Okay Sup Forums, you're going to explain to me why you hate this show without resorting to using the words "Tumblr"...

Okay Sup Forums, you're going to explain to me why you hate this show without resorting to using the words "Tumblr", "SJW" or "lesbian".

I'm waiting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c5jthvyb-74
youtube.com/watch?v=DUMq6imrMmI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't hate the show.

But.

The pacing and plotting are inconsistent. Things that seem like they would be important are left to dawdle and wait through episodes about what feels like nothing at all, sometimes. There's world-building in there, but there's a sense they're padding out the story.

Characterization can be inconsistent. I blame this on letting boarders do their own thing for each episode, so the show doesn't feel as focused and unified as it could.

The focus on Steven colors the entire tone of the show, so it comes off as very soft and feminine thanks to Steven's caring, motherly nature. This isn't bad in and of itself, but I would like more moments where there is tension because of it.

The 11 minute runtime makes everything feel rushed. I think they'd have been better off in many cases with a 22 minute show.

I like this cartoon personally.

With that said, if someone doesn't, I think "lesbian" might be a valid reason.

I don't like progressive cartoons.

THE HORRIBLY INCONSISTENT ART

Some episodes look like animated palcomix and others have actually decent art.

If you can't keep your characters on model and at the same fucking height, if you care that little then why should I bother.

I don't really watch it, but my brother loves it and has shown me a few episodes. I can see why people like it, but I personally can't get interested in the world and I particularly find the writing to be substandard at times. The characters have a terrible habit of directly announcing their feelings and spelling out their character development to the audience. I can't stand that.

Also I'm really not into the indie-talky-musical sequences. And I love musicals.

Steven is a boring character and too much time is spent on him.

>Okay Sup Forums, you're going to explain to me why you hate this show without resorting to using the words "Tumblr", "SJW" or "lesbian"

It's gay; you're gay.

>implying that's why Sup Forums hates SU.
Let's be honest here, Sup Forums hates it because it's popular. Everyone wants to be the cool contrarian underdog so they hate a show once it becomes popular.
Watch, The Loud House looks like it's the flavor of the month at the moment so by February everyone will hate it.

Anyway, I've seen maybe the first half of the first season or so and my biggest complaint so far is Garnet.
They play her off as the strong silent type who's always right and that gets so fucking boring.
Even worse is her VA. Anytime she needs to portray anger, fear, sadness, whatever she just talks louder.

After about 6 years of Sugar's OH SO QUIRKY "sing quietly while strumming the same 3 chords on a ukulele" style of songwriting, that shit got old 5 and a half years ago.

Wasted potential.

does Sup Forums hate Sup Forums only because its popular too?

>The characters have a terrible habit of directly announcing their feelings and spelling out their character development to the audience. I can't stand that.
God this so much. People bitch about hiatuses or slow pacing but that's the type of thing that will be a non-issue in the future when the show is over and you can just binge the show. But the characters constantly shouting out, "YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE ME, NOBODY DOES, AND I'M SICK OF EVERYONE TREATING ME LIKE GARBAGE WHEN ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS BE MY BEST!" while splurging into tears all because another character triggered them with a baby criticism is just so fucking awful and cringe-y to watch.

This show is like the embodied version of Mac from Always Sunny where he keeps jamming in as much exposition as possible because he's afraid the audience won't understand. And it sucks because the show HAS subtext, but it does seem like it's afraid that the kids won't get it so they just ruin the entire episode by doing that shit.

>Everyone wants to be the cool contrarian underdog so they hate a show once it becomes popular.
If Sup Forums hates it, doesn't it consider it hating on popularity in Sup Forums popular? I dunno, seems like a hypocrocity scenario. If everyone in Sup Forums hates it, then why are there so many anons being in the same boat? If we want to be a contrarian and cool here we got to stop being in the same boat.

I don't even know if Sup Forums hates Sup Forums or Sup Forums is just the go-to buzzword response to anyone who doesn't agree with you, much like "Tumblr" or "SJW".

so yes?

I mean, I guess, fuck Idunno.
You could make the argument that people hate Sup Forums because they're racist and edgy, but shit, how the fuck are you not desensitized to that kinda shit after your first minute on Sup Forums?

Who knows, I'm too high and too fucking cold for this.

The show is basically taking the LOST route when it comes to world-building. So it has to be vague at all times. We know they are aliens and we know they are leftovers from a war long past.

At least in Rick and Morty, you do learn alot about the characters and their world throughout each episode. Like Rick being the most dangerous and most wanted man in the universe ala The Doctor, and you get to see how his enemies especially the Galactic Federation, works.

In SU? We really haven't seen that much about Homeworld. Apart from being fucked in resources, scouting parties, ruins and drones.

