Horror blockbuster “It” has turned into a box office monster...

>Horror blockbuster “It” has turned into a box office monster, crossing the $500 million milestone in worldwide grosses — making it officially the top horror film of all time.

ITT: times Sup Forums was wrong

Good job New Line Cinema.

I literally feel sick to my stomach knowing that my money contributed to this and that I was stupid enough to fall for the meme that "It (2017)" was anything more than a shitty jumpscare movie

Delicious tears

AND DRUMPF CAN'T SEE IT LOL

will Sup Forums ever be right?

Can you imagine if it was actually a good film.

Spiderman: Homecoming

Has that tripfag killed himself yet?

I liked it. Thought it was a really well done movie. No underlying political message. Just a couple of kids trying to overcome their fears and a demon from outer space.

what? Sup Forums's been shilling it non-stop.

>tfw going to see it a second time

we're probably looking at 5 or 6 more films in this franchise by now, right?

Sup Forums is never wrong, its the concentrated group of faggots that always spams that is always wrong.

t. le atmospheric brainlet redditor

yeah getting angry over insignificant bullshit often leads to stomach aches

Ive seen it 3 times, once with my brothers, once with my dad and once with my sister, her bf and one of her girl friend she hooked me up with. Its a modern age goonies.

>Getting this asshurt over a good movie being successful
'Inhales'

Name one ((ONE)) time Sup Forums was right about something. Ghostbusters and Ghost in the Shell don't count because everyone wanted those to fail.

Oh fuck off it was way better than than most of the shit they try to pass as horror these days.

Based Finn

imagine if you weren't a contrarian faggot.

>he went in expecting to be spooked
Where that's your fault. The trailers showed this movie to be a kekfest, and I was down to clown and it did not disappoint. Easily one of the funniest films I've seen in a long time. Unintentionally yes, but still entertaining.

It was no different than those movies.

>implying a King Cinematic Universe would be a bad thing

>Seeing it for the fourth time with family.
So this is that thing they call "movie magic."

And it only cost $35m to make. even if they spent twice that on marketing they've made a shit load of money.

The ItsGonnaFlop guy? I heard he killed himself

>Thought it was a really well done movie
elaborate. it was anything but well done. it felt so rushed its unbelieavable

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

- The year Sup Forums LITERALLY got blown the Fuck out by Wonder Woman and It

Sup Forums is never right

So glad a good movie got to make money for once.

Excited to see the horror kino that'll come out in the wake of this.

>a good movie
It was shit.
>Excited to see the horror kino that'll come out in the wake of this
Yeah I'm really looking forward to the dogshit PG-13 jumpscare movies that will come out too

reminder that Sup Forums is ALWAYS wrong
ghostbusters doesn't count because everyone on the internet knew it was gonna be shit and flop

>PG-13
It was R, a 6 year old gets his arm torn off within the first 5 minutes.

>15 years from now are kids will have sleepovers with their friends and watch IT in the living room late and night making childhood memories that will never be forgotten.

IT has become a horror icon among the greats like Freddy and Jason and I'm happy to have helped make this future a reality.

>B-but it was supposed to flop
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

>IT does well
>Blade Runner 2049 is kino
>TLJ is the ESB of the new trilogy
>JL is hilariously bad
>Marvel cancels The Defenders
>All tripfags die in a mysterious gay nightclub fire

Will she get too popular?

It wasn't a bad movie, but it followed modern horror cliches I hate and I just never found It to be scary. Pennywise is just a shitty Freddy Krueger who plays with his food rather than actually be productive.

You're shit, go back to RLM threads.

>HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
i dont care about movie success as im not part of the movie industry. but the movie wasnt well made. thats obvious. i expected a Sup Forums-bro to be able to distinguish the trash from the kino

>they're all the same person trying to dismiss IT as lowbrow

I'm waiting for the tripfag to show up in this thread still saying the movie hasn't made a profit

it's still crappola

>But the movie wasn't well made, this is obvious
What a fucking pretentious post, holy shit.

>Cmon, man, help a bro out, I'm desperate

Honestly it was the only way out for him.

Speak of the devil

cool. i really liked the movie. cant wait for part 2.

It's really not well made at all. It's bloated and the scares lack nuance. All the jump scenes may as well be Eustace Banks in a mask going "OOGA BOOGA BOOGA"

get a load of this guy wanting his horror movies to be good lel

im still here, they wont see any profit until it reaches at least 600 mil though, so i dont understand what the fuss is all about

Why did Stephen King include an underage gangbang in the original book?

