Will Monica Rambeau be in the Captain Marvel movie? Maybe was Carol black friend like Rhodes for Tony and Sam for Steve

Will Monica Rambeau be in the Captain Marvel movie? Maybe was Carol black friend like Rhodes for Tony and Sam for Steve.

Are they even really close friends? Like historically?

No, not at all.
I don't even think they've met that often actually.

In the comics? Don't know.

Well, the MCU needs a Black American heroine.

What characters from the comics can appear for the first time in the Carol movie?

It really is amazing how the Tumblr crowd has never once pushed the idea of Monica being an A-Lister.

Female, POC, not dependent on a male hero for her identity or powers, leader of the Avengers for a time, isn't she everything they claim to want in a hero?

Not historically

But as one of the Ultimates Monica has been hanging out with Carol a lot lately

She's been one of Carol's lieutenants in CW2

Tumblr don't read comics.

White feminists don't give two shits about black people, and only side with them when it's convenient.

Shame, Monica is 100 times better as a character then fucking boring as Carol.

And I say that as a straight white male who doesn't give 2 shits about diversity.

Only since KSD's first volume.

Would you be friends with someone like Carol?

She's better than Carol at least she is not yet another boring flying brick

Monica is like an Energy Ghost perfect for a shield agent

KSD saw those pictures Sup Forums created about how Marvel was shoving Monica into the back seat and pushing Carol and got really flustered over it on her tumblr. She said that wasn't the intent and the book (like her feminism) was going to be "intersectional", and recommended the comic in ...Which literally has a scene with Carol absorbing Monica as a power up, using her like a tool to save the day. Also there just happened to be a reporter there to take pictures of Carol doing it with Monica nowhere to be seen.

Like, I couldn't make a more appropriate example of what you're saying if I tried. And naturally KSD's Carol Corps said that anyone that claimed to be a Monica fan was just trying to troll.

At least Monica is a shit character so nobody actually cares.

our girl

Monica is the replacement Jessica.

The analogy would be more like Monica dated Carol's ex first then Monica gets pissy when the ex leaves Monica and goes back to Carol. Did *Monica* ever ask Carol if it was ok to take the Captain Marvel name which was by all rights Carol's to begin with?

That push would be forced to acknowledge that Monica already was a strong character, a black female leader of the Avengers in the 90s. Acknowledging that there is any good in ($CURRENTYEAR$ -1) is verboten because it collapses their ideology upon itself.

Tumblrites are so deep in denial that the 90s were vastly better times when it came to gender and race relations its not even funny. I'll allow that its only been in the past decade or so that the rainbow crowd has made significant progress but pretending that western women were subservient until the 21st century is delusional.

Monica wont be used worth a damn until she has a writer who has at least a passing interest in science. She isn't a generic energy blaster, she can turn her physical body into any wavelength of electromagnetic energy, a science-nerd writer would have a helluva fun time writing that character.

Monica didn't even know Mar-Vell existed when she got that name.

Plus I think Carol was depowered by Rogue around the time Monica showed up and didn't get powers again until she became Binary

The first thing she did was run off to join the Avengers as hero-in-training, did you think nobody mentioned "hey one of our members with that name fairly recently died, sure you dont wanna reconsider?"

And Carol's status at the time doesn't really matter. Monica is getting snotty in that image over Carol taking "her" name when 1) she took someone else's name herself, 2) she had no reasonable claim to it at all, and 3) the person she is getting snotty with *did* have a reasonable claim to the name.

Not saying its bad writing, if the intention is to make Monica come across that petty and hypocritical then spot-on performance.

>did you think nobody mentioned "hey one of our members with that name fairly recently died, sure you dont wanna reconsider?"
AFAIK nobody did.
Blame the writers, but that's the canon.

Because they'd have to admit that the narrative is wrong.

The narrative goes as follows:
>before: women in Marvel got no respect, no respect
>[current year]: woman becomes Captain Marvel!!! so progressive!!!

