Why does Sup Forums suddenly hate MCU Iron Man?

Why does Sup Forums suddenly hate MCU Iron Man?

>muh RDJ hogging all the screentime

Crossover's are the new thing buddy. He's Marvel's biggest crowd drawer and if you think his role in Homecoming will be any bigger than Spider-Man's role in CW, you're mistaken.

>suddenly
I don't know how anyone who watches movies in MCU doesn't hate him. He's a self centered cunt

Both the actor and the character are wealthy as fuck and he doesn't have brain problems like Bruce Wayne.
People basically get pissed at wealthy really easy.

Because Sup Forums are gay for Steve

>He's a self centered cunt
Right cause Steve going full mutiny for his boy toy is so much more selfless.

He's his friend, user.

I actually like him in homecoming, i think hero team ups in their own movie is great, it shows that they are part of a wider universe, and that their fellow avengers live in that same universe, fighting side by side isnt limited to one-time movies but in day to day events. it also reinforces that they are friends, if all their interactions are limited to avenger movies, it becomes harder to show that they are close

anyways, people used to complain that the avengers assembled to fight hydra somewhere in east europe, but not to fight aliens in the UK, or hydra in DC

Casuals like him

Cap did nothing wrong faggot

>Crossover's are the new thing buddy.

Yeah, and they're shit. The second Avenger's movie wasn't even that great. Doctor Strange worked so well this year in great part to its fucking refusal to be directly influenced by the rest of the MCU. People don't hate RDJ, or Iron Man, they just hate Iron Man in Spider-man.

You're fucking delusional if you think Iron Man mentoring Spider-man is good or something his fans are going to be okay with. They're literally rubbing the MCU's mascot all over him like a bar of soap to try to cleanse the franchise of what makes the character work so it can fit in the weightless world of quips that is the MCU.

FUCK this.

Honestly, it's the rabid RDJ fanboys/fangirls that make it all insufferable.

I thought we were friends

I like Tony but he keeps fucking up. And as much as the Russos try to pretend there's two equal sides in Civil War, it's obvious to anyone that it's Cap's movie so Cap gets to be right.

...Who killed Tony's parents.

Yeah, this for me. Civil War pretty much drew the point home about how Tony is just a terrible hero all around.

I haven't seen the movie yet of course but I doubt Peter's portrayal in the MCU is all that much affected by Iron Man's presence. In fact I think it's a good way of introducing the character. They skipped the origin. Imagine how they would set up Peter in the movie, except for a bully/crush on a girl scene. AGAIN.

I mean, they're gonna do that anyway, but that's why I think adding Tony adds a new dimension.

He was my first friend!
He was possessed.

it gives him someone with a shared experience to talk to, this is important, since otherwise none of his dialogue as peter can directly relate to being spider man

also, i have dreamed of team up movies since i was a kid, and now that we have them, i dont think i want to let go

>DUDE I GOT AN IDEA LOL QUIP
>OOPS IT BACKFIRED HORRIBLY
>GUESS I BETTER CALL STEVE MEAN NAMES LOL QUIP QUIP QUIP

He did everything wrong

Go home Tony

So it's basically Steve fanboys and landwhales being asshurt? Thought so.

Overexposure, he's basically MCU's batman.

I know this character prints money, but give us some breather.

Because he has created more problems than fixed, even though he's a hero.

I'm a Capfag and I don't care much about Iron Man, but I quite liked his dynamic with Peter in CW and I don't mind him being in the movie. He'll probably have about 20 minutes of screentime anyway, like how Spider-Man had in CW.

Also, what's the point in having Spider-Man in the MCU if he doesn't interact with other heroes? Of course Sony wouldn't pass up the chance to use the shared universe aspect in his solo movie.

Aren't solo movies supposed to be about the title character, with maybe a supporting character or two? I don't see Captain America butting in on the Iron Man movies.

Difference is people actually like Batman

I can see how Iron Man as a mentor can work. Reed Richards played a similar role in the comics; they don't have him, so they're using the nearest thing they can.

However, I will say that he shouldn't be a main character, which is what I am worried about here. Stark seems to be taking a main cast role, rather than appearing for maybe 10 minutes of screen time, which does worry me.

ASM is still too fucking recent, casuals get confused about constant reboots, Iron Man is there to make sure everyone's understands Spiderman is part of the MCU now.

>Why does Sup Forums suddenly hate *anything* that's popular
Sup Forumsntrarianism aka "Muh Seekrit Klub!"

>had 5 solo spiderman movies so far, acting lke this NEEDS to be solo
Who the fuck cares

Plus Peter's a smart kid. It could give Tony someone to talk tech without having to explain why Bruce isn't on the run this week.

