So i just watched this for the second time and i dont think you guys are memeing anymore...

so i just watched this for the second time and i dont think you guys are memeing anymore. this is a VERY solid flick with a complex and interconnected plot that showcases the best and worst of humanity.

i used to think it was just a joke but the allegories that zack snyder makes regarding jesus, demons, goodness in man are all strong and inspiring. you can tell tell that the auteur has strong values and lives a happy life.

anyway, memes or not thanks for bringing this movie up enough to make me give it a second chance

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K0lQxUqmnfU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I find it hard to take you seriously when you use that picture

Yeah. It's pretty great and surprisingly Affleck and Eisenberg steal the show.

i thought it was a cool easter egg

This. I thought Jesse eisenberg did a fantastic job actually, I don't get all the hate he got for it.

>the allegories that zack snyder makes regarding jesus, demons, goodness in man are all strong and inspiring.
BvS is great but if you think that's what the film is about I feel bad for you son.

the whole time lex luthor is comparing him to a god, not to mention this image

This movie is so poorly written its like watching a high school play. Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck have the charisma of burnt toast and used paper towels.

that doesn't prove anything seeing as how Jesus aint real lol

Most expensive meme in history?

That's not really a Jesus metaphor, if anything it's more of an Apollo metaphor.

A T O N E
F O R
Y O U R
S I N S

BvS:UE is a movie that gets better with each viewing.

Sometimes I can't tell if people are joking about this movie.

I loved every minute of it, I've seen the UE almost 10 times, it doesn't bother me if people hate it but I'm always curious if anyone does love it as much as I do

I had the same thought user, but I genuinely enjoyed it so idk

Pretty much when anyone says this movie is terrible, they basically saying they can't appreciate an incredible cinematic experience just because it has symbolism and complex themes. I pity them.

It's typical Sup Forums phenomenon
>some users joke/meme about X
>others want to join the circlejerk
>new users see the joke/meme and take it seriously
>new users join the circlejerk unaware its a meme
>eventually users are no longer memeing and they mean it

A movie can be both bad and still fun to watch. But if you think BvS is actually meaningful with deep themes about religion and philosophy then might as well join the Rick and Morty fanbase.

>A movie can be both bad and still fun to watch
BvS is fun to watch and fantastic, so that doesn't apply here.
>But if you think BvS is actually meaningful with deep themes about religion and philosophy then might as well join the Rick and Morty fanbase.
I am actually, but people here shit and that show just like they shit on BvS because they don't want to be challenged in any way. Keep watching your precious capeshit, Marvelfag, and leave the capekino to us.

The christian-ness of the movie is overbearing af times, but it's a refreshing change of pace from the satanic kikery that hollywood usually shoves down our throats.

How do we know YOU'RE not the one joking?

Superman is an allegory for Jesus, so the subtle Christian themes should be expected.

Same here man. You're not alone.

I guess you can't of course. That's unfortunate that the film is so good, and so few people can appreciate why it's good, that by being ingenious by saying how good it is, you're going to sound mendaciously hyperbolic, and most people, being too stupid, can't imagine you're doing anything but joking.

You don't. It's a divisive movie.

I'm not joking, I have no reason too.

> they shit on BvS because they don't want to be challenged in any way. Keep watching your precious capeshit, Marvelfag, and leave the capekino to us.
You literally sound like a faggot and are no different than those cringey rick and morty fans.

>t. Marvel fag who can't get enough of unnecessary sequels of capeshit

Where in my post did I say I like Marvel. Marvel movies are shit and DC movies are even worse and not only are you defending them but you're actually saying they have deep themes.

Well, not all of them. Just MoS and BvS, and almost certainly Justice League, unless based, visionary director Snyder's vision is ruined in editing and reshoots.

This

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

it's safe to say Zack Snyder is the Stanley Kubrick of our time

>DC movies are worse than marvel
so much reddit

>SAVE MARTHA!

>this is a VERY solid flick with a complex and interconnected plot that showcases the best and worst of humanity

>And now God, bends to my will.
>Now the cameras are waiting
>at your ship.
>For the world to see
>the holes in the holy.
>Yes, the all mighty comes clean about
>how dirty he is when it counts.
>To save Martha,
>bring me the head of the Bat.
Makes perfect sense in context, you ignorant cretin. Nothing short of poetry that is utterly beyond in brilliance the best prose hack hack artist Josse Whedon could spew, despite how much you redditors love it.

>he thinks it's that scene
top kek
WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?

Subtle?? It's as explicit as fuck
>Sent to Earth by his father to "lead them in to the light"
>Raised by adoptive parents
>Has godlike powers
>Can walk on water
>Begins his "ministry" to the world at age 30
>Dies to save humanity
>Resurrects

Sadly, no wine, bread and fish replication powers to feed the world.

