Methamphetamine in the United States

During the early 1960s, methamphetamine was sold in the U.S. as an over-the-counter medicine in the form of an inhaler, until the U.S. Food and Drug Administration restricted its sale to physician prescriptions. In announcing the new rules, FDA Commissioner George P. Larrick told reporters that the FDA had received 153 reports of meth abuse in 1964, almost three times the 54 cases from 1963, and only five a year in 1960, 1961 and 1962. In 1970, methamphetamine was regulated in the Controlled Substances Act, and a public education campaign was mounted against it. In the 1980s, drug treatment counselors saw increased abuse of the drug among homosexuals. Mexican drug manufacturers began bringing methamphetamine north of the border, and forms of methamphetamine that could be smoked were introduced.

General on meth, your opinion on it, etc...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NDBD-D25ItA
youtube.com/watch?v=Sy3YM_H_HvM
youtu.be/LANc5GtFg1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In 1983, laws were passed in the United States prohibiting possession of precursors and equipment for methamphetamine production. In 1986, the U.S. government passed the Federal Controlled Substance Analogue Enforcement Act in an attempt to curb the growing use of designer drugs. Despite this, use of methamphetamine expanded from its initial base in California throughout the rural United States, especially through the Midwest and South. "Government officials in a majority of U.S. counties now report that meth is their counties’ most serious drug problem. Meth use is said to be particularly rampant in the American western states, where the substance is in high demand. States like Montana, South Dakota, Idaho, Colorado and Arizona have all launched extensive efforts – both private and public – to fight the meth menace.

Since 1989, five U.S. federal laws and dozens of state laws have been imposed in an attempt to curb the production of methamphetamine. Methamphetamine can be produced in home laboratories using pseudoephedrine or ephedrine, which, at the time, were the active ingredients in over-the-counter drugs such as Sudafed and Contac. Preventive legal strategies of the past 17 years have steadily increased restrictions to the distribution of pseudoephedrine/ephedrine-containing products.

I just kek'd at the idea of a bunch of 12 year old yokels high on meth. I'm spending too much time on Sup Forums

As a result "pharmaceutical companies and retailers such as Target, Walgreens, CVS, Kroger and Winn-Dixie have restricted sales of pseudoephedrine-containing products. Purchasers have been limited to buying small quantities and required to show I.D. to purchase them.

In the 1990s, new ways to synthesize methamphetamine appeared. Some new versions were reported to be four to six times stronger. Greatest use was seen in the Southwest and West United States, but methamphetamine use began and grew in the rural Midwest. Rural locations become ideal for cooking of methamphetamine because of geographic isolation and an available supply of ephedrine, pseudoephedrine and anhydrous ammonia.

It lasts too long, and gives me really bad anxiety if I don't smoke weed like a chimney while I'm on it.
It also takes away two of my favorite things in life sleep, and eating.
The rush from shooting it up is pretty fucking intense though, and feels amazing for about 2 minutes if you can get over the inevitable nausea. I throw up almost instantly literally every time right after I pull the needle out of my arm.

4/10 probably won't do again. I will stick with downers.

youtu.be/NDBD-D25ItA

I never watched Breaking Bad, but how does Walter get pseudoephedrine in this show ?

>but how does Walter get pseudoephedrine

Jean...je peux acheter de la pseudoéphédrine a la pharmacie sans prescription...

they switched to using methyl-amine because they couldnt get enough pseudo.

I take prescription methamphetamine hydrochloride, ask me anything

Shitposter québécois, dans les médocs pour le rhume elle est souvent mélangée à du paracétamol. Et les pharmacies n'acceptent pas d'en vendre plusieurs tonnes.

Devoir extraire la pseudo pour ensuite réussir à produire une petite quantité de meth impure c'est digne d'un white trash.

>I take prescription methamphetamine hydrochloride

Post a nice clear pic of your face...

Meth ruins communities. It tears families apart and it ruins lives.

Fuck meth and fuck anybody who does it.

actually if the meth is ~100% pure, he should be fine

youtube.com/watch?v=Sy3YM_H_HvM

this video is a good watch. shows the destructiveness of meth and its effect on entire communities

Wowzer

nothing wrong with my face but what idiot posts pictures of themselves on Sup Forums.

Dose is 5mg once a day in pill form and i take it due to an abnormally high natural tolerance to other amines and methylphenidate

nah, it's not impurities that cause it it's long bingers and high doses. If he's prescribed them he doesn't have enough meth to regularly take high enough doses to get to that point

Home state?

Does no one else find it odd that they create or promote these drugs, and then ban them which leads to the rise of cartels, and dealers? I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but someone is profiting, and reading about Chip Tatum I just find it all to be odd.

Also, if these drugs were regulated by the FDA they would not become laced which accounts for a lot of deaths among users, and have toxic agents added into the mix.

Look at how addiction seems to be created like some form of programming whether that be alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling, food, etc. All leave the addict in a state of dependence and access to treatment is severely limited or very costly. Just seems to be a form of population control which leads to demise.

The whole "faces of meth" shit, all the stories about meth labs, the junkies, shit blowing up.. it all sounded so scary, but eventually I've (unknowingly) tried meth and it was pretty decent. I'm not a full blown druggie, but I don't mind doing speed and cocaine every now and then and doing meth (after the first time I consciously did meth several times again) didn't really seem like going a step further. Maybe that's what makes it dangerous?

>The whole "faces of meth" shit, all the stories about meth labs, the junkies, shit blowing up.. it all sounded so scary, but eventually I've (unknowingly) tried meth and it was pretty decent.

Berlin...

most of the shit you see is when people start neglecting their personal health/hygiene in favor of getting high. Couple that with staying awake for weeks at a time and general psychosis that results from constantly taking more and that's what leads to the pictures

though in general they pick out the worst of the worst for all those stories and pictures shit

youtu.be/LANc5GtFg1s

i wouldn't do a drug that makes me smell like battery acid

its a shit drug, there are lots of other ways to get high

>its a shit drug, there are lots of other ways to get high

Always listen to a Jew advice...