Adventure Time: Islands

Holy shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iVaziA2K-5o
twitter.com/oliveolson/status/806284013807636480
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hopefully, they'll put more effort into promoting this than they did the finale.

dat Susan

Yeah, is this a "Holy Shit, they're promoting Islands!", or "Holy Shit, new intro"?

more susan is always good, especially for more art

Is Islands their new mini-series? I haven't really kept up since Stakes.

Possibly the first one. Stakes has its own intro too.

Yep, it's kicking off Season 8.

and the light cloud?

god dammit what happened to fins arm this time?

is it worth watching the new seasons just to find out?

not really, it just happened in the latest episode. Spoilers it pops off when his grass thorn forms into a weird grass guy thing, we've yet to see anything past that. he gets a robo arm some time after that.

depending on when you bailed I think it's worth watching the new seasons because they're pretty aight, depending.

I assume that's Finn's new sword.

Damn, I didn't even notice it was a different sword in the title!

>it's another "Fins's hand and sword gets changed"

How many fucking times did they do this

Is this just a season theme like Regular Show in Space

Except it's not the final season

That will probably be part of Islands.

It's another mini series like Stakes.

I thought Finn had gotten his arm back?

Yes and no. It was the Grass Sword the whole time. At the very end of Reboot, it apparently decides "fuck this sparing-people's-lives shit," pops itself off, absorbs the Finn Sword, and becomes some sort of grass-monster-doppelganger thing.

Oh look its fucking nothing

''Rebecca Sugar spit'' shots fired!

Turns out he did not, and it was implied from the moment his new hand appeared

it was basically a plant parasite with a mind of its own, and in the season 7 finale it betrays Finn

>The actual protagonist finally is gonna get actual focus.

Took them long enough.

well shit

I haven't watched adventure time in almost two years.
i need to get back to it

>The actual protagonist finally is gonna get actual adventure focus

The love struck fin arc was trash

Why would anyone mutilate the protagonist of a kid's show?

>Implying people treat kid's shows as kid's shows
If there's an unusual object in a whimsical land you gotta blow it out of proportion.

>susan with hat

meh

>susan without hat

YES

>implying Susan isn't gonna be the focus as she says good bye to Finn and live out her life in some dumb island far away.

Yes. AT has always been good. only a few bad episodes in season 5.
There has been an ongoing sub-plot about his arm during the whole season, though.

WHEN DOES IT AIR?

He change swords since season 1.
It's the second time he lose his hand.

So Jake was just being dramatic after being crushed by that anchor I guess.

So how long until his arm grows back this time?

bout tree fiddy

Never. Cyborg Finn is here to stay.

Expectations like that is exactly how AT fucks you to death man.

I'm happy about the arm but stay guarded, what's been done in the past can repeat and storyboards from future episodes didn't seem to portray him with the robo arm. It's still possible they're revert it again in some way.

I give it until the end of this series of specials
Then they'll just have the Queen show up again, and fuck his arm again, and render an actually unique piece of character development irrelevant again and he'l go back to trying to fuck Bubblegum again
And if they don't I'll actually have respect for the show...again

His arms never grew back in the first place. It was always a plant-prosthetic all along.

While I'm happy about the arm they did it soooo damn late man, would have been way more hype had this happened like a year ago.

And just having a standard robo arm is pretty generic. Would have been cool if they went outside the box with it and had a plant prosthetic or something like that.

seeIt's impressive the amount of buthurt that has stopped people to enjoy the show for reasons that were never valid in the first place.

But his arm DID grow back, who gives a shit about technicalities that don't factor in very often. It wasn't the same arm but it might as well have been.

>But his arm DID grow back, who gives a shit about technicalities that don't factor in very often.
So, are you saying that if Finn had got a robot arms instead of the plant arm he had for two seasons, people would have bitched just as much?

No because that's not a technicality, even if it's just a coat of paint on his arm that's a change that would be featured in every episode Finn is in, unlike the thorn which was in like 8 out of 100 or something.

Just any amount of change would have been something. People probably still would have complained but there would have been a whooole lot less of it.

>No because that's not a technicality
How?

Plant prosthetic or robot prosthetic, that's the exact same thing. One is as much a technicality as the other.

No because plant prosthetic looks the exact same aside from the thorn that rarely showed up anyway. If he had a robo one then it would be a physical change.

Unless they were sneaky and just made the robo limb look exactly like his old arm or something, which would have been equally as bullshit.

Motherfucker hes got a robot arm now? fucking spoilers

>No because plant prosthetic looks the exact same aside from the thorn that rarely showed up anyway. If he had a robo one then it would be a physical change.
But it's as much a physical change.

>Unless they were sneaky and just made the robo limb look exactly like his old arm or something
I would only be half surprised if the showrunner ended up giving him a "luke hand" with Princess Bubblegum saying "here, I managed to make it look just like your real arm" just to troll the fans.

I mean, it's not like the technology isn't available in Ooo in the ifrst place.

>But it's as much a physical change.
Yeah, but it's not as satisfying as if something actually changed in the way it looked. That's what pissed people off, the way they handled it made it seem like everything was back to square one.

