Spider-Man: Homecoming

Trailer is here!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=xrzXIaTt99U

Wait a minute, is that fucking Ganke? Are we going to have a Peter who's just white Miles?

Lol @ Ganke being in this

Ganke is the only person from Miles' run that actually has character.

pretty good

>It's a fucking Iron Man movie
Dropped

Truth. Ganke should have been Spider-Man instead of Miles.

>Are we going to have a Peter who's just white Miles?
>Ganke
>young aunt may
>actually in school
>MCU's penchant for drawing inspiration from the Ultimate Universe stories and characters instead of the 616 ones

Did you only realise this NOW?

Indeed, and that is a lot better than having the real Miles, who is a shitty boring character

Looks okay.
Still not feeling them using Stark so damn much.

The costume looked better in the 2002 movie

Isn't that Ned Leeds?

>MaryJane is a negress

I don't even know why he has to be, it's fucking Spider-Man not some C-Lister. Is Iron Man actually more popular than Spidey that they feel the need to insert him prominently into it?

To tie it into the MCU shit. When I went to watch CW with my casual friends, when they saw Spidey, they thought it was ASM Spidey, not MCU Spidey.

dat diversity and dat it looks like the same shit as every spiderman movie.
Only good thing is Tony and Peter relationship.

It is they just turned him into fucking Ganke

LOL no.

That costume was pure garbage, the mask's eyes were way fucking off too.

It's Liz Allen. Go read some fucking comics for once.

Hey its Childish Gambino!!

If he isn't playing Hobie Brown, Ima be right fucking pissed I tell you what.

How would he know it's Liz Allen?

He calls her Liz in the trailer, for one
>Did Liz get a new top?

Wouldn't be a real Spider-Man movie without a shot of Pete getting pulled apart by his webs from both sides.

At least we know Ned can't be mistaken for the Hobgoblin this time around.

In name, yes. As soon as I saw the Legos, though, I knew.

>random fat...hawaiian kid? asian kid? whatever
>mary jane is black for some reason?

Why. Change for the sake of change is retarded.

Otherwise the trailer looked decent.

>Spider-man 2 train scene
Even more than a decade later, still one of the GOAT cape scenes

>Spider-man fights Batman
>Batman is also Birdman
>Birdman is playing the Vulture
We must go deeper

Wow! Looks like crap.

The switch from indie-dramedy-coming-of-age music to oh-shit-action-stuff music kinda annoyed me

looks like another sterile piece of shit

BRING BACK MY GRITTY RAIMI SPIDER-MAN MOVIES

Pretty hype senpai

YOU JUST HIT THE JACKPOT

Hollywood's first black superhero cast as a white man. Deal with it.

Just the comedy potential would be worth it.

>becomes known as Fat Spider-Man
>gets an antihero love interest like Black Cat who thinks, "Well maybe he's cute underneath the mask?"
>pulls it up to reveal this

Stop being so retarded, please.

>tfw Gambino's new album
Walk tall, little one

>whole pre-prod is spent hyping her up
>is barely in the trailer
>Liz looks to have a bigger part
WE SENSATIONAL NOW

>young aunt may
Marissa Tomei is in her 50's!
she just looks amazing for her age!
also shes age appropriate for the age peter is suppose to be in this

This all looks a lot better than I thought it would be, minus fucking Keaton as Vulture. They might as well have given him a new name.

MJ didn't go to school with Peter but then again neither did Gwen
Or Ganke

It's just Liz, and for that reason I don't think anyone cares. Mary Jane better be a redhead though. Not even a race thing, it just better happen.

>this guy will become Hobgoblin

if they put the fuckin PROWLER in an MCU movie ill backflip to my theater

H-he got better.

Looks good. I haven't bothered to see strange and guardians two looks merely alright. This I'm definitely checking out, but Spidey's one of my favorites.

Same reason that Batman has to be in basically everything DC.

RDJ/Tony is the main man of Marvel these days, his concept having caught up with the culture now that tech is rapidly advancing and freely available. He's funny, he fucks up, he's dick, and he has the cool toys.

To millennials I imagine he has more to offer, to relate to, than a moral soldier from a bygone era, or any of the others, really.

I guess they are hoping that Captain Marvel and Spidey will, together, offset his loss when he bows out of the MCU.

this is Mary Jane

Same as Ultimate Aunt May. She wasn't 30, she just didn't look like a 90-year-old crone like 616 Aunt May has always been depicted. In comparison she's "young".

Cap is more for the girls. His heart of gold and out of touch attitude is charming. Not that I don't like him too.

you will NEVER get away from Origin Stories
especially in spider man movies, just be thankful that its not the Uncle Ben story this time and just a Hero Beginnings story

I like a lot of the actual Spider-Man stuff. From where I can tell they plan on going with his character arc, I like that.

I'm hoping Tony isn't overused, and that that scene of them fighting together is from the beginning of the movie. If they fight together at the end I'm going to be pissed.

