What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5dHsB_Sn3_A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Spielberg going all disney with the ending. It's so shit LMAO

Nothing this movie is very good from start to finish and it doesn't feature a happy ending because fuck you thats why.

Pure kino.

>Pure kino.
>>>/reddit/

it's three movies in one
there isn't a singular vision that's followed from beginning to the end
for me it's a failiure, but a very interesting failure

Apparently that saccharine shit was part of Kubrick's original vision.

doesn't sound like kubrick, unless the ending had a very different vibe originally

Kubrick would have never do something like that. He would have ended it with the kid at the bottom of the sea and it would have been a masterpiece. He was too much of an artist to fall for the happy ending meme.

they killed him

I can imagine the film ending with him making that wish over and over til the end of time

I agree, doesn't sound like Kubrick but that's what those involved in the production said. According to Spielberg himself much of the dark turns in the story with the kid being abandoned with the junkyard robots were his influence, if you choose to believe Stevie on that.

it would probably be more of a mindfuck 'happy' ending like space odyssey or clockwork than the sappy shit from spielberg

Depends on what the script was like originally. The movie as it is feels a lot like a fairy tale, and if Kubrick's script reflected that then I could believe him going for a fairy tale ending.

This. I don't give a fuck about what Spielberg has to said. Stanley was a real artist and real artist don't do happy shit

>Stanley was a real artist and real artist don't do happy shit
CRAWLIIIIIN INNNNN MY SKIIIIIIINNNNN

Your kind of people used to be called poseurs. You're uncreative with nothing but memes and 'irony'.

Yeah, fuck those conformists.

Not the same thing.

I jest, but come on now son, to say happy endings or happy anything preclude something from being art is some teenage angst shit.

Kubrick died.

Kubrick had a treatment that was more about insinuating who would want child robots that never grow up. .. and why.

In other words, a film about elite pedophiles.

Does it occur to you that angst is not just part of teenage behavior.

Have they ever released any of Kubrik's work on this? I'd love to read his take on it, even partially.

Does it occur to you that "real artist don't do happy shit" is going overboard and is quite childish?

Supposedly that's why Kubrick wanted to give it to Spielberg. Because he felt the tone of that ending was more up his alley.

Lumping every emotion that deals with depression with "teenage shit" is disingenuous.

>Lumping every emotion that deals with depression
Not at all what I was doing, simply the notion that, "anything and everything happy is not art," is childish as fuck.

>kubrick was collaborating with spielberg on this before he died
>people think the "saccharine fairy tale ending" isn't totally the point
fucking plebs need to neck themselves.

still gets me teary eyed

are you mentally retarded you fucking moron?
how is a robot that's the last thing left by humanity in the universe, that has been programmed by humans to love, that will die in a day after living out a vison of him seeing his "mother" for the last time a happy ending?
only a braindead Sup Forumseddit, Sup Forumseddit, r#ddit browsing subhuman with no ability to think critically would believe somehting like that

yes, they are retarded

it's bittersweet

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. MASTERPIECE.

The BFG was so fucking good too
Hoky trinity of Spielberg kinos plebs will never understand
AI
Hook
The BFG

Jude Law was awesome innit

>innit
Kill yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=5dHsB_Sn3_A
nah pleb BFG was watered down and wasted potential. could've been great if spielberg didn't try to play it so safe and kiddy

Not clicking your shit video from your shit channel

Kill yourself namefag

everything spielberg ever said about kubrick was a lie

my nigga! that whole ending is fucked up. good movie, I love the retards that thought the aliens came at the end.

how exactly is it full disney you fucktard. its a dystopian ending

It was too smart for critics.