Jesus christ, what the hell happened? I always ignored all the stupid Sup Forums memes...

Jesus christ, what the hell happened? I always ignored all the stupid Sup Forums memes, then I caught a snippit of his monologue (this on specifically youtube.com/watch?v=xItHZZ3bvhY ) and it's just him... making 'funny' voices and a black man chuckling and repeating the last two words of every delivery. When he did the Colbert Report his material tended to be on point and insightful, and when it wasn't it was self deprecating.

So what the actual hell happened? Is it just getting fat and lazy at the top? Is it just that Trump is such a meme that mocking him is played out and kind of insipid at this point, rather than punching UP at the Republican establishment like he used to do during the Bush years? Or am I the problem, did I just get old?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H_R6GJxlies
youtube.com/watch?v=c6FXd2GAIaw
vox.com/health-care/2017/5/9/15591764/jimmy-kimmel-test-ahca
youtube.com/watch?v=mM7L7DNUTcw
howardstern.com/show/2016/8/16/triumph-insult-comic-dog-unleashes-trump-hillary-and-more/
youtu.be/mM7L7DNUTcw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They all act so smug. You should watch vid related and it'll give you a good rundown on how shitty these guys are.

youtube.com/watch?v=H_R6GJxlies

i dunno what I just watched but I'm scared

I think Colbert can still be pretty funny but the black guy is EXTREMELY annoying and distracting. I have no idea why he's allowed to make comments.

If you want someone who's still on-point without any interruptions, watch this guy:
youtube.com/watch?v=c6FXd2GAIaw

Jimmy Kimmel has turned his show into LITERAL propaganda. He spread falsities about the healthcare bill to turn public opinion against it, and his monologues were cowritten by a democratic senator's office.

What was false about what he said? Let's have a discussion about this.

>it's a Sup Forumsflake thread

I'm not Sup Forums. Fuck Sup Forums and fuck Trump, I just want comedy to be good

I don't know about false but it was recently found out that a politician (or lobbyist I forget) wrote his "heartfelt" speech about the healthcare.

So what ever he is saying it isn't coming from the heart, thats for sure.

t. retard

>I'm a gullible idiot

OK

I can't imagine being obsessed with a single person's political views and talking about it day in and day out. Can you imagine your entire life revolving around being obsessed with one guy? I mean sure he gets paid millions but I would kill myself if I had to say the same things over and over, making the same jokes and comments over and over every night about the same guy.

Then what the fuck are you doing watching a comedy news show? Watch The Nice Guys starring Ryan Gosling.

First of all, the hospital he took his son to was a charity hospital. That means that even without healthcare at all, his kid would have been taken care of. A large number of the kids the hospital treats are illegal immigrants, and they get the surgeries they need.

Jimmy also laid out the "Kimmel test" that the new health care law must pass, perhaps not realizing that Obamacare as it stands would not pass the Kimmel test, as even the liberal Vox.com points out.

all Sup Forums is Sup Forums user
just read the comments in any random thread

I'm getting so sick of this meme. He has all sorts of comedy routines, he barely even mentions Trump.

FUCK OFF 1791L QUIT SHILLING YOUR STUFF HERE

podcast when?????????

What did you find that out from? Project Veritas? HA!

>the US President is the biggest joke in decades
>all comedians make jokes about it
>OP get butt-hurt because everyone laughs at the comic gold

KEK

le simpsons comfy liberal makes normal society feel awkward thread?

Wow, thats some really good insight on how I was wrong user, really well thought.

Forgot link.

vox.com/health-care/2017/5/9/15591764/jimmy-kimmel-test-ahca

If only we'd all given more money to the Clinton campaign.

>>all comedians make jokes about it
That's where you're wrong. They mostly just insult him for ten minutes while the audience claps. They don't laugh, they clap and yell.

youtube.com/watch?v=mM7L7DNUTcw

Colbert report was a character that he played. pretending to be conservative is the only way for him to be funny

>taking the time to arguing with gullible retards

No thanks. I'll just call you retarded instead.

Yes, we get it, you're butthurt so you try to say "It's not funny!"

t. butt-hurt trumpkin

>Repeal and replace is getting, uh, ass and kicked.

That is literally what passes for a joke on Colbert's show.

I mean i'm no pizzagater but what else explains this dead eyed psychopathy?

