What do you think of this?

What do you think of this?

I had no idea this existed until I saw it in the DVD section at my Walmart.

It's based on the creepypasta story "Candle Cove". Truth be told I've always found creepypasta to be mediocre but I have always loved the Candle Cove story. Apparently the show has pretty high ratings but I've never seen anyone mention it before. If you have seen it, let me know if it's any good. How far does it strain away from the original story and how much did they add to it?

>0.1 average
>pretty high ratings

It is very good. But don't Sup Forums, they only watch blockbusters.

The first season was terrible and couldn't finish it

Heard it was pretty good, but haven't caught it yet

It's in my rotation.

I wasn't that into it honestly but the new season is pretty good.

Max Landis is /our guy/!

>new season

oh shit i didn't know it came out. I really liked Candle Cove

Max is an autistic faggot compared to his dad.

>0.1 average

Where do you get that from?

How far could they possibly go with it? Seems like something that could be good as a feature length and not a multiple season TV show. What station even plays this?

I believe he means viewership ratings.

its like AHS where every new season is a new creepypasta

Ah.. but it's not trash where the writers have rape fetishes they implement in every season, right?

It had a lot of potential, but was pretty mediocre overall. Way better than any of the AHS I watched, though. I'll probably check out the second season at some point.

The rape fetish parts are like the only good parts of AHS.

Don't be edgy. It's all garbage.

Using a creepypasta so blatantly really bugs me for some reason. No one owns that stuff, but that's kind of the point, isn't it? Are you able to make money off something like that? Should you? I dunno, I just can't help but think it's weird.

>No one owns that stuff
Why would you think that? The author automatically owns it unless he signed off the rights to the website it was posted on (or didn't read the ToS).

Rubs me the wrong way to a certain extent, but hey, if the original authors wanted to protect their intellectual property, they could've. Since they didn't and until they do, it's fair game.

It was posted about when it came out you fuckinging idiot

They ask the original authors first, I read in an article that they don't even adapt creepypastas where they can't find the original author.

Aside from the murdering an adult and two children thing and feeling no remorse for it John is a pretty cool guy.

This show had ZERO advertising, I'm a big creepypasta-fag and I never heard of it except a few threads on Sup Forums. If this shit had a big marketing campaign it could be huge.

What is your problem. Not everyone lurks on here 24/7.

You are fag. Why dont you stay on reddit with the rest of the queers?

season 2 is fucking great so far

that isn't the creator of the show

Reported. Go back to Sup Forums with your shitposting.

You know its against the rules to report a report? i was just messing around but you really are fresh off the boat, likely a triggered homo as well. I'll never understand why someone like you would come here.

>I'll never understand why someone like you would come here.
To contribute to the thread. I'll never understand why you come on here when you don't add anything to it except shit up the place.

If someone is a dumb fuck they should be called out on it. Im sorry you've lived such a sheltered existence.

To be fair No End House is also a way better CP than Candle Cove. Candle Cove is overrated as fuck.

Except no one was being a dumb fuck or was called out on anything. You got assblasted because you can't handle the idea that someone may have missed a previous talking about the current topic which is autistic as hell.. Getting angry about it is incredibly childish.
>oh I was just messing around

The story or the show?

>autistic as hell
Thats just regular behavior here.

Well this fucking sucks

The story.
Well No End House also falls apart around part 3 or 4 I think, when the writer introduces the retarded witches shit.

If it sucks at least the original will be looked upon as an even greater film than it already is.

Who am I kidding. It will suck. Max can't make good movies. He wrote chronicle which was okay at best. It also doesn't help that you're remaking a film that's already close to perfect. It's not a situation like Maniac Cop or some shitty slasher franchise where the films were already flawed as fuck.

Shit, really? That's actually pretty decent of them. How do they track someone like that down anyway?

Look up the original post, ask the site owner for the ip then look up the address? I'm guessing, don't know if they owner would be allowed to give it even if it's for something good.

It's good. The ending is kind of a downer, though. Monsters in the ending aren't really explained, nor is the "teeth man" you see in the image.

Basing it off candle cove is good though.

Great set up, disappointing pay off.

Are they making another season?

Actually looked up the show, turns out the writer, Kris Straub, already wrote and did stuff, and still does stuff. I always imagined creepypasta to be anonymous stories circulated like urban legends with no clear author, but damn. Kills the spookiness a little bit. Especially when Straub himself refers to Scream as a 'traditional horror'.

Yes, it's currently airing.

I think news of Season 3 is that it's not using creepypasta.

I don't know if it was creepypasta but there was a story Pen Pal posted somewhere that was really fucking creepy.

candle cove is a retarded choice, because the creepypasta's twist is just the fact that they fucking stare at a blank tv screen. they then proceed to stretch that one line out to 6 episodes and do a horrible job at it (not to mention reveal it the first episode).

season 2 has been looking a lot better since the damn house has no end. i say looking because the second episode looks to be taking it back down path stupid instead of keeping the creepy vibe it had from the first episode. it's made worse when you realize in the creepypasta there's no end to the horrifying images they could use to keep going.

Creepypasta is anonymous stories.

Straub, however, was writing horror stories on his blog about a creepy town and they spilled into creepypasta territory.

I scrunched up my face in disgust when I saw Max Landis on RLM. I hope he never comes back on. I'm Jay by the way.

>Watching RLM
user.

Tried to finish the first season twice, got bored halfway through both times.

Mike forces me

You're joke doesn't work because I don't watch whatever cancer you're referencing.

>you're joke