Does Spiderman have the best rogue gallery?

Does Spiderman have the best rogue gallery?

>Spiderman
Back to Sup Forums you go

Comes in third behind Flash and Bats
Now that's just anal

Batman > Spiderman > X-men > Flash

Everyone else doesn't even have a proper rogue gallery, just a couple of actual threats, a superthreat and the rest of the villains are mostly ocassional nuissances

I'd say so. I think over time fanfiction-level writers like Slott and Millar have ruined a lot of them, especially by overpowering Peter and asserting their own opinions into the characters' personalities. But between their conception and the late 80s/early 90s, Spidey's rogues were the absolute best.

What makes a good rogue gallery in first place?

Charisma or villains that are actually dangerous and make the hero struggle?

Because most Spiderman villains are really cool but at this point most of them are pretty much a joke

he does OP but I miss the goofy characters like frogman, stilt-man, walrus, etc, some of them were great.

Hobgoblin's rocking out in that pic

Not OP, but I writting Spiderman is way better.

They can be reused and they're charming enough and implemented with tasteful frequency that you go ga-ga when they show up.

Memorability. Even memorability for being a complete joke.

There is a reason the Shocker is Spider-man's best rogue and it's not only because he kicked the Punisher's ass that one time.

reminder that the Sandman was an Avenger

>just a couple of actual threats, a superthreat and the rest of the villains are mostly ocassional nuissances

So a proper rogues gallery? I mean, out of OP's pic 1/3rd of them are, " I forgot they existed" tier.

He beat spider on his first appearence.

No, it's shit.

Almost everyone beats Spider-man on their first appearance. It's kinda his thing.

Lose, retreat, figure out how to win with science, win.

No, not even close. The only people who think so are people who are already deeply personally invested in the Spider-man brand.

Theres a good ammount of green in Spidey's rouges gallery

why the fuck aren't you posting that on the homecoming threads you fag

Most of them were made in the Silver Age where artists would follow the green & purple = evil rule.

I remember cbr did a rogues gallery ranking recently. Some of the choices were... off, to say the least.

15. Wonder Woman
14. Howard the Duck
13. X-Men
12. Daredevil
11. Justice League
10. Avengers
9. Captain America
8. Thor
7. Superman
6. Hulk
5. Dr. Strange
4. Flash
3. Fantastic Four
2. Batman
1. Spider-Man

#1 is batman. this is not even debatable.
then maybe spider-man #2.

No they fucking suck, sre you kidding me? Only Goblin, Ock and Kraven are any good. MAYBE Venom.

The rest are losers.

Batman and flash have better ones

>3. Fantastic Four

Fuck yeah that's fucking well deserved. Everyone gushes over Anhillius, Doom, Galactus or even the Molecule Man but no one ever puts them in their best rogue gallery list. For real.

>Peter never beat Vermin
>Still one of his least memorable villains

No.

Batman's is way better.

It's pretty simple:

Batman's enemies actually have good stories.

Morta Clay is better than any single Spiderman story focused on the vilians. The best Villian focused Spiderman story is Last hunt, there's a reason there has been like 6 million different vulture or hobgoblin while there's ony one penguin. Most,not all of spiderman's enemies are defined by the suits and powers, whie batman's are defined by their personaities and gimmicks as a secundary trait.

Anyway the second best is SUPERMAN, fash and spiderman's are memes for peope that resent batman or are just fanboys, the best spiderman enemy is and will always will be MYSTERIO

>created by Nazi scientists
Cap villain

I'd say it's a close second behind Flash's. If not a tie.

>Batman scoring higher than FF and Flash.

Their list is shit. His rouges /use/ to be good. But now with the whole grim dark trends a lot of what made his rogues memorable have been stripped away in favor of some cliche psychopath.

>Pic

Where the hell is Spider-Man's archnemesis, the Shocker?

Someone mocked him so he refused to show up.

nah it's Captain Marvel

This is now a Shocker thread.

Post your rare Shockers.

F4 have great rogues but sadly the F4 itself is absolute boring shit.

A reminder that the same thing is going to happen to Clayface

>Not liking Blue eyed Benjamin
>Not liking Reed's literal autism
>Not liking the MOTHERLY feel of Sue
>Not liking Franklin's shennanigans

Get that shit taste checked, user.

Yes, it is undebatable

They all have seemingly similar origins and powertypes. Disgruntled loner (like Peter Parker did) gains powers through science/random happenings but uses his abilities for their own gain. May or may not become a freak of nature in process.

The different ones are Kingpin (who is more of a daredevil villain) and Green Goblin who's interesting because of how close he is to Spiders civilian identity.