I was talking about Civil War, but even then Spiderman hasn't had an MCU solo flick yet so that point is moot.

Then again, MCU fanboys' greatest argument is "who cares?" I don't think I've seen any other argument out of them.

>Aren't solo movies supposed to be about the title character
U wot, m8?

I will always hate any and every iteration of Iron Man.

what can they possibly tell us about spiderman that we haven't already seen, manchild? Including ironman is an intelligent way to shake things up. Fuck off.

Which is exactly what stark is.

DC is aware enough of turning Batman into a joke in team-ups. He's there to make the other characters look cool.

Isn't it?

1. It's a Spider-Man movie
2. Being self-made is a big part of his backstory
3. RDJ is the most popular in the MCU and Sup Forums and Sup Forums in general must never agree with normies on anything

Stop shoving muh into every sentence, you sperg.

>Solo Batman
>Brooding and psychological action drama.
Dark knight trilogy succeded
>Team up Batman
>Batgod is always right, doesn't matter if JL doesn't agree with him.
BvS failed
>Solo Spiderman
>Coming of age underdog story
Sam raimi's trilogy succeded
>Team up Spiderman
>Kid that has potential and someday is gonna be the best superhero
Still don't know, the trailer seems like it's going in the right direction

Peter was always a loner and never had anyone mentoring him on how to be a hero. He actually mentored teenage/newbie heroes but the MCU will force him to be the eternal awkward inexperienced hero. What a disgrace for one of the company's flagship characters.

>implying people don't like Iron Man
I know Sup Forums doesn't go outside, but seriously.

people on Sup Forums have an elitist complex and want to feel superior to casual fans by not liking what they like, and believe that if they say "iron man is bad" enough times, it will come true

This. I heard a parent explaining Black Sabbath to his son with "that band Iron Man likes"

I personally don't like Iron Man, but acting like the general audience doesn't care about him is just advanced delusion.

Then again, Sup Forums is full of delusional people.

I still like RDJ Iron Man, flaws and all. He's a fun character to watch as he crashes and burns but you feel sorry for him since he actually means well even with all his fuckups.

I was worried about him "mentoring" Peter but watching the trailer it seems more like he's treated as a pseudo-guardian that misunderstands Peter's potential, his influence being a shell that Peter needs to break out of which I think actually works.

Because Iron Man is a self-centered smartass trying to be witty but comes off as more self-obsessed and unfunny than an actual entitled college student, a mindset he's never really stepped out of, it seems.
And his titanic buffer of money makes sure that he never faces actual punishment for those times when he does things like put the entire world in peril by making a malevolent AI that could turn anything that ran C into a weapon.

It happened during Avengers 2 where he was the cause of all the problems and even though he managed to come up with a solution, it required him doing the exact same thing that started the whole mess and hiding it from everyone else. And he got away with it with no comeuppance for it.

Then Civil War does the same thing that the comic did and turned Tony into a hypocritical double crosser. Those accords weren't because of the other Avengers, they were because of Tony. Then he let's Zemo escape so he can try to have his revenge. BP was there to stop Zemo from killing himself.

He was brainwashed, dingus.

By your logic Tony should be rotting in a cell serving multiple life sentences for all the people Ultron murdered.

THIS

Yeah that's what I was referring to. Iron Man invading solo movies is a mistake.

>Batgod is always right, doesn't matter if JL doesn't agree with him.
>BvS failed
But Batman was wrong here, so by that logic making him the infallible Batgod would have been better?

This board is full of nu-males so they hate a self made guy like Iron Man

I don't hate him, I like him, Iron Man is often fun. I do like the MCU for its fluff and am a marvel fanboy.

However. Iron Man being the center piece is tiring. Hearing RDJ wanted Avengers 1 to essentially be IM3 featuring Avengers is disheartening. AoU was too IM heavy. CW was well done but again, Id have trimmed IM down more. I have no problem with him showing up and SHARING screening time, but stealing it is upsetting. Id love to see other characters cross over and cameo. IM seems to be the only one that has a contract for it. Everyone else is signed to their movies or avengers and thats it.

So.... hopefully its yet again IM being first and eventually future movies will have more crossover and cameo type situations.

RDJ is popular. People all over the place love him and his turn as Tony. This means the Sup Forumsntrarians gotta piss their pants about the normies.

All some of these sad fucks have is their precious nerd identity. They protect it even though very few people give a shit that they're even around.

>suddenly
>that entire OP

I struggle to remember Sup Forums being good with the amount of shitpost we have these days, but mcu threads do bring the cream of the top from the retard selection out of the woodwork. I'll give you a you, but I'm not happy about it.

