Thoughts on the minimum wage Sup Forums? Raise it? Lower it? Tie it to local or state prices?

Thoughts on the minimum wage Sup Forums? Raise it? Lower it? Tie it to local or state prices?

Look guys it sucks you live like this, but you're just asking to get replaced by bots asking that much given your cost of living.

We should take a step back and ask why were left fighting over these meager scraps, given the scale and dynamism of our economy. Something is very, very wrong. And "15" isn't going to fix it.

and why is that exactly? just curious what you think, I would say it's because public education at it's core is shit, and taxes and regulations are pretty restrictive

Why not $16?

Anybody who doesn't want paid more for working a job is a tube.

Not that any of you actually have jobs, but if you did you'd be happy licking your overlords boots for minimum wage.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be paid more.

Then work a job that pays more. Plenty of them are hiring.

> get qualified for 40k/yr job
> create 60k/yr expenses
> complain I need a raise because life is hard

Who cares.

>I want to be paid more, so nobody in my country should be allowed to be paid less than me, in fact we should all be paid more at the force of guns

fuck off pinko

>plenty of them are hiring
HAHAHAHAHAH

Don't fucking have it. See what happens when people are paid what they are worth. Don't let NEET enteritis the earth.

Subhumans think they deserve more than they are worth.

Single mother. Typical.

*inherit

Problem is, at current pay rates, people are needing 3 weeks of pay to pay for housing. If housing is costing more than 2 weeks you have no disposable income or legitimate savings.

Management, factory, government jobs all hiring because people can't hold a job for more than two weeks. I live in North-Eastern Indiana, and everyone is hiring. If you don't have a job over $15, then you are not trying.

US Public education is garbage tier
University is pushed as the only way to have a life by parents and school systems alike
People have kids at dumb fucking ages and want the government to subsidize it.

Three major issues. Think of it this way. Lyric here (Who I might have actually seen in my time in Knoxville) could have, as much as I'm personally against it but agree with its legal availability, gotten an abortion. Or just not had sex. Or been more selective with her partner. Not forever, but until she was already in a position to support a child. You don't go start a family and suddenly try to be capable of supporting one. You set the resources in place first.

>But user, what if she had a good job and lost it, having to go to CFA to make ends meet?

If she had any sort of good qualifications and her previous place of work laid her off/closed down, she should be able to find something beyond minimum wage work easily.

I've worked minimum wage in college. It fucking sucks. The solution is to develop skills that make your time valued at more, not to beg the government to exercise even more force, raise the barrier to entry for small businesses, and devalue all the slightly-above-bottom jobs that required years of working to get to $15 an hour.

No sympathy for single mothers, honestly

>single mother
Nobody told you to get pregnant Hirambe.
Nobody told you to get your nails and hair did.
Nobody told you that you get a new car each year.
Nobody said each of your 6 kids need their own iPad for Xmas.
I could keep going, but these people keep spending on frivolous shit everytime they get money (tax return easily over $10,000), then complain next month when they can't pay rent.

>I made some bad life decisions so I want more money

No one forced those circumstances so no one should force a wage increase

All the minimum wagers I know who complain about pay bring it on themselves. The concept of living within their means is completely lost on them, wasting money on overpriced clothes and nights out so their paycheck is spent within a day, then struggling until the next week.

You can easily get by on minimum wage of you're responsible with your money.

These minimum wage jobs were never meant to be a career path.

They are going to be the nail in their own coffin when fast food goes 100% robotic.

My issue is that if they're going to pay burger flippers 15 then they're going to have to pay skilled labor like me at least $30 an hour to even keep my interest and no one is going to do that.

It wouldnt be hard for these people to get real jobs if they werent degenerates content to whine for more gibs. The problem is that more meaningful work requires a level of committment that these people cant fathom.

This. She should be asking why there are no factory jobs in her area that have a starting wage of $16/hr with no experience.

>i made poor choices in life
>now life is hard
>i am entitled to your help because of reasons
>also, i don't understand basic economics but i still get to vote on this matter

Search pharmacy picker or bank teller. They're both always hiring and above minimum wage. I was making 80k/yr doing contract work for a pharmacy. No experience or degree was required. Anyone that complains they don't make money is lazy. Lazy to find a better job, lazy to work hard. They want hand outs not money. They want to do a menial job that they can half ass. For them into 9-5 with an hour lunch and 2 15 minute breaks and as little work as possible.