The top of the Rogue's gallery however is J. Jonah Jameson. He's literally an unique gem among superhero antagonists. He should be used as that more, inst5ead of the good gruff guy he has been painted more recently. There is many interesting stories about major media mogul vs. mysterious superpowered vigilante, especially with modern heavily centered corporate media being major force of power in politics

The thing is that after reading the recently storytimed Flash run that I realised how much better it was handled, with how people are actually connecting these "rogues" as a group both in-between them and in the eyes of public. Spider-man has done something similar in form of Sinister Six, but it hasn't been build from a good perspective in my opinion.

Danny Phantom sweeps.

X-Men should be way higher. Come on!

Magneto
Mystique
Hellfire Club
Dark Fucking Phoenix

Man, Mean Bean Machine 2 looks odd.

>Some of the choices were... off, to say the least.

Really? It seems pretty normal rank to me. I do not agree in the order, but I don't think there is anyone there that it shouldn't

That's cause X-men villains become good or neutral and return to be bad just to return to be good/neutral again.

I guess makes sense them don't making highter since half the time their rogues aren't rogues

I feel like it's been forever since a lot of them were used though besides Doom obviously

>That's cause X-men villains become good or neutral and return to be bad just to return to be good/neutral again.
That's called character progression and it's a good thing.

rinsing and repeating can get tiresome after awhile too

Yes. Unlike the flash, spiderman has more threatening villains. Plus it helps that he's not OP like the flash, making him losing to his villains more believable

It's a draw between him and Batman.

Flash in second place, followed by the X-men. Used to be the opposite but Wallys run before Barry came back improved his rogues galery, while the X-Men have been suffering from rogues turning good then bad again, and having to spend more time infighting/fighting the rest of Marvel.

Then it's F4 and Supes, but the order depends if you value more popularity and iconic status (Supes wins) or if you value the threat they pose and the creativity and diversity in their powers/origins/stories (Fantastic Four wins)

Casual spotted.

>Most,not all of spiderman's enemies are defined by the suits and powers, whie batman's are defined by their personaities and gimmicks as a secundary trait.

This.

Boom

>Mr freeze
Guy with a freeze gun
>two face
A guy who wears two clashing suits, his gimmick is duos
>Joker
A guy dressed as a clown
>Scarface
A guy wuth a puppet
>Killer Croc
A aligator man
>Clayface
A shapeshifter made out of clay
>Mad Hatter
A man in a top hat
>Scarecrow
A man who dresses like a scarecrow
>Professor Pyg
A man who wears a pig mask
>poison ivy
A woman who dresses in green and controls plants

>Batman's enemies actually have good stories.

Most of those good stories star the Joker though. It is somewhat hard to find a memorable Batman story featuring someone like the Penguin or Black Mask as the main baddie.

Scarecrow is my favorite Bats villain but there aren't many good stories centering on him. The only one I can mention is that one-shot written by Peter Milligan where he gets obsessed by a chick that didn't get scared by him.

>here's ony one penguin
Are you joking? You know how many reboots DC universe had?

(You)

There, now piss off

He's also forgetting Emperor Penguin from New 52 Detective Comics
Two (You)s in one post? I must have done something right!

Do casuals understand that NO REBOOT affected Batman before new52?

In fact the numeration was the same for over 70 years. Retcons are not the same as reboots

Crisis aren't reboots now?

Batman wasnt affected by the crisis. How casual are you?

COIE changed Jason's hair color, Zero hour changed Chill related stuff. If anything Legends of the Dark Knight actuay acted as a bridge for bronze age and golden age batman

Crisis affect the whole universe.

How many of Spidey's villains would be just out there doing a job if Spidey wasn't such a hateable little twat?

Instead Spidey's incessant antagonizing has driven many of them to have a deep-seated personal beef with him.
Spidey created his rogue's gallery by being annoying. Everyone else has villains that they fight, but it's rarely personal. People would rather punch Spidey in the face than take a shot at escaping prison

The taunts work amazingly well to put them off balance and make their attack patterns sloppy and predictable.

At the very least you can say that lately he's been more aware of and tries to go into lending a hand to his old enemies.

>You're so bald you could lead the X-Men

Ayyy

Thor's rogue gallery is HEAVILY underrated.

Good, we've been ridiculously overdue for a heroic clayface

>Spiderman
>best anything

you're a funny guy, op.

Pease stop it, you are just showing how casual you are.

>Box Ghost not center
ONE JOB

>casual
>>>/reddit/

>That's called character progression
Actually Sabertooth was basically just mind controlled into being a hero and missed the reset everything bus.

That's an asspull, not character development.

It's not going to last, hell go the same way Sandman went, be a hero for a while, but will be forced to make a heel turn again for no good reason.