Sup Forums became popular already. it's called america.

I just really hate Steven as a character. He's ugly, flamboyant in a way that isn't entertaining, and his voice is annoyingly piercing and nasal.

Just let me have this, OP, this tiny bit of hatred in my life

shitty writing.

there ya go.

>awful pacing
>hamfisted drama
>inconsistent characterization
>relies too much on being "quirky"

>Faggot who thinks a concept is always more important than its presentation

I don't even like Steven Universe but you need to be gassed for being this retarded.

Blander than an unsalted saltine

>America is the pinnacle of racism
Imagine knowing this fucking little about the world.

This

Steven Universe's idea of drama is either to have a meltdown,that hapens every other episode, or to tear up a bit, that happens almost every episode

It's a Twitter crypto-Marxist gay woman show.

>eople bitch about hiatuses or slow pacing but that's the type of thing that will be a non-issue in the future when the show is over and you can just binge the show.

Person who binge watched the show reporting in, its terrible pacing is still an issue.

progressiveness for the sake of progressiveness instead of for story reasons. all the gems save one are gay. all of them. rose quartz canonically preferred the company of men. the rest are gay. they also push the transgender thing too much like its even relevant. instead of male gems, they just make the female ones masculine but continue to refer to them as female.

then theres the main character. he looks like a toddler but is in his mid teens. his maturity fluctuates and hes different episode to episode. he was pretty insufferable in the first season and is more tolerable now. tolerable, not good.

the art ranges from good to fucking trash. theres only two good songs despite there being like 200 episodes with a song every couple of episodes. the plot is nonexistent and the series is dragging hard. literally everything after season 1 is filler and they havent gone back to the main plot and have just been wasting time.

the show IS tumblr, it IS sjw, it IS lesbian, and it IS shit for many reasons. but its entertaining enough that its not boring, though a lot of episodes are difficult to watch thanks to steven being a manchild

In very few words, I don't like it because it puts agenda before story, which makes it no different from 20th century racist propaganda.

I happen to like the show.

>Emotion sometimes feels really forced, and is only added in because of >MUH FEELINGS.

>Fight scenes are commonly clunky and have no weight. Sometimes the fight scenes are better, but most of the time it just looks so unnatural.

>Character designs and physical proportions are fucking inconsistent. This is my biggest issue. Crewinverse NEEDS to get on their shit, it just makes the animation look so unprofessional.

Also while this shouldn't stop anyone from enjoying a thing, the SU fandom has shown to be on par with some of the worst fandom's out there (and I'm specifically referring to tumblr). Getting someone to attempt suicide over some FA that's drawn a certain way that may not meet your own standards is inexcusable and beyond any sense of morality (ironically tumblr thinks they're some self righteous hero's of society). Anyone who took part in it, should honestly consider just offing themselves. They also have bitch fits if an episode doesn't go their way or doesn't agree with their state of minds (carl/bismuth episodes), and the audacity that many of them assume they actually have a say in how another person's work should be done makes my fucking blood boil. Most anons on Sup Forums understand that no matter how many shitposts they make about a show, they're not going to change another person's work of art. Tumblr is cancer. I know OP said not to talk about tumblr but it should be brought because tumblr is and always will be a flaw on every single animated series right now, and in the near future.

I have no problem with lesbians.

just another show contributing to the pussification of young males.

Very bad pacing.
Inconsistent art and writing then range from great to god awful.
Promises of greater plot that lead to a whole lot of nothing.

I love the show personally, but I'm also a lore fag and love world building shit. It's not for everyone but overall I think it's a good show and most of the people who hate it are just looking for reasons to do so.

you used all the forbidden words
you lost

proceed to the gas chamber

Export mode: You can't use the words "townie", or "lore"

But the townies and lore are pretty good considering. Why would someone hate the show based on those two things?

gay

It just doesn't interest me? Anymore? I want adventure, not just live-action television tier drama bullshit.

Fights are shit. little character growth. bad airing schedule

Same. A lot of the show feels...off beat too, if that makes sense.

You know it's weird, as much as I hate Steven Universe I still follow it. Maybe one day we'll get some payoff on the "overarching" Gem War storyline.

The Show is Corny, Cringe, Overdramatic, Cheesy, everyone cries everytime.

It that is the real issue, then why isnt Sup Forums praising the hell out of these shows?

They are the most masculine examples of western animation currently airing

they're pretty much literally whos. and plus the enemy doesn't hate it, so there's no point.

Because Sup Forums doesn't care about masculinity, they care about waifuing 2D QT's.
what the shit are you even doing here faggot? Go back to making your /fit/ threads about how insecure you are.

