Where's the hype?

Where's the hype?

Does anyone even care about this movie?

We're only three months away.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X_cpHJFa-Cc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Only three months? I don't know why, but I really don't care.

that's the official poster?

Sorry, I don't watch Disney flicks only made to sell toys to grade schoolers and manchildren nu-males

disney realized they fucked up soft rebooting the franchise and would rather not hype up TLJ so it doesnt blow up in their faces

I'm hyped to dissect and criticize it if it sucks, which there's about a 99% chance of happening. I'm looking forward to watching long analytical negative reviews of it on YouTube.

if Rey doesn't fall to the dark side, I'm done with it

youtube.com/watch?v=X_cpHJFa-Cc

Contributing to the hype. Who are The Knights Of Ren?

>Caring about Capeshit Wars

Patiently waiting. I'm ready to see it now tho. Can't wait

New Star Wars is empty, soulless corporate-driven nonsense

Only shit movies have aggressive advertising. Disney must believe in this movie.

I assumed they were other Jedi luke was training to also turned to the dark side

Yeah I think that too. Will they be killed by Luke?

You brainlets can't even remember what it was like 2 years ago. TFA didn't have shit for marketing until the trailer in October. Then it started getting tv spots, commercials, posters, international trailers every other day all the way until release and I remember you all bitching about it being too much. It's going to happen again with TLJ after the trailer drops on Oct 9 and you'll all go back to bitching about it being too much. Sup Forums doesn't understand Star Wars, Sup Forums just wants to get mad at anything about Star Wars.

the marketing machine will fire up after the trailer in october

underrated comment.

Im much more hyped about a potential Mr. Plinkett review if TLJ truly does suck like The Force Awakens did.

If you didnt realize there was no hope of star wars ever being good agin after tfa you deserve whatever shit they give you

>Sup Forums doesn't understand Star Wars, Sup Forums just wants to get mad at anything about Star Wars.
Sup Forums understood very quickly disney wars is garbage.

TFA was the first Star Wars in a decade, so people were hyped. Disney has turned Star Wars into an annual thing, so there's going to be less hype.

This. People have been bitching for months "there's no Star Wars hype this time." Once the trailer premieres on Oct. 9, there will be no escaping Star Wars for the following 2 months.

They also used it to push retarded social agendas instead of just making a fun adventure movie.

I can't wait for all the over-the-top trailer reaction videos and autistic frame-by-frame analysis. The trailer can't get here soon enough.

why do redditshits throw tantrums when nobody is interested in the garbage that they like?
"pleaase validate meeeee"

All I know is a week before this movie releases, I am off Sup Forums completely and making sure I see this on opening night because I wanna have in some of the spoiling fun.

Also, we may be able to make Sup Forums great again with some Star Wars threads.

>TFA didn't have shit for marketing until the trailer in October.
Actually the first trailer was earlier in year.

I remember because my film teacher was so excited that he screened the teaser to us.

Thats pretty embarrassing user. Which part of the 90s were you born in?

>Which part of the 90s were you born in?
94 and why can't I have some fun online? btw I was lucky to not be spoiled by Han dying by his son Kylo Ren and def not gonna be spoiled by this movie cos rumor is the plot twist is even bigger than the episode 5 one.

Who cares

garbage characters no one cares about because Disney killed off 20 year's worth of expand universe lore

Why does Luke look so evil in this poster? Seems dumb if he's gonna turn out to be the villain and they give it away this early.

That said, I am going to be very careful with spoilers this time. I ran into the Han Solo thing pretty much immediately with TFA because I wasn't careful. Funny thing is I didn't even spoil it here, I was on /r/Sup Forums and they had the spoiler as the titlebar text because they're a bunch of jackasses.

There is no hype because people have become numb to hype. Each year that goes by more "blockbusters" are released and more people have seen more of them in their lives. And the more of them there are, the more important they become.

Every instance of hype is less each time it occurs now. Young people who would usually be counted on to become excited for a movie like this have already seen two dozen others like it.

Beyond all that, there is nothing technically impressive about this movie to look forward to. Something which was a big draw for Star Wars in the past. I don't expect this movie to have any segment which will showcase something I haven't seen before.

ferone?

Fun online is one thing. Paying to watch disney shitting on star wars, thats something else.

proof star whores hype is coming from leddit

The later stuff like the Yuuzhan Vong or whatever doesn't seem all that great anyway but I am mad that they trashed some really cool stuff like Dash Rendar and Wraith Squadron. And then they went and reused the Jacen Solo plot point anyway so it's like what the fuck, if you're going to use the EU why the fuck did you kill it?