Best case scenario, he tries to prove himself too hard, and while he does save the day, he loses Tony's favor, and completely turns public opinion against him, getting a reputation as a menace. Some other shit will possibly go bad, like fat kid dying or something like that.

The shot of him holding the boat together, it's admittedly a bit cheap and obvious, but I'll be damned if it's not effective.

>Ganke gets a nameswap
>Miles Morales is turned white
>Mary Jane is turned black

Seems fair enough to me if she's really MJ.

I can dig it. She looks approachable, and it makes sense that he might overlook her at first, in favor of the shallow bitch girl. We've had the supermodel girls. It's not like she is bad looking.

Despite that not being her character's name and her not being a love interest? I won't say it couldn't happen, but I don't take a bunch of people unrelated to production claiming something over and over alone as concrete proof of anything.

I prefer Cap myself, being a somewhat right-wing Christian who admires what the US used to (claim to) stand for. Nut then, I'm also looking forwards to Bucky!Cap. It's pretty clear they want to go that way when Evans retires.

I like it so far. Looking forward to watching it

>trying to repeat the spiderman 2 railcar scene
weak

>Despite that not being her character's name
what? That is MJ in Spider-Man Homecoming.

More like Blobgoblin!

I liked it, this kid has good reaction faces.

>Miles Morales
It's straight up Ultimate Pete. And considering for the bulk of his run Miles was just a black Pete, it doesn't change anything

To hammer home the fact that it's the MCU. Why do you think its called Home coming? Normies are dumb.

>And considering for the bulk of his run Miles was just a black Pete
He really wasn't

Kid definitely looks like a great Peter, I'm more worried about the whole Tony Stark mentoring/Avengers grooming bit so early in his Spider-Man career, mainly because I still have the bad taste of Ultimate Spider-Man (the cartoon) in my mouth.

Because he's inextricably connected to the MCU, and honestly it would be kind of weird for him to go on this big Avengers adventure then everyone just kind of fucks off and leaves him to do whatever, especially with the investment Tony's already made in him. I kind of wish Peter could exist on his own but they have to take the clusterfuck into account.

>Did you only realise this (Marvel) NOW?!!!

fixed.

It's a scene of pure heroism. I can't think of another scene except Dark Knight where saving CIVILIANS was used for tension. Everything in Marvel recently is hero on hero, even before civil war. No general heroism.

What what? Her character's name is Michelle. Whether her full name is Michelle Juanez or something remains to be seen, but there's nothing right now that says she's Mary Jane other than that she's a female in a Spider-Man movie.

RACEMIX GOOOOY!

except its not mary jane
Shes the main love interest, nowhere was it confirmed shes MJ, and even the actress herself said in a recent interview that's just people's online speculation that spread quickly as fact or some shit like that

He was worse than just a black Pete. He was nothing. Miles was such a dull character for most of his run. Ganke, Judge, and Gwen were the only good parts of that book.

Gotta get that Jesus symbolism in there, dawg.

shes spidermans love interest
changing the name doesnt make it okey

I bet her initials are MJ and she is this universe's Mary Jane-like.

That's not entirely fair. There are a lot of scenes similar to that in the comics, with him holding up a building or holding a box of people up stuff like that, and that specific pose is great for it. He's literally floating there, arms spread, christ like, as he risks getting torn limb from limb to try and save people. Spider-Man's no stranger to that kind of symbolism, and that sort of feat just in general really lends itself to him, both his character and power set.

She's not even the love interest. Liz is and she's a different girl.

>Peter's only had one love interest
>spiderman

I'm just going to assume that you're shitposting and that you're not really such a colossal casual.

oh the horror

Just make her Mary Jane. Nobody cares about Michelle Gonzales.

MJ has the best personality/character hook of any of the girls he dated and having her get BLEACHED by Peter could only be an improvement

this time he's younger than he was in the first Rami movie.

So she doesn't look like Mary Jane, doesn't act like Mary Jane, isn't called Mary Jane... but somehow she's still Mary Jane?

Did you watch the trailer?

Did you watch the fucking trailer. He calls her Liz.

I know Sup Forums has some retards, but I still feel suprised.

Shocker comfirmed?

Dammit Sup Forums too much Tony Stark!!!

>mary jane is black for some reason?
That's not Mary Jane. Fucking watch the trailer. He says Liz. It's not even like he says it under his breath. He's looking at her clearly in the face and says Liz.

Im saying shes not mary jane and that she has replaced mary jane
and thats lame

>Peter himself called her Liz
>Maryjane

Go eat shit!

And what exactly makes you believe that she has replaced MJ?

Hold on now, this guy saying she's MJ seems like he's in the know. I mean, he read it ONLINE. It HAS to be true.

Why not? It's a new fucking character.

Spider-man has had like a shit ton of love interests.... were they all MJ too?
moron

Wasn't Liz also Flash Thompson's girlfriend at one point?

>Mary Jane is turned black

Is Zandeya Mary Jane or something? She said in an interview she's not Mary Jane.

The other girl is Liz tho.

Shockers been confirmed for months bro, theres set pics of him in full costume

>Somehow lost to Cap.

Don't buy it.