In the history of Western Cinema and Television has there ever been as big a fuck up on part of corporation as that of...

In the history of Western Cinema and Television has there ever been as big a fuck up on part of corporation as that of the Kemono Friends fiasco going on in Japan right now?

An organization SO misunderstanding why they got a mega hit that they managed to destroy the entire brand in less than a week?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/irodori7
youtube.com/watch?v=gKYU4V6t0VU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Give me a quick rundown on what happened to my little furry fiends

Kemono Friends was a dead in a water franchise that Kadokawa pawned off to have Yaoyorozu (a small animation studio) and Tatsuki (a small time director) to make an anime for

Through sheer DETERMINATION, HARD WORK AND NEVER GIVE UP ATTITUDE they manage to win the hearts of Asia with this show despite how visually subpar it is. It was basically "The Little Engine that could" in real life. It becomes the single most profitable anime in YEARS, an actual 100% new IP that surged in popularity not only with Otaku, but with normal people as well. Like a Modern Micky Mouse.

Kadokawa and Yaoyorozu are negotiating the S2 contract. Kadokawa wants to seize more control of the show, Yaoyorozu tells them "No, you gave us free reign back when you thought it was a flop, we don't want to. Kadokawa then goes "You either agree or we drop you" Yaoyorozu says "Well then, goodbye"

This leads to Tatsuki, the director who was the biggest hype man for the series unceremoniously learning he's been removed from the series despite being the soul of the franchise and who has devoted all his time to tending to the fanbase and building hype.

Tatsuki tweets everyone that he's been removed and goes to bed. Asian Twitter explodes, with his tweet becoming one of Japan's most retweeted messages ever. What follows has been Kadokawa trying to pawn off the blame constantly and failing, forcing Seiyu's to apologize and act as shields (pissing more people off), members of the Industry AND THEIR PARENT COMPANY expressing concerns, the story being reported ON ACTUAL NEWS STATIONS, all before a shareholders meeting, in which they have to tell their shareholders that despite their falling profits for YEARS and fuck up with other series, that they totally made the right call in squandering what WAS the most profitable and marketable new IP in years.

I love Japan sometimes.

Ayyy
dumb gooks

And now nips are planning a boycott on all Kadokawa-related products

you'll have to aware me on the Kemono Friends fiasco friend, i'm not a weeb

>It becomes the single most profitable anime in YEARS, an actual 100% new IP that surged in popularity not only with Otaku, but with normal people as well. Like a Modern Micky Mouse.
never heard of it

I miss Big O. Season 3 would have been nice.

Dropped it halfway through the first episode cause of CG desu. Noticed it got a shitton of doujins but I didn't realize it was so popular.

I love Big O too.
Shame we will never get any definitive conclusion.
It might be better this way, though. I like the ambiguous ending.

>an actual 100% new IP
wasn't it based on a gacha game that got pulled a few weeks before the show aired?

and many a pinky was severed that day....

It's popularity is centered in Asia. It's so popular that the Chinese, Koreans and Japanese have literally STOPPED fighting with each other just to unite and shit on Kadokawa. These are the same people who LAUGH at the other when a natural disaster hits their country, but are now united in hatred for this one company.

Also the face of the company looks like a Child Predator. And they've already had to explain to their share holders WHY they fucked up another super profitable series called Kancolle and had to apologize and that wasn't NEARLY as popular.

I meant in the sense that it wasn't using a Manga/Video Game/LN as a springboard, because it's LN and games were total flops that helped in no way.

Convince me to watch this show

i only like the emperor penguin and the shoebill they are cute

ur a fag

And.....??

I still don't really get it. The show is not good. Or maybe it's too japanese like that Shin-Chan shit. Firing the director was a dumb move though, he must have been doing something right.

Can I see the tweet? I want to see the numbers it had.

>An organization SO misunderstanding why they got a mega hit that they managed to destroy the entire brand in less than a week

Can't think of many. Fox cancelling Family Guy comes to mind, as does Nickelodeon's handling of The Legend of Korra.