If they admitted Monica existed, they'd have to admit that
>there already was a female Captain Marvel (two, to be exact)
>she's a black heroine, which is still a rare sight in "progressive" Marvel – while white heroines like Carol have been in Marvel since the 60s
>she was leader of the Avengers
>in the 1980s

That's why white Tumblrinas have pretty much unpersoned her

>KSD saw those pictures Sup Forums created about how Marvel was shoving Monica into the back seat and pushing Carol and got really flustered over it on her tumblr. She said that wasn't the intent and the book (like her feminism) was going to be "intersectional", and recommended the comic in (OP)
Links/screencaps?

They'll lez out eventually right? For you know progressive reasons

>the person she is getting snotty with *did* have a reasonable claim to the name.

Just because the codename was used by your kinda sorta ex-boyfriend doesn't give you a reasonable claim to it. Plus Carol was on her second codename by the time Mar-Vell died, went thorough two more name changes before calling herself Captain Marvel, and never once raised an objection to anyone else using the Captain Marvel name in the several years since Mar-Vell's death.

Captain Marvel

>there already was a female Captain Marvel (two, to be exact)
Wasn't the other female Captain Marvel a lesbian too?

>implying Marvel will ever let a black woman have any sort of interesting relationship
Nah, Carol will lez out with Jessica

Yeah
And what's more important, not a two-dimensional cardboard cutout

>Best Captain relegated to token best friend
Fuck this gay Earth.

It's okay. Spectrum and the Blue Marvel have become the best battle couple in present-day Marvel Comics.

Well, now Carol can say she's not racist because she has a black friend

Auntie Monica is best Monica.

>Best Captain relegated to armcandy to Mary Sue Not!SuperRichards
How is that any better?

Suppossedly she's gonna be her black roomate, which is fucking retarded, also Mar-vell doesn't even exist.

Really hating everything I hear about the film.

Carol's not boring, but they're probably gonna cut the best parts of her out, and give her no faults like they did for her recently.

Like apparently Bendis' way of her putting her alchoholism, and fucked self esteem behind her was to just memory wipe her and make her jerk superman. Just wiped all her flaws, job done.

Bendis was the first writer in years to mention Carol's alcoholism. He even had her going to an AA meeting

KSD is the one who sanitized her and mind wiped her

Wait, so was he the one who brought her back to her top shit in dark avengers? During the whole skrull avengers thing? That "watch it die in space" bit and the part when she zapped an entire crowd with enouygh volts to drop anyone but a skrull?

bad idea to put the superior Captain Marvel in carol's movie

You could totally make it work if they made it a legacy kinda hero. Like Monica gives her the mantle, or someone else does and explains exactly who the marvels were. Especially since she's just gonna randomly get her powers from an explosion somewhere, or worse, skrull tech exploding/irradiating her during the first avengers or soem shit.

Captain Marvel Wars when?!
>Mar-Vell
>Carol
>Monica
>Genis-Vell
>Phyla-Vell
>Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy
>Mel-Varr/Captain Kree
>Kamala
>Karla
>Kl'rt
I really want Phyla and Genis Vell back, did they ever met before both were removed from 616?
But also for all the characters that held the moniker of "Captain Marvel" to duke it out ala Battle of the Cowl and/or Spider-Verse

If Kamala can come, so can this girl

I kinda want a big "Carol gering told" event where they bring them all back to tell her how wrong she is and to showcase the legacy to KSD-fags.
Maybe Eling can conjure up something to make it happen.
Sunspot might have reason to do that, too.

YES! Why isn't this happening sooner? Name it Avengers Arena III or Marvel Arena.

Just have it be Marvel Wars, and bring in Blue Marvel, Wendell Vaughn (Marvel Boy) and Jean Grey (Marvel Girl). And Rachel Summers, why not.

But should it be a cosmic level story or stay on earth for the whole event??
We need a great writer that can tap into all these different Marvels.

