I recently stumbled across this cartoon, which roughly translates to Rainbow Cat and Blue Rabbit...

I recently stumbled across this cartoon, which roughly translates to Rainbow Cat and Blue Rabbit. It actually has seven-or-eight different animated programs, some of which are super serious and have a lot of deep themes, while others are entirely comedic. Yet I've never heard about it before and it doesn't seem like many people knew about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QygYITSWEtA
youtube.com/watch?v=1_2ewNd7gbU
danwei.org/tv/cartoon_violence_raises_hackle.php
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLObpOEBMnPJ0Wkon1rqsW-7TqpjyMPuLc
tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=虹猫蓝兔&ie=utf-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The serious cartoon has things like this, with a character being whipped to the point of bleeding as part of a ruse to uncover a conspiracy. They healed her of her wounds right after.

But then you go to the comedy show and see the same character... being kept awake by loud drumming. It really is an Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog vs. Sonic SatAM scenario.

The cartoon is Chinese. It must be immensely popular over there to have so many different shows.

The fuck?

It's pretty hardcore. Poor girl suffers more than Kitty Katswell. She gets drugged repeatedly for a few dozen episodes and beaten repeatedly - waterboarded in this one - and when she does finally come out of it her mind is still broken to the point where she tries to kill herself twice. And this was a children's cartoon.

The flute allows her actions to be controlled directly, but the drugs make her the Winter Soldier, practically. Even when she's initially cured, she's still hard-coded into wanting to attack her friend.

Her mind control at this point is still making her want to attack her friend, at least I believe. Hard to follow what is going on. But she tries to throw herself off of a cliff to die.

Second suicide attempt. She stops short of shoving an icicle through her chest and gains a new resolve to live.

Don't mind the animation error. This sequence of episodes, she doesn't have her tail. They fucked up there.

Reminds me a lot of Happy Tree Friends and Tiny Toons.

Oh and this is why nobody likes asians/japan/china. Full of awkward, vile disgusting beings who can't understand comedy and can't understand subtlety.

Despite Looney Tunes being mean-spirited and initially aimed at adults watching it in theaters between the movies, they never went overboard with the violence and vulgar garbage, they always knew how to mask it with charm, being funny and not going too much into obnoxious violence territory.

Something an autistically-bred, one-minded mongoloid hellspawn could not possibly be capable of. Indians, asians and africans are not humans, they have none of the qualities of a human being.

The problem you keep seeing with indians and chinese are their dramatic teenager garbage, something africans don't have.

I dont think it is for children. I think it is chinese happy tree friend.

China did ban it for a few weeks before it resumed airing. It was the subject of a small controversy.

This was the first time she was drugged. She was force-fed pills for a large number of episodes. Felt bad for her.

That's why she tried very hard to kill the woman who did it to her, but was stopped by her so-called friend.

>Oh and this is why nobody likes asians/japan/
> nobody likes asians/japan/
user...

That is odd. Who make those anyway.

Watching the comedy series after seeing all of these depressing webms is jarring.

youtube.com/watch?v=QygYITSWEtA

i wish i learnt chinese instead of japanese

>thinking weeaboos are people

the fuck? liposuction?

It's one of the comedy episodes about weight loss.

>thinks nobody likes Japan but weeaboos
Being this out of touch with reality can't be healthy.

get out of my country you piece of anime shit

>this
>comedy
yeah... fuck this

I couldn't webm the entire episode. He gets what's coming to him and there are some funny parts.

youtube.com/watch?v=1_2ewNd7gbU

Generally speaking, it's the monkey's job to be an asshole in the comedy series. I do prefer the serious ones more, however.

Amateur animation, but with a lot of heart.

Without subs it's not going anywhere though.

What the fug china

>autistically-bred, one-minded mongoloid hellspawn

Why are describing yourself, user?

So apparently there was some discussion about the level of violence in the show amongst Chinese parents.

danwei.org/tv/cartoon_violence_raises_hackle.php

Self-sacrifice is a big theme in the show. Characters jumping in the way of arrows, or literally getting killed to save others. Article mentions Blue Rabbit slitting her wrists in one episode. Haven't come across it yet, but it might have been season one.

The girl that got mind raped all season did manage to get revenge at the end, when she showed up in time to save the day. The villain girl did still kill something, it seems, and its death brought life back to the land? It's difficult to follow. But I'm just glad she stabbed that bitch.

Why is it always the cute skunk?

She had a hard life in this show. Again, ignore the error. Pretend her tail is still there.

>literal Chinese cartoon \
it's Sup Forums related but still i just gotta point that out

this is like Squirrel and Hedgehog meet Freedom Planet

And that is a beautiful thing.

>I've seen enough Hentai

I thought she was a squirrel?
Does she even use her skunk attack.

This is incredibly disturbing.

That's what makes it so great.

I don't get why they couldn't have pretended to torture the poor girl. Her mind was still broken at that point. She likely had no real idea what was going on. They save her from being killed because they don't want to hurt her, but they whip her and beat her to make it convincing.

