The Orville

New episode on now.

Yawn

fuck off with this shit

I liked last week for socio-political shit, but it feels like this is just going to turn into relationship drama. I'm scared

Sup Forumsbot episode when

So this is after the baby thing right?

yeah

I thought this week was going to be episode 2

Horror episode?

Neat ship/planet

So did I but they're referencing past stuff so who knows when we'll see it

Maybe the argument between the trannie and the warf clone was supposed to be set up for the baby?

Thanks for the update, FOX intern!

God that Alara is so hot.

oh god...stargate vibes

this semen slurping show obviously isn't for me.

You not like sg-1, nigga?

in a good way I mean

Did anyone here enjoy the show Andromeda? I didn't.

Is this the first time they've actually shot someone? 4 episodes in?

there's a huge gunfight in the first episode

I don't like the robots face. It needs something more unique

So they don't know they're living in a ship?
I feel like I've seen this plot before.

imagine being so dumb you can't remember the first episode 4 episodes in

"For The World Is Hollow And I Have Touched The Sky"

I like this show, until the jokes start. Then everything is ruined.

is Seth...worldbuilding? can he do that?

If Alara gets together with Josh I'm gonna kill myself. Relationship drama is so shit.

the jokes don't ruin it for me but it definitely dampens it

Eh, the face paint is a little underwhelming, but so far I've liked the ark ship.

RIP Alara

My guess is she's going to wind up with (maybe nasty) superficial wounds because her planet has selective pressures for extremely dense creatures.

This.

I feel like fox wouldn't let Seth do a straight sci-fi show so he had to promise it had jokes. He obviously puts more effort into the sci-fi then the jokes

Oh shit it's based Bill Buchanan

I genuinely chuckled at the bad food bit

and he's talking with Sherry Palmer. I bet they never expected to be on a show together again like this

>Muh Climate Change metaphors.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is more of a "bring civilization to savages" or "atheism is best lul" than climate change

These old-style cuts to commercial are so satisfying.

shit Robert Knepper too? this ep is full of greats

Too much gay

Not watching anymore

this is so weird. I recognized Palmer immediately but it took me a second to see through Buchanan's makeup

I can barely stomach the memes but it's otherwise decent

That's medical science, baby

Your shilling paid off, I finally gave the show a try and I've watched the first two episodes and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I'll wait until I've seen a few episodes of STD in the "Real" setting rather than the retarded fucking opener before comparing the two but Orville's still better than Enterprise and probably Voyager.

>memes
they're fucking called jokes, user

>hitting women
[SCREECHING]

They're so common that they've become cliches. AKA tropes. AKA memes

this is equality

>What's the plan?
>I don't know.

jokes don't work when the episode is this dark

You might be right.
If they refined the jokes, this could be a good show.
At times, it reminds me of Sliders.

I just marathoned the first episode, actually pretty comfy. Some of the jokes didn't quite land but hey it's a pilot. Think I'll continue later, does it seem to be finding its footing?

I think it does.

I like this episode so far. I was worried it was gonna be Bordus and Klyden relationship problems all ep cuz of the opening.

wake me when there's yuri

yeah third episode is fantastic

Each episode is getting better and better

you don't "marathon" one episode, jesus fucking christ.

I don't think tropes/memes should be used interchangeably so liberally

some jokes work, I just ignore the rest and enjoy the comfy TNG feel

Yes, so far it's only gotten better each episode. The jokes aren't great though.

did everyone catch the blatant star trek the motion picture music in the beginning? starting to like the show despite the jokes being a little flat.

>Just injecting a random syringe from a villain into your crewmate.

>getting better and better
i only watched the first 15 minutes of episode 3, should i really finish this shit?

I thought she would at least scan it first.

"It's nice to meet you. Not"
The absolute writing of the cuckville

Came here to post this. The humor isn't necessarily bad, it just comes at the wrong time. They'll be building a genuinely tense or sincere moment and then they toss in a joke and fuck it all up. There's no timing to the comedy, and it hobbles the show.

That is how I feel, the jokes are clashing with the plot too much. The plot is actually pretty interesting so the jokes are a bit more daunting because of it.

>tfw guys like this faggot are the same people who scream DISINFO SHILL when you tell them we live on a planet

I knew they would go this route

"Have a nice nap"

OH MY GOD ITS LIAM

the humor isn't that bad - it makes it feel like galaxy quest

Good so far.

if you ignore the bad jokes the plots are interesting sci-fi

If you feel like they're oppressing your beliefs, then no, don't watch it. Personally I think the setup is fascinating regardless of your politics.

>Awkward in the elevator

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHhahhahahabbahahahabha

Oh for fuck's sake Liam

Maybe McFartlane should just ghost write for actual Star Trek shows.

LIAM
FUCKING
NEESON

This episode went from a 6/10 to a 10/10, Jesus Christ

I dunno.
I like the serious tone with jokes.
Part of the reason I like Orville.

But I'm a girl.

holy shit its liam

What photos does Seth have?

pls be in London

First day on Sup Forums, cutie?

they're not enough to get me to turn off the show

then again, the mutiny wasn't enough to get me to stop watching STD either

LIAM NEESON

Indeed a Star Trek where the crew have a sense of humor instead of a stick up their asses.

I get the feeling they are trying to avoid the melodramatic tone of later Star Trek, by adding levit in between tense moments.

it doesnt always work, but i can see why they do it

>tfw girls like this faggot are the same people who scream DISINFO SHILL when you tell them we live on a planet

I was hoping that the elevator would lead to another level of the ship with another civilization like the shellworld from Ian M Banks Matter.

OK, the elevator gag wasn't bad, use the humor to transition between the big scenes.

Throwing a Friends joke into the middle of a tense interrogation? Kills the scene.

but it's not about politics at all.
i mean, they straight up told us in the first episode it's an all male species, and then oops lol a female? i have a problem with the inconsistency just to push a political point, it's not comedy or science fiction...

Yeah they kept saying underworld

Fuck your easy-greasy grandma, bitch. What's your problem?

What was the Friends joke?

you must have not watched episode 3 then, because it was more akin to an episode about birth defects than anything regarding trannies

i thought the same thing, but i was pleasantly surprised

Looks like lots of "artist interpretations" of Hollow Earth.