Why was Batman so opposed to taking the Yellow Ring?

Why was Batman so opposed to taking the Yellow Ring?

At the time, he didn't even know what it was? So why did he hate it so much?

because he likes to wear black, not yellow

Look at all the other people who were using the yellow ring lol

Batman at anytime could use any number of super powered weaponry to supplement his already amazing skills; but if he did, it would violate the status quo, and we can't have that.
I mean, really; legion flight ring, any of the Lantern rings, incapacitating energy weapons, strength and endurance suits, nanite enhancements, super solder serums; he could easily get his hands on any of this shit at any time. But then the writer would throw in some debuf; technology hack; weapon incapacitater bullshit that would only work for whatever kickass new toy Bats gets his hands on, and he'd promptly disregard the thing and never use it again; probably with some speech about how gadgets make him weak or something, as if there weren't also a million ways to shut down a human being just as easily.

Because Batman knows that someone like Batman should have limitations put on him. He knows he's the most dangerous human being alive, giving him powers - let alone Yellow Ring powers? It makes him too dangerous to keep in check, which is everything he's about.

Him having super powers invalidates his whole psyche, which is a man who's worked his ass off to attain power. He's earned it the hard way, through great loss, and great effort. Because of that process he's able to reconcile a part of his humanity.

Take that away by giving him powers and you get the Mobius Chair all over again - a detached man with no limits and no rules. Which should scare the crap out of Bruce Wayne.

>Earned it the hard way
>Inheriting literal tons of cash is earning things the hard way

Batman likes to be flexible, power rings have known weaknesses. When your skill set is mystery ninja skills you cant have giant glowing fuckboy powers. He may crutch on that stuff infrequently but he cant need it. Shit didnt batman retire in batman beyond because he was needing his tech instead of his own abilitys?

>Spending years abroad studying martial arts, psychology, criminology, engineering, linguistics, sociology, chemistry, medicine and god knows what else is easy when you have money

Nah m8, Bruce may have been fortunate enough to inherit the means to FUND his efforts, but he still put in some damn hard yards. He didn't buy a peak condition body. He made one. And he worked hard as hell to become the man he is by the time he dons the cowl and scowl.

To say 'Batman had it easy' is to say 'I don't understand Batman.'

>have a shitload of money
>not becoming a lazy asshole

its pretty hard to do things when you have all your needs covered and can buy whatever you want

But he didn't have all his needs covered. He didn't have JUSTICE or VENGEANCE

Batman doesn't want to live in fear which is why he became Batman, however it was his origin as a superhero so its an intrinsic part of him.

Because the ring is too bright it would kill his goth role play attire. Also the greens have bosses with issues. Batman is too rich and too stubborn to listen to Smirfs.

And this is why there is only one good Batman
This dude used all kinds of crazy super-tech some of which was implanted in his body, dude flew around, mind read people, new some 5th dimensional martial art shit was crazy

Oh and then there's Batsman, but I don't even know what the fuck is going on there

To answer you OP, the main reason Bruce refused the Yellow Ring is because he didn't understand it, and thus couldn't assess his ability to control it.

Back then, Yellow Ring were unknown of even the GL Corps, as Sinestro was slowly building his own Corps. So Bruce couldn't have heard of it.
As we know, one of Bats' main characteristic is his obsession with controlling everything. His body, mind, city, etc. Letting an unknown alien device take control of his body is then definitely out of the equation. That's why he automatically refused its ownership and fought it with all his might.

All the other anons talking about "Batman not wanting ultra-tech to undermine his abilities" are somewhat right (since it has been explained multiple times that Bruce doesn't want to wear special suits he designed because the one we know is the only one enabling his ability to "understand" the city and blend into it), but that comes in second of his obsession of control.

The Yellow ring rejected batman because he wore Hal's ring in a previous issue and it identified he had some will residue.

Yellow looks better on Superman.

magic floaty ring grabs onto your finger fills you with fear power and you DONT freak out and try and take it off?

Ya know I love the big shared universe stuff, but as time goes on I find myself drawn more and more to Elseworlds and What-If's where shit like that can happen and stick around for more than an issue or a short five part arc

>Shit didnt batman retire in batman beyond because he was needing his tech instead of his own abilitys?

In the cartoon he retired because at one point he needed to use a gun to hold up a normal crook. I want to say the reason why he needed to use a gun to do that was he had a heart attack but I am unsure.

Heart attack in the field yeah