Disney Refused to Let ABC Cancel Agents of SHIELD After Its Fourth Season

>According to a new report from Variety, which goes into detail on the new television season at ABC, we've learned that not only has there been some friction between Marvel and ABC, but that ABC renewed Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. only after a mandate came down from Disney to renew the show. "Inhumans has not been the only source of friction between ABC and Marvel. Earlier this year, the mandate came down from Disney for ABC to renew its other Marvel drama, "Agents of SHIELD", despite the desire by some at the network to end the series after four seasons."

variety.com/2017/tv/news/abc-idol-inhuman-1202573827/

*inhales* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Odd. Shield isn't completely awful. What makes me wonder is how shows like 2 broke girls survived as long as it did or how shows like Mike and Molly continue to survive.

Inhumans will make this look like a masterpiece.

This gives me hope. It shows that Marvel actually cares about AOS.
Fills my heart with joy.

No it doesn't
It's just more capeshit they want out on market

It was advertised as the "child" of the mcu of sorts. It would be embarrassing if it just got cancelled and not going out on its own terms.

its really just damage control. they dont truly give a shit about agents of non canon lol

Milking a dead franchise till the last drop =/= caring about it.

No it shows Disney is trying to keep up appearances because Inhumans , Iron Fist and Defenders are big piles of shit

Fake fucking news

ABC/Disney/ESPN etc = same shit

AoS is a show put into production from the previous ABC president. The current ABC president (a black woman, for context) doubled down hard last season on Shonda Rhimes (black woman) and John Ridley (black man) to lead her network into a new era. Ridley's American Crime has been a total bomb each season. Ridley was only kept around because he kept promising to pick an MCU-connected show to run and then do nothing while making sure American Crime got renewed while he waffled. Shonda not only delivered several bombs of new shows, but just signed a deal with Amazon. That means both big names the new head bet on, are failures.

In addition to this, almost everything put forth last year was canceled. The ratings across the board were a nightmare even for long standing shows which weren't How to Get Away with Murder (one of two Shonda shows which were put forth by the previous ABC president, the other being Scandal). The new ABC President also bumped most of her friends (similar people of color) into big positions who have not delivered winners.

Standard policy of a new president is to clean out work of the previous boss. AoS is one of those projects which has been treated like dogshit in the schedule for the last few years putting it up against big name shows from the other networks every Tuesday night. It survives not just because Disney corporate wants the synergy, but because it's a very highly watched show by DVR numbers (the Live+3, Live+7).

the hydra has too many heads, it's starting to attack itself

Was this why Castle took a huge dive into SJWism in the final season? turns out every killer was a white dude and every victim was a person of color who was trying to get his/her life back on track and dinn't do anything.

Agents of J.U.S.T.

>Literally doesn't know how to follow a simple link.

Yes and one of the reasons why Castle wasn't renewed despite the lead willing & a new co-star to join

who was the new co star?

american crime is kino though

Broke my heart when Castle took the SJW dive.

Of course the spirit of the show had been dead since what? Season 4ish? Maybe 5? Fillion still had the charm and charisma to carry the show alone but essentially turned Beckett into an uptight "I do everything cause of the badge" stereotype and lost her own charm and wit.

God...I pine for the days to see Stana in short hair again. WHY GOD MUST YOU FORSAKE ME?

Her name wasn't released. Fillion was going to cut his rate for a shorter new season just to wrap the show up at the very least.

They should do a sexy spin-off staring his daughter!

I love it when people who actually know the industry post in these threads. Thanks user!

probably why last man standing was cancelled too.

The show2njust...never had a purpose within the universe. It was hyped when it first came out but nothing ever happened. There was no impact and it meant nothing to larger universe as a whole.

Now you can say "well the Netflix series are the same self contained beast", and you'd be right...but daredevil sought to tell the story of a man. The Punisher has a story to tell. Luke and Jessica good or bad are trying to say something.

Agents of shield never really had anything to say and it's been 4 seasons. Not to mention most of the hype died down when ppl got caught up on the fact that "it's all connected" was a bullshit tag line when the movies couldn't be bothered to care either way. It became glaring when they kept making the shield threats bigger and more global and it made less sense in a world where the avengers or strange are right around the corner.

How do you come about this information, I don't doubt you just really intrigued. Thanks for the insight

I still haven't watched the last 1/3 of season 4. Surprised it got renewed because the 10pm slot was definitely an intentional death sentence

>friends helping friends
Has nothing to do with race. This cancer has affect industries forever and will continue to do so. Merit is very rarely the key motivation behind hiring decisions.

What a joke

Pardon me for asking so bluntly, but does that mean ABC has been overrun by a pack of niggers?

>0.79 18-49 rating
>fucking capeshit show
Literally renewed for syndication

It's always been the understanding that despite poor critical reviews and bad ratings, that Disney just uses shows like AOS, Avengers Assemble, and Agent Carter to create visibility, advertise, and promote their Marvel films.

It's kinda like the train of thought that any/all publicity, is good publicity.

Disney's been known to saturate the market with their product and that's why they forced the renewal of a show that writers, producers, cast, and fans do not want anymore.

Quantico had a nearly 50% drop renewed because of a non-white female lead

you should it's a wild fucking ride, you can tell they just said "fuck it lets do cool shit" because they didn't know if they were coming back

>almost exclusively white cast with more men then female characters yet never hear sjw complain about that one
just shows that sjws only ever care about something that is popular and mainstream

>moar like agents of shilled, amirite?

I swear to god fucking Sup Forums is partially right and not in the way they think

>Disneyland is there to hide the fact that America is Disneyland
>Foreign leaders would visit disneyland to get the spark notes of american culture

And it payed off. Holy shit s4 was a wild ride.

>2 Broke Girls
>Mike and Molly
Those shitty sitcoms are extremely low budget in comparison to even the shittiest, bottom-of-the-barrel CGI in Agents of Shield or Inhumans. The literal who show leads will work for peanuts.

>agents of SHIT is shilled relentlessly on Sup Forums
>actually so fucking terrible that disney has to force abc to air it
HAHAHAHAHAHA