Out of gas

>out of gas
>DUDE LET'S KILL OURSELVES LMAO

yeah I get the movie didn't want to stretch it out, but they seemed to come to that decision really fast.

Probably should have had the conversation, only 4 bullets, what do?

Then maybe a night and another day stuck in the car, and the car is attacked by something trying to get in maybe, they're hungry and thirsty, maybe one of them tries to get out, but has to jump back in because a monster almost gets him. THEN they're like fuck it, just do it.

Would have added maybe five minutes to the runtime.

They just saw a fucking gargantuan elephant tentacle thing stride by prior to that moment, I think it was clear to them that the world was fucked and that the only thing they would have been waiting for at that point was to be killed in some unimaginably horrific way.

Darabont filmed this scene as a joke.
Friendly reminder to any edgy faggots out there who thought it was intentional kino.

This. I don't see how this is hard to understand.

They were surrounded by the most nightmarish shit imaginable, and had spent the past few days watching people die in inconceivably terrible ways and also completely losing their faith in humanity. Then they ran out of gas.

It's just retards shitposting.

[citation needed]

Why not fill it up at a gas station or just go there and chill instead of driving around?

>not shooting the monster

considering the source material, and the inspiration behind the source material, I'm willing to bet this isn't true

>man goes insane because he saw something unimaginably horrific and kills himself
>man loses all hope and offs himself because he saw something horrifying beyond belief
sound familiar?

retard

Because going to a gas station and getting out of the car to fill it up means risking having eggs laid in your brain or being ripped apart or some shit. They weren't having it anymore.

The King short story it's based on ends completely differently, fyi. The shitty movie ending is 100% Darabont.

where the fuck were they going?

Lol the last fucking word in the story was "hope". They were resting in a gas station and one of them picked up a radio signal, giving them a direction.

trying to outrun the mist. too bad they were driving the wrong way ;^)

The short story has a total non-ending, because Stephen King is terrible at endings. He said himself that Darabont's ending is better than the one he came up with. You just didn't get it.

If Darabont wanted to adapt Lovecraft he should've adapted Lovecraft. No point pretending to adapt an imitator.

He said it was hilarious. King hates his characters and would be the first to say as much.

The Mist is largely a criticism of the dangers of belief, but the ending suggests that completely losing hope isn't a good thing either. One must lead a life of balance.

The King ending is way better because even though it ends hopefully David still thinks of the gun and the number of bullets left implying that he's prepared for things to take a very dark turn. We didn't need to see them actually killing each other and we definitely didn't need the military showing up immediately afterward.

Character development is the thing he's best at. He certainly doesn't hate his characters, and he wasn't taking the piss when he said he liked Darabont's ending. You're just making things up now. And we know that he would have been vocal about it if he didn't like it because he gave Kubrick so much shit even though Kubrick's film is vastly superior to any other incarnation of the story including the original book and that god awful miniseries.

And we sure as fuck didn't need to unironically see Thomas Jane's film-ruining acting.

Darabont did the same thing with Shawshank. In the novella it ends with Red getting out of prison and following the clues Andy left to get to him but ends without them actually reuniting leaving it a mystery if he ever finds him. In the movie not only do they reunite but the movie fades out with them hugging on a beach. Totally unnecessary.

>he certainly doesn't hate his characters
At least attempt to read his nonfiction before posting. Jesus Christ. He wrote Misery with the full intent to kill his protagonist, to name one example. He's not autistic and understands that his characters are fictional. He doesn't give a shit about them.

In both cases the story simply didn't have an ending until Darabont fixed it. I'm all for ambiguous endings but I'd say those are two very notable exceptions.

>novella
>over 500 pages
Buddy.....

You are not pulling this from King's nonfiction, you are pulling it from your ass.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you there.

The movie only adds one short wordless scene of their reunion on the beach, and it was way better than ending on a mystery, at least for the movie. I only read the novella once many many years ago, but I remember the ending.

Also I cry every time I get to that last scene on the beach ;_;

now that's what I call a sticky situation

I'd agree if the book did the same thing.

I have read all of King's nonfiction, and you are full of shit.

Shawshank is maybe 200 pages, the fuck are you on about?

It's part of Different Seasons, which is over 500 pages, but it's FOUR different novellas collected.

Adaptations are required to change things in order to avoid being completely pointless. Only an autistic fanboy goes into a film based on a book and expects to see the book copied and pasted onto the screen. It's always the filmmaker's interpretation of the source material and that's what makes it (potentially) interesting.

That just sounds like the movie holding my hand. I'm glad they didn't bother with that.

>but they seemed to come to that decision really fast.

They had been driving until they ran out of gas and all they saw was the mist not clearing up, bunch of dead bodies and wrecked cars everywhere, giant monsters roaming about... After what they had experienced in the store, you really fucking think they were going to just start walking out in the open and hope for the best? They had no plan outside of just trying to drive away, no provisions, almost no ammo... Suicide with a gun sounds pretty attractive option over being eaten alive by a monster.

Ah yes, interpreting one clearly described scene to actually mean that some completely different scene that I made up on my own happened. Hate when that happens.

After going through all that miserable shit, both the characters and the audience needed some kind of closure. The more 'brutal' ending isn't ALWAYS the better one.

>costanza

I'm just not going to even bother reading your post.

The face he makes is so funny
> "AAAAHHH"
> "huh guess I'm out of bullets too"

Shut the hell up virgin.