>trump isn't a totally incompetent jackass deserving of nightly mockery, r-right guize
lel

>not getting he joke that is Trump

Sucks to be you

>Colbert blows a kiss at heaven to honor his dead mother

I'll never understand why people try to pretend liberals aren't religious.

He is, but I wish they'd write some jokes about him instead of just making snarky jabs.

*APPLAUSE
*APPLAUSE
*APPLAUSE

Now that is funny!

>mad that your shitty healthcare bill is failing

fpbp

>different writers
>different audience

Of course it's not the same as The Colbert Report, did you ever watch the Late Show before he took over? Very little has changed.

Alright, if you think you're so good, tell us a joke about Trump that you would find acceptable. And don't say something stupid like "That's not my job." If you want to have a discussion, give us an example of what constitutes a good joke for you.

colbert is more a neocon than libtard

I agree, it was a shitty healthcare bill. They should have just repealed it and not replaced it with anything. Let the free market take over. By the way, I'm not a big Trump fan. I voted for him, but only because I liked him more than Hillary. I would have preferred pretty much anyone else on the Republican stage, like Ted Cruz or Rand Paul.

So sick of the Drumpffuhrer echo chamber on Sup Forums

>conservatives are getting mad at a conservative making jokes about their president
Wow, really makes you think.

I heard a clip of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog on Howard Stern from before the election, and I thought he was hilarious. That's because Triumph was telling actual structured jokes instead of just snarky insults. It was funny because Triumph was just telling jokes, not trying to preach at the audience and get a message across.

>people pretend liberals aren't religious

Most people don't. It's only trumpkin and far-right conservatards that say stupid shit like that. They do it to scare people into voting for them.

You'd have to be a total fucking moron who never talks to anyone (outside your immediate social circle) to believe that shit. America is still overwhelming christian. Right, Left, Center, far-left, far-right....all Christians.

Why does the Pope allow an open heretic like Colbert to teach Sunday school?

>MUHH FREE MARKET

Go to bed retard

Such a wild fucking bias in the media man, how can anyone watch a clip like this on one of the 4 big networks where a latenight show host says the President rapes women, wants to inflate his balls, and doesn't have a brain and not say there's a liberal bias?

What a joke. Imagine if Conan went on 15 minute tirades every weeknight about Obama being a retard. Pretty sick desu.

Well, I guess that settles the debate.

>all those dislikes
damn, not even normies bought into this monologue

Of course not. Half of the normies in the country voted for Trump.

>fuck Trump
>I just want comedy to be good

Your fate is sealed, nigger.

>Colbert is a heretic because I don't like his jokes
>I GET TO DECIDE WHO THE HERETICS ARE!
>ME ME ME!
>ITS ALL ABOUT ME AND MY OPINIONS!

Cool story. How very christian of you

>"hey these people are just expressing their political opinions during their job you shouldn't fire hem over that!!"

>"WOAH WOAH WOAH. The owner of firefox isn't pro gay? FIRE HIM REEEEE"

this is why no one takes America's left seriously. If saying fuck you to America in front of millions of people during work hours is okay then having an opinion shouldn't get you fired from your job when you post it on fucking facebook.

The debate was settled over a hundred years ago. Ain't my fault user is to dumb to know history.

Colbert supports gay marriage and abortion, which are both condemned by the Catholic church. He is objectively a heretic.

I think I found the clip you are talking about.

howardstern.com/show/2016/8/16/triumph-insult-comic-dog-unleashes-trump-hillary-and-more/

And honestly, even hating Trump, I am hard pressed to find this funny. I also don't see how this doesn't also constitute "snarky insults."

>its about race

no its about wanting to watch football. the nfl will ban all political activism and this mess will end.

>look at this straw-man I made
>I will call him "Americas left"

KEK

Americans are like fucking kids. What an absolute shitshow of a country.

Friendly reminder that Drumpfshits vote against their own economic interests like fucking unwoke babydick dipshits

hating trump and unfunny """comedy""" goes hand in hand

literally not a strawman. Remember the fucking chick fil-a boycott attempt? Liberals are retarded

wtf I love buying "meat" and "phone" now

Maybe it's just that I don't feel the smugness and condescension from Triumph. He's just trying to make you laugh, but Colbert I think genuinely hates Trump personally, and doesn't think highly of anyone who voted for him.

Why watch a political show hosted by a political pundit then, imbecile?

lol they get people fired for saying trannies are freaks on facebook and get mad like it's a Constitutional crisis when we stop watching the NFL

Loving Trump and being mentally deranged goes hand in hand.

