I'm surprised how well this show holds up. Hate everything else Whedon has done...

I'm surprised how well this show holds up. Hate everything else Whedon has done, but the performances really bring the writing and characters to life. Great production too; Sets, costumes, and even the special effects are on point.

Yeah they did this interesting thing when they actually built the whole ship interior on one piece, so you have scenes were they go from the bridge to the cargo bay in take.

bump

Firefly is a fun one to binge watch on a random weekend for sure. As you said it holds up incredibly well, it just always makes me bitter that it never got to properly finish.

Also sucks that Whedon has become one of the biggest faggots and will never do anything with it again. Best hope at this point is that Fillion is able to get the rights somehow and does another movie or mini series himself with it.

Still my favorite show. Cast, characters, and performances spun together perfectly. On top of that, the writing is neither minimal nor excessive. The realism of it is legendary.This show was lightning in a bottle.

desert/wildwest episodes were shit

pleb

goat and proof that we're not allowed good things

Am I the only one that hates Christina Hendricks character for being a typical scam-men-for-money slut? I was loving the series, and she pops up and I start hating it because of her.

i can see where you're coming from but i really like her interactions with the rest of the characters

>Am I the only one that hates Christina Hendricks

yes faggot

She's great for her body, but all her characters are based on her body, not her acting skills.

fair enough

it got the amount of time it deserved. better shows had less, worse shows had much more. it got a whole series and a film directed and produced by the original creator. let it go.

>all her characters are based on her body
All the characters in firefly are defined by their bodies. Inara's character is also "lol she's beautiful and talented." I guess you like Inara because she's respectful? Saffron was a legitimately dangerous enemy who was able to use companion arts with her sexy body. We never learn how she got that training, or her real name. I thought she was a great personification of the transient space trash who launch themselves from one life to another, rarely retracing steps, trying to survive and prosper by any means necessary.

Also her acting was not that bad. I don't like sassy television either, but Saffron is a murderous criminal and she's entitled to speak her mind.

no one ITT is saying the show should have gotten more episodes

It seems a little pessimistic to say this is the best possible form of the best possible show. Of course it could have used at least a full season, are you serious?

proof of why you cant have a hit unless the cia is involved

well that'd be a first

>It seems a little pessimistic to say this is the best possible form of the best possible show.
i didn't say that

>are you serious?
yes

if only Whedon had been willing to make the alliance an explicit allegory to NATO, excluding the chinese. funding guaranteed.

K I N O

I'm trying to get it straightened out ya baboon.
You're saying it's shit, because it deserved to be canceled right away.
or
You're saying it's best like this, any more would have automatically been worse.

i'm saying the series was fine, and the film was good, and thus it had a very solid amount of time dedicated to it. enjoy what's available, it could have been worse.

TAKE MY LAND TAKE MY HAND
TAKE WHATEVER YOU WANT FROM ME

Firefly>Buffy>Angel>pile of shit>everything else

I KNOW WHERE YOU CAN PEE
LET ME LICK YOUR COCK FOR FREE

>it could have been worse.
that's really pessimistic, it seems like this show had a chance to be greater than it turned out. Imagine the timeline where firefly has 3 seasons, don't you want to live there? IMO there's no way that show isn't a far superior BSG with more heists, mysteries, and side characters. Serenity is good but rushed in terms of plot, whedon knew it was their last ride.

pfff

>vlc
>blurry png
>"kino"

Proof the DENNIS system works.

Works due to characters/actors, great setting, and writing that, while quip-heavy, has more psychological depth than most. I, too, hate everything else Whedon has done. Maybe people underrate the cocreator (Tim something?) or maybe Whedon was just less of a cuck back then

even the quips are tasteful and on point, not shoe horned in.

Shit show only liked by garbage people with shit opinions.

>everyone speaks chinese
>no chinamen to be found on planets
>no chinamen in the military
>no chinamen in the governments

what did joss whedon mean by this

Whedon has a strange way of describing the show, as if it "came to him," he talked even at the time about how Mal would probably stomp his liberal pantywaist. The crew were the opposite of him.

>china slowly but methodically bought africa piece by piece
>sets up military bases then transports chinese like they did in tibet
>sex with africans
>centuries later all chinese descendants look like africans

the blacks you see on the show are actually chinese.

okay im sorry, i can see you loved the show. i do get it. i loved dark angel and it had 2 seasons. i think about what it could have been if it had another season etc but it doesn't matter because it didn't pan out.
>that's really pessimistic
it's not. honestly. the shows i've liked that have gone to shit, i'm happy to have thoughts about 'what if' rather than thoughts about 'i wish this had never happened'.

>that final episode

>Have you ever been raped?

Not my Kaylee nooooo

so your problem is with fans who imagine things playing out differently, and you think they should move on. I'l'l gladly move on to a rightful heir

Faggot show from a faggot writer for faggot viewers.

Say that to my face and not online and see what happens.