What year are you guys gonna spend eternity in?

What year are you guys gonna spend eternity in?

Me? I'm going to 1998

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pzaMD02BzWg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1938 Germany

1776 America

1950s, in the early years of the San Junipero military dictatorship before all that tourism bullshit

2000 America. Truly the best year to be alive.

Do I get to be a cute lesbian? This will affect my answer

This.

It was all hope and hype.

I wipe the storage medium you live on

november 9 2016

Tokyo 1982 as a cross country delivery guy for the Yakuza. Near the end of the 80's I have to put my skills to the ultimate test, one last job, blah blah all that and eventually retire and become a street racer as the 90's happen and get involved in the downhill togue drifting scene and hopefully die before the world goes to shit after 9/11 in one final race/delivery for the yakuza except I die in a cliche ending where my mistakes and past came back to haunt me but its ok because I died in the arms of my shota/twink apprentice whom I taught everything I know about advanced, combat driving and drifting techniques and we already had steamy passionate sex several times and I pass away peacefully knowing he's my true successor and that he will embark on yet another revenge journey where he hunts down the yakuza that killed his sensei.

2017-3000 USA

>What year are you guys gonna spend eternity in?

1,350,000AD.

For me it's '91

Except the tech bubble popped.

the year of your mom

YOU, AND OTHERS AKIN TO YOURSELF, WILL SPEND ETERNITY IN HELL.

>"The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly and painful sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped his image."

— "REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST", CHAPTER SIXTEEN, VERSE TWO.

2001. It was unironically a great year to be a kid.

Undoubtedly 1996.

But I'd be okay with 92-98 in permanent loop. It was so wonderful, I was genuinely happy and full of hope.

I would love to have experienced the 90s as an adult.

Yep. The old world really did end at the millennium.

youtube.com/watch?v=pzaMD02BzWg

Came here to post this

He's right... he's always been right.

2017 shitposting on Sup Forums forever with big guys

2002 probably
the 90s didn't end in my country until 2004ish

why

>american pie
>2000

you know why

the whole world changed after 2001

I'd opt to exist at various points throughout most of recorded human history if it allowed me to simulate generations of exploration and conquest across the globe, providing none of my existing knowledge of the world carried over.

>implying 2008-2016 weren't the years of hope

yes?

1991-2008.

I'd happily live in that loop until i went insane.

anyone who doesn't say the early 90s in america is lying

technologically advanced enough to not be boring, not so bad that life is insufferable

>spelling immortal wrong
Way to fuck up

2010 because that was the last time I remember being happy

3000 BC
>be a giant compared to them
>become chieftain of a nomadic tribe
>take three of the best qts as my wives
>murder my enemies with no consequences
>hunter gatherer culture has healthiest lifestyle for humans
>wander the beautiful and empty european landscapes for eternity
>worship the trees and the sky and the sun
>everyone is white

1983-1986 probs. '83 was the end of the 70's recession, '86 was the peak of the boom prior to the crash. All my childhood nostalgia revolves around that period, roughly.

'91-'96 was a really great time. Really exciting, interesting times.

But it was also kind of rough, financially, so there was a weird doom and gloom palor over everything.

'96-2000 was fucking amazing economically. Culturally it seemed really gauche and siliy and shallow, but in retrospect it was a good fucking time. All time economic boom, crime had peaked and rapidly declined in like '93 I think, so it was also safe. No wars either.

That's why they called it "The End Of History"

>get a cut on your leg and die

Nah 1938 Germany would be absolute kino.

Comfy.

60's for the hippie orgies
70's for the disco
80's for the music
90's for the nostalgia and pre-SJW/Tinder times when degenerates were still silent in their basements

nothing good after the 90's tbqh

End of History was popular around the late 80s. The 90s is what killed it. At the end of the Cold War we watched authoritarian governments fall and the world move away from threatening each other with nukes. After WWII and the Cold War, we felt like we were moving into a place where democratic values would reign and countries could exist peacefully.

Then the 90s happened, and events like Rwanda, Yugoslavia and the Middle East showed the world that nationalism, ethnicity and religion could still tear countries apart. Worse, the international community were powerless to prevent any of these things from occurring. It broke the idea that a body of enlightened first world countries could facilitate diplomatic solutions and prevent armed conflict.

Yeah in retrospect the Grunge guys look like idiots

Real "man with everything need hug"

1860s

Cringiest thing I've ever read

I think Vietnam and Korea were a big part of the disillusion. We knew to much about what was really going on out there because of journalism and it made the wars feel like shades of grey instead of the way WW1&2 were portrayed in the medias (a necessary evil to make a better world).

