So how do I start watching this series? Is the original even good?

So how do I start watching this series? Is the original even good?

bump

cbs all access

Start from the very beginning, it's a very good place to start.

is there an order of the movies and shit?

do the different versions reference each other?

TOS for sure. Try the animated series but if it doesn't click, drop it. Same with The Motion Picture. Watch Khan through Generations, ignore everyone that hates on V, it's just Roddenberry rod lickers mad that Shatner did his story.

Switch to TNG (yes after Generations, you won't miss much) and watch First Contact when you feel like it. Skip Nemesis, it's shit. Insurrection didn't do it for me but some people like it.

After that it's up to you. I found DS9 inconsistent. Some is great, some is shit. Voyager never felt enough like ST to win me over. Enterprise was absolute shit the 7 or so episodes I forced myself to watch. Fuck Discovery, I'll wait until the whole season is out.

Enterprise got better after season 1

fuck off

Try a few episodes of the original series and TNG, and whichever one you like more, finish it. When you finish a series, watch the movies. Don't skip episodes. There is overlap between TNG and DS9 so DS9 is a logical one to watch when you're done with TNG.

?

The originals are the only ones that are good.
If you must proceed after that, you watch in chronological order (production date).

Just watch The Next Generation on SyFy ocassionaly as a kid and then realize when you're older that there's no point in watching shitty syndicated television shows

From the opinion of someone who's seen it all
>TNG
>DS9
>VOY
>ENT
Followed by TOS and TAS if you want more, I'm not particularly fond of either personally. Might as well watch STD as it airs as well to keep fresh on the meme farm.

How I did it was like ENT>TNG>DS9>TNG movies>TOS>TOS movies>VOY

This is terrible advice.
Why in Christ's name would you watch the first series, last?
Everything beyond the original series can scarcely be described as Star Trek anyway, they are pretenders that trade off the brand name.
You must start at the start.

Because TOS is dated and tedious.
>Everything beyond the original series can scarcely be described as Star Trek anyway
You're right, it's all nothing like TOS. It's all good material.

>TOS and TAS last as an afterthought
Nigger are you for real

>millennial with the attention span of a goldfish
maybe if they remastered it with more explosions and cgi effects it would be more to your taste

Samurai movies and westerns from the 50s and 60s are among my favorite films, I have no problem with things being old. TOS simply aged like milk. Doesn't deal in any interesting science fiction concepts like the rest of the series do, the thespian acting tends to topple suspension of disbelief, has a lot of humor and mannerisms with a foot in the Flintstones. It's cruel to make someone watch it first, most people these days won't like it, while that's not true for TNG.

TOS=TNG but in kind of an inverse way. The first two seasons of TOS were really good and the third season was shit for a number of reasons while the first season of TNG was shit, the second season was somewhat better and it got really good from the third season on.

>nothing but insults
original series fags being childish as usual, no surprises here