The really creepy part is that this is all done by cutesy anthro characters without the over the top gorish humor of HTF.

There's a lot of things that I don't get. I don't get why they didn't just attack/kill/arrest the villain when they knew she was guilty. Maybe they didn't know. But she played them like a damn fiddle for 20+ episodes and it's only around now that they seem to begin to suspect her.

When she doesn't buy into their torture, she goes in there and kills the girl herself. But the water she fell in was magical and that keeps her alive. The two main characters are very capable healers.

Is this alcohol? She gets thrown into a dungeon with a bear and drinks the stuff. It sure looks like it. Then, over the next few episodes, she's looking for more of the stuff and constantly drinking it.

Okay, does she eventually kill the mind controlling bitch?

And where can I watch this?

The main show has several seasons. I honestly haven't looked through season one too much. I've been a bit overwhelmed by the magnitude of content. Here's a playlist for season two, which is the one where she gets mind-controlled. She first shows up in episode 14 and is used as a slave until somewhere in the late 20s or early 30s. She doesn't get fully cured until way late in the season.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLObpOEBMnPJ0Wkon1rqsW-7TqpjyMPuLc

I don't suppose anybody's working on translating it?

I doubt it. That season came out in 2007. I believe the most recent season of the non-comedy show came out in 2011, and it apparently ended on a cliffhanger.

Do you speak Mandarin, or whatever language it's in?

Damn, China is hardcore.

I wish, friend. I just stumbled across this. At first, I thought it was just a weird martial arts cartoon, but then I saw the heavy dramatic themes. Looked into it further and did as much research as I could.

It's possible to piece together a lot of the plot with context clues, but I could always be wrong. But I've been doing nothing but watching this stuff for two days.

are you the Sup Forums version of Mr Enter?

Slicing off heads in a cartoon for kids. Only in Asia.

this is pretty interesting. Do you have the name of the serie(s) in chinese?

The specific season is 虹猫蓝兔七侠传. The basic name of the franchise is 虹猫蓝兔.

The girl that I've been posting a ton of is names 莎丽, which translates to Sally. People even tagged her as Sally on Weibo, which is the largest micro-blogging site in China.

Manhua anime was a mistake.

I missed the boat on the merch. I might have actually bought some of this stuff. All you can find online anymore are the books, which may be comic books from what I've seen.

Sally is your new waifu, isn't she?

I feel for her, man. Getting force-fed pills and made to attack her friends. Trying to kill herself twice. She gets beat up more than Kitty Katswell and is more psychologically damaged than Katia Managan. I can't help but want to protect her.

Even if she regains her sanity fully and is a badass warrior. C'est la vie.

Nobody will be able to read it without Google translate, but this is a fanfic forum for the show. The Chinese still are fond of the franchise and it's had a lot of posts in the past week alone. They also have a gallery for cosplay and screenshots and things like that.

tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=虹猫蓝兔&ie=utf-8

According to a Chinese wikia, these are the stats listed here. Not sure where the studio got these stats from, or what they were for.

Strength: 86
Skills: 88
Agility: 84
Defense: 89

In order to make herself look like the hero, she brainwashed Sally into attacking the rabbit, so that she could defend her. It was a very big con on her part, to gain their trust, and it worked like a charm.

It looks like something but I can't put my finger on it......

China is going to have some very weird fetishes in the future

Maybe she'll become Sup Forums's FotM and someone will translate it.

she like Fifi la Fumes Chinese cousin

Show got a theatrical movie in 2010. Many of the characters, sadly, are relegated to roles that seem little more than cameos. It's called 虹猫蓝兔火凤凰 in Chinese.

It mainly focuses on new characters.

the Koreans understand slapstick

I suppose it was conventional wisdom, but Sally is in season one as well. I probably should have started with season one, but it is what it is. It's older, but it's still just as strange and bizarre as the second season.

I can see why they gave her such a big role in season two. In season one, she was largely absent. She sacrificed herself to save her friends and got trapped in a bubble in episode nine. She didn't get out until episode 74, which was five episodes before the season ended.

Honestly think she had more screentime in the comedy series than she did all of season one.

>waterboarded in this one
Maybe you're talking about a different scene from that clip, but that's not what waterboarding is.

This show looks really dang interesting. I love stories that have a weird blend of whimsy & melancholy, as well as cute characters in dark situations. (Like "The Mouse and his Child" for instance.)

The art style is a bit hard for me to get into, but looking at the youtube links, I enjoy it much more when I can hear the voicework. I'll probably look into it a bit more.
Thanks a ton for sharing it!

Stop being so damn technical. Yes, there's no cloth being used, but it's still pretty fucking brutal. Or do you think she was out for an afternoon stroll? I'm sure neither feels good.

Well shit.

any lewds yet?

has lonebluewolf fixed his tablet?

>autistically-bred, one-minded mongoloid hellspawn
>Indians, asians and africans are not humans
is he our guy?