Get him on board, I'll call it in

>Get him on board, I'll call it in.

So I was thinking about this scene and I noticed a potential plot hole or unexplained part in the movie. When the nameless CIA operative receives Pavel and the extra prisoners, he mentions he's going to "call it in." So doesn't that mean he contacted the CIA to let them know about the change in the situation, how he received extra prisoners who have information about the masked man? So Bane's later assertion that "They expect one of us in the wreckage, brother" is questionable because the operative would have called the agency to let them know that there's more than one prisoner. Considering the operative's staunch refusal to actually kill any of the prisoners, it's obvious that the flight plan he mentioned was merely an intimidation tactic, similar to firing his gun and subtly insinuating that he threw one of the prisoners out the window. Additionally, anything, Bane's ploy with the blood would have only fooled the media at best, as the Central Intelligence Agency would be well aware of what Leonid Pavel actually looks like. I find it to be highly illogical that the organization itself would overlook any of this, and Bane should have been well aware of that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MTwzuA-mq1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lmao bane

Next year it will be 10 years you've been at this shit.

Your a banned guy

Nothing about the entire scene makes a lick of sense. Dont think to hard about it and just enjoy the meme.

The only way I can rationalize it is Bane didn't like wreckage brother and was like "naw you stay".

Do you go bald after having such a hot head for 10 years?

he says he'll call it in, however he doesn't say "when"... silly n00b

I realize the BvS threads are getting a bit stale, but you could have at least threw in the not so hidden and plot driven biblical allegories.

for m00t

Except he mentions having "just" filed a flight plan with the agency. So he did indeed make the call before boarding the plane.

Wrong movie

>Except he mentions having "just" filed a flight plan with the agency.
was that before or after he knows he's taking more people on board?

wreckage brother looked so happy to see bane though why would bane do that does bane just hate his friends why would bane do that to his bane boys

Here's the sequence of events:
1. Bane's second in command gives the operative the prisoners.
2. The operative accepts the prisoners and calls the agency to let them know the situation.
3. The film cuts to a little bit later after they've boarded the plane, where the operative is telling the prisoners about his flight plan.

ok 6 years

>the Central Intelligence Agency would be well aware of what Leonid Pavel actually looks like

Yeah, his charred remains will definitely be facially identifiable. His dental records on the other hand...

THE FLIGHT PLAN LISTS ME, MY MONKEY, BUT ONLY ONE OF (You)

Why did Judas turn on Jesus?

Jesus knew it would happen and accepted his fate. He wasn't afraid to die he was fully aware of the greatness to come after his death.

You have to realize Snyder taught Nolan pretty much everything he knows.

About that... I'm hesitant to believe that the plane crashing to the ground would actually incinerate any of the bodies, considering Bane's team inexplicably removed the fuel tanks when they took over the CIA plane. I think the fall would kill anyone who wasn't already dead, but their remains would still be intact. But yes, the dental records are another good point.

Is this /deadmeme/ general?

Does mosquito man die later? i don't remember.

Yes. Chief Hothead kills him, in a form of poetic irony.

I just thought of something else. If they were supposed to EXPECT one of Bane's men in the wreckage, that implies that the CIA would mistake the plane crash's cause as being a mechanical malfunction. Except, they clearly ripped the wings off the plane. The plane was obviously attacked so it stands to reason that Bane would have taken all of his men off the plane. So why would any of his men NEED to die?

Then show me its body

>tfw musket man is kill

I love how all of Nolan's Batman movies are the most quotable movies of all time. Every single line is quotable.

Are his other movies like this? I've never seen them.

It's not him, but the closest thing you'll find..

>conversation about man who made Batman movies
>movie is called Martha
Is this the power of meme magic?

Obviously shithead i'm shitposting in a shit thread.

Shut the fuck up, you aren't me..

My theory is CIA didn't do shit.
He called no one.

He seems like a really ineffectual operative. I question why they put him on such an important mission.

Actually you and many people misheard CIA. What he actually says is "Get them on board, Al Khalidin".

Why does the CIA have a Middle Eastern man working for them?

Bane knew CIA was bluffing when threatening to throw them off the plane but still thinks the CIA was only.expecting one of them in the wreckage? I honestly never got that part

contrary to common belief there are plenty of incompetent people in major agencies which causes the entire chain of command to be corrupted

Realistically the CIA would not have expected anyone in the wreckage. It really does make sense that Bane hated that guy and just wanted him dead. But he didn't want the guy to die thinking Bane hated him. He wanted to keep his respect for Bane intact. The man. The myth. The legend.

