It's a "characters whom are otherwise serious and straitlaced are forced into a silly or childish situation" episode

>it's a "characters whom are otherwise serious and straitlaced are forced into a silly or childish situation" episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GzPQAeRsBXc&feature=youtu.be&t=29
youtube.com/watch?v=cRRbYE9jRCk
youtube.com/watch?v=7y2dBhj8sOM
youtube.com/watch?v=Fuzh6RT0wx8
youtube.com/watch?v=mo_IAkl5LfQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>It's a "Bashir and O'Brien mess around in the holosuite episode"

Tells me oh dubslord, is there Bashir/O'Brien yaoi doujinshi?

Doujin? Doubtful.
Slashfic on the other hand.... Well Star Trek pretty much invented those.

>it's an "everyone's personality does a complete 180" episode

That episode would have been 10 times better if Worf had been forced to do that too.

>it's a "character is exposed to mind altering drugs" episode

Worf being forced to be jolly is great.

>it's a "day in the life of a simple tailor" episode

I AM NOT A MERRY MAN!

>Shut up, Becky

>It's a "Bashir is trying to do something but Garak keeps drawing him into incredibly complicated galactic intrigue" episode
The episode where he crashes Bashir's super-spy holosuite program is perfect.

That costume has no honor

I like that as the series goes on, you realize that Worf is just autistically Klingon and even other Klingons think he's too damn serious.

youtube.com/watch?v=GzPQAeRsBXc&feature=youtu.be&t=29

Use your diction. He's been called out numerous times for not acting Klingon enough. His brother called him out for sleeping in a human bed, tolerating replicated blood wine. Gowron was furious that Worf wouldn't kill the Duras child when that was the right thing to do and it came back to bite him.

It's pretty clear that he's picked up a lot of human habits like showing mercy.

>it's an O'Brien gets mentally tortured for years episode

True, but at other times he's the only one in a room full of Klingons that bothers to consider whether or not their actions are honourable.
It's probably a result of being brought up by humans and learning how to be Klingon from a distance. To a lot of the other Klingons they only bother with the rules when they benefit them. Gowron for example goes on and on about living honourably, but has no problem killing an opponent in a duel while Worf is trying to break it up. For native born Klingons the Klingon way is just the stream your life passes through, for Worf it's a rigid guideline he has to follow. Hell, when he breaks protocol, like when he refuses to kill Duras' son, he points out that it's in no way honourable to kill a child. When Gowron invades Cardassia, he objects not because it's morally wrong but because he feels it's a poor military decision and dishonourable to break the treaty with the Federation.

youtube.com/watch?v=cRRbYE9jRCk

>it's a Damar episode

>it's a Bashir kills Odo episode

Was Damar a good character? He started out as just a lackey and ended...merely heroic-ish. I feel like one more b-plot with him, after trying to reform, would have been enough.

>Gowron for example goes on and on about living honourably, but has no problem killing an opponent in a duel while Worf is trying to break it up.

Worf had no place interfering in a battle both sides agreed to.

>Hell, when he breaks protocol, like when he refuses to kill Duras' son, he points out that it's in no way honourable to kill a child.
Duras had no honor, the sisters had no honor, the child had no honor and has to answer for the crimes of his house.

Put Worf in a room full of Klingons and he does something human every time.

It does help out like when he put his life on the line to give Martok his fighting spirit back instead of killing him and taking his place as Captain.

Worf's views of honor have been tainted by living among humans for far too long.

Yeah he could have used a bit more development, his heroic turn kind of came from nowhere

Why was DS9 always so god damn foggy?

He was a patriotic Cardassian and watching Cardassia lose everything to the Dominion isn't enough for you?

Dukat trading Cardassia's independence to join the Dominion to put himself as the leader was a massive mistake and Damar fixed that.

Remember Bashir was a literal retard.

That's actually from a fairly mediocre rip of Under Siege I had. O'Brien was just a background band member/terrorist.

Hasn't had the Blu Ray cleanup yet.

No, I've been watching on netflix and its like that most of the time.

Well sure, before the treatments basically rebuilt his brain and killed his past self.

I fucking hate Bajorans.

Same. Fucking so many episode dedicated to their boring bullshit.
If only they had made it a more interesting planet.

