Spiderman Homecoming

Spiderman Homecoming

Thoughts Sup Forums ?

youtube.com/watch?v=xrzXIaTt99U

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wtClC8fslWI
youtube.com/watch?v=xi8UF0lbJI8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>We're /still/ going with this trash outfit.

>trying to do the train scene again but this time with a boat
F U C K I N G D R O P P E D

The Vulture focused part of the trailer was good. Everything else looked pretty mediocre.

Especially shoving in Iron Man - I want to never see RDJ's Iron Man again. Its a fucking Spider-Man movie, you don't need to shove in Iron Man.

Good
>Keaton
>Some of the action
>Web pits

Bad
>Those random lines still being in the costume
>The Vulture design
>Iron Man
>High school again
>Liz Allen

this tbqh

>Peter has a ebony fetish
I think I like it

>high school
>Tony mommying Peter
>Wacky fat sidekick finding out Peter's identity

>Highschool Peter.

I will never not be mad that this is the version Marvel seems most focused on. Also, Iron Man shouldn't be in this movie. Peter should be operating alone without any help.

Holland has a strange style of delivery to me, especially in the 15 second teaser

I can't quite say it's bad because we haven't seen enough of him as Spider-man

Peter should be freaking the fuck out about Tony's intervention LONG before it becomes annoying (to him).

>Ned Leeds finds out Peter's identity.

That sentence just doesn't sound right to me.

There hasn't been a good SpiderMan movie in years. I definitely don't expect them to do any better by monkeying about with the Ultimate version.

>Vulture
>bad

Fuck you, Vulture looks great

It looks fun.

Wtf this looks....good?

The vulture design is actually kinda great

His banter still isn't mean enough. It's just quips.

It'd be real easy to fuck it up. I think Marvel's doing a great job toeing the line of boring tacticool and laughable campiness.

Yeah, his quips should come across more as trash talking.

>legos
>powers reveal scene
>literally turning Ned Leeds into Ganke
Wow. Fucking wow. Peter Parker has over 50 years of history and a massive supporting cast yet they stole one of the like 3 unique things Miles has going for him and gave it to Peter. Bra-fucking-vo Marvel.

That's because they turned Ned Leeds into Ganke, and just gave Ganke's plot beats with Miles to Peter. It's fucking insane when Peter already has a proper high school supporting cast they can use! Why turn Ned into Ganke?

>almost 2017
>still giving a shit about Miles

That's my main problem. It's just stuff like "wow gee willickers so cool!" or "WAIT I DON'T THINK YOU'RE THE AVENGERS".

It was my problem with his Star Wars line, it was my problem with the Avengers asking how old he is.

The point of Spider-Man is that Peter sheds his kid persona or young persona are any person really and just trash talks like no tomorrow. He sounds like Peter as Spidey and that was my problem with Tobey.

>doesn't look anything like the vulture
>not even the tacticool versions of the vulture
>good

sigh

To confirm they're not doing Miles. And all is right in the world. Has Bendis flipped over this?

Wait is Michael Keaton playing the bird man villian?

So much for Zendaya playing MJ. She looked more like a homeless bag lady

>They put in Ganke
Oh boy I can't wait to see Bendis write up a bunch of passive aggressive bullshit about how they're white washing Miles or some shit

The fuck is going on with Donald Glover and Shocker?

Good, we don't need Miles. Bendis on suicide watch.

muh dubursity

Because they needed a male supporting character for the main character to bounce off of. At this point in Peter's life he shouldn't already have that girlfriend he can do that shit with.

Name one other relevant supporting character Marvel could use that is male aside from Flash and Harry, Flash so he can be the bully and Harry so he can be used for Goblin stuff.

Hey man, if it works for the Pink Ranger in that shitastic new movie...

>Teenaged Peter Parker
>friends

user...

>Because they needed a male supporting character for the main character to bounce off of.
HARRY
OSBORN

That's if they even needed to do that. They misunderstand Spidey so much. He doesn't HAVE any friends in high school, he was focused on kicking ass as Spidey. He liked the glory, and he didn't want to bother making friends with the assholes at school. All this could be resolved if he was college Pete.

Sadly, I don't think we're going to get mean spirited Peter in the films. Which sucks.

garfield had THE BANTZ

youtube.com/watch?v=wtClC8fslWI

You misunderstand. It's the Marvel formula. You guys asked why, that's the answer.

youtube.com/watch?v=xi8UF0lbJI8

this trailer is MUCH better

Oh yeah, old bald guy in green pajamas with fabric wings looks a lot better and scarier!

Best suit too

Seeing the Shocker test out his equipment in the teaser was nice.

remember when people got mad at this and said spidey was being a bully and a mean person

Spider-man became a global sensation from the comics a lone. He was an A list global super star before the idea of comic movies even became a fucking thing. Fuck HE MADE COMIC MOVIES A THING!

HE SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING SECOND FIDDLE TO TONY FUCKING STARK!

You see him with the actual arm on in this trailer

That actually was meant to show him being a little violent, though. Captain Stacy calls him out on it.

Is it the same guy? The dude in the bus fight scene looks black

The banter was fine though, it was absolutely perfect Spidey bantz/

in the MCU things are different, everyone there plays a second fiddle to tony stark

Also, that's not Shocker.

Herman Shultz is played by a black guy, google it.

He was playing second fiddle to the Fantastic Four in his first named comic lol

Keep bitching all you want, but the Marvel characters allways cross with each other, that's their thing, and Peter of all the others did tend to live in the shadow of the bigger heroes when he was younger.

