/trek/

Noonian Soong edition

What made Soong type androids special when we saw lots of humanoid robots in the past?

Daily reminder that O'Brien is actually Section 31 agent 2037.

What Starfleet officers are secretly S31 agents?
Answer: All of them

I forgot about the part of Waltz where a one-armed Sisko kneecaps Dukat just to get the last fucking word in

what did he mean by this?

writers got buttmad people liked him

they had powerful dyks

>tfw I hope I can run into bashirfaggot at a con, take her out for a drink, go back to her hotel, get stoned to some DS9 and fuck her brains out.
> tfw I'd have to get out of Syria first.

It's a ruse 20 years in the making...the true song of ice and fire

IT'S OVER BENJAMIN
I HAVE THE HIGHGROUND

Positronics, they are much more stable then say TOS era ones, and the feds couldn't even build those, it was always some mad scientist or advanced alien race.

>her
>her
>her

Bashar?

>bashierfaggot
>her
I have some bad news for you paki.

Section 31 don't typically place more than 1 agent in the same place which is why we only really see O'Brien.
However, I feel like the skillet of Tom Paris is too wide for him to not be a member of Section 31.

>nu-trek is just stupid action

CAREFUL BENJAMIN

CAREFUL

>be in highschool
>insecure about my nerdity
>hanging out with my sister's best friend, see her all the time as a result
>"Hey user do you like Star Trek"
>"Pssh, nah, that's super lame"
>"Oh that's too bad. I really like it. Oh well, see ya"

Yes?

Reminder: Orville is on fox right now

More kanar your grace

I'm watching it now
Every /trek/faggot should

You realise she told your sister she liked you and asked her what your interests were, right? Yea you fucked up.

That reminds me of college when these two cute girls asked if I liked Stargate Universe when I was eavesdropping on them.
I said I didn't, truthfully, but maybe I should've just lied since I actually quite like the rest of Stargate.

Maybe
But she genuinely into Star Trek
She named her cat "Spock"

She's married now anyways. Tank commander too.

*warps behind u*
>pssh, nothing personnel

Do you hope he gets hit?

is stargate worth watching if i like farscape and the movie

You know that soldier's wives are like ten times more likely to cheat on their partners right?
Get in there buddy.

Well yea she asked what you like, sis says star trek, 'oh cool me too'. Don't feel too bad I've made the same mistake a few times
>TFW forever alone

SG1 is kino, though the last 3 seasons are a drop in quality.
SGA is good fun, but not as good as SG1.
SGU is a bit bad and got cancelled JUST as it was showing promise, a bit like ENT.

No.
I'm joining now in the Navy.
My hope is that I meet her and get to order her around because I'll be an officer and she'll be enlisted.

hahaha this post is Sup Forums
jesus christ m8

Yes

SG-1 is pure funkino

Nigga, you're in for a fucking treat.
SG-1 is TNG tier
SGA is generally really good too

It's seriously good shit. SG-1 is a fucking fun

>no carter waifu

It's better than star trek

>SG1 is kino, though the last 3 seasons are a drop in quality.
Only memorable part of the last 3 seasons is 200

200 is great.

But there are sometimes good moment with Crichton and Aeryn.
They are charming people

And the Ori are great villains
>Hallowed are those who walk in unison

queers

But HOW queer

Power creep really got to Daniel though.

Yeah
And it correlated with Shanks getting buffer and buffer

It was everyone treating Daniel like some nerd when Shanks was a bulging roid monster

After dying 12 times, he kinda deserved it

So.. The Orville is just MacFarlane doing what we all wish we could do and star in our own version of TNG?

The pic! The pic!

100% accurate

> doing what we all wish we could do and star in our own version of TNG
No, because my nerd fantasy doesn't involve Paul Blart Mall Cop-tier "jokes."

instead its fart jokes and cunnyposting

Maybe
But you still can't blame Seth

Not

>u comin daniel? lmao
>i'm a woman, here me roar!
>misunderstanding lmao baka tau'ri
>we must study this culture *explosions, death, armies* oh yeah sha'reh, i'll save u

Is there a list of the best episodes of each series so I don't have to watch like 1000 episodes of Star Trek? I probably sound like a normie but fucking hell there is an absolutely insane amount of content in Star Trek and supposedly there are some really stupid/shitty episodes here and there.

>But you still can't blame Seth
Well, he created it, stars in it, is the lead writer, and an executive producer, so I guess you're right. It's not really his fault.

>doesn't have enough time to watch one of the most influential TV series ever
>has time to shitpost on Sup Forums

No what I mean is that yeah, he's entirely "at blame" for the show
But in his shoes, we'd be nothing better. We'd make the show just like we'd want it. Which he is doing.

look at me

look at me

I'm the prophet now

The only Star Treks that are absolutely essential are TOS, the TOS movies, TNG and DS9.