>more focus on Mike, the only kid who was snubbed
>darker and scarier take for the second half
>kids returning for new scenes in flashbacks
>Turtle and Deadlights confirmed
>budget probably much better
>extended bluray cut will be 15 minutes longer
>there will be a cut with both films edited together like the novel

/HYPE/

Yeah well it won't make a billion so HA

Based Muschietti

>no tripcode
Clearly a pale imitation

a decade fuled by drugs. hes the male equivilant of carrie fisher

Read the book and find out, it's one of the most important scenes.

I paid 1.70$ to see it. I'd rather return my money senpaitachi.

>Carrie Fisher
>Carrie
>a novel by Stephen King

i liked it
my favorite part was when the psychotic white boi got BLACKED

I mean I think he meant why specifically having kids fuck each other. There's probably other, less fucked up ways that could have served the same purpose.

>Hollywood shouldn't try to remake old movies, they don't make money
>1 out of 3 remakes keeps breaking records
I don't hate "It" and actually like it but I hate keeping this hollywood alive instead of new risk with movies

how deep does it go?

Get rekt homo

Is not a horror film

Is this evidence of the Mandela Effect

One of the big themes in King books is about kids being very adult like in their behavior, their complexity, and in the dangers they face. He also focuses a lot on rites of passage into adulthood in IT. This is kind of the big group one, but there are other, less weird rites as well

It would have been PG-13 in the 2000s.

No it wouldn't

Your gif is from an awesome movie, but you clearly have shit taste. I'm conflicted.

You could do that without having kids fuck.

Err..no

Sup Forums said that and GOTG2 would both make over a billion. So I agree.

>in King's books

In virtually all books that center around kid's that age.

>What a fucking pretentious post, holy shit.
how is it pretentious? okay lets go in detail:

- the whole exposition was rushed. ben and the black guy (no idea what his name is) feel FORCED into the group. Ben out of nowhere reads through those history books. That felt really weird. its like saying to the audience "oh yeah mhh well he knows stuff from the books hehehe lets continue with out action scenes, okay?". why not show him go to the library out of nobody to hang out with? why not show him getting interested into the story of the city because he by chance go info on some weird incident in the past? this is all handled hamfistedly.

- the bullys are way over the top. during the later stage is apparent that at least the main guy is influenced by IT but during the early stage this is not the case as far as we can tell from the movie.

- everyone confessing they also had seen the clown was reaaaaly fucking weird. its like "yes i also so that supernatural clown and had these super scary things occuring... oh by the way what is our homework in math?". this is a fucking crazy realization that something supernatural is going on yet they behave like its nothing special really.

- Froggo's role was too try hard. his lines were funny but during the second half it should have been toned down

- main boy says "THIS TIME STICK TOGETHER, MKAY?" just to leave the group alone to follow georgie basically one minute later. this is beyond retarded and inexcusable.

- hypochondraic boys sidestory was handled awfully. instead of slowly realizing and accustoming afterwards to this new reality it was like a switch turned from on to off. kek. so bad. For example they could have shown him hestitating at first to cut his hand with his glass and then overcoming his fear and cutting himself during the final group scene.

- I forgot: What was the point of the slideshow in the garage? why not have them show slides with images from the towns past? Post is too long now. sorry.

Those were falseflaggers claiming that if it makes anything less than 1 billion it's a failure because Iron Man was in it.

>Those were falseflaggers

Uh huh.

do you think she called him "daddy?"

Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

So, what are your thoughts on IT passing $500 million in 20 days?

Those figures still do not translate into a profit.
The real budget has yet to be revealed and WB is still promoting the movie with advertising.
The movie continues to add to its budget every time one of those ads runs.
Being that October is around the corner, they will beef up advertising, meaning more money will be spent.

>this damage control
The movie cost $35 million to make. Even if they spent twice that on marketing it would still turn an enormous profit. And no they don't spend $100+ million on marketing for a $35 million movie, that's not how shit works.

Stop engaging him, he keeps moving the goal post. Even if you pulled out the tax sheets proving him wrong he'll come up with something else. Look what he is doing now, he'll use some shit logic that the only way to be sure is wait till rights change hands so we have definitive proof how much money it made.

This tripfag got called out every time he makes some big show, first he said it would make 35 mil and it did, then twice and it did, then three times and it did, then 300 mil and what happened its at 400 mil. Now the fucker is using some bullshit argument, he is a pure bred cunt who can't take his head out of his ass and admit fault.

Jesus Christ

C U C K
U
C
K

>Sue Kroll, president of worldwide marketing and distribution at Warner Bros, praised the cast and crew, saying “Crossing $500 million is rarified air for any film, but for a horror film it is history-making, and we could not be prouder,”.

COULD
NOT
BE
PROUDER