That sure is a nice characterization you've got there...

That sure is a nice characterization you've got there, it would be a real shame if someon were to come along and completely ruin it.

>but look I put some meta-garbage in it so now i'ts improved!
>what? other writers have to ignore it and change everything because is impossible to tell stories with the damage I did?
>how bizarre

It's the definitive version of that character and you're just too stupid to understand it

Name one he's fucked up other than Magneto. All other characterisations have built on what came before him.

pretty much every character he has ever touched

You have no argument shut the fuck up.

This, he's great with OCs but he likes to turn established characters with established personalities into a bastardized grant morrison versions of themselves

Don't you know, user, writing good stories is bad characterisation for capefags. 90s X-men and Cucka/Brubaker/Winnick era Batman is good characterisation.

>Dick
Great
>Bruce
Ok-ish
>Talia
Great
>Scott
Great
>Beast
Good
>Lex
Amazing
>Supes
Good

I'm taking some examples from different runs and that doesn't seem to be the case, man.

And Morrisonfags eat it up because they don't read any comics not written by Grant Morrison

all his stuff has been retconned to fix those characters

Nice meme ya got there. Shame if ya couldnt actually back it up.

Yeah, Daniels and Snyder sure did fix Batman, Bendis fixed X-men for the better and so did everyone who followed on Action Comics.

He wrote the best Bruce Wayne in decades. Ever since he left no writer has been able to get Bruce right, Snyder and King both write him as a stubborn unlikable asshole. Tomasi did all right but he still came across as a bit dickish.

ASS and Action Comics Clark were both great versions of the character. ASS is arguably the best Supes has ever been.

Literally perfect Captain Marvel in Thunderworld.

Most times when he does a radically different take on a character its an elseworlds or (in the case of action comics) a relaunched version where he can do whatever he wants anyway. I think he's one of the few popular writers who actually respects established characterizations and builds on them, often times distilling all the great things about a character that have been created over decades of continuity into one version.

Unlike writers like Bendis, Johns, Slott or Millar who just ignore previous characterizations and do whatever the fuck they want. The only time Morrison has ever done that was with Magneto and arguably Darkseid.

>I think he's one of the few popular writers who actually respects established characterizations and builds on them, often times distilling all the great things about a character that have been created over decades of continuity into one version.
If you mean all the great things you mean the golden/silver age CCA bullshit, while ignoring the past 25 years of continuity, then you're totally right

I'd argue that Darkseid was shit before Morrison wrote him as an actual Godly being and a proud ruler that Kirby intended rather than as a Supes rogue or some ordinary alien warlord that DC had bastardised him into.

>golden/silver age CCA bullshit
The only thing that CCA affected in cape comics was their popularity. If you think capes were serious and not for kids before CCA hit them, you're an idiot. Stuff like Superman and Captain Marvel were always silly and kid friendly.

No shit sherlock, that's not what my argument was about

I think people forget how ordinary Darkseid was throughout the entirety of Countdown and for a good while before as well. Final Crisis was a legitimate undoing of that

>My argument wasn't about what I said.

For a morrisonfag you have pretty poor reading comprehension

his Bruce Wayne was the biggest asshole ever
Snyder's Batman is a saint compared to his

Nice argument. I didn't even defend Morrison in my post. Stop backing away from what you said.

Shut the fuck up bitch.

not an argument

My argument was that he ignored recent continuity for CCA bullshit, at least for Batman

what continuity would that be? Posting ASBAR is an odd thing to do alongside that post

Can't argue with Superhitler trips.
Glad someone climbed on board of that meme train, though.

Then you should have no problem naming some

I'm not going to read comics for you.
And I posted the pic for the are you retarded line.... retard

>post wrong picture because all bald guys rook same
That's racist OP

fucking dreamworks face

Batman
Nu52 Superman
Magneto
Damian
Tim Drake

just to name a few

To be fair, he created Damian, which is why he's such a terrible character

How the fuck did he change Damian's and Superbro's characterisation when he literally made them.

the point is that his Damian was so terrible that writers like Tomasi, Gleason etc. had to totally change him to make him work in the major continuity

actual Damian has barely nothing from his original appearance

also some people say that since it was based on Son of the Demon Morrison didn't create Damian but just reused an old concept (he was also in Kingdom Come as a glorified cameo)

What was Morrison's plan with Damian? Keep him around, be little shit and kill off?