In any case, it is certainly strange that the CIA didn't actually seem to DO anything about the situation afterwards. That scene was essentially their only mention in the film. The Bane incident in Gotham was handled entirely at a local level. Is the CIA really that incompetent?

>nameless CIA operative

Fucking really? Is this your first day on Sup Forums? Have you never seen the plane scene before? His name is clearly Bill Wilson.

Newfag detected.

>In the film, he is listed as CIA Op and introduces himself to Dr. Pavel simply as "CIA", and is otherwise unnamed. The novelization written by Greg Cox reveals his name to be Bill Wilson. The book later refers to him as "nameless operative", which might indicate that Bill Wilson is a codename.

he said "al-khaledin" not "I'll call it in" you fucking retard lmao

al khaledin was the swarthy guy who cia wanted to push pavel onto the plane.

Also wreckage brother takes maybe a cup of Dr Pavel's blood. Why would that fool anyone? At best the person analyzing it would say "Oh that's weird but this guy clearly isn't Dr Pavel because 99% of the blood in this body isn't his."

It'd be like if I put a shot of vodka in a gallon of water and told everyone it was grey goose

What if they took all of the blood out of the guy's body so the only blood in there was Pavel's? Maybe he's anemic.

Also, does anyone else think that fake-Pavel looks like Jason Statham?

I can't believe this scene passed the test audience. I saw it on opening night and when Bane first talked, the whole theatre laughed.

Yes, but the flight plan he filed said only one of masked men. Hence why Bane said one of them needed to be in the wreckage. It was one of Bane's small but crucial mistakes that gives more relevance to the CIA Bane investigation subplot. The CIA knew that Bane had Dr. Pavel because there was one of them in the wreckage (like CIA said would be required "only one of you") but CIA had actually listed all 3 and Bane didn't realise this, hence why the CIA were operating behind the scenes to take down Bane. Who do you think set up the batlogo on Gotham Bridge?

I saw it in a video like most people and I was flabbergasted by the voice they went with. At first I thought this must be a parody video and someone had dubbed in a fake voice. But no, they gave Bane this weird old man voice with an otherworldly echo and an incomprehensible accent. Even more ridiculous than the one they got for Adam Jensen. Come to think of it, that was 2011 too. What the fuck was going on that year?

Well originally, Wilson wasn't tasked with that much since he's only meant to be a glorified babysitter, extracting Pavel in and out of Tadjikistan. His heads probably weren't expecting that he be burdened with Bane's mercenaries, and he was the one that tried to show off to his bosses by performing intimidation tactics on them mid-flight. Also, Wilson is probably a government official assigned to the mission to reassure Pavel that "yes the american government cares about you :3, see they sent me!".

The actually trained men on the mission were enough, since there's always two three operatives in the background, just not too much of them that it would cause a geopolitical nightmare if they got caught.

At least Adam Jensen's voice actor actually sounds like that in real life.
youtube.com/watch?v=MTwzuA-mq1U

The plane scene makes perfect sense on so many different levels. Both technically and metaphorically. You wasted those trips

Yeah, it's actually a cool voice for someone to have, but I'm kind of amazed that they found a guy with resting Solid Snake voice.

What about the Masketta Man?

What about shutting your fucking mouth? He clearly said "masked man."

>still haven't seen the film
>Banepost regardless
>also know all of his lines

People like you are literally ruining this board. Watch more fucking film. It doesn't take long. Most films are 2 hours at most. What the fuck are you doing with your life that you have all this time to spend on Sup Forums but can't watch a 2 hour film?

Head nice and hot

You don't get to bring friends

Don't watch it, it's fucking shit.

CIA says the flight plan only includes one additional prisoner. However, he's clearly lying, because he doesn't throw the prisoner out of the plane. So the flight plan must list all three prisoners. And Bane knows this, because he calls CIA's bluff. So why does he only insist on leaving one extra body in the wreckage when there should be three?