If you didnt know han was going to die the moment you heard they were making new star wars you must be dumb as fuck.

I thought all of us used Reddit. I came here from /r/gameofthrones because everyone said the generals on Sup Forums were pretty good. And so far... they've been epic.

I can't wait for The Empire Strikes Back 2! I've already bought my tickets, with Disney on board you know it'll will be a quality film for all ages.

Eventually, maybe. I didn't think they had the balls to do something like that in the very first movie. But when I found out it was kind of like "Well that explains why Harrison Ford was willing to do this even though he hates Star Wars, he only had to stick around for one movie." A shame because I actually really liked him in TFA.

>/r/Sup Forums
Go back you fucking queer

Is this bait? I really hope so. I really hope you get cancer as well.

bait

What? No, I really did come here from there. They linked a really epic thread about the Cleganebowl on Sup Forums. It was so epic I had to come here. And this place... it's just epic. Everyone's so rude and edgy like me, but also smart like me. 4Channers all speak their mind, and it's just epic.

They exist to sell more toys, that's about it

>I was on /r/Sup Forums

OH MY GOD AHAHAHA

WeLCOME TO HELL

>The later stuff like the Yuuzhan Vong or whatever doesn't seem all that great anyway but I am mad that they trashed some really cool stuff like Dash Rendar and Wraith Squadron. And then they went and reused the Jacen Solo plot point anyway so it's like what the fuck, if you're going to use the EU why the fuck did you kill it?

To claim it's their own OC, do not steal.

they had a teaser, then they had a behind the scenes video about the special effects

Dropped characters

Something that will get no development but people will still think is cool for no reason just like boba fett, IG-88, and Dengar.

Boba Fett and IG-88 have really cool designs so that's enough reason to think they're cool. And besides, all of the characters did get further development in the EU so Star Wars superfans have plenty of reasons to think they're cool. Personally I really took an interest in IG-88 after I fought him in Shadows of the Empire.

>/r/Sup Forums
GO BACK

>star wars
pfffffhh

Imagine how stupid Sup Forums would be if Flash Gordon was released today. They'd be posting webms of the special effects and going "AHAHAHAHA IT LOOKS LIKE A VIDEO GAME" and they'd call it capeshit and so on.

>The later stuff like the Yuuzhan Vong or whatever doesn't seem all that great anyway but I am mad that they trashed some really cool stuff like Dash Rendar and Wraith Squadron. And then they went and reused the Jacen Solo plot point anyway so it's like what the fuck, if you're going to use the EU why the fuck did you kill it?

they did not want to owe any star wars authors or EU creators anything.

making it all 'original' makes its all 'theirs' to use however they see fit

>The chad Flash Gordon
>The virgin Star Wars

I am going to be really pissed if the Han Solo movie is a ripoff of the Han Solo trilogy. The Battle of Nar Shaddaa is awesome but Disney is going to rip it off AND fuck it up.

TFA was also the first new Star Wars movie in a decade

And one of the most successful films of all time.

Anyone who doesn't think they're going to market Star Wars HARD is fucking stupid. I personally am receiving a weekly stipend of $300 for my services.

this is exactly how I feel

And this is how I feel: *dabs*

Don't forget the Star Wars branded apples.

There is going to be yet another death star in this movie. Are they just parodying themselves at this point?

The people in charge of Star Wars right now are stupid and can't come up with anything more intimidating to fight than a Death Star.

Which is dumb because the book writers had no problem coming up with new ideas. The Sun Crusher was much more powerful while still feeling fresh, and was used pretty uniquely. Admittedly some of the books wouldn't adapt to movies very well because not all of them are action-packed, but there are things that could work.

You know what's funny? In the books, when they tried to make something similar to the Death Star (the Darksaber project) it failed catastrophically. It makes no sense that the New Republic would allow anything resembling a Death Star to actually come to fruition, much less twice. That is my biggest frustration with the movie. With active people like Leia in charge (Leia becomes Chief of State in the books) it is completely illogical that they would be so relaxed as to let the First Order arise unchecked. But Abrams doesn't put any thought into that, because the people he's catering to don't put any thought into it either. The new Star Wars makes me actively angry because of the way it just assumes that everyone watching it is stupid. But honestly, they fucking are.

>The new Star Wars makes me actively angry because of the way it just assumes that everyone watching it is stupid. But honestly, they fucking are.
another case closed, watson. gud job.

He's right though.

Thank you.

>catering towards your target audience
well, yes. Did I imply anything else?

>implying