What, did Space Pakistan not have enough genocide for you?

Move Along Home was a season one episode, Worf wasn't transferred to DS9 until season 4.

And again, it was season one, Next Gen had some shitty ass episodes in season one as well.

They're some of the most fleshed out aliens and their situation gave the writers a vast amount of material for storylines TNG and TOS wouldn't have been able to do.

And not to mention Major Kira being a generally awful character.
>I was a civilian servant you maimed and am out for revenge
>Fuck you, all of your race were guilty and deserved it even servants and non combatants

>Next Gen had some shitty ass episodes in season one as well.
It had forgettable season one episodes but I wouldn't say any were shitty... unless they featured Wesley.
But doesn't season one of Next Gen feature Skin of Evil, Which I'd classify as Fucking God Tier?
DS9 didn't have a single good season one episode.

GOD! I just got to the episode recently where there are colonists fighting cardassians and she assumes the colonists are in the right and in the end it turns out their acting as terrorists AND SHE NEVER APOLOGIZES! I fucking hate her.

>Skin of Evil

Is this where that one Windows XP background came from? I named my Grimer in Pokemon Sun "Armus" in reference to this episode
Also, dat goodbye wave in Symbiosis

>Kira
>ever apologizing
Pick one
She is literally a terrible person that never gets called out on her shit.

I guess I didn't mind her so much once I realized her life just embodies the idea that radical resistance leaders don't make good political leaders. Everybody who mattered on Bajor knew she was fucking unstable, so they punted her out to DS9 so the Federation could deal with her.

>DS9 didn't have a single good season one episode.
Duet is pretty damn good. youtube.com/watch?v=7y2dBhj8sOM

Kira was right. She was fighting a war. So someone who isn't the target dies. So what? He shouldn't have been working for and with the oppressors. Having Kira apologize for the fighting the Cardassians out of nowhere would have been the most contrived shit.

Naked Now
The Last Outpost
"Where No One Has Gone Before"
Lonely Among us
Justice
The Battle
Haven
Home Soil
Symbiosis
Coming of Age

As for good or at least decent DS9 season 1 episodes
A Man Alone
Dax
The Forsaken
Dramatis Personae
The Duet (One of my personal favorites for the show)
In the Hands of the Prophets

>character who is generally comedic isn't actually happy

No, she's a cunt that killed civilians just cause of their race.

And by the end of the show she's fighting side by side with Cardassians for their independence, teaching them how to fight a guerilla war. And gone from an unstable soldier to reasonable authority figure and capable leader. That's character development for you.

>Bajorian / Cardassian shit
Oh boy, its not like there are a fucking dozen episodes of the same shit every season.

It's only masterfully written, directed and acted but you know, pearls before swine.

>It's only masterfully written, directed and acted
Based on that clip and the fact that I don't even recall the episode when I only started watching the show last month, I highly fucking doubt its any of those things.

All the Maquis episodes were at least as good if not better, and you know it.

Damn Sup Forums, I didn't know you liked Star Trek outside of sexy cat aliens.

Look at this poser calling something shit he hasn't even seen.

>It's a Ferengi episode

>it's a "knock out an omnipotent being in a boxing match" episode

If it was a season one episode, I saw it and it was forgettable garbage.

Any Quark episode is a good episode.

So I ran into a faggot the other day that said DS9 was better than TNG. What could cause a faggot to get such a bad opinion?

He didn't knock him out.

Bajoran women are the best women.

>Any Quark episode is a good episode.
Quark and Odo saved the show.

I liked em for Dukat, but the Maquis villains outside of Eddington were really, really bad. They go so far as to make them seem like reasonable, nice people that they make stopping them not all that interesting to see.

Good taste.

Sheer stupidity is the only explanation I can think of.

>you will never make as much latnium as Quark

Agreed.
I like to imagine the reason Worf joins the cast is that they realized Sisko's "actor" wasn't improving at all. Christ, I hate Sisko...

Maybe you should actually watch episodes instead of leaving them on as background noise. Or is your attention span so short that you can't remember any of what you watch?

>you will never lose as much latnium as Quark

But that's just WORTHLESS GOLD!