>Plus it helps that he's not OP like the flash, making him losing to his villains more believable
He has precognition, some of the fastest reflexes in universe, one of the top brains in universe, and he can lift a moderately sized building.

Unless you have super agility or are one of the narrow subset of villains that is immune to his spider sense or he's just dicking around you can't even hit his ass. At that point you best be tanky as shit and immune to science or you're fucked, one or the other won't cut it.

The number of people he'd be afraid to fight is canonically like 7 and he's met most of the Marvel Universe.

To be fair, he also jokes as a coping mechanism and to keep people from realizing how terrifying he is.

It's a 3 for 1.

Oh yeah. They complain about him not shutting up, but the moment he does everyone shits their pants and end up a hair away from a wheelchair for the rest of their lives.

You think it ever crosses their mind that he's not punching them as hard as he can, he's punching them exactly as hard as he needs to to knock them out without them dying/eating through a tube for the rest of their life?

I mean he accidentally put his fist through that one chick's face on that road trip with Wolverine.

I can't remember well, who was the poor souls that was on the receiving end of the "I'M WINNING" speech?

Variety. Variety is key. A Mr. Mxy story is not going to be a Lex Luthor story is not going to be a General Zod story.

>and he can lift a moderately sized building.

Kek.

I ove how you say the same shit in every thread

You are such a dumbass

Spider-Man>Flash>Batman

Most of Batmans villains are quite boring because of how Batman himself acts. There's a better dynamic between Spidey and The Flashes and their rogues.

After that it's probably Green Lantern>Thor>Superman>X-Men

Its that one spiderfag,

The 90's cartoon had some pretty good stories not about the Joker.

Flash has such a great rogues gallery yet the show always uses speedsters.

Budget constraints, laziness, lack of imagination.

>No Stiltman in the image
>Includes Hydro

Original user here. Yeah Thays true, but flash can run at an attosecond. Most of the rogues use a device of some kind so you'd think he'd just grab it out of their hands or something and send them to iron heights. Spidey may be afraid of few people, but he's not near superman tier in power like the flash

>cartoon

I am talking about comics only, user.

Both are OP. Nobody is as OP as the Flash except meme Batman with preptime..

I figured. Just saying those stories do exist, even if in another medium.

He does that crap to keep civilians calm and away from panic

Random Ninja man

>pretending to be retarded

Which Spider-man villain is
>normal criminal in a science accident with animal-themed technology

>being this casual

DC has rebooted less than Marvel has.

>Do casuals understand

No. They bought into the Marlel maymay that convinced them that DC somehow reboots all the time, when DC has never done a reboot like they think. It's even funnier to watch them defend Marvel's reboots as not being "real reboots" when DC's "reboots" have been exactly the same thing.

It just comes down to Marvel casuals being dumb as shit.

>Howard The Duck

If there's ever been an underrated rogues gallery, it's Howard's.

Flash > Batman > Spider-Man

Villains as People With Their Own Relationships and Personal Dramas Occurring Alongside the Hero's Story > Villains defined by Respective Psychosis > Villains defined by their powers

>animal themed hero
>most villains are also animal themed

Not really.

I can tell you which ones aren't

Kraven
Jackle
Slyde
Spot
Sceewball
Blackie Drago
Adrian Toomes
Morlun
Hobgoblin (Ulrich and Kingsly)
Green Goblin (Norma, Harry and Ulrich)
Silver Sable (on again off again if tye money is right)
The Beetle
Speed Demon
Shocker
Boomerang
Spidercide
Mysterio
Kingpin
The Enforcers
Hydro Man
Sandman
Electro
Paperdoll
Deliah
The Rose
Crime Master
Stunner
Carnage
Molten Man
Spider Slayers

He's got a pretty solid one.

No Crisis has ever been a reboot. COIE changed things but many books continued before and after the Crisis, and numerous characters remembered the events of it. The events with the Anti-Monitor occurred as part of an unbroken chain of events.

Infinite Crisis wasn't a reboot at all, just a collection of retcons. Unlike Marvel who exist in a constant state of retcon, DC keeps their continuity until they do a Crisis event, then they fix all the little things.

New 52 was the only actual "Reboot," but even it wasn't complete as GL and Batman continued on unbroken, and then Rebirth showed that New 52 was never a reboot at all.

So no, there has never been a DC reboot

Shocker was actually a fairly dangerous villain up until Ultimate Spider-Man turned him into a joke character.
He was a lot more practical and mercenary then some of Spidey's revenge-obsessed foes, and his abilities made it hard for him to physically confront him.

Most people on here don't even know what Shocker can actually DO with his gauntlets.

Remember that time he augmented his gauntlets to allow him short spurts of flight while he was under automatic gun fire? Shocker is fucking awesome man.