2 = 1 > 3

2 = 1 > 3
Also, Dreamworks thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2016/10/17/shrek-5-austin-powers-screenwriter-working-on-sequel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA CIRCUS AFRO

I always felt 2 was held back by both everyone having their own plot and them already knowing they're going to do a third one.
But they couldn't figure out what to do that wasn't "Home is where the heart is" because they were saving that for 3, so he just learns that lesson twice in a row.

3 > 1 > 2

Do you think Netflix shows will have an impact on movies?
People have been wanting to do Puss in Boots 2, do you think Adventures of Puss in Boots can do so well it'll convince them to greenlight the movie?

Fuck you. That's half the reason I consider 3 the worst one.

>I always felt 2 was held back by both everyone having their own plot
Initially, I agree with that, but after the watering hole goes dry, they connect almost flawlessly.

>they couldn't figure out what to do that wasn't "Home is where the heart is" because they were saving that for 3
Objectively speaking, 2's execution of that plot is better. If anything, 3 should be under fire for copying the moral.

2, in general, had more heart with 2 or the 4 cast members discovering feelings for each other and the main character dealing with the reunion of his family.

If you don't think 2 is better, that's fine, but in terms of character development, 2 is far better than 3 and probably 1 as well.

I may be biased because I also think the large setpieces (the car chase, the circus) are neat.
I also like Penguins for that reason, since it's all impressive setpieces and little plot.

I think those were definitely highlights. Maybe watching them one after the other (2, then immediately 3) diminished the impact a little. I wasn't impressed because I was just like "Yep, that's Madagascar", which in itself if pretty impressive for the series as a whole. The fact that animation the good was considered "on par" for me.

This is better than the Shrek series of films.
To be fair though, I haven't seen 4.

Shrek is weird because it's sort of all about him getting old.
4 is him having a midlife crisis.
By that logic 5 can only be about him worried about his now grown daughter dating.

Honestly after seeing it I thought it would have been a better idea for the whole movie to just be a circus show. Just pure special and implied plot

>Shrek 5
Please tell me that's not going to be a thing.

Also, was the Piss Boots spinoff movie any good?

Yes actually. Better than the final two Shrek movies.

It's some good fun.
They went to lengths to make Puss in Boots it's own franchise, so it has a completely different atmosphere to it.
It has Puss in Boots, it's in a world where fairy tales are real, but there's less pop culture, and more adventure.

>Please tell me that's not going to be a thing.

What
Are
You
Doing
In
My
Swamp?

ign.com/articles/2016/10/17/shrek-5-austin-powers-screenwriter-working-on-sequel

IMO they should have stopped Shrek at 2.

I unironically enjoyed Home, all the way down to its soundtrack and BAZINGA

this

Shrek was never all that great to begin with.

Shit, this is amazing

It doesn't really have a strong aesthetic besides uh..
Kind of real, I guess?
It's one of the weird parts of Adventures of Puss in Boots, the character designs are all over the place because there's no unifying aesthetic to the universe.

The beginning chase scene in 3 alone was better then everything 1 and 2 had.

I want to ride on Glorias fat belly

It's like chicken little, zootopia, Polar express and paranorman all in the same universe

Disagree.

3>>>>>>>>>>Madagascar gorgeous better with each movie.

>I want her to sit on my face

Actually I guess that's a point for Madagascar 2, in that the character arcs are pretty well laid out in character design.
Gloria and Melman fit in very well with their kind designwise, while Alex just doesn't fit in at all which is reflected in generic lions looking nothing like him, and while Marty thinks he fits in, he starts to have a crisis of identity which is reflected in all of the zebra being exact copies of him.

I guess that makes Madagascar kind of an important movie for Dreamworks, since they were all just trying to be "real, I guess" up to that point.
Madagascar was the first movie of theirs to actually have a strong stylized aesthetic to it.

my biggest issue with these movies is that each one completely dropped important plot points from the previous one
Madagascar 2:
>drops idea of Alex needing to find a viable food source to avoid killing his friends from the first movie
Madagascar 3:
>drops the characters from the second movie without mentioning it
Seriously, Alex's parents didn't even get to say goodbye to them. If they ever make a 4th movie, i wouldn't be surprised if they drop the circus entirely and don't mention it once

afro circus would have been tolerable if it hadn't been in EVERY SINGLE ADVERTISEMENT that movie had

The third one was the best of the three, it felt more entertaining. The second had better storyline but lacked any laughs. The first one was total shit, without clear storyline and shitty animation.

3>2>1

To be fair, they probably just avoided the parents out of respect for Bernie Mac, who played the dad and died before 2 came out.

I just watched Puss In Boots.

Meh. It didn't really do anything for me. I guess everything in the clouds was cool, but the story is just... melodramatic? I can't put my finger on it really, but thing it would have worked better without the origin story angle.

Actually, Dreamworks movies all generally have really strong art design these days, yet even in Shrek 4 I can't really think of anything to say about it aesthetically.
They're just kind of grandfathered into an artstyle that isn't really anything special.

This. The Shrek "universe" needs to die with its godawful, early 2000's looking artstyle.

Even say Home has it's thing with the shapes.
Humans architecture is square, Boov architecture is circular, Gorc architecture is triangular and pointy.

Shrek's artstyle was literally "FUCK YOU DISNEY ;-;"

Then it became a blockbuster and they had to keep using the artstyle that was originally just a bitter joke

And Trolls is just amazingly bright and cheerful, and literally everything looks like it's made of felt.

Even Croods uses blandness as a metaphor for their sheltered life.
The movie gets more colorful over time as they begin to realize how amazing their world is.

Really, the Dreamworks movies are all pretty good, I do not understand their obsession with putting their worst foot forward, and then tripping you with it over and over again.

Puss in Boots was great, I'm usually not for the "side character gets a movie" thing but I was surprised at how good it was. If I had to compare it with the Shrek movies I'd even put it above 1.

Yep.

OP is a fag.

Just awesome.

Not all of them are good but most of them are underrated due to some stupid belief that you can't like Disney AND DreamWorks.

yup.

didnt notice that. i bought this movie on dvd because i really really liked the cave scene.

Is this the best example of a forced meme?

Nice repeats.

Penguins > 2 > 3 >1

Is this bait?

>sequel cancelled
Damn shame. Seems like a lot of Sup Forums never even gave the movie a chance because of the obnoxious advertising.

Ah well, at least it's a good stand-alone story.

same can't be said about their character design

2 > 1 > 3

If they dont incorporate her into 4 somehow I'm going to be sad. Not having Marlene in the PoM movie was bad enough.

So when the showrunner says the cliffhanger resolution will be one huge season-long story that will rival his work on Mystery Inc, what exactly does he mean by that?

An entire season long story arc I don't know.

But they really can't kill Clover off with one or two more seasons to go after this.

Yeah, season 6 will be the last one, by the end of next year AHKJ will be over.
I wonder if the same holds true for Puss in Boots.

I regret not seeing 3 in theaters. It's just so much fun.

1 week until season 4 of Puss in Boots.
I sure do hope we get to see what this blood wolf is by the end of this one.
Even if it's the season finale cliffhanger.

I did. It was great.

Heres hoping they break King Julien and the bear from 3 up to leave room for these two to have a romance in four.

1. Why would they care?
2. Are you one of the retards who believed Legends of Awesomeness would be considered for KFP3? You never learn.