Watch those, and then later on you can decide whether or not you have the time and energy to watch TAS, VOY, ENT and STD.

And under no circumstances should you ever watch the TNG movies or the JJ movies.

Watch TNG and DS9 (I'd go with TNG first just because it's in chronological order, but you don't have to).

T'Pol in STD when?

That's fair, but it certainly doesn't make it enjoyable to watch.

For you

i'd give tpol an std if you know what i mean

What do we think of our sister general on Sup Forums?

BOW YA WORKERS

same

Are you in the wrong thread?

CAREFUL, BOBBY

They watch capeshit, so they're retarded

Is he /ourguy/?

Federation has a Department of Temporal Investigations. Even though time travel is not a regular technology.

Yet they had no Psi Corps. So investigation other telepaths and shapeshifters. Not even Section 31 had telepaths.

That's because Star Trek is shit, and worse than Babylon 5 in every way.

And terrible action with no tension. It astoundingly bad.

B5 is a better than average fan-fiction that never rises above being fan-fiction.
Look at the Donut Steel Minbari
OMG so perfect and wise and perfect and good at everything

First off, fuck STD. Secondly, fuck the JJ movies. Third, First Contact is worth a watch. Fight me.

No, it's the best live action sci-fi series of all time. Also, that's not how the Minbari were portrayed at all. They almost had a civil war because their warrior caste tried to usurp power. They were also often shown to be naive. Did you even watch Babylon 5?

>minbari

they're basically Enterprise Vulcans. The older race that is supposed to know better than the others. Yet really their head is up their own ass, and need some plucky upstart to kick them and dislodge it .

But the warrior caste doesn't take over because the super special Delenn trained her bitch servant to be SOOOPER SOOPER SPESHIUL to defeat them all.
Ups, I guess the bad Minbari are really bad after all.
It's just all fan fiction with scarecrows coming up to be big and evil and then our heroes defeat them easily

>Look at the Donut Steel Minbari
>OMG so perfect and wise and perfect and good at everything

One of the major things in B5 is that the Minbari are actually a big hot mess and not nearly as wise and ideal as they seem.

Is there a guide to where to start with the series?

Except their society and religion was much more interesting and thought-through than the Vulcans ever were. That's the thing about Babylon 5, everything is there for a reason. The story has a clear direction, and uses the characters and themes to progress towards its goal. There are no characters in Trek who are as well developed as G'kar and Londo. There is no Trek series that deals with religion, politics and war as interestingly or poignantly as Babylon 5 does. It's kino.

chronological
it's not that hard

But the ENT Vulcans were total cunts and they paid for it. The writers weren't meant to think they were stupid.

The B5 Minbari were... Great at all times. Oh there were some over-zealous soldiers? Well our SUPER-SOLDIERS will defeat them with SUPER-KARATE. Go RANGERS

That's wrong
They said B5 was thought out.
For example, they "planned" for G'kar to kill Londo.
It made sense. Good idea.
Then they saw how popular that one episode where they were dying in an elevator together. So they changed everything.

Now G'kar will SAVE Londo. And that future-death-memory of Londo? No, that's a fake. Londo won't die. It's G'kar saving him.
What a load of shit

>fan fiction
Of what? Do you even know what that means?
>our heroes defeat them easily
Not at all. Many people die, and society is sent back to a pretechnology era for centuries.
It's a death-of-god allegory, an epic war story, and a character drama.
Honestly, I think it might be 2deep4u.

Just because they changed some decisions, doesn't mean it wasn't thought out. They adapted the story, thought it through, and made it work. Just like how Michael O'Hare leaving after season one due to his increasing mental illness ended up being a major plot point, and adding a lot to the religious allegory.

>it's a psycho bitch runs the colony and Starfleet can fuck off episode

Forgot how annoyed I was with this turd

What are you even talking about. The Rangers never fight let alone defeat the Minbari Warrior Caste.

Oh yes so planned
Like how at the end of everything, Sheridan sacrifices himself and comes back to life, which isn't hacky at all, then goes get the old niggas of the galaxy to blow up the uppity niggas.
And that long finger creepy motherfucker? Yep, he was honest the WHOOOOLE time

If that's what they planned, then I plan on having a fucking bowel movement tomorrow

didn't that whole thing end with a warrior caste minbari immolating himself trying to change his caste in the magic light beam?

What did defeat the Warrior Caste?
Go on. Say it

Any good Riker fatfic?

>Sheridan sacrifices himself and comes back to life, which isn't hacky at all
Yeah, I always thought that part was pretty hacky too, when I was reading The New Testament.
2deep4u

it is the only major sci fi that has humans a B tier race from beginning to end.

>copying something else is deep
I guess you have to forgive DS9 now.