/STD/ Star Trek General

No Cbs shills allowed.

Other urls found in this thread:

trekmovie.com/2017/09/25/star-trek-discovery-season-2-could-be-in-2019-plus-producers-talk-what-to-expect-coming-up/
digitalspy.com/tv/star-trek-discovery/news/a835632/star-trek-discovery-klingons-season-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=KoBk8bxU1rs
youtube.com/watch?v=2qCBFmDp3xE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey guys! Friendly reminder to boldly subscribe to CBS All Access to watch new episodes of Star Trek Discovery every Sunday night!

I'm boycotting trek until they stop with the prequel bs. Make something set during or after TNG/DS9.
>IT'S THE FUTURE
>but the holodeck hadn't been invented yet
>also we don't have replicators
>also we don't have positronic AIs yet
>also we haven't met any cool aliens like shapeshifters or the borg
>also we still have this phobia of augmented humans that we'll never get over
>also our best ship still can't go as fast as the death star because no transwarp
>also we can't cloak because of some gay peace treaty

If they love prequels so much why not just go whole hog? Have the enterprise be a raft in the pacific 6000 years ago.

>cbs all access

Where no man has gone before.

I'm sorry but I don't want a Star Trek thread on this board right now, so I am officially cursing this thread.

Anyone who posts in this thread will see terrible misfortune.

Goodbye.

>we don't have replicators
One of the writers said they are in the upcoming episodes, dumb cunts.

Prequel shit only limits what you can do with the source material we know there won't be any borg episodes and this will just be some klingon war bs for 4 seasons then in the can it goes

Literally on Netflix in every other country than Trumpland

Not Canada, they have to watch it on TV.

This thing you weebs are doing where you refuse to talk about the new Star Trek show in the Star Trek thread is fucking pathetic and childish. Grow the fuck up.

hah

>these are the days of our lives
>in space

#STDnotStarTrek
#STDisSoapOpera

===>

am i still banned

We could have gotten Season 5 of Star Trek: Enterprise
>Shran and Archer fighting together in the Romulan War
>revealing T'Pol's grandfather was a Romulan, explaining why she's such a shitty Vulcan
>birth of the Federation
>Archer becoming 1st President
>Malcolm becoming head of Section 31
>true origins of the Borg

Instead we got JJTrek and CBSTrek

>the picatinny rail on the phaser rifle in STD
Destroy us Q

This

Star Trek: Master and Commander when?

Hungry?

Too bad now I have to put a muslim curse on you.

That would have been fucking cool.
Also didn't archer become an admiral after ENT?

>CBS All Access—Exclusive Home of Star Trek Discovery shills?
They do not exist.

I would pay good money to see Russell Crowe as captain in a star trek series

JP Morgan is now short selling CBS stock because of the NFL thing. If the anti-SJW backlash is bad enough maybe we'll get lucky and someone will melt Michael with a phaser so the show will be watchable

>C'MON THEN YOU PUSSY KLINGONS
>I'LL SEND YOU ALL TO FUCKING STO'VO'KOR

One of the original ideas for rebooting the franchise for TV was an anthology series, some of the show runners said that future seasons might not be with the same people and definitely not involving the Klangon war.

we'll just pretend this isn't a copy of what Disney is doing with the Star Wars franchis

>trekmovie.com/2017/09/25/star-trek-discovery-season-2-could-be-in-2019-plus-producers-talk-what-to-expect-coming-up/
>digitalspy.com/tv/star-trek-discovery/news/a835632/star-trek-discovery-klingons-season-2/

Can we please get a bogan Star Trek Captain or even a first officer.

Not bogans but obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=KoBk8bxU1rs

That was top
youtube.com/watch?v=2qCBFmDp3xE
This got me though
>Gobbys forever

The problem is Netflix's library is very small outside the states, and it doesn't worth to get a subscription just for their originals and STD.

>Trumpland
I like the sound of that. He should make a theme park called Trumpland.

ENT did the same crap. They just had to shoehorn the known tech in there, despite it not existing for centuries to come.

This is just one problem with prequels. It's also the thing that shows prequels aren't really prequels anymore. They're just a way to piggyback on known names early on. That's also the only reason Mike has a relation with Sarek. No-one gives a fuck who her mentor is, but they go "uhuhuhu she's Spock's half sister, so everyone who likes Spock will like her".

Everything about STD shows that the people who worked on it don't actually know the first thing about Star Trek. They want to make another generic sci-fi show, but have the built-in audience of working stiff normies who enjoy TNG because it was a competently made TV show, but complain "I wish there was more action".

We're no longer living in a time where the objective of making commercial art is to actually make art, and hope people like that art. It's focus group bullcrap about doing the safest thing imaginable and definitely not actually challenging anyone's ideas, especially not those of the most aggressive groups.

ENT was crap, though. I really don't understand why there are suddenly people saying it was good. I mean, Shran was good, yes. Some of the characters got slightly better. But it never got up to the level of a series I would enjoy. It was bland, and the level it got to in season 4 is what it should have been at right at the start.

Still sounds like a bad idea. One of the things that makes the pilot suck is that all the other characters except Saru are props to Micheal's incredibly shitty backstory. It's almost like I'm watching a shitty superhero franchise with these anemic one and a half hour fucking origin story.

So after the first two parter, we have zero character development. Two of the three most important people in it are dead, and the other is our main character, who is an unlikable shit who got the other two characters killed.

Is this the Orville thread?

How the fuck does Seth fucking McFaggot make a better trek show than the actually official trek show? CBS should be embarrassed.

But right after DS9 and the Nemesis movie, the timeline is reset.

They should make a new series more in the future, but kill off all the time travelers so the Kelvin timeline won't happen.

ah but netflix also has all of the star trek tv series and a few other things like always sunny

>relegating your new epic show to some digital backwater

By having passion for the project, rather than trying to earn money. And ironically, that's what earns him money, because passion makes people make unique products. Even if it's Family Guy.

Also, The Orville has several ex-Trek people working on it. More than STD, in fact. Patrick Stewart is also going to appear in a cameo, which was all but a given, because he appears on American Dad very often. There's no way he was going to not show up in a McFarlane Trek spoof.

Just found out too that Jonathan Frakes is directing some of The Orville episodes. This starting to make sense why it feels like Trek.

Every time she's on screen she looks constipated and is angry it wont come out, maybe she is and is using it to "act" vulcan with all those repressed human emotions.

I like STD, I like Orville.

i hope they both run 12 seasons and 3 movies

I will watch it all

I give STD 2 seasons, the Orville 3 seasons and a TV movie

I'm not paying CBS more money to watch their trek.

>is using it to "act" vulcan
I did enjoy the flashback where she was acting over-the-top "logical" and "restrained", especially as a counterpoint to how over-the-top emotional and insane she acted in the present.

What do you like about STD? I mean, I'm legit not seeing the quality in the show and discussion about it has been pretty defensive, so I'm curious to know.

I mean, I wish I liked it. But for me, it doesn't have anything that made me like Trek. I'll watch ep 3, but frankly I don't think it will be better.

If STD underperforms (i.e. doesn't carry CBS All Access on its back), I doubt they'll renew it. They show is so shit because they have no faith in the franchise, so I don't see them giving it a second chance.

>CBS All Access

lmao this is a thing

It looks shiny and there will always be autists who flock to the brand no matter how bad it is.

I can't believe that the annoying asshole who brought us tripe like American Dad actually managed to make a better Star Trek than the Star Trek people. How did the franchise lose its way so completely?