Shit stain ensign refers to the first officer as "Number One"

>Shit stain ensign refers to the first officer as "Number One".
Do these fucking hack writers even watch trek?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmWLaFQNwVE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How are none of you fags triggered by this?

Explain why I should care? Trek fan here.

"Number one" is a term of endearment Picard used for Riker, not some standard throughout Starfleet and certainly not something an ensign calls the first officer. It would be like every dickweed calling the chief of security "constable" because that's what Sisko called Odo.

These writers just figured
>lol picard called riker number one and normies know it through pop culture so now everybody will call every first officer number one

I'm not desperately looking for nitpicky reasons to dislike the show.

She was talking to Michael

He was the ensign

I honestly couldn't care less.

This shitshow is in another universe and everyone alive knows it's an abortion.

I like it so far.

sooo... what if they're using it in Discovery as a term of endearment? You didn't consider that did you faggot?

>This shitshow is in another universe
Wasn't a problem for TNG and ENT.

neither am I. I was watching with an open mind because I was excited about the possibility of a good trek series. then I hear shit like this and realize its garbage written by hacks to appeal to people who know fuck all about trek beyond what they heard about in family guy references. I'm guessing you like when the beastie boys come on too.

They're using it as pandering you stupid faggot.

That's because you have low standards.

>They just call the docter in STD 'Bones' as a term of endearment. I bet you didn't thing of that, faggot. Oh, and the enineer is 'Scotty', because that's just a term of endearment for chief engineers.

I've seen all of Star Trek minus a couple of JJs and the animated series. I think they're the most entertaining first episodes of any series so far minus ENT. I've never much enjoyed the beastie boys but wouldn't judge someone negatively for liking them, that would be silly and very arbitrary.

Being this asspained. You can enjoy Star Trek and still open a window user.

This dumb complaint warranted a whole thread?

it's shit writing by people who are not familiar with ST and who don't even have the slightest familiarity with military customs and courtesies, and it's only going to get worse

I'm taking it, and similiar complaints, as a sign that the show actually wasn't bad, just neckbeard autists that go nuts over details no sane person cares about,

>HOLOGRAMS WEREN'T EVEN INVENTED YET THE TIMELINE IS WRONG THIS SHOW SUCKS

my favourite so far.

Is this show worth watching?

>not liking the beastie boys
youtube.com/watch?v=AmWLaFQNwVE
>is that classical music
lawl

DAS RITE
I think the biggest issue that some trek fans have is that they want to show to be like the show in the 90s and its not
half of these people are such typical stupid Star Trek fans. Grow up.
It's great to hear opinions from such a diverse and objective cross-section of men. Yeah... Thanks, guys.

why are you so upset?

I'm not in the Navy and I don't know exactly how shit works but I assume everyone on the ship is not suppose to refer to their commanding officer with a nickname.
Shouldn't they address her as Commander (I forget her stupid name pretend its here)?

nope.

I didn't even watch part II.

Both those shows are in the main universe.

lol you're so fucking bad at this

I had hope for it. Wanted to like, no, check that, wanted to love it, but it's so fucking bad. The writing is bad, the story is bad, and the acting is alright (the writing brings down the acting sadly).

Pike called his first officer Number One too, Majel Barrett is even credited as "Number One," instead of her character's actual name. It's not just a Picard/Riker thing.

wow, so you fucking nazi bigots think someone deserves more respect because of their merit and rank? We're all equal. Equality and diversity is what Star Trek has always been about. Go watch Triumph des Willens instead if you can't handle Star Trek.

I can see you don't watch trek either, because Pike called his XO Number One.

you're trying too hard.

Also, in the TNG episode "Peak Performance," when Data in promoted to First Officer Picard refers to him as Number One. It's a commonly used nickname in universe for the first officer of a ship just like in real life a a ship captain is also sometimes called "Skipper."

Not right now, but the same was true for most other Trek shows that got good several seasons in. Now we hope they don't cancel it as it's establishing itself, like ENT.