Tell me about Martha, why does she need to be saved?

Dumbass. Because Diane Lane is still hot. Looking forward to her hooking up with Hippolyta in the future.

If I don't save her, will she die?

That's literally the only point in the movie where the words "Save Martha" appear. Kys, you fucking redditor. Snyder's poetry is wasted on people like you. You should have just bought a ticket for BvS to give them the money they deserve, but then go to a different movie, certainly a flick because anything else is beyond you, possibly even capeshit.

Um, wow, because she was Superman's mother? How fucking ignorant are you of basic family dynamics, you redditor, capeshit loving, Marvel fan?

I know you're memeing and trying to do some of that ironic shitposting but goddamn do you sound like a faggot.

Nah dude, the entire point of the movie is that Superman isn't Jesus, that's just some shit people project onto him to cover up their own insecurities and problems
Superman's just some dude trying to do the right thing
Like they explicitly say that in the movie
Did you guys forget that scene
youtube.com/watch?v=K0lQxUqmnfU

A lot of loyalty for adoptive parent.

>I know you're memeing
Based on what? I might be a little over-the-top, but I really love this movie, but am trying to make what I say to be extra offensive. I don't literally believe you're Marvel fans or redditors, but I know you basically can't appreciate great films when critics and the ignorant masses shit on a film because it's "too dark," or "the fight between Superman and Batman was too short," or some other moronic reason.

>that scene where Flash talks to Bruce and tries to introduce both Flashpoint Paradox and Injustice as the same time
This movie will never, ever be good. That was the most retarded thing I have ever seen, and I have been on this board for years, so you can imagine the colossal amount of retarded shit I have seen.

God this scene is so sexual, it made me want a daddy to treat me like that and I thought I was straight.

The Martha scene is great but misunderstood.

In the future it will be studied by film and writing students

>Injustice
Shut the fuck up, anyone who honestly thinks the DCEU will ever go the Injustice route is incredibly retarded

>injustice is incredibly retarded
ftfy

>my point
>your head

Absolutely this.

Wait, what do you mean by "You're not playing the Joker Jesse"?

>and I have been on this board for years
so your opinion is automatically discarded. fuck off retard

I also love this movie. Patrician capeshit.

I love it a lot. Since release, I think I've watched it once a month on average.

Your point is objectively wrong because that moment was setting up neither of those things
It was setting up Darkseid and Apokolips influence
And Flash as a character that existed

nice samefag

So how do you guys feel about Justice League playing with the fantasy of having heroes intervene in paris style terrorist attack/hostage situation?

>Horus, Apollo, Jehovah, Kal -El, Clark Joseph Kent
>what we call god depends on our tribe
>demons don't come from hell beneath us, no, they come from the sky
where does superman end by the end of the movie

everyone saying clark's story is blatantly ignoring most of the content of the movie

I liked the attention to detail and focus on multiple meanings, as well as the literal depiction and play on metaphors

>granny's peach tea
>her own words literally blew up in her face

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*inhales*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

get fucked marvel redditor

We got a taste of that in BvS where Lois Lane attempts to interview Muslim terrorists. This is the kind of stuff I've always wanted to see in superhero movies.

It’s a reference to the rock of ages painting. Where some one is stuck in the water on cross made of stone and reaching up to a light coming from the sky. This scene is my favorite

dubs confirm

It pissed the capeshit crowd off because it wasn't capeshit so they shit on it.
I liked it first time through. Although it fell apart in the end. The batman vs superman part was great. The questions about how we deal with superman and the danger he brings to our civilization were great.
The final battle where they teamed up because bruce was reminded of mommy was God fucking awful.

It's without a doubt the only blockbuster film with the depth to rival arthouse films. Snyder is a crazy motherfucker.

I wish this kind of clarity was more common and ever occurred during the day

I wish your assleaking was less prevalent.

Now run along now child. You can probably force another Homecoming thread with some luck.

Woah buddy, I haven't seen a Spidey flick since the first garfield one. What the fuck happened to you when you read my post?

This entire thread = cringe

>backpedaling this hard
Holy shit

Pro BvS has been sincere from the beginning

Straight up look up threads about it from when it came out, its a bunch of anons filling in gaps for each other in how they read the movie

the obnoxious copypasta is purely bait, obviously, but people do like it, and the views posted on here are echoed outside of here, mostly by older men, if that means anything

I was worried about the movie but that alone does seem to move everything from mos through bvs forward

The scene teased in the trailer automatically touches on that scene and the lex's bombing of the capital, the real question is what is the context? The terrorist was used by a US corporate ceo to stage a false flag and bait both superman and the government, which is then inflamed more in the bombing.
The scene shoes a well dressed figure, which suggests a white collar connection automatically

BvS is capeshit for an adult audience. I was surprised how Logan was seen as this really mature capeshit when it just stroke me as juvenile gore with little substance.

