Why don't they make a LOTR tv series set after the War of the Ring?

They could focus it on post ring wars between Gondor, Harad and the Easterlings. With some leftover orcs and shiet scattered about.

Other urls found in this thread:

lotr.wikia.com/wiki/The_New_Shadow)
youtube.com/watch?v=KMDWWDZ8ozE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why was the hobbit a three parts, but lotr was one movie each book?

Because Tolkien's writing isn't the same as GRRM's.

legit good question but you won't get replies

I'd love this, but you can't have brown and black people are bad guys anymore. So no Harad and Rhun unless they present them as gray.

Because nobody is original.

Would the Silmarillion work as a TV series? I've never read it.

I legit want this, I want to see Harad and Rhun.

A LOTR tv show wouldn't have to be anything like Game of Thrones other than being fantasy. No need for those degenerate sex scenes.

And have Black Gondorians, Arab Hobbits and Chinese Elves? no thanks.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE EARLY 2000'S PLEASE.

I wouldn't care about it and think it would cheapen LotR. Frodo and co. saved the world and everyone in it lived happily ever after while all the orcs and brown people died off.

If every season was one of the stories in the book then yes.
The Silmarillion is basically a collection of the myths and legends from the start of the world until the beginnings of Middle Earth.
Best season would be Tuor's.

Read it you illiterate fuck!

>No need for those degenerate sex scenes.
That would be the least of the problems. LoTR is more myth while GoT is more realistic.
LoTR is filled with the typical cliches of this guy is pure evil, this guy is pure good, this guy is corruptible, this one isn't etc. Reality has more hues of gray than outright good and evil.

you'd need -a lot- of budget to make it worthy.

LOTR is downright "low fantasy" when compared to some of the stuff in the Silmarillion. You have gods and demigods and armies of balrogs and demons and super elves and super humans..

I thought the Easterlings were the Arabs and Chinks and such.

Not really. Harad and the south was more what you'd call Arab.

Just get Jackson to do it

They don't have the rights to it, and they won't get them.

What do you smell?

Jacksonshit

I reread FOTR recently, and I'm reminded that while the movie's production values and organization was excellent, it still gutted a lot of the cultural detail, social propriety, and charm of the books, and made non-elf characters more mythical than they were originally conceived

and of course the hobbit just went full theme park, with no concern for the tone of the book at all

I'm not sure I want to see this trend continue any further

>this guy is pure evil
Night King
>this guy is pure good
Jon Snow, but he is also stupid at the same time

They are more like mongols and or faux persians

True. Haven't read the books to compare them though

>>made non-elf characters more mythical than they were originally conceived
Elaborate.

A miniseries maybe. But even then it's extremely hard to translate many things to a visual medium, like the first chapter when Eru and the Ainur sing the universe into existence. How do you even do a visual representation of that AND Melkor's musical discord? I think some stories would do well though. Like The Children of Hurin (Greek tragedy, dragons and amnesia induced sibling incest included) or Beren and Luthien for an interracial love drama.

>let's jump in between charging hordes of orcs and a dwarf spear wall.
>mkay!

>But even then it's extremely hard to translate many things to a visual medium, like the first chapter when Eru and the Ainur sing the universe into existence. How do you even do a visual representation of that AND Melkor's musical discord?
I'd love something in the vein of Fantasia. Flashing colors, orchestra letting loose, even have it cartoony. It just has to set the stage, nothing more

Why the FUCK did they meet them head-on?

Because it would be utter shit
>Domagaluedin at Beronaleduneidan fought with Eneuranementomidanedjan

Fuck off
Tolkien's a faggot

If they made LOTR today then Aragorn would be black, Boromir would be Persian, and Samwise would be a girl. (STronk enough to carry frodo and the ring up mt doom)

I seriously hope they don't make anything else to do with this already butchered franchise.

>A DOTHRAKI HORDE IN AN OPEN FIELD
>head on

>inb4 they turn Middle Earth into a cinematic universe with different movies coming out every year or so

can you imagine the quips?

Every episode would cost more than GoT and the Tolkien estate will not sell the rights

It is never going to happen

because they were prepared for death

also this is middle earth not the fucking 21st century where you can send an apache to torch the enemy lines, how else do you fight them that's not head on?

Make a tactical retreat now that the field outside the city has been cleared and relief has been given to the defenders?

It would just enter our own age so what's the point?

i honestly dont get why people that scene especially in context of all the bullshit that battle pulled

there's no Night King in the book to begin with

>Rohirrim dismounting and fighting on foot
>Fighting Orcs in front of you and Haradrim behind you in cramped quarters while the Mumakil riders take potshots at you over the walls
Nah, charging them is better. Just spread out and shoot the Mumakil in the eyes to make them turn rabid.

Tolkien thought about writing one:
>I did begin a story placed about 100 years after the Downfall, but it proved both sinister and depressing. Since we are dealing with Men, it is inevitable that we should be concerned with the most regrettable feature of their nature: their quick satiety with good. So that the people of Gondor in times of peace, justice and prosperity, would become discontented and restless — while the dynasts descended from Aragorn would become just kings and governors — like Denethor or worse. I found that even so early there was an outcrop of revolutionary plots, about a centre of secret Satanistic religion; while Gondorian boys were playing at being Orcs and going around doing damage. I could have written a 'thriller' about the plot and its discovery and overthrow — but it would have been just that. Not worth doing.
(lotr.wikia.com/wiki/The_New_Shadow)

>I found that even so early there was an outcrop of revolutionary plots, about a centre of secret Satanistic religion; while Gondorian boys were playing at being Orcs and going around doing damage.
This would have been like a hyped-up version of Sup Forums, basically. "Sauron dindu nuffin. Mordor was misunderstood."

And do what exactly? Aragorn and Eomer pacified the now scattered Easterlings and Haradrim, he rebuilds the old capital of Annuminas and rules in peace and prosperity for over 100 years before he dies and his son keeps the peace for ages to come. Even Tolkien admitted that writing a continuation would just negate the impact of LOTR.

Might have been cool if it was set in another universe other than Middle Earth, but it sounds shitty fan-fiction otherwise.

Tolkien seems to have thought the same, so he didn't write it.

With JJ Abrams directing.

Exactly. There would be no point.

Thank the fucking baby jesus that you're just some neet and not anyone working making tv shows, kill yourself.

Silmarillion TV series would have been alot better.
6 episode each season. With GOT tier+ budget.

>lotr.wikia.com

>Not Turgon and Hurin

You gotta re-read the book my goym.

stop giving these kikes ideas, the video game series is bad enough

because the canon ending is that Gondor under Aragorns son becomes degenerate and Morgoth cults start to subvert human society and worship orcs as oppressed minorities.

its in Tolkiens "The New Shadow". he stopped writing it because he thought it was too close to where reality was going and it depressed him to write it

>But even then it's extremely hard to translate many things to a visual medium, like the first chapter when Eru and the Ainur sing the universe into existence

why not do the same as Noah explaining genesis, have it as a quick montage during the pilot similar to the war of the last Alliance in Fellowship setting up that movie

youtube.com/watch?v=KMDWWDZ8ozE

Am I the only one who gets triggered by the elf thrusting? He has a curved sabre and the orcs have two inch plate armour. Such a meme scene

Tolkien estate won't sell the rights

The only thing that would be adaptable and marketable would be Feanor's bullshit, and the War of Wrath. Even then the budget required to do it justice would be enormous.