own heads, and analogies and symbolism is not something all people understand.

Now, I'm not defending those movies, those movies are average at best, but people criticizes them for the wrong reasons, without understaing the message, or what the movie is about.

Spider-Man 2 and Ang Lee's Hulk are the only exceptions. And maybe Tim Burton's Batman.

>It's pretty, but not pretty enough to carry the film.
Well it was a box office success and had massive critical approval, so I'd say it was "pretty enough to carry it"

>why is generally popular movie popular on a diverse website?
We may never know, user.

I'd watch a Disney musical over this any day

fpbp

This board is the biggest pleb magnet there is.

Tim Burton's Batman is basically a meta movie. The idea is that it's a Batman movie in the Batman universe. That's a theory anyway. But it adds a great layer to he film.

I don't understand this. It was a lot of fun to watch, but it was a 2-hour car chase scene, not some artistic masterpiece
>torso like a door
>weird foot-long lats
>no pecs
>disproportionately small arms
>retard face and big ears
Magic Mike was when I first realized women like what they're told to like, aesthetics-wise.

Definitely not memento.
or The Following.

> Chanin Tatum is not handsome
I can almost smell the jealousy your butthole is exhaling from here, and there's an entire ocean between us.
t. Expert in make beauty, aka a fag

> Wet vaginas: the movie
It accomplished what it tried to accomplish, which is to make women ooze from their lady parts, but it's overall a very silly and poorly written movie. The only redeeming quality is mister my body is ready tatum, but even so the lack of body hair doesn't please me.

>True patricians recognize that the film is well executed and does what it is supposed to

for fucks sake THIS. thank you.

it's an original concept and was pretty captivating throughout. it's not a fucking scientific documentary. if you unironically DON'T enjoy this movie, gb2 watching capeshit

FAGGOTS

Everything by Paul Thomas Anderson, Quentin Tarantino, post-2000 Scorsese, David Fincher, James Cameron, James Grey, Alfonso Cuaron, Nicolas Winding Refn, Ridley Scott, Jon Favreau, Shane Black, Damien Chazelle, Alfonso Cuaron and Steve McQueen

>cameron is our guy

Cameron is the human potato chip of action directors
Bay is /ourguy/

This accurately sums up many of my views on films.

the correct answer was Unbreakable

Nolan in a nutshell

except a patrician would realize that he's cinematically worthless and barely above television tier

django

take it easy man

shit. forgot to add, doesn't Ex Machina's poster remind you of Gran Torino's? I'm not saying the latter is pleb filter.

>Nobody's mentioned Insomnia yet

>MEME CATCHPRASE

You are a pleb

His movies aren't even bad, it just shows that someone hasn't seen a lot of movies when they say Nolan's are their favorite.

Did it really rip off the Duck Tales comic?

It ripped of the spongebob episode sleepy time.

The Matrix

This user is correct, Inception is one of the best pleb filters, along with these other kinos.

Don't act like you don't watch his movies when they come out. Nolan films are generally pretty good, its just the imdb crowd that autistically calls him the second coming of kubrick that makes everyone here hate him

anything directed by this cuck