Whomp! Thread

I'm a simple man, Agrias. All I need is someone to sad bad things about me while they play video games. It gives me something to think about as I drift off to sleep each night, my thoughts muffling the light crying sounds my mouth is always making in the dark silence.

>comic ideas are running a little dry again
>time for 'something that happened recently' i guess
>BOY HOWDY I SURE AM DUMB AND BAD AT VIDEO GAMES. GO AHEAD AND LAUGH, I DESERVE IT. DON'T HOLD BACK NOW
Ronnie needs to get the fuck over himself

but hes not even playing video games

Dobson shitposting early, I see.

Hey, you're right. That stupid rolling with the punches shit really gets on my nerves, all the same.

Agrias is such a good motherto Ronnie.

As much as I hate to say it, you have a point.

Every dime a dozen, unfunny webcomic creator makes a living off of "BOY LIFE SURE IS SUCKS! GRRR ANXIETY, GRRR DEPRESSION, PRETTY #RELATABLE HUH GUYS?"

Sad to see Ronnie is doing more and more of the same.

I don't even understand the punchline

Is he supposed to be getting off to the verbal abuse, or...

yes.

>'ha ha ha i'm so sad and pathetic, HEY that guy was rude to me, ha ha right on dude I'm the worst!!!'

The joke is that Ronnie covers himself in many layers of detached, tepid irony that allow him to notice something bad about himself and, instead of acting on that sense of sadness/shame, share that #relatablecontent with other broken people for them to wallow in.

It's not funny, it's not original, and holy shit that florid, xkcd-tier alt-text for fuck's sake Ronnie

Whomp is a newspaper-style comic. That means predictability.

This is not a defense.

Objectively speaking, what's the difference between Dobson and Ronnie?

Ronnie's art is simple but it's not overtly lazy. Also, despite the weeaboo jokes it's not largely cribbed from '90s anime like Dobson's is.

If you put it that way it's completely different.

One has bad opinions about video games (booooo!), the other has acceptable opinions (our guy!)

humility
humor
integrity
doesnt pander
doesnt look for trendy shit to latch on to
genuinly makes what he wants
self awearness
doesnt blame everything on someone else

>Whomp is a newspaper-style comic.
Has Ronnie actually said this, or is it a retroactive cop-out to explain why he hasn't done anything with the comic besides pump out relatable content

One is a good person, one is a bear

Mmmm oh yeah. thats nice, Now say something about my- I mean his weight.

It's just an assessment of it's qualities. Simple art, simple likable characters with simple relationships with each other, gag-a-day, a handful of repeated punchlines.

oh dear, did someone actually insult him live?

Ronnie's humor is much more directed at his self-insert. Dobson is more preachy and tries to appeal to a larger audience.

Can this guy be banned already? We all know it's the same guy posting these

So, can anyone confirm if this is actually Ronnie posting his new comics on Sup Forums not just a guy who shares it here?

Is this you Ronnie? Is this me?

its not ronnie. Its never ronnie.

>Sup Forums hates Ronnie now
I guess I should've seen it coming. It's just the way of things.

this comic ain't fresh no more yo

It's the horrible way of this place. Ronnie is no longer Crab Fab.

One is just some guy with a comic, and the other is a faggot that's latched onto sjw bullshit to make people forget about his degenerate shitty objectifying fetish art past.

Funny seeing such attempt to white knight everything with a vagina whilst keeping backups of his own disgusting fetish art.

One is pathetic forever and a jerk, the other is pathetic but you hope for his improvement; he's self aware.

Okay I laughed way harder at that comic than at any whomp in recent memory

How did this guy's art manage to remain statically mediocre for the last 5 years?

How are they anything alike?

They're both fattish guys with glasses?

At what point did Sup Forums turn on Ronnie?

Even Tim Buckley's art *changed*. He even tried an animated series, and doing all kinds of different characters and 'universes'. Ronnie, meanwhile, gave up on Otaku Dad because he wasn't getting enough Patreonbux.

I fucking hate you, Ronnie, for having less imagination and creative drive than the guy who gave us B^U.

Dobson complains about how everyone but him is wrong.

Ronnie revels in his own worthlessness.

Haha, relatable losers.
When did this idea get so saturated?

>At what point did Sup Forums turn on Ronnie?

I have hated this comic from the beginning maybe it is from my years working at a LCS and meeting too many "ronnies" IRL, I hate them they are terrible self absorbed fucktards with a complete disregard for any one else on the planet.

>Even Tim Buckley's art *changed*. He even tried an animated series, and doing all kinds of different characters and 'universes'. Ronnie, meanwhile, gave up on Otaku Dad because he wasn't getting enough Patreonbux.

Because everything Buckley has ever done was accomplished entirely through artistic integrity and he's not consistently paid thousands of dollars, right?

>Ronnie, meanwhile, gave up on Otaku Dad because he wasn't getting enough Patreonbux.
Heh. Even Jeph Jacques, terrible hack as he is, keeps Alice Grove as his experiment.