I remember the episode where we learn about Garak's past, I remember the episode where someone tries to steal Dax' parasite, I remember the first episode where Sisko converses with entities that don't exist in linear time, I remember plenty of episodes. What I don't remember are the episodes that revolve around boring Bajor vs Cardassia politics because they're all the same boring shit.

It is a sad thing. At least I somehow got that stupid latinum-plated ship in STO without being a whale. God that game's writing took a dive over the years.

Avery Brooks, a theater actor who teaches drama isn't good. Oh boy.

No, Worf was added onto show because of Bashir. Audiences HATED Bashir in the early seasons because the writers made him into an obnoxious piece of shit early on for him to mature later. Audiences couldn't foresee that and the fan backlash made Paramount seriously consider killing the character off.

Worf was there to boost ratings and the writers were determined to explore a new aspect of him so they pushed him to command.

Anons, is there any chance in hell that next year's new series is going to be good? Or should I already pretend it doesn't exist?

>Avery Brooks, a theater actor who teaches drama isn't good. Oh boy.
If that's who played Sisko then he shouldn't be teaching acting to anybody.
He has the emotional spectrum of a plank of wood.
Here are all the moods that he can portray:
Serious
Not Serious

WOW, what a list.

Do we not even pretend to not be Sup Forums anymore?

Congratulations. You remember 3 episodes. You don't have the attention span for this show.

No, it will not be good.
I am almost certain of it.

Have you watched other 90's action adventure and sci-fi shows, they all look like that when they use more mobile cameras. Watch x-files' earlier seasons and pay attention to scenes that are filmed outdoors or they went for more dynamic shots. Same thing happens. Was just the quality of the smaller cameras at the time.

Also it serves as something of a subtle reminder that DS9 is grittier then the other Star Trek series. The film is imperfect the same way the station is imperfect. So it was probably intentionally done for the show.

Considering most of the writing staff has already been replaced, and they still haven't finished shooting the pilot, what do you think?

There's even a good /trek/ thread up on Sup Forums right now.

This honestly has no reason to be on Sup Forums.

What the fuck did you expect me to do, faggot, list every single one?
Suck a fucking cock.

>yfw best Ferengi is not a Ferengi

youtube.com/watch?v=Fuzh6RT0wx8

youtube.com/watch?v=mo_IAkl5LfQ

You're just wrong, man.

>going to Sup Forums
>ever

That doesn't look or sound anything like the Sisko of seasons one and two.
Season one and two Sisko might as well be a gorilla in people clothes.

But Sup Forums IS Sup Forums.

Citation: This thread.

>Sup Forums
>star trek comics don't belong on Sup Forums

Sup Forums is cancer.
Sup Forums has to prerogative to discuss anything that ever had a comic or cartoon adaption. Which covers Trek.

This thread isn't about Star Trek comics. This thread is about live action Star Trek. Why pretend otherwise?

Had a cartoon and comics. It's as Sup Forums as Marvel or DC movies.

I'd expect you to not act like you're 12 but that ain't going to happen now is it? Star Trek's too boring for you because you can't follow it.

>it's a 'Bashir sticks his suave british dick in everything that moves' episode

>basically every episode

Sup Forums is cancer.

Look, we're in an off-topic thread right now. That wouldn't happen if we weren't cancer.

>I think Sup Forums is shit
>so I'll drag its bullshit here and pollute the board with it inviting more Sup Forumstards to shit up this board further
Kill yourself.

That's because the only thing Worf has as an education about klingon sense of honor are childrens bedtime stories. It's like some human, growing up on Qo'noS with only the bible and other assorted religious texts as reference for normal human behaviour.
Worf was exposed to exaggerated honorable behaviour, took it at face value and thinks everyone is supposed to act this way all the time.

You're a b8ing faggot and I'm done feeding you.
Kill yourself

But all the posts are about the live action series and not about the comics or cartoons.

This thread is as Sup Forums as a /trek/ general.

Fuck, Nog and Rom were great. I loved how they slowly developed Rom from the bumbling brother into a guy who was incredibly intelligent and skilled, but simply couldn't succeed in Ferengi society.
I also loved the running gag that apparently he was irresistible to women.

>Sup Forums is cancer
>let me make a Sup Forums thread on Sup Forums and metastasize that cancer
Shove a rusty nail up your dick