And since Ooo is so full of magic bullshit they could always magic stuff away, but that usually doesn't make for very interesting storytelling, like when Jake's kids were suddenly old enough to become regular side characters. AT writers have to have enough willpower to not jut use the setting to shove anything they don't want to deal with to the side.

>Yeah, but it's not as satisfying as if something actually changed in the way it looked. That's what pissed people off, the way they handled it made it seem like everything was back to square one.
But this is false. It's literally complaining about the look. I can guarantee you that most of the bawling was about "the team back-pedalling to status-quo and not giving Finn a real loss". and again, a plant prosthetic is the same as a robot prosthetic. It' sthe same damn result.

If what people are really bitching about is simply superficial look, then, it's deeeply moronic and pointles and 100% unjustified.

Superficial look is NEVER a valid point to complain about how a show is doing wrong.

Plant arm and Robot arm: the same.

WHEN DOES IT AIR!

>Plant arm and Robot arm: the same.
Dude, they are not because robo arm looks different, plant looks the same. This is not a hard thing to grasp.

When he immediately got his arm back and it looked exactly the same people were bitching because there was no change; if there had been a permanent change, then Finn would have constantly been reminded of his shitty dad and stuff. I don't care about the whole permanent loss aspect or any of that shit, but this is why I think it was bullshit at least.

Superficial look is important in not pissing off the audience when the show looks like no significant changes stay and matter.

>. That's what pissed people off, the way they handled it made it seem like everything was back to square one.
But that's false.
From the very start they indicated that the arm had something else. It was very clear there was still something ongoing with the arm and you had to be in denial to not see it.

You know all in all, it's very ironic. The showrunners, took a risk, they went in a different direction as the audience expected, they avoided the shortest path and went for a more complex overarching plot, with many step back and for, actually gave density to one of the most important plot point of the show, gave an actual story on which many other could be build. and for that, they were called cowards.

There was no guarantee that anything was gonna result from it. Finn had a thorn that only appeared like 2 times 6 months after he got it, it was possible that the arm plot was just wrapped up and the thorn was occasionally gonna show up to remind the audience that it existed.

It was more like AT did the thing it usually does where something big happens but then they revert 90% of it back to square one. The show writers took the path of least resistance and did what was easiest for them to do, that shouldn't be something to commend just because it was a subversion of expectations.

Ugh, why is this show still on the air? Just let it fucking die.

>Dude, they are not because robo arm looks different, plant looks the same. This is not a hard thing to grasp.
This is impossible to grap because no one should go with that logic.

Plant arm or Robot arm, it's the exact same thing. there objectively no more reason to complain about one over the other.

>When he immediately got his arm back and it looked exactly the same people were bitching because there was no change
There was as much change as if he would have received a robot arm.
>if there had been a permanent change
But IT WAS a permanent change. The Thorn was a clear indication that his arm was different, now.
>then Finn would have constantly been reminded of his shitty dad and stuff.
He didn't need his arm for that.
> I don't care about the whole permanent loss aspect or any of that shit, but this is why I think it was bullshit at least.
But it's not. His relationship with his dad wasn't resolved with that. the whole season he worked it out. The arm being a plant didn't make that plot less important.
>Superficial look is important in not pissing off the audience when the show looks like no significant changes stay and matter.
Anyone actually paying attention would actually realize that there was significant change. Fuck season 6 is when you actually see Finn mature the most.

Back to /sug/ please.

Only 2 more seasons, then it finally be over

>There was no guarantee that anything was gonna result from it.
There was 100% guarantee of it. Anyone who had been following the show this far Knew that Thorn was going to lead to consequence. You had to be in denial to not acknowledge that.
>Finn had a thorn that only appeared like 2 times 6 months after he got it
And? No need to be heavyhanded about that. You don't want Peter Griffin guest-starring in AT going "remember when you had that thorn in your hand" every episode.
> it was possible that the arm plot was just wrapped up and the thorn was occasionally gonna show up to remind the audience that it existed.
Only an idiot would have believed that. The arm plot had been build up for years, to think it was just given up like that would have been moronic. Anyone following the hsow this far should have known more was coming from that.

>It was more like AT did the thing it usually does where something big happens but then they revert 90% of it back to square one.
The 10% always have a great impact.

>The show writers took the path of least resistance and did what was easiest for them to do
But that's wrong. the easiest thing would have been to just Go with Finn losing his arm forver. The additional steps they took actually was the hard way. And it was not for nothing as it got interesting pay-off.
>that shouldn't be something to commend just because it was a subversion of expectations.
It's something to commend because they didn't take the easy way. And made something worthwhile out of it.

BECAUSE IT'S A FUCKING GOOD SHOW!

We all knew he was getting a robot arm, its like 15-25% of talk. "Blah, Finn always loses arm, blah buff adult Finn has robot arm in his vision of self. Pillow robot arm."

There was nothing saying the arm would be important man. It was just as likely that his arm was back to normal and the thorn would pop out once in a blue moon, maybe form his grass sword again in times of trouble, but up until it started being featured more that was the most that seemed to be on the horizon.

