So after Mulholland Drive, I think this was my favorite Lynch production. Still need to see Inland Empire...

So after Mulholland Drive, I think this was my favorite Lynch production. Still need to see Inland Empire, but am I crazy for loving this one? Why do so many people despise it?

Anyone who despises Lost Highway is an idiot, it's a masterpiece.

Fire Walk With Me is still his best though.

>Why do so many people despise it?
>83 Metascore
The fuck you on about?

where do u see 83?

It's a masterpiece but that nu metal soundtrack jesus

Only Ebert disliked it

I loved it too. And honestly I saw it before MD and found the latter less compelling and watered down in comparison. Inland Empire is definitely Lynch's best (imo), or perhaps FWWM

i like it! it's dated but i like alot of it. especially the This Moral Coil song.

What scene did NIN play during again? It's been a while since I watched the film. I'm pretty certain it was in the latter half with Pete though.

Also I think this was the closest Lynch has come to making a horror movie. I was spooked and normally Lynch doesn't spook me to bad.

mfw Rammstein and NIN in Twin Peaks Season 3

>Fire Walk With Me is still his best though.
things only normie plebs say

I found it to be a pretty dated movie stylistically. It felt so 90s, in a bad way. Probably just the soundtrack and characters that did it. And thematically and stylistically it felt like an immature version of what we got in Mulholland Drive, which I think is significantly better in every way.

>he doesn't like nu-metal

Anyone who says Lost Highway is a masterpiece is an idiot. I like the movie, but calm down.

lost highway is a superior mulholland drive

agreed. it's overrated. Still like it though. I prefer Blue Velvet and Lost highway over mulholand drive for sure

Elephant Man > Eraserhead > Fire Walk With Me > Lost Highway > Mulholland Drive > Everything Else > Inland Empire

FWWM Q2 fanedit>Lost Highway>Mulholland>FWWM

Road rage scene. 4 or 5 seconds of The Perfect Drug.

And at the end of the film when the cops are chasing Fred, Driver down is blaring..

Although technically thats not officially a NIN track.

Also the Videodrone noises are by TR but arent songs.

Because it's possibly Lynch's most obfuscated film. It's hard to decipher what the story was about or what happened. Also Patricia Arquette just fucking sucks and Balthazar Getty has zero personality and they're the leads. The soundtrack is nostalgic now but at the time of release nu metal soundtracks were way overdone. Not to mention Marilyn Manson appearing in the movie for no reason at all. I like the film but it has a lot of problems.

This is the most pleb ranking of his films that I've ever seen

>calling NIN and even Marilyn Manson "numetal"

Whatever you say child.

Blue Velvet > Eraserhead > The Elephant Man > Twin Peaks season 1 > Wild at Heart > The Straight Story > Fire Walk With Me > Mulholland Drive > Dune > Inland Empire > Twin Peaks season 2 > Lost Highway > Twin Peaks season 3

Dune was directed by Alan Smithee you dummy

also ultrapleb rating like your buddy

>Dune was directed by Alan Smithee you dummy

No, it wasn't.

whatever you say pleb

Literally this except the complete opposite
You do know Alan Smithee is a pseudonym right?

Most people (incorrectly) label all alternative rock/metal around the year 2000 as Nu Metal

>nu metal
It was industrial dadrock, not nu metal.

>You do know Alan Smithee is a pseudonym right?
No, I read the wiki page for Dune and I watched all of Lynch's films, but somehow I didn't knew that. I suppose Alan just flips after Kyle whispers 'you'll never have me' in his ear, and he turns back to David and drives menacingly into the wild west, disowning the film.

lost highway has high initial-view freak-out factor

its also hard to understand unless you watch it several times

its my favorite lynch film as well, and in my top 10

If you think that was numetal then you're probably dumb enough to think the gif you posted has Marilyn Manson in it.

83 up my ass, Gump

LYNCHED

>> Twin Peaks season 3
Absolutely.

explain this pic

which part? It's 3 stills from Twin Peaks.

Top: original, shot on film, 4:3 aspect ratio.
Middle: from S3. Original, but degrained and color graded to match the putrid digital, as well as cropped to 16:9.
Bottom: completely new footage, set recreated to match the old. Digital looks like piss, grading looks abysmal, depth is nonexistent. The stat of modern television, and to an extent, modern digital film.

They had to make the original film worst so it could match todays standards, or lack thereof.

Only because it went against his very narrow moral agenda. Half of Ebert's reviews are just him bitching about things that offended him. He shit all over Blue Velvet because """poor""" Isabella Rossellini was """forced""" to parade around naked and be """embarrassed""" by Lynch. Rossellini then basically called Ebert an idiot.

>20 year old alternative/progressive music is now dadrock

sad

you kids like now only djs and raps?

You have to go back tothe past and reddit

Ebert, like any critic, was wrong a lot.

If you switch the first and the last then you'd be correct