The Force Unleashed Storytime

REBELLIONS ARE BUILT ON HOPE
AND QUESTIONABLE WRITING

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pe4wzUYzmTA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=pe4wzUYzmTA

I liked the original opening with Vader more. Flashbacks aren't very Star Warsy.

Meh, just another quirky droid in a galaxy full of 'em. Hardly worth the hassle.

Hard to believe this will be the same guy who drew Conan and Supergirl with that bizarre cartoony style.

Imagine the SW product that played a droid straight.

Yeah, I guess that'd be pretty boring. I just can't stand Proxy.

This droid makes no sense.

But sure, it can survive a force lightning blast because why not?

Thank you.

Have you ever seen a more obvious love interest?

For shutting up? Yeah, that won't last. Sorry.

His hilt is like a katana's. That's interesting.

I thought this guy liked to hold his lightsaber backwards? Oops.

Twice the pride, double the fall.

he does in the games

Why leave him alive tho
What's his motivation for this?

Yeah, that's why I don't get why he holds his lightsaber like normal here. Like, I thought this was this huge multimedia project and shit? Like a new Shadows of the Empire? Where's the consistency?

>Well, you managed to kill some random Jedi so I guess you're ready for a member of the fucking Jedi Council
What the hell, Vader

That's a nice Republic reference.

I'm pretty sure Vader knew he lied here and just didn't give a crap.

Also, the art just got a lot shitter. You'd think Dark Horse could've spared an artist for the whole friggen book.

>Eh, it's not like I care, I'm just doing this whole apprentice thing because I'm bored

I hope Felucians are canon again, they looked cool.

Man, Rancors were all over the fucking galaxy back in the day.

>Did this little shit lie to me? Well, I am training a Sith... It's not like I didn't expect it. Whatever, I got brooding to do.

Well, that was easy.

reverse grip. seems some of the artists actually played the game.

>KAME...

Oh right, and I guess there's a Sarlacc in Felucia too because ???

Also, funny how Shaak Ti actually wears her Jedi robes instead of that dumb bikini from the game. Consistency!

I'll give the game this though: this was a much for dignified death for Shaak Ti than the canon one.

Oh boy, time for the stupidest part of this story.

This twist makes no sense whatsoever.

I see we've skipped the junk planet.

although I really should have realized that earlier since junk planet was level two.

If Vader was in league with Sheev all along and was going to betray Starkiller no matter what, why bother training him for almost 20 years? What the fuck was his endgame? Was he actually bored and just doing it for shits and giggles?

And then there's the other twist later that makes this make even less sense.

Well, he did get 1 dead Jedi out of it all.
So, worth it? Maybe?

And because of my rant I forgot the page. Whoopsie daisy.

This is what happens when someone who has no idea what they're doing tries to write Sheev's keikaku. You get shit that makes no sense.

A Jedi Vader could have killed himself? What, is the dude just lazy as hell and kept Starkiller as his errand boy? Because that'd be funny. It wouldn't fix the story, but it'd be funny.

Oh I know, it doesn't make sense at all, especially since it blatantly goes against the Rule of Two.
Unless that isn't canon anymore. I don't even know with Disney.

And of course, there's the fact that Starkiller survives being fucking impaled and then thrown into space. What the hell were they smoking, man.

Rule of Two will always be canon since it was in TPM. Also, Bane looks like an evil samurai now, which I'm still not sure if I like.

>You killed me!
What a stupid thing to say. Yeah man, you're meeting Vader again in Hell.

As we'll see later, Vader's excuse is utter bullshit.

Also, that last panel tho

I'm guessing Vaders plan was to have the ultimate disposable commando, that could deal with all the pesky sideline shit while he focuses on Luke and The Emperor.

Luke was not a known entity at this point in the continuity.

Luke doesn't even arrive on the scene until the "rebellion" which Vader just ordered Starkiller to create.

Well you can always chalk it up to the force and hell, if Anakin can survive what he went through in Episode 3, then why not Starkiller being thrown into space.

That makes sense, but it still doesn't explain the ruse cruise throught the rest of the story.

They're both 6 million dollar men at this point.

I guess, it's mostly the grave stomach wound that bothers me, not him getting spaced. I mean, Qui-Gon suffered the same kind of wound and he was a goner almost right away.

This is why he left Kota alive I guess, although why he'd trust the judgement of some random Jedi is beyond me.

SICK JANGO FETT COSPLAY BRO

Oh yeah, I forgot the retarded new troops this game introduced.

Wait, I just noticed he has a blue lightsaber now. Where the hell did he get that from?

Probably just switched the crystal out so people wouldn't think he's a sith.

>And we're just gonna fastforward here since we're kind of running out of pages

That spot shouldn't have been immediately lethal. even if the heart had been pierced (it wasn't) he still should have had a few seconds to continue fighting. especially since the adrenaline would have been flowing.

Yeah, but where'd he get another crystal from?

He has like 20 of them at that point in the game. It's Star Wars, ain't gonna explain shit.

Man, and to think I could be playing Jedi Outcast right now.

Ilum.
If the KotOR games are to be believed, you just buy them from any random trader for a few credits. I don't think they're supposed to be rare, just useless for anything other than lightsabers.

>game mechanics
I mean, if you're gonna pull that card...

I think that may just be an old-timey RPG being silly, but fair enough.

But how was he going to become a Jedi if he didn't face some clichéd force vision?

This feels like someone published a webcomic

And you're telling him about this just now because...?

Why does everyones face change each page? There is no consistency at all here.

Well, Dark Horse did publish a comic through MySpace once, so there's that I guess.

Consistency is the name of the game as we've come to discover (actually it's the Force Unleashed but whatever)

>Vaders helmet in that first panel

Zabrak in skimpy clothing.

Ah yes, the tonfasabers. Kind of a neat idea, desu.