And doing what they did was definitely the easiest thing, it let them ignore all the consequences of the season 6 opener and just get around to furthering the plot whenever they felt like it. Making his arm look different, or having the thorn instead of being something that popped in when they felt like it always be present, would have been much more work. I have no idea how you think what they did isn't the easiest way.

Oh shit a pirate sword? Nice

>There was nothing saying the arm would be important man.
Did you even watch the show? The was 5 previous seasons of foreshadowing.
>was just as likely that his arm was back to normal and the thorn would pop out once in a blue moon
No, it was very unlikely. assuming that is just silly.
>And doing what they did was definitely the easiest thing,
No, the easiest thing would have been to simply give him a robot arm. The extra sotry-building they did actually required more build-up and extra thinking. Actually getting there in a more complex way, require more work and fore-thinking instead of being just done with it.

>it let them ignore all the consequences of the season 6 opener
They never ignored the consequence of the the Season 6 openers. it had impact througout all the season.
> Making his arm look different, or having the thorn instead of being something that popped in when they felt like it always be present, would have been much more work.
That is solely superficial look and would have got zero impact on the plot.

>I have no idea how you think what they did isn't the easiest way.
Because just giving him the robot arm and be done with that mean it was the end of it. instead, they went firther withthis arc and added more seed from which more story can grow. Doing what they did required extra writing and forethinking. Which is much more work than jus making a superficial change.

They build on the arm plot but didn't go the straight way with it. and that's to be commended.

I'm still not seeing how they didn't shit on the foreshadowing. It was easily possible that they did the part they had to do by having Finn lose his arm, but then wiggled around it by giving him an identical looking one. So that was possible.

And actually you are right about giving him the robo arm would be the end of it, so point taken, but they basically are doing the same thing in the present story line but only drawing it out by years and years. Whatever the green thing is at the end of Reboot doesn't seem very important given that it's not featured in the promotional material for Islands at all, so in the end he'll still just end up with some sort of arm, only they decided to push that date off as far as possible by giving him an arm that looks exactly the same.

So unless they really do something crazy with it, which is possible, I still think they sort of went the easy way out.

Damn, that gif's a real eyesore

>status quo change

lel

I like the robo arm but I can't really see it lasting.

It reminds me of when Marceline got turned from a vampire to a mortal in Stakes, but ended up becoming a vampire again at the end of the miniseries anyway. I think it's likely that Finn's arm will work the same way; just a tool to be used during the miniseries to move the plot along or whatever then fixed by the end of it so the normal show can get back to goofing around.

Of course I will be quite pleased if they prove me wrong.

Found the sufag

The DVD is released in January, so I assume that's when.

>No Marceline telling Finn about having a neglecting dad episode
WASTED. POTENTIAL. Just like their dynamic back in season 2.

so will finn finally get with best girl

i cant wait for the pink lesbian and the vampire to do all sorth of lesbian shit together
also i want the little boy to fuck some older girls yeah

it's reassuring knowing that no matter what happens in my life these posts with that same picture will always be in Adventure Time threads. just helps you realize that this to will pass and all that.

never. even us fubblefags admit the future looks bleak.

Time to pack it up bro

fuck you m8

I'm the same user who's been posting the same post/picture all these years

i know friend. you also like posting those gifs of big destiny staring at the nuke explosion and Finn and Jake driving out the window as a car from what i recall. we've all been here far too long.

>the future looks bleak.

I love that fucking gif

what happenned tumblr? cant handle the truth? cant handdle a little mirror showing your true face?

>fubblefag/finncelinefags
>tumblr

Real talk, show isn't as good as it once was but it's still great and I'll always enjoy it.

I wish Islands was happening at the end of the show though, it seems very awkward for it to just happen then have the show run for another two-ish seasons. This seems like a real final episode deal with Finn meeting and maybe even staying with his own kind.

I hope it will be good but as I'm actually satisfied with modern AT's quality I see no reason it won't be.

What is your favorite episode-only character?

I'm really looking forward to it!

That's a tough one. Maybe the Hotdog Knights? They technically showed up a few times but really only had one breakout role, and they were fucking hilarious.

Tart Toter is also very good.

Wait, there was a finale?

that's scandalous dabs

for season 7, aired a few weeks ago. Preboot and Reboot.

Damn.

that's not Susan though

It was nice seeing people draw their own promo art for the finale.

from the thumbnail i always thought the artist just drew her with giant ankles

Did you not see the episode where the penguin turned into Cthulu?

recap
youtube.com/watch?v=iVaziA2K-5o

could be by the way Olivia tells it
twitter.com/oliveolson/status/806284013807636480

Was hoping that's what that video would be. Fine meme.

Nice!

Thats pretty good.

I'd like to believe that this is permanent since there are only two seasons left, but we'll see.

It would be hard to promote the mini series without giving away that he has a robot arm. Besides, it may get the attention of some people that had stopped watching.

Isn't it funny how people still hold a grudge against AT for the exact things Steven Universe is praised for?

Lesbians?