>technologically advanced enough to not be boring, not so bad that life is insufferable
This so much. Even with something like travel, there is really nothing new to discover.

The book that people were referring to was written in '92.

And Yugoslavia and Rwanda weren't an issue. The belief was that once liberal democracy globalism reached there (or anywhere), everything would be awesome.

day before 911

I downloaded Love Live in 1080p BDs ready for some absolute kino and was appalled at how badly animated it was outside of the music scenes. Sunrise is a cheap-ass studio when they aren't making Gundam.

What if you already chose to spend eternity in this year?

what's the purpose humanity had before? just random luck that star dust became sentient.

>>everyone is white
Hahaha, where the fuck did you get this idea?

It's from '92.

>What we may be witnessing is not just the end of the Cold War, or the passing of a particular period of post-war history, but the end of history as such: that is, the end point of mankind's ideological evolution and the universalization of Western liberal democracy as the final form of human government.

>The end of history means liberal democracy is the final form of government for all nations. There can be no progression from liberal democracy to an alternative system.

People argued against this in the late 90's

>Various Western commentators have described the thesis of The End of History as flawed because it does not sufficiently take into account the power of ethnic loyalties and religious fundamentalism as a counter-force to the spread of liberal democracy, with the specific example of Islamic fundamentalism, or radical Islam, as the most powerful of these.

These people were seen by both Neo-Conservatives and Neo-Liberals as wrong. George Bush Jnr.'s cabinet wholeheartedly believed the fall of Saddam would lead to the rapid adoption of Liberal Democracy in the region. The opposite happened.

Many Neo-Lib's are facing up to this being a flawed theory in light of 2008-2016

90's America. The best timeline to live in.

What the fuck is your problem?
The best years haven't even come yet.

1912 Russia as long as I get to be a noble. Comfiest place/era of all time

just watched Dr. Zhivago and was about to cream my pants half the time at how aesthetic it was

China, 169-280AD

fuck off weeaboo

Early 2000s for early internet.

1999 so I can experience the most kino year in cinema first hand

Idk I've never been happy haha

we must turn more star dust sentient and destroy the galaxy

/Thread

I lived next to Fox Studios in 1999. Me and my roommate went to the movies there (best screens in the country) 2-3 times a week, and not only that, we were seeing at least one AMAZING film out of those 2-3.

In one day alone we saw Fight Club, Three Kings and Bringing Out The Dead.

Also one weekend we watched The Blair Witch Project on a Friday Night and then Sleepy Hollow on Saturday Night

3-4 years after the next economic collapse, or 1 year after we make it to mars.

Trump?

It was me at my comfiest. All the friends, no impending dread.

>tfw born in 98 and never experienced the pre-9/11 world

It won't matter what time I'm in I'll always be in hell

>living forever

nah i'm good senpai

1976 Austin Texas. I'm Australian but I loved Dazed and Confused so it'd be rad. 70's aesthetic is pretty sick too.

good choice

Australia is basically the Texas of the rest of the world, just more spread out, more isolated and with a less interesting native population

And less guns, unfortunately.

1994 or 1995 I think

Discussing certain years really brings on a very tranquil feeling

how's this for tranquil, fuck you faggot

Ah 2017, your chaos is as predictable as ever. So comfy.

This. Very tranquil insult user

20.000 BC.
Live through the entire human history cuz I'm immortal.

IT WASN'T MEANT TO BE LIKE THIS

Fuck. This episode of Black Mirror is my favourite. Always makes me incredibly sad and nostalgic of eras I didn't even live in.

god you're barely even human you fucking insect

I'm 36 and I'll never understand how the 20 somethings got such a fucking boner for the 90s. Is it really just because you were kids? The 2007-2017 decade has been the best because I'm an adult who only gets wealthier every year, not to mention incredible leaps in technology. I don't even have to leave my house if I want to play dungeons and dragons with friends across the country.

>Inb4 kids think wealth=money

before the presidential election was stolen by an evil chimpanzee who destroyed america and the world as we know it.

i liked the movie too but it wasn't THAT important haha

>
2014 wasn't a bad year

>36
>browses Sup Forums

What an exciting life you must have had.

Yeah well, you guys got memed into turning them in. Not enough rural cunts with actual voting power or what?

Meanwhile over here if we even catch a whiff of marxism we all go and buy guns. It's back up to a near majority of households in the country, up 9% since 2011. God bless America

Jesus...that is really super. How'd a nitwit user get so tasteful?