>the enemy doesn't hate it, so there's no point
This is the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

Guess what?
The enemy hates Steven Universe

Apparently the the fight scenes are shit (no not all action scenes, just specifically the fight scenes are shit.) I guess its because this show likes to use stretchy movements on the characters, so you can pause at moments, and say it sucks.

anti-pussification of young males doesnt mean fix it by exaggerating machismo( i dont know those two shows so im not sure thats what they are doing). if you stop psyoping young men with all this gay pussy shit they will naturally find an more centered masculinity which is the true masculinity.

one that doesnt give a fuck about this obvious gay and feminist agenda.

tell me about one good fight in su. Except jailbreak.

The plot is bland and repetitive, while the characters themselves are becoming one note.

best description of steven universe with using forbidden words.
best description of steven universe without using forbidden words.

>what the shit are you even doing here faggot? Go back to making your /fit/ threads about how insecure you are.

lol triggered faggot. this is what this gay ass show is doing to people.

That one episode with Garnet when they decided to have actual good animation was pretty neato.

in other words, they would turn into pussies on their own

just like you

>triggered faggots
can i have the list of buzzwords you use? i need to troll some gays

Lapis's Water Doppelgangers.

man that's a great fight scene. it so great you can't remember the name

>I don't know anything about child development!: The Post

It's suffering from a bad case of: "Let's introduce this really cool thing that will effect the main plot but the actual episode is only 11 minutes and we completely forget about it for ten episodes before bringing it up again and ending the arc with another unsatisfying 11 minutes"

Or in other words: Adventure Time 2.0.

some will.

just look what happened to you.

youtube.com/watch?v=c5jthvyb-74

nice mirror.

how many peoples teeth did you smash in with a steel pipe in your life?

ok

ok man forgot about that. you won. to bad its outsourced.

I was referring to Garnet Universe but this looks neato too.

Crap pacing, crap fight scenes, too many shit characters get focus when possibly interesting ones remain undeveloped, protagonist is not asking the right kind of questions

wat?

projection. you're talking to a mirror and saying your worst flaws and problems to someone else when you see yourself.
in fact, that's everyone's problems. they like to blame their own problems on everyone else and not themselves. it's what makes everyone literally the same.

Jesus Christ it's like looking at two 10 year old's trying way too hard to be tough.

what are my worst flaws and problems?

thought so
I assume you never got into a proper brawl either

no right to call yourself a man
you may as well cut your balls off

you're a pussy. duh.

is liking steven universe the most embarrassing thing in your lives?

> in fact, that's everyone's problems. they like to blame their own problems on everyone else and not themselves.

Yeah, well...it's not my fault that do that!

being a sissy

no
Im never embarrassed by anything I do

live without shame

Okay fag, you're going to explain to me why you like this shitty show without resorting to using the words "lore", "waifus", or "lesbian".

I'm waiting.

nice b8
oh so i guess that means you are projecting. thanks for the lesson.

i guess you're projecting as well since my flaw is projection, and your projecting your projection flaw to me. so really, we're just the same person.

I like the show, I don't like the way the people working on it execute their ideas and allow idiots to dictate how certain characters are presented in favor of revealing important plot details.

It's like eating your favorite dish, made by your least favorite cook in your least favorite restaurant.

I don't like the show because I just don't.
I like the show because I just do.

It is a fun little science-fantasy/slice of life hybrid, comfy as hell, and dramatic when it wants to be

Steven Universe is the definition of a show that is a mile wide and an inch deep.

And so is the average member of its fanbase.

It's worse than being friendless and alcoholic.

INCEPTION!
youtube.com/watch?v=DUMq6imrMmI

What are you trying to say with this?

i don't know who is jewing who anymore.

it's why the show is 11 minutes rather than 22 (I also agree with "maybe 15 minutes is the best" assessment)

so you are saying they are flood water?

does it matter? this thread is shit from the word "okay"

yeah this is one of the few moments that the show had showed its full potential. If only more of the show could be like this.

nothing in life really matters
only death

I think he's defending the 11 minute episode lengths, though if anything that post just shows off the biggest problem with the show that's even more important then the length and that's trying to make a plots and arcs when all the writings wanting to do their own things is retarded.

If the show was purely comedy or slice of life then it'd work perfectly fine but it tries to introduce plots and developments while telling everyone to be a special snowflake and that's gonna create some problems because everyone has their own idea about how things should go so instead we have a bunch of unsatisfying arcs that get ignored or quickly and half-assedly resolved.

As long as its an SoL ep, i agree, for the caracter or story episodes it doesnt work

I feel like the poor scheduling done by cartoon network and the steven bomb format is a lot to blame for the shit pacing.