Fuck that, I pay rent in two nights as a bartender in Chicago. I work 4-6 nights a week.

That's hard labor and long hours (5 am bar).

Entitled cunts.

Says the basement dweller living on his mother's dime

There's a clip out there of Joe Rogan saying something along the lines of "anyone who thinks they should have more than they're getting is an asshole," and all I can think is "that's everyone." Of course, typically the proper way to handle it is to find a better job or demand a raise.

Minimum wage jobs aren't careers meant for raising families. They're for teenagers and people without kids or dependents.

This, yes. Corruption does damage in so many ways. The non-corrupt (usually the ones who simply can't afford to pay2win) can't compete. We're kinda rotten from the top down. Its hard to trace it all back to an origin.

But I think if we had to improve one measure in the hope of fixing many others down the road, Education is tough to beat. That said, I'm not 100% confident in any one solution to better learning.

It's worth considering that corruption is part of the reason highly educated millennials find no opportunities.

It will be sad to watch how quickly US Senators quash the 9/11 invoice to the Saudis when it took them years to modestly reform our health care.

I'm always hoping millennials are being educated by reality, however brutish the lessons. Maybe the take away here is we need to minimize our exposure to anything done in DC, as it's basically a foreign entity in most of our lives

Minimum wage should be abolished

That's not true, 8 dollars an hour is 320 a week, after takes you walk away with 250. Shitty studio apartment cost 600 dollars, leaves you at 400 which is not enough for utilities/food

>muh jobs

I run a chain of stores, with 120 people that start at $9 an hour, and most of them hate me. Nice assumption.

>need 5 years experience

How about don't work at McDonalds if you have to raise a family? No, that's too obvious. Let's make it illegal to trade your labor for a value under an arbitrary amount. Want to do an easy job for a buddy at $7 an hour as a favor? Fuck you. Hipster liberal says you shouldn't be allowed because it hurts his precious feelings.

Wrong.

>Working a bar
>Hard

I interview monthly for software engineering jobs in Florida and regularly get offered $90k per year and up positions.

The trick is be educated, professional, and not a NEET.

>the gubbment has to raise pay for the mistakes i made

It is a tax on small businesses. Liberals make zero sense on this issue. A lawn care business owner who makes maybe 60k a year will have his costs skyrocket. He isn't rich in the least. Marissa Meyer, who makes tens of millions sucking at her job, doesn't pay a dime when the minimum wage is raised. Liberals complain about income inequality and then do things that mainly hurt the middle class. Large companies rarely employ minimum wage workers and they can afford to take the hit. You local gardener or food truck owner gets fucked.

Americans realizing the system they live is full of shit.

Instead of asking why and going after the roots of the problem, they ask to be bribed and pretend the system is fine like they always did.

While this is apt to point out, how shitty is our economy if these are the lectures were giving each other?

>Stick to subsistence level ambitions, peasant!

At least real peasants have the balls to tell states and kings to fuck off

Yeah, I bet serving nuggies all day is hard, now try being an EMT that gets shit pay

This is ridiculous every time i see it. Min wage in Russia is $0.7/hour and prices are higher. None of those fucking niggers would not last a week in Russia.
>opressed minorities
Simply die out, nigs.

This. Most of these minimum wage employees work at stores or restaurants owned by people who only own one or a few locations. This hit is huge to them.

Wow she just outed herself as a homophobe?

Needs to go up to where it would be if it went up the same rate as inflation. Fuck the multinationals using chinks and poos to suppress wages.

Most fast food restaurants are franchises which means they are small businesses by the way. The owner of the McDonalds isn't usually an ultra rich person. It is generally an upper middle class person who mortgaged their house for a shot at having a little better life. The minimum wage hurts small businesses and does nothing about income inequality.

Nigger, you have no fucking clue. It's not pouring shots and fun times. 10% of REAL bartending is making cocktails. And I work in a cocktail bar, not a beer and shot joint.

I sweat every night. Suck ten dicks. Are you really trying to defend lazy cunts?

Everything will inflate more and the economic assholes who run businesses and economies will doctor increases to the American tax payer and increase the prices of goods and services which will in turn will outmatch the increase to 15$. Thanks assholes for being greedy like the elites.