I voted for Hilary and I can't stand watching Colbert's entire show or the opening monologue of any late night show now. They don't even try anymore. It's just "Trump, Jyna, Hyuuge, Stupid Trump hair, Man who looks like angry orange cheeto, blah blah blah". If Colbert had kept his old Bill O'Reilly type persona while calmly making well thought out jokes about Trump it might appear that the writers spent more than 10 minutes writing a 1 hour show.

Movies are nothing but super caped people movies and TV is nothing but hate on the President. Even sports is being ruined. If you are not at least mildly butthurt by the extreme lack of creativity in entertainment right now then you are a fucking moron or under the age of 12.

>as the media autistically screaches and lies 24/7

>something something... only my opinions of religious dogma....
>something something... I don't know how religion works..
>something something... I have autism

Just stop talking. No one fucking cares what you think about colbert. Plus, you sound fucking retarded.

>HEY THIS GUY IS A SINNER = HE IS A HERETIC!
KEK

This is what everyone of your ilk does. If you have knowledge people here don't, how about sharing it? You won't, though, you will just continue lashing out emotionally whilst maintaining a delusional belief that you firmly hold the moral highground. You're an amoeba.

Why does Colbert reject the plain, objective teachings of the Catholic church?

power and money, check the grip of Satan

I'll occasionally catch a bit of his monologue if someone else is watching it, and he's become truly insufferable.
I'm not a fan of Trump, but listening to him do the same shtick over and over is mind numbing.

The funny thing is Fallon was doing extremely well and Colbert's viewership was garbage before The Late Show became The Trump Show. I wouldn't mind if he actually had good material or delivery, but it's just him smugly telling the audience what they want to hear night after night. And he's been so handsomely rewarded for becoming a lazy hack.

>Remember the fucking chick fil-a boycott attempt?

No, because I don't watch the "hey look at this liberal strawman shit" channel.

It's easy to find retards in any group. But only fucking morons generalize it to the whole group. How many people boycotted? 20? 100? 1000? Never heard about it. Cool story though. I'm sure it's excellent propaganda to keep idiots like you hating people who you actually have very little differences with.

youtu.be/mM7L7DNUTcw

now this is moving the goalposts!

>mental midget moving goalposts at incredible hihg speed

It's ironic trump was the best thing for his show. Cordon and Conan were beating him, which was embarrassing for the network. In another universe jerry Seinfeld is king of Latenight, being grossly overpaid and hating every moment.

I don't necessarily agree with your premise, but even if I did...I wouldn't fucking know or care about the answer.

Why don't you go ask some Catholics? This is Sup Forums not /cath/

why would Jerry waste his time, he gets paid a billion dollars a year most likely

trump haters are much more deranged than trump lovers

What a poor attempt at a rebuttal.

Fuck off, youre a globalist clock sucking faggot if you actually thought Hillary would do anything for anybody but her self.

Miss me yet?

t. drumpkin

Fair enough. Admittedly I never have been much of a Triumph fan anyway. I think his delivery is poor and he often laughs at his own jokes before telling them. And I'll grant you that Colbert does seem to hate Trump, but I still think he has good jokes. For example, I liked the one in the OP video about how he watched Ken Burns' Vietnam War to cheer himself up. But I will also admit that I don't like the jokes where he veers into "Trump is gay for Putin and this is funny because being gay is so funny." This is in stark contrast to The View, which is just terrible all around. If you think Colbert is bad, don't ever watch The View. As for why I was watching The View, I turned the TV on the other day and it was on ABC and I noticed they had Scaramucci as a guest so I watched to see what happened. It actually made me feel sorry for him. They just kept talking over him with quips and barely gave him a chance to defend himself.

>go see my cousin in a performance of Godspell at the community theater
>they've added Trump jokes

Why do politics have to enter EVERY aspect of my fucking life?

Remember when the righties tried to boycott Star Wars because it had a black stormtrooper? That worked out so well. Rightists are retarded.

samefag

Yes, how dare the media repeat Trump's words verbatim.
Also
>screaches

>literally responded with "NO U"
Wow.

follow your leader

>liberals have to photoshop pics of redditards to make trump supporters seem unattractive

Sad!

How the fuck do you fit Trump jokes into Godspell? I actually know what Godspell is and that boggles the mind. Give me examples.

maybe, but they are way less autistic and much easier to tolerate.

it's true though i can feel your derangement syndrome emanating from my very screen