Is he on roids?

Ben? Yes. Zack? No.

>MoS
literally alien fundamentalist comes to earth to establish desired society
>BvS
leader of defectors in a third world civil war is supplied with experimental weapons and private military, not by the US gov, but by a corporation, to be actual bait to frame an individual and direct and control public perception
DARPA explicitly mentioned
along with 'blackbox'
>Justice League
Professionally dressed gunmen and private security infiltrate some place in London and hold a bunch of little girls of all people hostage, the hostage situation itself implied to be a distraction

no really, what do they mean by this

in relation to this image, my man, there's more to this that i'm still holding off on

there are STILL more details that people, at least seemingly, haven't caught on to yet, even in connection to the beginning and end of the movie

forgot to mention that Logan had a subtext about exactly the thing you're criticizing if for, logan, worn and old having to rely on drugs to artificially compete with an artificial version of himself created by a corporation trying to make a newer badder version of him, i'd have to see it again to comment on how far they touch on corp control of the genome, like with the whole monsanto seed thing

My problem with Logan is how cartoonish its world is. People say BvS is "too grim" while all it does is replicate our world as authentically as possible, complete with the same media icons we're exposed to daily. This gives the story a sense of grounded touch where Superman exists in our world and not some cartoon world that has to make huge logical compromises for Superman to function. It becomes more fulfiling seeing Superman find his place in our world because it gives him a real connection to human beings.

In Logan, the world portrayed is so cartoonish Trump dystopia that I really can't take the bizzare setting seriously. Like how the American border control is hunting down some Mexican kids running away from evil white researchers. Give me a fucking break.

and now the evil has been revealed to be "out in the dark, among the stars"

He's hungry
He's found us

>symbolism and complex themes
lol

I read an interesting theory with how the state of the land is telling of Bruce's state of mind. How the vast dead plains at the start contrast the end with Bruce entering a lush vital field.

Small details, means a ton for someone like me who finds satisfaction when the imagery and narrative collide in one.

>when a joke goes to far and the retards actually start to believe it's true

Its take on symbolism is sort of meta since the film recognizes Superman as an inevitable symbol to mankind. That is what he will become. Sure he's just a farmer boy from Kansas, but his ascension into geniune symbolism is inevitable. Lesser men have been made into greater symbols. Therefore I really don't understand how anyone can object to the symbolism in MoS or BvS. We are talking about a literal symbol here. How in the world can the story not recognize that and still carry on? It can't. In that sense BvS is pretty unique that it deals with a literal symbol. So it has more than enough justification to paint Superman in various lights.

don't see the evil white researchers thing
Pierce is a straight up fanboy, and le evil white man is just a corporate guy trying to profit of mutants and their spectacular and crowd pleasing abilities

the movie itself references another movie after all...

>When the RLM cocksuckers think their God Mike isn't just a Disney sellout
The Farce Awakens was amazing, riiiiight? I mean the critics loved it!

>that's just some shit people project onto him
You mean, like Zack Snyder?

I mean, if he's not Jesus, then why do we have the scenes like the space crucifixion, set up a stupid idea like the spear, and shoot his death scene as a descent from the cross/pieta reference (and yes, this is reference, not symoblism. That's what Snyder does most of the time)?

Why is there an arrow pointing to the ? Symbol

In pretty much all scenes in MoS/BvS, those images are reflected through the eyes of others.

In MoS's case, that is Jor-El seeing Superman descend on Earth. Earlier in the film, Jor-El remarks that Clark "will be a God to them". That is what Jor-El is seeing.

Fields of grain ready for harvest at a farm house

Clark's childhood farm house no less
The farm house where he was instilled with a 'farmer's dream' no less
Where the land and the king become one, no less

its time for the human to plant the seed of its highest hope

We're objecting at Zack Snyder's unsubtle and hacky attempts at symbolism, that for the most part fuck up the narrative rhythm of the film which is something quite important in a movie, specially if it's over 2 hours long.

The biggest problem with MoS and BvS is not what it's trying to say, but how it does it. They're just poorly made movies by a director that doesn't know how to build a coherent and engaging narrative. He's the visual equivalent of a rambling moron that constantly goes off tangent and whenever he manages to makes his point, people have already stopped listening to him (I wouldn't be surprised if he was like that in real life).

>Superman as an inevitable symbol to mankind
he literally is irl

people have literal shrines devoted to him, and snyder is maligned for committing 'blasphemy' despite all 'wrong' things about his part of the movie having direct comic book counterparts, at times even 'worse' than what people claim is all snyder's interpretation

its almost as if certain people, in real life, hold superman as some sort of absolute.... where else do we see that kind of behavior and thought in our real world? hmm... can't think of anything....