Just saw it

Just saw it.
Never thought I'd give a damn about a c-list (d list?) superhero.

Anyone else found yellow jacket's death pretty gruesome?
Anyone else think he was a better villain than ultron?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4O0lsnsqk4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>D list
Motherfucker Ant Man was a founding Avenger (well Hank was anyway). In a way, Cross was a lot like Ultron and represented Hanks fragile mental state in the comics

Piece of shit generic movie. Thor tier of nothingness.

The Avengers weren't even A listers until the MCU, calm down.

Also no this movie was pretty shit, and by shit I mean it was exactly by the books MCU....at this point I expect them to deliver something new, just making an "ok" or passable film isn't ok anymore if it's the same exact movie they did before....each time the re use the same formula the less acceptable it gets

In Universe they were a big deal.

I remember Sup Forums being pretty positive about it when it came out. That might be because everyone expected it to be a complete trainwreck though.

Best father/daughter scene. Prove me wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=4O0lsnsqk4k

I think given the material they were working with it turned out ok. Never thought normies would care about Ant Man for god sake

Ant-Man doesn't have as many solo stories as any of the other MCU characters. If you bought the Marvel Epic Collection, then Ant-Man: Scott Lang, and finally the three or so trades which make up Spencer's run, you have most of his solo material collected. It'd be like if DC adapted Martian Manhunter into a movie. Nobody's complaining, it's just kind of unexpected.

I thought Yellowjacket was one of the better MCU villains, honestly. His Ultron influences were very clear, and he actually kind of has a visual similarity to him.

Also, if it's any consolation, he might be back in the sequel. Death and time doesn't exist in the MCU microverse, and he turned Frank into a blob the same color as his skin in the comics.

He still kind of imploded user, I wouldnt put much stock in that. At any rate Id rather see Whirlwind and/or MODOK in the Ant Man and the Wasp sequel

>already insane
>one-minded obsession to destroy scott lang
>no giant company
can we have an evil supervillian, who robs banks to fund his desire "to destroy that fool ant-man!"

I fucking loved Yellowjacket. His design is exactly the kind of shit I like in character designs, and he had some damn good lines. "Do I look like a monster?"

>His Ultron influences were very clear, and he actually kind of has a visual similarity to him.
This too! He was a better Ultron than Ultron was! He had hints of the face design and even came with Pym-Daddy issues.

I wish Edgar Wright could have made the movie. I feel like I would have enjoyed his vision even more.

Still good.

If its any consolation, Spider Man Homecoming might return to that level of villain. I dont see Shocker thinking long term

>Also, if it's any consolation, he might be back in the sequel.
Uhhh, no. He imploded in a similar manner to that guy who got shrank earlier in the movie. As in, he was crushed into a tiny blob of flesh-based goo rather than shrank into a tiny person, which was than incinerated from his imploding suit.

>was a founding Avenger

So?
This is valuable info to a knowledgeable comic reader, but to the average person who's only heard of A listers (spiderman, Superman, batman, the hulk), no way they be interested in "Ant Man" Unless their kids dragged them.
-And Iron man was b list at best until the MCU.

those kinds of villians are corny for sure, and yet they are probably the most entertaining

>Anyone else think he was a better villain than ultron?
That's because he took on the "daddy issues" side of Ultron, whereas Ultron took on the more "muh evolution" side of his character which doesn't work nearly as well without the daddy issues.

Yeah, Ultron's desire for robot supremacy can be seen as a reflection of Pym's inferiority complex while movie Ultron doesn't really have any reason for it. The explanation is that he saw the Internet and became edgy. He's just another angry robot who hates all meatbags instead of being Ultron.

I saw this the otherday as I rewatched. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this and sorry If they have but thought it was pretty cool and definitely subtle enough to imply that the wasp is still alive in the quantum realm.

While MCU Ultron fucking sucked...I did see the purpose of his character, or intended purpose

He was given a mission which was to create peace, he saw that mankind is not peaceful so the only way to achieve that is through eliminating mankind

he's the only post avengers MCU villain to be any good, hell yeah he's better than ultron

I found it hilarious that after Lang blew up all his stuff and humiliated him in battle, even though he had the perfect opportunity to get away with his suit (which was his original plan), Yellowjacket went full supervillain and tried to hold Scott's daughter hostage.

He had brain damage at that point because he kept doing all his shrinking particle experiments in a business suit. Yeah, it's a bit of a lame reason but at least it's there.

>Anyone else think he was a better villain than ultron?
I will never understand why Sup Forums praise Yellow jacket. He was a fucking caricature and looked almost ridiculous in a lot of scenes. Ultron wasn't scary (neither was Yellow Jacket) but he seemed a bit more fleshed out and less cliche.

>cartoonish supervilliany
>lame
its like you dont want a hand-rubbing, mustache twirling golden-age villian

>And Iron man was b list at best until the MCU.
Not according to Soul-Sucker Stan.

I LIKED YELLOWJACKET A LOT

fight me.

>Anyone else found yellow jacket's death pretty gruesome?
You are too kind to think he managed to die. I consider it possible that he is stuck in the microverse in a constant state of dying but never having the time to actually die.

That's a power-level list. You honestly believe Herc is A-List? Or whoever that guy between them is? I don't even know who that is.

Also, why isn't she-hulk up with hulk?

>He was given a mission which was to create peace, he saw that mankind is not peaceful so the only way to achieve that is through eliminating mankind
And Vision even agreed with him. And that Vision only opposed him because Vision believe humans should have the right to kill ourselves.

yeah. we saw.
is this a meme? It's been vox populi for a while

That's Wonder Man in his best costume.
>Also, why isn't she-hulk up with hulk?
That's actually always been a thing. Hulk is pretty much the only one of his gamma pals to get stronger with rage.

>Also, why isn't she-hulk up with hulk?
She-Hulk is actually deliberately weaker just because she wanted to keep her intelligence. Occasionally she goes full-Hulk but ended up being a danger to the public, because she is almost even more insane than normal Hulk in that state.

That's power levels.
Not popularity.

How many in the general public have heard of wonderman, or hercules? -The marvel hero, not the greek mythology.

If that chart were popularity, I don't even know who's on that second row, other than black bolt, the thing, namor, and vision. IDK who the other 3 are.

And if it were a popularity chart, captain America wouldn't be as popular as wonderman, the thing, whoever the red dude is with the wings etc.

>"Do I look like a monster?"
Favorite fucking line. He was so deranged, but he actually sounded sad to hear that. Yellowjacket was great.