Fox has given a script commitment plus penalty to The Nice Girls...

>Fox has given a script commitment plus penalty to The Nice Girls, a contemporary female take on the Joel Silver-produced 2016 feature film The Nice Guys, which starred Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe and was co-written and directed by Silver’s frequent collaborator Shane Black.
>Set against the backdrop of 1977 Los Angeles, The Nice Guys revolved around two very different PIs (Gosling, Crowe) who are forced to team up on a case. The movie was very well received by critics and grossed $60 million at the boxoffice.

Are you hyped, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rqqAnjY2Rmo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>reboot
>original movie in 2016

>reboot of a 2016 film
>a contemporary female take

could be good. dont know why you are immediately opposed to anything that has a woman lead in it. as long as they dont put someone like amy schumer in that lead. im trying to think which two women would have good chemistry, maybe margot robbie and felicity jones?

How old the original source material is has no impact on its reboot status

Explain how there could even possibly be a "female" nice guys.
ITS A CAST WITH TWO MEN AND TWO WOMEN with an extremely specific plotline

they will just write another plotline and this time two women will be the leads. theyre not going to remake the entire nice guys.

>two female investigators solve crimes

not that hard, user

Hollywood is so completely lazy.

boy hollywood is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. just let shane write it and might be good

because its insulting to storytelling as a whole
>HURR BUT WHAT IF THEY WERE GIRLS

I didn't watch the original, I have even less will to watch the reboot.

You'll get Katherine Heigl and like it

How fucking awful. The movie was great, this is going to be shit due to the same reasons why Grllbusters was.

So I guess my favorite movie from last year isn't getting a sequel...

A woman lead is perfectly fine, but this reeks of typical lazy Hollywood writing. "Let's resell the same thing, but barely tweak it like this". They're just using the push for better female roles movement to get some easy cash.

Look at James Cameron on how to do a good female lead movie.

your loss. originally was pretty funny

I hate to say it, but the only active director left with a tease of original creativity is Woody Allen.

>2 female PIs in the 70s in a comedy series

I'm ok with this if they are hot

>series
>one movie

Why in the christ would you take it out of the 70s?

youtube.com/watch?v=rqqAnjY2Rmo

the 70's sucked ass

>2016 was 20 years ago
time really does fly

>Why in the christ would you take it out of the 70s?

Oh, nevermind. I was getting excited for some Charlie's Angels fun...

This doesn't sound very interesting to me at all and I liked the movie. Why does it have to be a series?

as long as its staring goslings daughter.

Literally why? What's the purpose?

could be good if they can capture the feel of the movie, and have a cameo from some of the characters.

>Not in the 70's
>no shane black

Oh, so it's just "female buddy cop show"? NICE FOX.
REALLY FUCKING NICE.

>Why does it have to be a series?

Because no one wants to produce this shit as a movie

Oh wow The Nice Girls featuring Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy.
Pass.
Kill yourselves, Hollywood.

>dont know why you are immediately opposed to anything that has a woman lead
Because it's supposed to be a comedy and women can't do comedy at all.

i think the idea was, the movie was good, it would work as a series but gostling and crowe are too big for tv so they had to recast/make new characters, so for some weird reason they figured why not make them female, hopefully they manage to find the mythical non existent funny actresses, otherwise.

Because it's barely even a female version. It's not set in the 70's, it doesn't have Shane Black, it's just lazy usage of a brand. This could be any other cop show featuring women, there's no need to make it a reboot of something else if you're going to strip it's basic components so much.

It hurts even more when you realize we're not getting a sequel now and this shit is in it's place.

This makes literally no sense. The Nice Guys isn't a franchise. Unless they literally remake the film with women, I can't see the relation. And as someone mentioned earlier, the plot of the film is pretty heavily interwoven with them both being guys (and in the 70s).

Why not just make a female buddy cop film?

Fuck you, I just wanted Nice Guys II

>women are better than men!
>we are gonna show them by copying their success!

When do we get Mean Boys?

Why can't the just make, I don't know, an original movie staring 2 women?

Why do they need to make it a ~reboot? I know Hollywood is full of lazy hacks, but this is getting ridiculous.

>Women can be just as good as men!
>Let's prove it by doing exactly what men did, but with women.
And here I thought a Nice Guys 2 was unlikely to happen. Be careful what you wish for.

>When do we get Mean Boys?
You mean In the Company of Men?

This actually does get me wondering because The Nice Guys heavily relies on how flawed their characters are.
One is a drunk violent fuckup and the other is a weasely idiot fuckup.
This isn't something you easily spin into girlpower territory

They're both be successful CEOs that want to be vigilantes

They should've just made the drunk violent fuckup a woman and kept the weasely idiot fuckup a guy. Cliched but at least there's SOME easy jokes to be made.

Sure it is
Except those traits won't be flaws, but virtues of how empowered and independent they are
memes aside, they'll slightly downplay them for comedy but both characters will be likeable. The aggressive one will probably be very promiscuous as well and there will be a scene where she helps the meek one come out of her shell

Good point, but for whatever reason audiences find it really cool when women characters are heavy drinkers who fuck things up. Take Jessica Jones for example. Drinks shit booze constantly, fucks up every case she gets her hands on, gets innocents killed, and her solution to the overarching case is to murder the suspect. Still, everyone thinks she's a badass tough woman

Women can't be nice so I don't see how this would work.

these days only women and brown people are considered consumers worth advertising to. Because they like shiny things & gossip

If Shane writes it, sure. Otherwise fuck off.

What about the teen gangs which would rape them on an every corner?

The movie was nice. This will be shit.

>series
wat

way to ruin something that had so much potential and i was sooo anticipating a sequal with crow and goose

its gonna flop

when are they gonna get the message
WW performed well because of the name itself