Just finished watching Homecoming

Just finished watching Homecoming
Did we like it or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K4zm30yeHHE
youtu.be/2JLOSQAFYDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was good in its own right. I understand they couldnt bring up Uncle Ben with the current political climate.

It's the worst spiderman movie

It's def a good movie. Not as good as spiderman 1, but good enough. High school casting was weird.

>worst spiderman movie
lul what?

I thought it was alright.
On the one hand I liked how it wasn't another origin story, but how it didn't mention uncle Ben at all despite him being the main reason Peter became Spider-man was odd feeling.
Keaton was great though.

I loved that part, which is the BIG moment in the movie, the BIG action scene, where all the drama and conflict was that Spider-Man was climbing a wall. Not only that, but he could fall! He didn't have his parachutes on! What would happen if Spider-Man fell from a wall? Does he have any other means to get back to it, like his adherence which is his main power and his webs? No. That's where the drama is!

That scenes deverves an award. Best moment ever in any superhero movie ever.

The ASM movies were better.

decent besides the Mary Jane twist which actually left a shitty taste in my mouth after watching

Spiderman 2>Homecoming>Spiderman 1>Amazing Spiderman 1>Spiderman 3>Amazing Spiderman 2

"No"

Spiderman 2 = Homecoming > Spiderman 1 = Amazing Spiderman 1 > Spiderman 3 > Amazing Spiderman 2

pretty fun.

Agreed

why's that?

this!

I enjoyed it. MJ was a big detriment to the movie though.

Nope.

Uncle Ben is your typical Trump voter.

Best adaptation of Spiderman to date

The first 2 Sam rami ones were more fun and better movies, but this one actually felt like an awkward teenager who was way out of his depth

i want to fuck aunt may

she had like two lines

It's not good but its not Amazing Spider Man levels of bad

>After seeing the movie I was messaging one of my friends who asked why it's so poor and why I disliked it so much and my exact words were, "t's more MCU garbage but this time it's Spider-Man and it feels fucking personal". That big, fat 94% on Rotten Tomatoes, the incredibly positive consensus on social media, it just proves that Marvel has won, they've won over everyone, critics and audiences alike, with their openly corporatized, overly-produced piece of modern-era junk. It proves that, for the time being, good, creative films have lost, stuck in a sea of big-budget corporatized products which seek to homogenize other money-making properties in an endless pursuit of more, more, & more money and less, less, & less artistic freedom.

It was boring. Definitely plenty of "subtle" SJW programming in there too.

>subtle
Blackwashing the most famous love interest in comic history and having her say that Washington owned slaves is considered subtle nowadays?

yes it was fun and entertaining

Really good actually. No idea why Sup Forums was shitting on this. Maybe because it's different than Raimi's films? It's about on par with Spider-Man 1

>not seeing that I put the word in quotations

Are you old enough to be here?

Peter....

I enjoyed it, but had to pause it several times because of the high school stuff.

But maybe that is just me getting old.

This 9 minute gameplay trailer > all of those

youtube.com/watch?v=K4zm30yeHHE

does it even matter by the time he hits the 3rd movie he will be killed off to be replaced by a gay black mexican...nothing is as obivous as marvel sabotaging there own ip's as this.

>Spider-Man: Homecoming is nothing but another in a long line of process-paneled, audience-tested products, designed to put "story" and "character" ahead of form & thematics, it's clear from the very first image exactly what this movie is going to be- a wide shot of Avengers tower over the skyline of NYC, this isn't the New York of Raimi's trilogy, a seemingly endless city of verve and excitement, where the citizens are passionate about their home and Spider-Man the icon of the people, no, this is the New York of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, a place where in-jokes and easter egg references are leaned on far more heavily than genuine emotion and well-developed characters. When the film culminates in a scene at the all-gray, completely concrete Avengers home base, dominated by garish CGI, it's obvious just how much of a cash grab this film is.

>Teenager poiderman is the best one

>"Shit! A cunny thread on Sup Forums!"

Holland's definately the best live action Spider Man we've had

tobey is the spiderman

Tobey was an autistic cuck

nope

I like that shirt.

Uhm, akshually, they're NATIVE AMERICANS..?!

Fucking terrible. Worst movie Marvel has ever made.

>Did we like it or not?

The latter. Based Michael Keaton was the only redeeming quality of this steaming pile of shit.

youtu.be/2JLOSQAFYDA

Yeah you didn't watch it

this.

He can't cry but he had it

Fucking Indians want to be called Indians, because that's what they are, they hate that "Native American" crap.

Also that "mary jane" character, was one of the most annoying casts ever.

Other then the "subtle" SJW pandering, movie was fun, better then amazing spider-man but that's not hard to accomplish.
Rami is still king tho

that could be said for every Marvel flick though it's not like their going for any aesthetics or vision here

the hero of this movie is fucking stupid

I did. And I paid for imax as well. It was fucking terrible. The cgi was worse than the first iron man. The characters were shit, the plot was shit, there was no moral lesson, no shot of spiderman in NYC swinging through buildings, the kid that plays spiderman is a fucking fag, and basically fucking kill yourself for liking this shit you fucking autistic FUCK.
Wrong.

Overall I thought it was pretty strong. I was expecting a lot less, was pleasantly surprised.

Tom Holland was great. The callbacks to the comics were subtle and well-done (like the callback to ASM #33 where he lifts the rubble, or red Spider-Man light, or the half-and-half Spidey/Parker face that he sees in a puddle). Michael Keaton was understated and ominous, and had understandable motivations for his crimes.

