Could the real Superman defeat the Marvel Zombies?

Could the real Superman defeat the Marvel Zombies?

Yes

Even Silver Surfer got eaten. So no.

No. Because it turns out outside DC a super hero powered by solar panels is pretty shit.

Superman is extremely powerful, but would he be able to resist a bite?

No, because Marvel Zombies have macabre plot armor.

Silver Surfer got eaten cause he's an idiot, though. The Zombie universe makes everyone like 10 times more retarded than they should be.

I'm sure if Supes stayed airborne, that and his freezebreath and eye lasers, those 3 alone should make it easy for him

The MZ? Yes. But Cosmic Zombies? Not sure.

Meh, the zombies universe is just Ultimate marvel fully corrupted by the Gentry. Superman can beat them, but not alone

What do you mean user? How would the Surfer have won?

No. The whole point was shit was terrible forever so final ending is zombie plague kills all no exception. It was a dark and depressing series that I hated, but Superman of all people saving the day doesn't make it better.

The real Superman started the infection.

>Holy shit those freaks are eating each other
>There's death and carnage everywhere
>Dead people everywhere
>I know I'm gonna float around aimlessly and keep my guard down so I get ambushed and eaten like an idiot

Holy shit that was fucking stupid. All he had to do was not fly so fucking close to the ground

That was more like a homage to Superman, otherwise it would be much more powerful.

How did they end up being able to bite him? Doesn't he have cosmic level durability?

>can fly and bombard the fuck out of zombies
>lolno, offer yourself on literal silver plate when they swarm you
Dumbest herald ever.

Not him, but he fell from his board.

Go on, you intrigue me

Sentry got zombified

Literally everyone got zompbified so I think he would too

That doesn't really answer my question. How did they bite through his silvery candy shell?

I'm not the biggest Surfer fan, but doesn't he get weak when separated from his board?

Easily.

The original plan was for it to be clearly Superman, but with his S logo conveniently blasted off (by Ash's boomstick), but lawyers nixed it and they used the Sentry instead.

Don't think about it too hard, the zombies managed to somehow physically eat Galactus' flesh shortly after. The whole series was written for shits and giggles.

I believe they had Hulk bite him or something.

That too. The Hulk ate his head.

The zombies had the ability to infect as the plot demanded so probably not.

>that part where Sandman goes inside Peter and expands until all of Peter's organs explode out
Fucking hell, that was brutal

It helps that they had every superpower at their disposal, so no matter what you do they're going to win.

That fucking page scarred me for life especially because that Peter had done nothing wrong.

Just shows that he could defeat anyone if wasn't for plot armor.

Plot armor. The zombie virus somehow bypasses normal resistances and healing as well. Its why quicksilver was able to infect over half the marvel earth before anyone even realized wtf was going on.

Yes but this is such rarely used, forgotten fact that only one writer at Marvel would even think to use it.

Could he use his hypnovision to convince them he's a zombie?

Hulk bit his head off and then ate it whole, and the other zombies tore him apart from there.

Arnt there people made out of things that viruses cant infect?

Fucking sandman is made out of sand. viruses cant infect sand. There are other heros and villains like that too.

Human animal hybrids would also be immune since viruses arnt that great at cross species infections.

I know im being dumb. I would have just liked one panel of all the hold outs that dont have normal biology having a battle with the zombies.

I remember Venom at one point bitSandman and poisoned him.

The zombie virus itself is sentient, so I'm it can find away to infect anything living, animal or man.

Sandman is made out of rocks. It would need to be magic to infect him.

I have decided its magic but then why does it need a bite at all?

Because that's the rule for this magic, duh

Why does Doctor Strange need to speak poetry before casting a spell? Why does Harry Porrer need a wand? Because the magic needs it, you big dummy. In this case, the magic needs people to bite.

The most brutal kill in the series and it was committed by a regular Spiderman villain on a regular Spiderman.
Really makes you think.

With all that power imagine all the good he could do.

And then you have bullshit such as the Ghost Rider getting infected. What bullshit is that?
In a better written story the entire comic would consist on Ghost Rider massacring every single zombie he comes across until he's sent every single one of them to hell. Now, that's something I'd read.

Well he was an Avenger for half a second and he canonically is one of the few villains that are basically just villains cause they can't get honest work.

IIRC Rhino is too.

Why did he bother with running around the planet? The guy had basically an all you can eat buffet in New York.

Why wouldn´t he be able to get a job? I mean, I know, he's a supervillain, but if that guy came to me and said he wants to be a construction worker I´d hire him in a beat.

I kinda see why since there would be this stigma of him possibly snapping at any moment.

Well, to be honest the MU citizens are retarded pricks. They'd probably try to provoke him into being evil again and when he does they'd call him a monster and cry for Spiderman to save them.

>Hydro man could do the same thing
>Will always be the forgotten red headed step son

Comic/fan reason: The virus is designed to survive and spread. If he just sat around in New York SHIELD would have contained and nuked him along with the avengers before they could get further. Based on the books it seems the virus prioritizes survival over the competition it causes through recruitment

Real reason: To explain how it got around the world so fast and infect as much of the heroes/villeins as possible. This is the same book that had Doom shield himself from the virus and then proceed to fart around his castle with his people instead of escaping into his reality portal.

It'd be interesting to get one last mini that shows where the virus came from prior to the time loop.

You know what I would like? I would like to see a comic where Sandman ends up in the DC universe, I think he would briefly be a villain but would quickly find that he does have other options.

I don´t expect Marvel and DC to do something like that for such a "minor" character, but a well written fan comic would definitely pull something off with that premise
>>Hydro man could do the same thing
>>Will always be the forgotten red headed step son

I´d like to know why Sandman is so much popular than Hydroman when they're both pretty similar. A good reason other than "Spiderman 3"

I think SM came first and was also developed on more in the early days. As mentioned earlier he did try to go legit for awhile, had a thing with silver sable, and I think he was shown to use his abilities in creative looking ways once in awhile. O and he got reconneted into being an Osborn.

Hydro man only things I recall is that he is a thief and at one point peter made a soggy mess out of SM/HM by having them attack each other.

>O and he got reconneted into being an Osborn.

It was because of the hair, wasn´t it?

Don't have the panel but yes it was.

Don't worry its best forgotten as it was connected to the baby May saga.

Thank god

>I´d like to know why Sandman is so much popular than Hydroman when they're both pretty similar.

One less syllable.

>Webbing becomes his fucking veins

Gross issue. But great.

Somehow he said that hurt a lot. DIdn´t they establish that zombies can´t feel physical pain?

Always love this pic because it looks like he hitting the back of his head