Very Kafkaesque

It's funny if you don't understand human emotions. For those of us without some kind of developmental or psychological disorder it was deeply unsettling.

Too much Lovecraftian

>ALWAYS
Go back faggot.

>I can't think of an argument, but I also don't want to say that I can't think of an argument

The king ending is so nothing.
At least the Mist ending was SOMETHING

wot the fok did ye just say 2 me m8? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked ova 300 chocolate globbernaughts frum tha corner shop. im trained in street fitin' & im the strongest foker in tha entire newcastle gym. yer nothin to me but a cheeky lil bellend w/ a fit mum & fakebling. ill waste u and smash a fokin bottle oer yer head bruv, i swer 2 christ. ya think u can fokin run ya gabber at me whilst sittin on yer arse behind a lil screen? think again wanka. im callin me homeboys rite now preparin for a proper scrap. A roomble thatll make ur nan sore jus hearin about it. yer a waste bruv. me crew be all over tha place & ill beat ya to a proper fokin pulp with me fists wanka. if i aint satisfied w/ that ill borrow me m8s cricket paddle & see if that gets u the fok out o' newcastle ya daft kunt. if ye had seen this bloody fokin mess commin ye might a' kept ya gabber from runnin. but it seems yea stupid lil twat, innit? ima shite fury & ull drown in it m8. ur ina proper mess knob.

I wouldnt expect someone getting BTFO logically to read my post

I know you're memeing but you're actually right this time

>monster's legs on their own like 200ft long
>4 handgun bullets

Nah just in this clip
But I watched it with my dad and when the army came we laughed our asses off

Whatever bizarre hangups you have are not my problem user

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Except they saw that days ago and wrote everything down while in a motel room in South Carolina, continuing to make their way south. No end to the mist in sight. End novella. Movie is fanfiction

They did, many times. Learn to read. Movie is shit.

We're clearly discussing the film adaptation you stupid faggot, shut the fuck up.

This is the same person who says Kubrick's The Shining is inferior to his own due to the hotel not exploding.

I suppose King admits that IT is superior to his book also?

Should've at least tried to fuck the monsters before killing themselves t b h lads

this movie is so god damn funny

But in Gerald's Game he spoke of a man with a puny erection and contrasted it with a fire engine of love. Therefore your penis is shit

fucking retarded cuck nigger kill yourself

According to King's nonfiction, creativity unleashes its magic bowels on his head

So it was a "will they, won't they" story all along

>reading genre fiction

Subhuman tier

Is The Mist... dare I say it - lovecraftian kino?
It features eldritch horrors.

This movie made me really paranoid.

I hope you and your mother get cancer.

rude

Most of King's horror work is just ripping off Lovecraft and stripping away the redpills

you realize that the movie ending was a studio demand and Darabont didn't want it?

It actually has nothing to do with Lovecraft. As the characters find out in the story the creatures aren't eldritch cosmic horrors. They're just hungry animals from a parallel Earth.

No I didn't. Though that makes sense since the ending of Shawshank screams studio note. What's his excuse for The Mist though?

>We didn't need to see them actually killing each other and we definitely didn't need the military showing up immediately afterward
But without those scenes the movie would have been as bad as the book.

the director is a fangirl making a movie for girls to cry over.

girls like tragedy and sad endings like in titanic and logan. i don't understand their weird need to actively seek out and force themselves to cry (after titanic came out there was a news report about a trend among girls to have sleepovers where they play the titanic theme song and they compete who sheds tears first) but that's the way they are.

I hope you get cancer.

I dunno after seeing those fucked up alien spider things that grow in your body and mutilate you to shit I'd be more inclined to take the easy way out

Why?

Females need drama

>not fighting for son
>kills son instead

Darabont is a beta faggot.

He spared the kid of pain.

Might have been a fuck you to the studio after Shawshank, because he has indicated that the studio didn't like the change, but I guess he had enough pull at that point to make it happen anyway. Or he wanted to mix things up a little from a 'weak' King ending. I personally like ambiguous endings, but I also appreciated the balls Darabont had to do something that different.
What should he have done instead?

No he didnt.

He has none. Harvey Weinstein begged him to change the ending and even offered to raise the budget by 10 million if he did it AND he could still shoot his ending as an alternate for the DVD and Darabont still refused. For better or worse The Mist ending is 100% his vision.

>bullet to the head is worse than having spider eggs hatching under your skin

A book and a movie are entirely different. A book gives you the words and you create the visual in your mind, so a cliffhanger or non-ending story leaves it to your imagination to finish the story.

Movies are visual story telling. If you watch a movie you've never seen on mute you can still somewhat follow the story but if you only listen to it you're lost in a few minutes, try it. You are seeing the story rather than creating a visual in your head so cliffhanger movie endings leave you expecting a sequel to finish the story rather than finishing the story in your head.

Steven King is a bad writer.

Ddi you forget the army showed up?

And how was he supposed to know?

>being this autistic

Thats not the issue. You said he spared him pain.

i would have given the gun to my son to protect himself and i would have gone out shirtless and wrestled the giant thing and tied it to front of car and forced it drag car to safety

in other words, i would not have gone all girly and given up

How would a reddit queer even have a son?

Don't ever reply to me again if you want to be mean

You would have never even made it out of the supermarket faggot.

>thought it was intentional

They put it in movie and released it.

No, I didn't. Different user.