It's the first Marvel Studios produced Spider-Man movie, I was hoping they'd put out a better trailer than "Tony Stark presents: Spider-Man". Then again that was a stupid thought since that's precisely what I should've expected

>be Capfag
>excited for the final movie of my favorite character
>instead of getting a proper Cap solo, I have to put up with an extended Spider-Man: Homecoming™ 20 minute trailer in the middle of the movie
>Spiderfags all around the world rejoice and masturbate over his forced inclusion
>one year later, the Spider-Man movie gets an extended Iron Man cameo
>Spiderfags all around the world whine and lose their shit because "n-not muh 6th solo movie! it's not fair!"
Feels good.

Pre-Civil War:

>why won't they do more crossovers! All these single movies suck!

We get more crossovers.

>I FUCKING HATE CROSSOVERS!!!!

Lighten up and stop moaning about goddamn kids movies.

Now, imagine how much cancer you would have to see, if Wolverine was part of MCU

I don't see why he has to be a one to one mentor for the kid. I had no problem with him checking in on him for a quick cameo, but I don't want Iron Man flying around and fighting the Vulture.

I think there should be crossover stories and solo hero stories. Even though it is a universe, let Peter be on his own for this film. But this is a trailer so for all we know, Iron Man could barely be in it.

I love him
He's great

We are really better off with the X-men not being a part of the MCU.

RDJ showing up for the crossover is per the MCU standard (unfortunately), and that's mostly whatever, but Iron Man shouldn't be in his armor in the movie at all.

I know that, you know that. Now, tell it to mcucks

I really like MCU Iron Man. I don't know what the fuck you guys are on about.

Same reason I hate Batman and Lisa Simpson. Overexposure is annoying.

>Iron Man
>Iron Man 2
>Iron Man:The Avengers
>Iron Man 3
>Iron Man 4: Ultron
>Iron Man 5: Civil War
>Iron Man 6: Spider-Man

>the amount of manlet cocksucking in this thread

Sup Forums is incapable of loving anything forever, especially if those things have a tendency to stick around. Anything that seems to be positively received at first is eventually going to be torn to shreds, with Sup Forums asking why they ever liked it to begin with. The exceptions seem to be comics and shows that were short lived, like Transmetropolitan and Sym-Bionic Titan, but even they're fair game lately.

So I guess what I'm saying is Power Ranger Goblin was right.

>They found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more than a hero is to see a hero fail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you.

He should definitely be held accountable for creating him, though Wanda is the real culprit.

I say this as an MCUfag, I genuinely don't get how people liked Doctor Strange.

Probably because both his sequels sucked, with his third being one of the worst superhero movies ever made.

You're on Sup Forums, it's basically obligatory to hate anything that's popular among normalfags.

Now if there's one thing I'll love forever, it's Stormin' Norman.

>IM 2
>Avengers
>IM 3
>Avengers 2

Any MCU movie that RDJ has starred in has been either mediocre or straight up terrible past his first IM movie
and his ridiculous amount of screentime in Cap 3 was barely made bearable by the Russo's fresh characterization
his quippy presence is cancer

Its better than most of the MCU tho

>complains about Iron Man screentime in a fucking Civil War adaptation

>villain is literally named Willem da Foe

Sounds like ghetto speak as well. 0/10

>complains about Iron Man screentime in a fucking Captain America movie

i like that Sup Forums thinks he'll have more than 3 scenes.

>that horrible cgi
I'm going to puke

This so much.

The same people who were delighted by Spidey in Civil War, don't want other characters being shoehorned into Homecoming even though they loved Spidey being shoehorned into Civil War, which was supposed to be a Captain America movie. Likewise some people have said Black Panther should not have Cap in it even though BP was in alot of Cap's movie.

I mean, was Aunt May really necessary to the plot of Civil War? She should have been introduced in Homecoming.

I for one welcome our new crossover overlords.
Thor Ragnarok has really great potential with its cast.

>>I mean, was Aunt May really necessary to the plot of Civil War? She should have been introduced in Homecoming.

She has four seconds of screentime and is used as leverage by Tony.

I like him, too. The whole point is he is a flawed person with good intent.

Hopefully more like the classic Marvel Two-in-ones than the cancerous Bend is events.

>The exceptions seem to be comics and shows that were short lived, like Transmetropolitan

Transmetropolitan was not short-lived in the slightest. It's over five times as long as the average Ellis project.

I had no problem with CW being Tony-heavy since he was the primary antagonist.

i hate spiderman in CW since the movie was released
i hate iron man being in homecoming since it was announced

>Why does Sup Forums suddenly hate MCU Iron Man?
Because we hated comic Iron Man before and Tony RDJ Stark is even easier to hate.

>He's marvel biggest crowd drawer
Nope, that's Spider-man.

>We could have Daredevil and Spider-Man like in the original comics
>Instead we get RDJ