Maybe fast food people should get a real profession.

If $9 an hour doesn't cover your lifestyle, then find another job. A $15 an hour job will require slightly more fort to find, but I guarantee every person in this thread complaining could have one by the end of today if they quit bitching on the internet and actually try.

I say raise it.

America is the richest country in history yet it has more poverty than any other developed nation when it should have a standard of living that is orders of magnitude above everyone else in the world.

But most Americans are retards and will defend a rigged system that is dedicated to eventually giving the top 0.1% of the population 99% of the national wealth.

Even while 99.9% of Americans scrabble over the 1% of loose change that the rich deign to toss their way, they'll defend the system. They're even proud of it. It's bizarre.

Then learn a marketable skill beyond flexing your arm to flip a burger. I've known four year olds with the necessary skills to work these minimum wage jobs. I've also known many employers who offer high paying jobs to self-taught individuals because they tend to be more motivated and work harder than the hipsters fresh out of college. If the only job you can get is at McDonalds, that is your own fault. The fact that you guys would rather force your employer to pay you beyond your output rather than learn a marketable skill and earn a fair wage goes to show you fucked up and lazy this generation is. The government has become mommy and daddy, and not just to niggers. No wonder it's so taboo to talk about reducing the scope of government. You retards would starve.

Bartending is not a real job, sorry to break the news to you. It is just as intensive as the guy putting together big macs except it pays significantly more, you should be happy that you found a bartending job

This is on target too. We're not even broaching the disgusting practices of giving a future to H1Bs or illegals and pretending like American citizens who finance that future don't even exist - and then mocking those same betrayed Americans.

We're a pretty shitty people it seems. Feelsbadman.rw2

It won't really do anything, you get taxed into oblivion after a certain point.

I see where you are coming from but in his defense when most people think of hard labor they don't think bartender they think coal miner, oil rig grunt, etc

I personally wouldn't like that. I like humans making my food.

Except the minimum wage doesn't hurt the 1%, which is why they generally don't give a fuck about it. It hurts the guy who owns a hamburger joint. It hurts the guy who owns a landscaping company. It hurts the guy who has a fencing company. It does not hurt fat cat CEOs or people who own stock in Apple.

sure pal, enjoy your human made food while robo-burgers look like this and probably take a fraction of the time

>using the unemployment rate instead of the labor force participation rate

gr8 b8 m8

Maybe. Cost of living is high. Healthcare doubled or tripled for everyone who isn't an HIV+ ISIS recruit. If you live near opportunities, the ones you claim are so easy to acquire, your costs go up naturally, per higher demand (check the real estate in DC lately?)

You would be happy to have half the knowledge I do. You know nothing about what I do.

Service is something your tiny mind can't grasp.

Luckily im not in the position you are talking about, but if you dont understand that cost of living has increased multiple times compared to wages then there is no hope for you to understand

>America is the richest country in history yet it has more poverty than any other developed nation

You mean more niggers? You guys are so blissfully naive. You have no idea how much niggers skew everything. They choose to be on welfare or fuck things up for themsleves so they can't get a job, "OMG POVERTY. WE NEED TO MAKE IT ILLEGAL TO PAY THEM WHAT THEY'RE WORTH!!". They kill each other all day, every day: "OMG GUN CRIMES. BAN ALL GUNS!". It must be nice having a child's view of reality.

The entire system of American capitalism is based on incentive. If people have no incentive (re: can live comfortable working at McDs) to get a better education or job then we will cease to be the great nation we have been in the past.

You shouldn't have children if you're poor and unmarried. I don't feel sorry for grownups working fast food. If you want to earn more learn a trade or go to college. Single mothers are widely responsible for this emasculated nu-male and nonsensical feminism phenomenon.

Can't we leave them at minimum wage and just hire financial advisors for them?

Yeah when you're forcing 300 million people to buy privatized health insurance every year. I'm sure it created some jobs.

Yea very hard to turn a bottle of and count to 2

Remove it.

You're fucking retarded if you actually believe this... If anything you deserve less than minimum wage for being such an entitled, useless cunt.

I agree, and that's why the wages of the poor AND the middle classes should be raised. The middle class in America is under incredible strain already. They are far less financially secure than 40 years ago. Meanwhile, the rich have steadily and rapidly gotten richer.