Yeah, and he should have stayed killed off too

>Tomasi
Yes, the guy who had a run of 2d characters and hamfisted moments. Ironic that you mention Tomasi while blaming Morrison for going back on characterisation.

>Superman
Literally the only cape writer in the modern age who gets Superman right, unless your only exposure to Superman is Jurgens era Superman and everything that followed,

Talia but that's the only other one I can think of.

Editorial isn't shitty only at Marlel.

>if you don't like it, you don't understand it.
That was fast.

I'm mean she was raised by the league of assains and is the daughter of an a centuries old ra's al ghul she just went completely crazy at the fact that she'll never have batman

I like Morrison but his characterizarion can be hit or miss.
Id argue that turning Talia into a Ra's a Ghul:babymamadrama edition wasn't an improvement. Hurt was a shitty villain with great build up and piss poor conclusion.

Hurt tried go toe to toe with the joker and failed miserably I'd say that's a pretty satisfying conclusion

this is why comic fans are so shitty

you have this awesome original writer who writes some of the best capeshit of all time and all you fuckers can do is whine about him messing with established characterization or some shit

same retards who hate MoS and BvS because
NOT MUH BATMAN NOT MUH SUPERMAN

NOT MUH MAGNETO

NOT MUH TALIA

>original

nothing original in butchering pre-existing characters
if was really that good he would concentrate on his own personal works

His Superman was alright, but I wasn't reading Superman comics for 20 years before I read his take on it

You guys are forgetting Chief from Doom Patrol.

His re-vamp of Caulder was even worse than what he did with Magneto.

Morrison's Darkseid is the best version of the character besides Kirby.

Not really, you're just a baby and a plebeian.

Great Darkness Saga is pretty aces. Giffen is probably the only other writer than Morrison whose New Gods I really enjoy

Morrisson is great, keep your SHIT DCEU with you, queer.

What's tour favorite non-Morrison Batman run?

People SHOULD forget the entirety of Countdown.

>Hurt was a shitty villain

He was great, fuck you.
One of the things is that hurt wouldny live up to batman saw fear in the devil's eye.

Tha's why he get owned by the joker, villians don't have to be COOL to bve good villians. It's the same that happened with Lex in the bBvS movie, he was a great villian and true to everything all Lex had been, but he wasnt cool and didnt acted like the cartoon version or Loeb's so he had to be "bad", we are getting too used to "cool" villians

Morrison and Snyder take on the characters it's pretty similar, the difference is the medium and how both want to develop said take, in the case of Snyder his "modern" myths are put on contrast with a world that reacts in realistics way to this "gods", so everything goes to shit and the result is highly mixed, Morrison on the other hand takes the "modern myths" and takejust push them even farther. Superman is SUPERMAN for people that has superstrenght, Batman isnt only "peak human" he is the ultimate human, a trickster that can defeat gods, his JLA are gods, they can face angels and everything that you can think of, so what does Morrison do with his modern myths? he makes them fight Mageddon, a weapon to kill worlds of gods, And millions are elevated to the godhood status...

It's pretty interesting how the same concept can be played is such different ways. Snyder is a talented autist, Morrison is the best CAPE writer of comics ever, they are not on the same level, but even if you hate snyder you can't deny there's something similar, also they both make people mad

Fuck you, Arena was a bad comic done right, the ony problem is that Captain Atom fags will never forget how OP monarch was

Emma Frost

I love Morrison stories but he can really fuck up a character for the sake of his need for meta sometimes

Actually making him a red headed stepchild was a bit heavy handed, but I mostly blame Battle for the Cowl and Daniel's for Jason at this time.

Snyder can write good DickBats, but his Bruce is way off. Almost as much as his Alfred.

>Damian
wat

Are you that guy who posted that thread a few days ago complaining he ruined Magneto.

He did a different Darksied than Kirby but it really fit the story he as trying to tell in Final Crisis. He also totally nailed Darksied being the tiger-force. He arguably had the best lines in all of Final Crisis.

At least his Darksied wasn't a jobber alien.

>I didn't read Morrison's or Snyder's Batman

The only time Jason was worth reading.

