What is the general consensus on how Mario ended up going from being raised by Italian Americans in New York to...

What is the general consensus on how Mario ended up going from being raised by Italian Americans in New York to retarded dinosaurs in the Mushroom Kingdom?

This is Sup Forums not Sup Forums.

I thought this was Sup Forums.

Yoshi's island was a bomb ass game

The movie and cartoons aren't canon. Mario is from the Mushroom Kingdom, not Brooklyn or Italy..

Mario is still italian as fuck unless there's some weird Italy analogue in the mushroom kingdom

or he fakes the accent to make Peach's pussy wet

really? I thought this was tumblr

Probably goes in my top 5 greatest games of all time. There was so much hidden bullshit peppered throughout the levels and was probably the most exploration-based platformer I've ever played.

upvoted.

Mario used to just be a mascot whose entire setting would change from game to game, like golden age Looney Tunes characters. But his real big break (SMB1) happened to coincide with a general rise in more effort being put into settings/stories in games at the time, so they just stuck with the Mushroom Kingdom thing from then on.

eggs ha ha

Every board is Sup Forums and [s4s].
Don't you forget it, mods.

SUPER MARIO BRUDDAS TWOOOOOOOOOO

GOTY BAYBEEEE

The stork that carried Mario to Brooklyn lost him when he crossed the Mudshroom Kingdom (wasn't it actually the dinosaur kingdom?). This doesn't mean that Mario isn't from Brooklyn, it just meant he had a small detour before he was born.

Yeah, that totally looks like Brooklyn.

There is a small population of humans in the mushroom kingdom who just happen to speak english with what coincidentally sounds like a cartoony italian accent to us. Except for Peach who, due to her upper class background, doesn't

That's probably all there is to it.

My bad, the Mushroom house is actually in Penderton new York, not Brooklyn. Still, they could have moved to brooklyn when they were young.

>completely different-looking house, landscape, etc.
>with another mushroom house behind it
user plz. The Brooklyn stuff isn't canon to the games. The Mario Brothers aren't from New York.

This is /poltv/, stupid

...that's not Brooklyn? Where've I been going every summer for the last 10 years, then?

Mario Brothers takes place in New York. Sometime before Super Mario Brothers the bros wind up in the Mushroom Kingdom but before then they're working in New York as plumbers.