WHY CAN'T HE BE THIS SPIDEY

It's perfect from the first line: "if you're gonna steal a car, don't dress like a car thief"

>shocker is a black guy

WE

So, I'm guessing you drop any movie that has a car chase or endangered family member?

Y'know, because they ripped off Dirty Harry or some other old action movie?

Miles needs separation from Bendis. He flourishes when he's not under his pen.

I mean the re-do the "Spider-Man has to lift something heavy" every other fucking arc, in the comic so why not in the movie.

But they shoved Spiderman into Captain America and you didn't mind then.

>implying there's not gonna be like 3 tony scenes

they're throwing him in the trailers cause motherfuckers love some RDJ

God, Garfield was great.

>being upset about high school Pete
I'm glad you faggots aren't getting what you want

But Shocker is black in this flick. IDK who the fuck that is supposed to be.

28 ISSUES

I
S
S
U
E
S

Pete's high school supporting cast is great, but aside from Betty, who isn't an option because it's too early to give him a girlfriend, I wouldn't really call any of them his friends. Liz gets a bit friendly with him when she isn't mad or jealous, but she shouldn't start that way. Same with Flash not being friendly until growing up, and you can include Harry and Gwen in that too even though they shouldn't meet him until after high school. Movies don't really do internal monologues, so he needs a friend. Enter Ned, who they wouldn't likely use in a significant role otherwise, dressed up as Aracnig Kid's friend.

you mean high school miles.

>Playing second fiddle to the Fantastic Four.

He broke into their house and kicked their asses.

Tinkerer

>Iron Man 4 featuring Spider-guy

Was the black girl Mary Jane? And if she was, why the fuck is she black??

I'm glad you're this much of a casual. Oh wait I'm not, remain on Sup Forums

So it looks like he's gonna lose his suit and put the old one back on for the final battle. Screenshots in the other thread

Miles doesn't need anything. He doesn't offer anything to the table and he hardly has a defined personality other than "That guy in the background who doesn't really want to talk because he's introverted". Why waste another title on him when we could have another book instead?

Pretty obviously not MJ at this point.

MARY JANE IS NOT IN THIS MOVIE.

I want fucking casuals to leave.

>He likes high school Peter.

Name one memorable scene that happens when he's in high school.

Because he wanted to join them and was on a hard "notice me, senpai" act in order to impress New York's favorite heroes.

Let's not even forget until civil War (The comic) Peter was still in awe of older heroes like Cap and Stark and trying his best to stay on the good side of them until the whole conflict blew up.

he got bitten by a radioactive spider

>Name one memorable scene that happens when he's in high school.

the time Flash Thompson dressed up as Spider-Man and Doctor Doom kidnapped him by mistake.

And they constantly gave him shit for it. The only other person who Peter looked up to that wasn't an asshole was Reed. Every time he wants to go to the Avengers they just kinda give him the middle finger then show up to take the credit for Peter's accomplishment.

Do we really need another fucking Spider-Man origin movie? Really?

This is why I hate comics and capes, and why I'm only here for the cartoons. What kind of autist spends hard-earned money to see literally the EXACT same story again and again and again?

Holy fuck, now THAT's a Spider-Man movie.

This isn't an origin though?

It's not an origin movie. He's already Spider-Man.

It's not an origin story. Ben is already dead by Civil War, Pete mentions it you fucking retard.

user they confirmed a thousand goddamn times over that it wouldn't be an origin story at all. Uncle Ben is already dead, we've already met Peter in Civil War.

But you don't seem like the reading type, so it's okay.

My thoughts

>Vulture design was awesome, best way they could have modernized it
>Too much Tony
>Bantz was too kid friendly
>Gay MGMT song made me cringe
>Liz Allen a cute
>Boat scene gave me a laugh

Cautiously optimistic. Will likely be better than every other movie except Spider-Man 2.

Anyone else catch The Shocker?

I'm confused, who's mary jane? The nigger or the spic?

His graduation.
Boxing match with Flash.
Fighting the Sinister Six for the first time.

Bait

They're both black. MJ isn't confirmed.

Neither. This is your Mary Jane.

Could have fooled me. Looks like the same origin story shit as usual from the trailer.

So, what? They cut out
>muh spider bite
>muh dead uncle
>muh designin' my costume
and that's supposed to make it good and not an origin story?

>Ben is already dead by Civil War, Pete mentions it you fucking retard.
>implying I watch this fucking trash

>His graduation.
>First memorable moment he mentions is LEAVING high school

he fought the vulture for the first time

>and that's supposed to make it good and not an origin story?

Yes, not having a characters origin typically means that it isn't an origin story.

>and that's supposed to make it good and not an origin story?
>they cut out all the origin story parts, but it's still an origin story!

>implying I watch this fucking trash
So then don't post out of ignorance you cuck. Let me guess, you like DC.

>>implying I watch this fucking trash
Then why the fuck are you even here.
Not having an origin story makes it quicker to tell another story, also that's what you were literally complaining about earlier

Doesn't count since they're not doing the origin.

Could easily be done outside of the high school, though I doubt they're doing it.

>Boxing match with Flash.

Only valid one I've heard.

Eh.

>shit talking mgmt
TheManWithNoTaste,jpg

Whatever, it's a coming-of-age story. Same shit, pretty much. It's the same fucking reboot they've done a thousand times. He's literally fighting Green Goblin again, right?

I don't like any of this garbage.

Is that Donald Glover?

That's the Vulture, you idiot.