I don't know, to be honest (senpai). I just think it's odd that a guy so reviled still has more creative DO SOMETHING energy than a guy content to sit on his ass and pump out the exact same shit, year after year, about how self-hating and fat and dumb he is.

Literally forever in British comedy

American media is just now catching up from a long ghetto of 'every protagonist must be a cool exemplar of the american dream'

Just think of all the 'loser' protagonists who are oppressed not by theirselves, but by the world, but after 2 hours of drama invariably are rewarded with success/adulation/a gf for prom

Then compare to Monty Python

>Monty Python
oh mate, there's a trillion and one 'sad angry little man kicking futilely at gigantic, uncaring machine' comedies out there, and you picked the most 'le british comedy We Are The Knights Who Say Ni!' one there is. fucking hell

God, that's depressing.

You need money to improve your art minimally over 6 years?

>try and guess which of these is a sad, mopey, 'i wish anime was real' Fat Anime Feels weirdo

there's gotta be an element to being around forever. CAD and QC are old as dirt

>what is The Honeymooners
>What is The Flintstones
>What is I Love Lucy
>What is Calvin and Hobbes
>What is Peanuts

America has been doing legit loser protagonists since forever

>artist who applies themselves and DOES STUFF gets ahead
Really makes you think.

Also, doing simple sums, Ronnie actually makes more per donor than Jeph. Really makes you, uh, think?

>sitcom
>sitcom cartoon
>sitcom
>nostalgia for misspent youth, occasional insight
>ditto

come on

>the only monty python is 'holy grail'

Nice try satan

>Write about what you know
>It's something that other people have experienced
>"Way to be original, faggot"
What happens when the world forgets how to be human?

i'm just saying when you have red dwarf, peep show, alan partridge, bottom, and literally everything else le british comedy to choose from, monty python is the most obvious thing!

>Ronnie stopped working on his secondary comic because he wasn't making enough money from it

>even these people that make 10 times more are able to keep working on side projects

It was a retarded comparison. Buckley got paid for the animated series before making it. That's different from starting a project, and then having to stop because the increase in pay doesn't match the increase in work.

>Buckley got paid for the animated series before making it.
This was before Kickstarter was a thing; if Ronnie were to run one for a Whomp cartoon, would you chip in?

>monty python is the most obvious thing!

Jesus Sup Forums, pretend I said Black Books and there was instead a chain of 'WTF is that' posts instead of this 'Wow that's not underground at all how why would you try to make an example widely relatable'

How sare you talk shit about calvin and hobes, the american jewel of entertainment, not even adventure time managed to be so meaningful and deep as C&H.

don't ever (You) at me again

not same user, black books is good.

Did... Did Ronnie get this idea from the last thread?

What the fuck are you even talking about

Negative attention is still attention

He's hooked.

Son of Dob must've did some work on this comic too, judging by the way Agrias' body inflates in the 2nd and 3rd panels.

He's pretending to be Sup Forums

But I want a fresh meme!

No. No more memes.

About 200 lbs.

Seconding Also maybe I'm projecting my own platonic fantasies here, but I could honestly see myself buying Ronnie a drink and having a genuine and mutually nice evening with him, whereas any encounter with Dobson would end in an underwhelming fist fight

>hating on god's most precious creature, ronnie

What happened to you Sup Forums

Something horrible has infected our soul.

This makes me uncomfortable.

Sup Forums is fickle as fuck and cannot remain interested in the same thing for too long. It happens all the time.

Look here pal or whatever, english in not my first language and I´m just and old lurker, but right now I´m really mad about ronnie only getting 600$.

Is there no justice in this world anymore or what fucking hell.

First I hated Ronnie.
Then I read all of his comics and loved him.
Now I'm just getting bored.

He'd do so much better breaking the mold. His early production was so much more diverse. Now it's just Ronnie and Agrias.

Years and years of "lol fat" is hard to stay big into for.

I liked Whomp for a while but I don't check up on it any more.

So you realized that the thing you like was shit all along. Whoop-fucking-whoopity-doo.

You're the only one to blame.

Nice

>eat vanilla ice cream for years
>get bored of it
>"it must've been bad all along!""

>one guy who dislikes Whomp keeps samefagging the thread

We all love Whomp!

Still the best.

>That future comic where Murphy's photo can be seen in the background
Rest in fucking peace Murph.

Food analogies are the fucking worst and you should feel ashamed for using one.

its a shitty comic

Charisma, humor, a gorgeous beard

But Ronnie is also a bear

Why can't all webcomics be as wonderful as Neddy

Aren't you actually proving his point? Honeymooners/Flintstones are sitcoms about the ideal American life. Yeah, guys like Fred are unhappy occasionally, but it's strictly to generate conflict in the show. Out of all of those, only Peanuts is an actual example.

ronnie is our boy.

;-;

You'll find out within 15 years when the marketing singularity hits.

You take that back.

>ifunny

please

>Getting that close to a girl
Unrelatable.

Never. It's one guy. Has been for over a year.

I love how it's always a red head.

Do you eat something nasty for breakfast today, user?

Who the fuck eats breakfast nowadays?

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, Anonymous.

Fat people