I'm calling for something that Americans would call communism: wealth redistribution. But a more honest term would be wealth restoration. The rich got richer by chisling away at the poor and then, when the poor had nothing left to give, the middle class. That wealth should be restored.

When we read tales of Robin Hood, we cheer him on. This situation is no different.

I would kill to get paid 15 euros per hour

You can do better than working at KFC unless you dropped out of high school

What if I am homeless and have a bad employment history (Yes, I fucked up in life, but I can't change the past. I just want to do better this time.) Can I still get a $15/hour job?

Then you learn a skill on your spare time (which you have plenty of if you work at mcdonalds) and get a better job or move to the hood where you can flip burgers and pay nigger rent. I don't know how you could possibly think that crying to mommy government to force your employer to pay you more than you're worth is better than improving yourself. I can only assume that you're a retarded liberal with no life experience. Just lifting weights on your spare time is enough to double or triple your pay by finding a labor job, but why do that when you can get the government to force your employer to pay you more than you're worth before being laid off.

By that rationale, everyone's wages should be dramatically cut. That would further incentive hard work to make America even greater than it ever was.

but minimum wage was meant to cover the basic cost of living, never mind that it hasn't caught up since the 70's.

And plenty of minimum-wage jobs give you opportunities to move up in their companies. I could become a manager at a wendy's easy. Regional manager is harder to get but my point stands. It's not like anyone wants a job like that

It wont happen, the poor and middle class just assume its their fault for being poor and middle class and insult each other as they attempt to climb the imaginary ladder that the rich have long since removed.

Its completely laughable.

What's the labor participation rate under Obama?

If suddenly millions of people are making twice as much, what do you think happens to purchasing power and the price of goods?

Maybe these niggers should 1. Stop getting pregnant at 15 and 2. Learn a marketable skillset that isn't drug dealing.

make yourself better. take advantage of the programs set up for you to advance your position instead of hoping your fry slinging job gives you $100 an hour.

Simple enough solution.

Tax the corporations and use the money to raise everybody's income to $15. (i.e. if you earn less than $15, the government will match the missing part). Corporations get deductions by employment (i.e. they'd spend less on a $15 employee than on taxes.

This way, corporations will have to pay either way, but at least by employing someone they get a worker out of it (and it's deductible).

Start with the multinationals that like to park their money abroad (i.e. Apple), they're traitors as far as I'm concerned.

This is where roommates and family comes in.

God knows niggers have twelve brothers and sisters at a minimum. Maybe they should try sharing expenses with each other.

You sound like you know what you're talking about.

Everyone else blames blacks (who absorb an invisible amount of the national wealth) or myriad other reasons, as you said, to be found in the lower and middle classes.

How is it that you know what's going on when so many other Americans don't?

Which part of im not in this position do you not understand. I have a job that pays me enough and have a family. I also understand econmics and when housing costs 3-4 times what it did 20 years ago with starting wages for any job not increasing by anywhere near that amount there is a problem

Minimum wage is better than the zero dollars per hour they'll get when replaced by a machine.

In my experience, even fast food doesn't pay strictly minimum wage. You can easily make $10-12 if you earn it.

You can also work more than 40 hours per week.

Sounds like you made some poor decisions, and yes, it is going to be harder. Apply for janitorial positions at hospitals and government facilities, to get your foot in.

That may be true i have never worked in fast food, the problem still is cost of living in america has increased at a much higher rate than wages. Also overtime is supposed to be for trying to get ahead and not to catch up

if you are willing to work hard there are a lot of $15hr+ jobs for you

Based jew

how about recognizing it as a first time job or a gateway job and not a career then go vocational

Is 40 hours a big number or not?
In Russia it is a small number.

40 hours is a standard fulltime work week. 5-8 hour days

t. poorfag.

I wasn't born with the luxury to be raised in a white gated community with a career path all laid out by my parents like I'm sure the people of Sup Forums has.

When you start with a strong foundation moving upwards is quite easy and you assume that foundation is something everyone has and you attack those that weren't raised with it, the poor who did sacrifice everything to move up the ranks the rare kinds they are also insult the other poor for not placing in double the effort and 3 times the luck needed to create such a foundation and moving up the ranks

Essentially its all attacking the poor which does little to motivate them, when their options are grim and all view you as insignificant then you will play the role they perceive you as.

its a usual standard work week before time and a half starts.