>We need a great writer
KSD, of course

Her role will be to shout "YASS, QUEEN!"

So what has happened to the Nextwave Squad?

The legacy angle should definitely be one of the main points of the story

Monica haRambeau

Nobody wanted to touch it for a while, be it for the confusion over it's canonicity, fear of backlash or just plain not caring about them. Aaron got some play in Marvel Zombies and is coming back for Mercs for Money, Tabitha showed up on X-Force a while back, Captain showed up to give sage counsel for Nova recently.

Monica got a bunch of play in Mighty Avengers and Ultimates, but it's always the least focused on character on this episode books. Elsa seems to be getting a push since Secret Wars.

right after Nextwave ended Aaron showed up in Carol's Ms. Marvel book as a team member. He gets some REALLY good lines.

based Ewing, in his Might Avengers run, confirmed that Nextwave was canon. The reason for all the bizarre shit: it was a faction of Beyonders fucking with them for shits and grins.

A Nextwave movie would make bank. Get the same costume designer for the Amazon show, The Tick, Edgar Wright to Direct, and cast Simon Pegg as Machine Man. Dylan Moran as The Captain. I don't know who to pick for Monica though.

>All this love for Monica
And people keep telling me Sup Forums hates black characters

Sup Forums likes cute girls more

She is great in Stern's Avengers.

It helps that we hate nuCarol.

>interest
And they wouldn't have fun with Carol? She can also absorb energy. And when she's binary, she's powered by a black hole, can comtrol gravity, flh through rhe sun, etc.

Why do cucks feel the need to downplay Carol's "generic" powers to make Monica sound cool?

Jessica Drew, Carol's supposedly best friend.

Because she makes no use of her interesting powers in favor of DBZ energy blasts and punching real good 90% of the time?

that's just because most of her writer's are shit and it's easier to write "carol punches something" than "carol uses her ___power to do _____"

Arm candy? That's reductionist.

totes

It's also an apt descriptor. Ewing does a lot of good stuff, writing Monica isn't one of them.

I really, really hope so.
I want to see this on the big screen someday.
Best Captain is Mar-Vell.
Carol's still above Monica regardless.

>Monica is 100 times better as a character then fucking boring as Carol.
...You sure you've got those the right way around?
Give me some memorable personality traits. Even in her "best" comic Monica was the no-fun-allowed straight man. She's more likable or responsible or heroic, but by the same token a FUCKTON less nuanced.
Do you even read the comics you shitpost about?

>no TEDDEH
ree

By the time her movie comes out the Thor movies will be done with and Hemsworth will be moving on.
The flying brick niche is wide open, this isn't The Annihilators.

I am okay with this.

It gives her more of a claim to it that fucking Monica by all reasonably margins.
This isn't Genis or Phylla or even the Skrull bitching, Monica got the name because a fucking hobo shouted it at reporters. Even Noh-Varr has a stronger claim to it, being Kree and all. Mon's cool but as part of the Captain Marvel family tree goes she's the ginger stepkid.

Mar-Vell
Mar-Vell's kids
Supreme Intelligence
StarfOHHHH SHIT BRB MAKING THREAD

Honestly it woukd be better if they hated each other. Also Monica>Carol.

>Beyonders
Technically, they indicate that they're Debasers, a separate-but-related species.

Shut up before they hear you user. is correct. PoC and other minority issues are just brownie points to score so that they look like they're knowledgeable about issues outside their sphere of influence.

Monica would have made sense to push from a number of target groups you can hit, but marvel would have fucked it just the same.

Who can say who will appear in the Marvel movie? Only safe bet right now is that Tony will get connected to it somehow.

>Thinking it'd survive test audiences

If I had a blue ring user...

Jess better be in the goddamn movie

Does Sony has Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman movie rights?

as the love interest

>dealing with ex-anything like that

I don't get that shit. If you're not together anymore, what right do you have to do or say or get to know anything? Seriously, someone expain that dramatic bullshit to me.