Top 3 movies thread

Post your top 3 movies and rate/judge other peoples tastes.

>A Scanner Darkly
>Burn After Reading
>The Truman Show

I haven't seen ASD but otherwise quite kino

-Synecdoche, New York
-Her
-Closer

-eyes wide shut
-tree of life
-2001 a space odyssey

>Network
>Underground
>Hedwig and The Angry Inch

Southland Tales
Memento
The Machinist

I obviously recommend it. I'm bias because it speaks to me on some level, but it's still a compelling story with an art style that lets the more bizarre moments fit in better. They'd stick out in a movie with actual humans on-screen.

Okay, I'll watch it after Blade Runner today. Make it a sci fi classics day.

Seven Samurai
Harvey
Team America: World Police

Good overall taste. The Truman Show is kino.
Not bad, but kinda boring choices.
Pretentious kino. Basically: Good taste
Network is pure kino, haven't seen the other two.
You like the "I don't know wtf is going on" character trope. Not bad, psychological films are pretty good usually.

> blues brothers
> lotr 2
> burn after reading

It changes often but currently:
Manhattan
Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Zhivago

Blues Brothers is great, but a bit dated in terms of structure and pacing. lotr2 has the best battle scene from the three. And BAR is vastly underrated. Good taste overall.

-Memento
-Eternal Sunshine
-Whiplash

The Thing
Aliens
Batman (1989)

I wish I was burn after reading sooner. Coen brothers kino

I love how that movie ends.

Okay taste. I've never really liked Woody Allen's films, and I haven't seen that second film. Dr Zhivago is great though.
Eternal Sunshine is visual kino. Whiplash is great, but weaker on repeat viewings that might just be me, and Memento is interesting. Good taste.

- There Will Be Blood
- Treasure of The Sierra Madre
- Kung Fu Hustle

>Star Wars
>Grand Budapest Hotel
>Super 8

>sloppy photoshop of a wristwatch
>haha look at this mistake
Why

Fallen Angels
Alien
Trainspotting

>Kung fu hustle
I don't think I could ever narrow down my all-time favorite movies to just three, but if I could that would make the list.

good taste

Have you seen The Wild Bunch and Straw Dogs at least? Come on user

I could've put those and Alfredo Garcia as top 3, Peckinpah is my personal prophet. But I thought I'd be more representative of my overall taste (extraordinary yet nonflashy visuals, an overwhelming sense of location, doomed romances, bittersweet endings)

Big Hero 6, Batman v Superman, Mulholland Drive

Great taste, but too much 80's. Explore more.
The first two are kino, but Shaolin Soccer is better than Kung Fu Hustle. Great taste.
Great taste. I didn't care for Super 8 though.
Kino.

Good Will Hunting
Blade Runner
Gladiator

Yes I've seen both. Straw Dogs is excellent. The Wild Bunch is good, but not a favorite of mine. From what I've seen I agree with you on Peckinpah. I'll add Alfredo Garcia to my watchlist.

Children of men
Once upon a time in the West
The princess bride
Watership down
Little big man

Best one so far

Okay taste. Mulholland Drive is great, and Big Hero 6 is neat, but seriously fuck BvS, it wasn't the worst thing ever, but it was a clusterfuck
Nice digits, so so taste. None of your picks are bad, but hit and miss for me personally.

- throne of blood
- children of men
- akira

>The Thing
>The Big Lebowski
>Leon the Professional

there will be blood
one flew over the cuckoo's nest
american beauty

Great
Good
Good
Great
Meh
Pretty good taste.
Great taste.
Good taste.
Good taste.

I can vouch for every one of his movies aside from Deadly Companions, Osterman Weekend, Killer Elite and Convoy. I'll probably watch those eventually because I like the others so much and often disagree with the critics about them anyway. Ride the High Country and Major Dundee are both quite good but the ones from 69-74 are when he was able to fully execute his style. The ones we were talking about are a cut above the rest but they're all really good. Cross of Iron has a mediocre (for Peckinpah) first half but picks up immensely after they're left to die behind enemy lines. It also has a lot of legit soviet tanks and stuff if you're a history buff and was shot on location in Yugoslavia iirc.

Also have you seen Manhattan? Because I'm not a huge fan of most of Allen's other stuff either, but that one is magic

>The Skin I Live In
>Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
>Bubble Boy

I saw most of Manhattan. Never finished it. I'm planning on rewatching a lot of his stuff because it's been a while and I should reevaluate; Manhattan will be the first one of his that I watch.

I'll also check out more Peckinpah when I can. I'm a busy college student, not a lot of time to enjoy and appreciate film sadly

Interesting taste.

Honestly whiplash gets better every time I watch it

Straw Dogs was great. I need to watch more peckinpaw

>Punch Drunk Love
>Buffalo '66
>Julien Donkey-Boy

Not bad. Burn is underrated Cohen.
Eh. Can't do Allen.
Whiplash is decent and the only thing praiseworthy is Simmons acting.
I wanna see Sierra Madre only because your other two choices are fantastic.
One good movie between 2 shite films.
Fallen Angels is my number #4. We cool.
Solid taste.

I can understand that. I just disliked the mc so much that it impeaded my enjoyment on repeat viewings

I guess I'll take that as a compliment.

Good taste.

La Haine
Jaws
The Shining

It was. Eternal Sunshine is one a my favorites. I haven't seen The Skin I Live In (heard of it), and Bubble Boy just seemed like an interesting choice.

For this kind of reaction. To make people look for it. Like the panty shot of Emma Watson.

La Haine is French kino. Great taste.

>akira
Do you mean the anime?
I hope not because the comics are epic compared to it

I know that feel (having to reevaluate), as I get older and my taste becomes more sophisticated I find myself wanting to watch a lot of movies I've seen before and know are good but also know I could glean a lot more from now. I'm 23 now and spent my 22nd year traveling around the US going to museums and shit (had literally never seen any notable art as I grew up in a small isolated town) and it's like I have an entirely different set of eyes now compared to before the trip or even in the first few months of it. Unfortunately for every great movie I saw in my pleb years there are a dozen I haven't seen at all, so those usually get priority. It's a daily dilemma. Good luck user, hope you're able to find more time to pursue this interest soon

Jurassic Park
Fellowship of the Ring
Lost in Translation

here-here
spent the majority of my 2nd freshman semester going through scans of that, watched the movie afterwards and felt like if I blinked I missed a good part of the Everything.