>3 called in, 1 body
When a plane breaks up in the air like it did, wreckage can be spread over many many square miles, which take months to search and may never be completely found. It's possible that 2 bodies get lost in the crash, or at least a prolonged search will give Bane enough time to enact his plans in Gotham anyway.
>CIA knows how Pavel looks
Pavel is going to look like minced meat once the plane hits the ground. The thing I would actually worry about are dental records or DNA (not from blood). I guess Bane is a mastermind after all, and he did something to cover for dental records, and hoped that the blood will confuse the CIA for long enough to finish his plans.

I'm actually surprised that Bill with his head turned around isn't a popular image in this meme. It feels like it has so much meme potential.

And he's doing God's work.

big if true

You can see the raw emotion in his face as his eyebrows give a slight raise along the short nod. It's surprise, refusal, intrigue and wonder within 2 seconds. It says "I'll hear you out, but I'm not sure if you're about to wow me." He's on the verge of being amazed and his face perfectly expresses a man micro seconds away from discovering "Bane". Bane, his dream. Bane, his promotion. It feels as if you stepped into the real world and are watching a conversation take place. You can feel that gravel beneath your feet. The cold air and just in the corner of your eye is that looming figure that Bill Wilson has been hoping to grab.

he calls back: we are taking off all according to the flight plan .

Only that plane scene was quoteable

TDK is the most quoteable in the trilogy

The room is more quoteable that all TDK movies

mmmhhmmmmm

>mosquito man
>musketta man
>masketta man
>mosqueta man
which man are you, Sup Forums?

I was always a musketta man, but it never caught on.

Doctor Pavelthorpe, I presume.

BANESWORTH'

Bane worked with the guy who gave them and Pavel over to CIA. Why? If his point was to get Pavel, why risk it? Was it just to have CIA believe Pavel to be dead?

This scene is cursed. It's the last thing a room full of moviegoers watched before being massacred in one of the worst mass shooting incidents in history. James Holmes crashed the theater with no survivors (except for those left in the wreckage)

>Only that plane scene was quoteable
Speak of the devil… and he shall appear.

Do you feel in charge?

And this gives you power over me? … Your money and infrastructure have been important… ‘til now.

I’m Gotham’s reckoning. Here to end the borrowed time you’ve all been living on.

Let’s not stand on ceremony here, Mr Wayne. … Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you. … Theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated. But we are initiated, aren’t we Bruce? Members of the League of Shadows. And you betrayed us!

I am the League of Shadows, here to fulfil Ra’s Al Ghul’s destiny! … You fight like a younger man. Nothing held back. Admirable, but mistaken. … Ah, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn’t see the light until I was already a man, and by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! The shadows betray you, because they belong to me! … I’ll show you where I have made my home while preparing to bring justice. Then, I will break you. … Your precious armory. Gratefully accepted. We will need it. … Ah yes, I wondered what would break first- your spirit … or your body.

Do you accept this man’s resignation?! Do you accept the resignations of all these liars?! Of all the corrupt?! We take Gotham from the corrupt, the rich. The oppressors of generations who’ve kept you down with the myth of opportunity. And we give it to you, the people. Gotham is yours, none shall interfere. Do as you please. But start by storming Blackgate and freeing the oppressed! Step forward, those who would serve, for an army will be raised. The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests and cast into the cold world the rest of us have known and endured. Courts will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed. Blood will be shed. The police will survive, until they are ready to serve true justice. This great city will endure. Gotham will survive.

Some hothead janitor keeps deleting other Bane threads

Maybe because they're spam. This one was specifically created with a discussion topic about the film in mind so it would be rather stupid if this one was deleted. Just because this scene is a meme doesn't mean there aren't people who don't want to discuss it.

>Just because this scene is a meme doesn't mean there aren't people who don't want to discuss it.

Sorry, I meant to say "Just because this scene isn't not a meme doesn't not mean there aren't not people who don't not want not to discuss it."

Oh, nevermind, the dumb cunt put it on autosage.

I never thought about it that way. That's actually pretty fucked up and I find it a little troubling that we continued Baneposting through that incident. Yet, I've never seen any images making fun of it, so maybe Sup Forums knows how to show some respect.

You know what I find kind of saddening is that it's very possible and fun to analyze pretty much any film like this, the way people like to do for Nolan Batman and the DCEU, but these are the only films that get this treatment. Everything else people just post hateful memes and cherrypicked webms, screencap the low RT score, and are all around jackasses. I really, really wish we could have more fun like this for other movies but if someone even tries they basically just get called autistic.