The were a few cons, though. The Flash casting was atrocious, and not just because he wasn't white. Additionally, the story relied too much on Tony Stark. I know he's Marvel's tentpole but I wish they would have given Spidey a bit more room to breathe without him being such an integral part of the story.

Well he is a teenager

please name a Marvel film that doesn't look like a TV movie or has an identity/director's vision of its own and is not just another cog in the wheel?

Yeah you didn't watch it

why did tony stark redeem peter parker at the end of the movie? spider-man was the reason the plane crashed and nearly wiped out the amusement park killing probably hundreds of people. it was that same reckless behavior that tony stark grilled him for throughout the movie

was peter parker the villain and does tony stark fund terrorists?

That doesn't excuse him from being a complete fucking moron.
He should check his privilege.

Go back to fucking reddit you fucking fag

2>1>3=ASM=Homecoming>ASM2

This
Peter literally caused 9/11 2 electric boogalo

>muh raimishit
>t. every kid who was 8 years old when those movie came out

grow up you faggot

>spider-man was the reason the plane crashed and nearly wiped out the amusement park killing probably hundreds of people

nigga that amusement park was empty, it was the middle of the night

seemingly, seemingly

2>1=HC>3>ASM>ASM2
This is the objectively correct rating

2 > Homecoming > ASM > 1 > ASM2 >3

Tobey was a shit Spidey and an even worse Parker.

1>2>3>ASM 1>ASM 2> The abortion that is Homecoming.

Fuck anyone that thinks otherwise.

good ranking although I'd skip both ASM

>muh pol

Nice projecting

>muh jewish agenda

>Arkham Spiderman
Nice.

No, that's Andrew. Shame the movies themselves were shit.

>we
Oh, look! It's that faggot again! Hi, faggot!

It's easy to tell who's actually seen the movie and who hasn't from the responses in this thread. There's no way in hell you could possibly think this is worse than the ASM movies.

Gay spider-man is best spider-man

That's a lot of quicktime t b h.
But is it Spider-Man 2 web-swinging??

I liked it a lot and it's probably my favorite spiderman movie, one of my favorite marvel movies too.

Don't understand the hate it got. Good Parker, fun suit, great villain, Tony was also great as a burgeoning father figure, and the story never felt like it slowed down too much.

i thought it was about as good as the netflix death note

it's just very very bland american movie making

what did Captain America mean by what he says after the credits? are they implying the movie sucks because of the producers? are they implying this isn't just a shitty spider-man story all around?

OP is talking about Homecoming, not either of the """Amazing""" movies.
Literally we all liked it. This Peter cutest Peter.

Do you expect people to take you seriously when you're not even smart enough to understand such an on-the-nose joke?

>inb4 I was only pretending

Those Cap videos were great. Even better that they had him in that lame avengers costume.

Cap vids, school news reports and Hannibal were the standout laughs. I wonder who wrote them because it sure as fuck wasn't whoever wrote the rest of the movie.

Hannibal Burton was great even though he only had like 3 lines

>"Though I think this guy is a war criminal now or something, whatever"

he's making a joke about how disappointing the movie was. we waited so long for such a shit movie

if it ended with a disney castle instead of SONY BE MOVED he would have said something different. the sony/columbia logos scroll at a slower pace than the regular credits for comedic effect

This movie works only within the 'marvel universe', the only good thing in it is the Vulture. Everything else is on range from 'meh' to 'duh'. I dont regret watching it, and i dont regrent not seeing it in the theatre.

by all metrics though it wasn't a shit movie

While i felt that something good that was in asm is missing in homecoming. But for not developing the reatrded romance line homecoming deserve at least some part of praise it gets.

At least he was in the suit and not rendered.

do the bonus features tell you how many on screen minutes spiderman is actually a real person?

he puts on the baggy suit and then stumbles around for omg hes cute and then just presses the CGI button and the movie just becomes a video game cutscene. vulture is always moving fast or shadowy, he was 97% CGI at least

>Fucking Indians want to be called Indians, because that's what they are, they hate that "Native American" crap.
Yeah I never got that either. America is named after some Italian fuck anyway so why is that more appropriate or less insulting than Indian?

It's terrible, I'd rather watch the Garfield ones than this crap again.

*inhales deeply*

so why exactly does the vulture grab the exploding crate at the end? is he trying to suicide?

he literally tries to crush peter to death, who suddenly shows up and does the airplane scene, then he has him in his talons again. and just drops him and grabs a crate that is CLEARLY about to explode. he says on the ferry "you're messin with things ya don't understand" implying he is very knowledgeable about this alien tech. and then he grabs the box that is about to explode

They made a Squirrel Girl movie?

He wants the arc reactors because he wants at least one thing from the failed scavenge. It wasn't the box that was exploding, it was his wings.

Why didn't Spider-Man just beat up the midget brown bully?

which game is this?

so bad I stopped watching around the 20 min marl, finished the movie on my second monitor as background noise to my game

that's the next movie, duh

I see a lot of QTE and not a lot of gameplay

Is above average, recycling old material but not adding nothing new, good villain, good Parker, Garfield was a better spider-man, outfit is trash, CGI is really awful except final battle, predicable plot, not enough MJ.

6/10

SM 2 > SM 1 > ASM 1 > ASM 2 > HC > SM3