Because Snyder's Batman was hardly a character besides zero year.

This is a literally "I started reading comics since zero year" the post.

That Jason was way better than this Jason.

Wasn't the whole redhead thing from pre-crisis Jason Todd or am I somehow mixing that up with something else?

>Wasn't the whole redhead thing from pre-crisis Jason Todd

It is.

Out of all the character's he wrote you pick Emma Frost? He wrote a great Emma. Having her join the X-Men totally changed her for the better.

He completely fucked up nu52 Batman by being a huge baby and refusing to go along with the company and kept everything in a big hissfit making Batman make absolutely no sense now.

>Wanting a clean reboot

It was. But that Jason for all intents a completely different character, he was a circus kid and everything. Bringing back him being ginger and using it as a reason to go psycho was weird.

A want a reboot that sets up a continuity that isn't a clusterfuck.
Morrison is 100% responsible for how Bruce went through 4 Robins and had 2 Robins die and Batgirl get paralyzed within 5 years.

>within 5 years.

They shouldn't have rebooted to say "the JLA formed Five Years Ago" in the first place.

Editorial should have waited for Morrison and Johnes to finish up their runs instead of rushing the Nu52

well yeah, that's the point.

Darkseid's portrayal in Final Crisis was reversing how fucking lame he was for a while before it.

>Morruson Talia

>Good

Nigga', you high.

>hurr morrison has never ruined a character
>he messed up this one pretty badly this way
>uhh uhh that isn't his fault

1. I never sad Morrison never butchered a character (I happen to agree that his Talia was weak)

2. If you think Nu52 Batman is "ruined" because of a convoluted background I think comics aren't for you. Do you think Morrison should have just left his run unfinished or something?

So you were just pretending to be retarded then? Nice non-argument.

How was I pretending to be retarded? How was my answer a non-argument?

Considering Morrison started his run before the Nu52 was even thought of, as with Johnes, how would you have handled it?

Giving his Bat-Epic an ending was worth making all the shitty Batbooks that came after confusing.

Morrison was only continuing the groundwork laid down by Generation X though.

This. Though I don't feel he messed up Darkseid's character, rather his depiction of Anti-Life was off.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

It's been more than a fucking decade already, stop being salty about magneto.

make me

His Darkseid is messed up in a very subtle way. Kirby's Darkseid is the ultimate tyrant while Morrison's is the ultimate evil; for Kirby's Darkseid evil is a byproduct, a consequence of his nature, for Morrison's Darkseid evil is his nature and as such every action he takes is to create evil.

it made no sense

It's weird to me that people take comic shit so seriously when...it needs strange variation to keep it new and interesting over 70 fucking years of life. I mean, if something comes out that you don't like, just brush it off and wait for something else or make some yourself. When it comes to established canon, we're dealing with a FICTIONAL MULTIVERSE. Nothing ever really needs to be explained. Fuck it. Just move right the fuck on, everyone.

Anyway, Morrison is fucking amazing and fuck you guys

>Anyway, Morrison is fucking amazing and fuck you guys
I bet liking Morrison makes tou think you're smart

Pathetic daddy-please-respect-me Jason Todd is a lot more interesting and original than the laughable edgelord we ended up with.

Pic related, it's Red Hood.

>MUH CONTINUITY

Big fucking deal. As if N52 wasn't a clusterfuck to begin with.

Morrison's Bat-Saga makes sense on its own. Snyder's Bat-Saga makes sense on its own. The various 2nd tier Batbooks written by other writers during N52 probably make sense on their own.

If you're so neurotic that you can't enjoy them unless they ALSO line up flawlessly with every other Batman story ever written, that's your problem.

Dunno, I think his Anti-Life was thematically similar enough, just seen from a different perspective. Kirby's Anti-Life was the ultimate hate filled ideology while Morrison's Anti-Life was the consequence such an ideology would have on the individual. If anything I would begrudge Morrison for not examining it further, but thematically I think it's fine.

>red/blue supes
>normie Logan
>ancient Batman, pirate Batman etc, non Gotham centered Batman
>doom only exists in Richards mind
>Marvel boy lol

Morrisonfags will defend this

Well, I will take edgy over pathetic anytime. also, I liked shadow