It's average at best. The first 2 episodes are not good at all. It's a post apocalyptic adventure show about learning to do your best.

People liked it a lot more because of the story of it being an underdog studio trying it's hardest despite the odds to make a half way decent show, not a great one.

>Weeaboo drama
Fuck off

So Kadokawa edit when?

I don't understand the hate season 2 gets. Schwarzwald has some amazing moments, the charm is still there for the most part, Alan Gabriel was a great villain, etc.

i thought that would be enough to convince you

Is anime really that popular? The way watching it makes it seem is that nobody fucking watches it since it's apparently impossible to consistent quality or even more than 1 season for most shows

Fox not buying star wars for basically nothing when they had the chance comes to mind

twitter.com/irodori7

The tweet in question. Also his name was trending along with the drama but Twitter is now supressing it.

And he was only removed because Yaoyorozu left because in Japanese business, that was basically a dishonorable display, so they wanted to wipe the slate clean

I shit you not, Japan's GDP has noticeable dips depending on how shit that's season's anime are.

Interesting story, politics behind anime shows and manga can be mysterious and baffling.
I enjoyed Terrafomers S1 with the over the top violence and action but S2 turns into LOL so quirky with a completely different style and tone.
It will be interesting to see how things turn out for KF

how about you take this over to Sup Forums?

With quads like that, will you be my boyfriend, user-kum?~

Something ameritards and eurotrash seem to be incapable of unfortunately.

no. just watch this weeb show with the animals

>all Kadokawa-related products
lol good luck with that

The shift to digital animation was noticeable. It wasn't a dealbreaker but it was noticeable and weird how everything looked, and subsequent viewings make the first season look cleaner by comparison somehow. Also things started trending more toward straight up super robot, whereas the first season focused more on Roger Batsmith.

That said, still good stuff. A part of me wishes we could still get a season 3 but another part knows that's dumb, that's a bad idea. It won't work like it did with Twin Peaks.

Basically, Kemono Friends was one of those RARE RARE RARE shows that managed to sell "a dream" rather than just be a quality or interesting show. A fucking show that managed to sell "hope" which is something that only Disney has ever really managed to do in the west. The same kind of Horseshit and Pixiedust that you need a MIRACLE to convince people to buy.

And Kadokawa managed to fuck it up. They didn't wait until they'd made sure everyone involved had signed "If you say anything, we OWN YOUR ASS" contracts. They didn't wait until the brand was more stable. They didn't wait to make sure everything was safe to start risking how fragile selling a dream is.

They just assumed a man, who had devoted his entire soul to a franchise and that true pure devotion that called people to the franchise, would just shut up and not say anything when it was ripped from him. When they fired him unceremoniously when JUST THE WEEK BEFORE he was shilling new merch and products. A man who MADE MORE CONTENT FOR HIS FANS WITH HIS OWN MONEY. It's basically soulless business executives who fail to realize just what passion is, besides passion for money.

Then yeah, that sounds like the kind of shit that has to happen all the time in hollywood.

Literally what happened to Snyder and the DCEU

Del Toro and the Hobbit comes to mind.

Fucking japs are autistic, their weird, senseless corporate/hierarchy culture makes no fucking sense.

So they Kojima'd him. The nips and their business logic, I wonder how long they can go before the whole country collapses completely.

It doesn't collapse. Something new takes it place. Like a swamp

Season 2 felt like a subversion of super robot. It's heavily implied that the robots don't like pilots who treat them as a toy, or a weapon of mass destruction. Both Big Duo and Big Fau have some level of sentience to reject their respective pilots of being worthy to use them. Big Duo takes it a step further, it's so inspired by Schwartzwald's mission that it will carry out the objective.

I am a anime fan and I like cute things but I don't see the appeal of the show really. I watched about 3 episodes and stopped,

youtube.com/watch?v=gKYU4V6t0VU

This is a proper cute things anime

If you guys hate corporations so much, why don't you do anything more than shitting on them anonymously on image boards where nothing happens?