Am I the only one that thought Kelly was kinda selfish by 'passing over' into San Junipero?

Am I the only one that thought Kelly was kinda selfish by 'passing over' into San Junipero?

Her husband didn't because he said it was something their daughter couldn't experience, but she did it anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NOGEyBeoBGM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This episode made me want to be a cute young lesbian girl so much.

Worst episode of the show by far.

I don't understand the love for this episode. It was boring as shit. Pedos was far better.

Say what you want but you can't deny that that 80's aesthetic was kino.

>tfw born in 1999.

Who gives a fuck if their daughter couldn't experience it? "My daughter couldn't make it to heaven so I wont go either durrrrr that'll show em!" Fucking retard. If anyone is selfish its her dumb husband for being such a try hard faggot.

>Comfy 80's setting, eternal life prospect, happy ending.

How can this be a popular episode ???

I mean yes, I prefer the darker themes myself, but I can certainly see why this is well liked.

>Living in an artificial world, partying 24/7 for an eternity.

Is that your idea of heaven?

This. People only liked it because of 80s nostalgia and the LGBT relationship.

Not when Playtest exists.

No. Waldo and Nosedive (especially Nosedive) are the worst episodes.

No you faggot. My heaven would be living in an artificial world playing old vidya I never got to enjoy and jumping through the ages and banging hot chics all the time. Just like that cool guy that tried to get some lesbian pussy as he played some comfy vidya in the club.

What is your idea of heaven? Posting shitty half-baked opinion posts on Sup Forums eternally?

It's selfish in the same way we should only shit in bacteria filled holes to honour all those people born before sewerage systems

THIS

how are you guys so hedonistic this seems like a good idea to you. its a nightmare

What are you talking about? Nosedive was good. Waldo sucked though, especially the second half.

it's literally the darkest and heaviest episode in the entire show and people think because it has LE 80s xD and dancing muffdivers with a pop song at the end that it's a happy ending

80s aesthetic is worn out. Every fucking movie and TV show slaps a bunch of purple and pink neon lights and some synthpop songs and people cream their pants

This episode was one of the worst 50mins I've ever watched. I gave up once I understood the world they were in.

And in a few years there'll be the exact same thing with grunge, lumberjack shirts and greasy hair

Dying and not existing or being able to enjoy a simulated life eternally without any of the qualms of real life. Really activates my almond. It's supposed to represent heaven and "the cloud" is a brilliant idea unless you are a potato nihilist.

What makes it so dark and heavy though? They say they can end it whenever they want to. If anything, their simulated world is shallow.

80's nostalgia is pretty tired at this point and if I remember correctly the eternal life was as a digital copy trapped in a simulation, which I wouldn't call happy.

>as a digital copy trapped in a simulation, which I wouldn't call happy.

Except they're not trapped, they can choose to die forever if they want. As for digital copy, the whole idea hinges on being able to actually transfer consciousness as bits and bytes, if it was just a simulation of you then what would be the point ?

youtube.com/watch?v=NOGEyBeoBGM was the perfect theme for the episode and everything came from that. All of the scenes where other people were around were an idea of what the 80s was like. When they showed the real world it was Applecare. When they were alone together you could have forgotten whenever time it was.

There literally is no difference between making a copy and transferring consiousness, you brainlet.

>there is literally nothing wrong with piracy

>I'll be fine living forever knowing my daughter died without the option of an eternal happiness, beautiful people and this hip 80s setting will ease that pain.

If you're really sad, the idea of living forever isnt that attractive. It only looks cool to you because your life is shit compared to San Junipero

We don't even know what consciousness actually is, or what actually happens when we lose consciousness like with anesthesia.

And of course there is a difference between making a copy and transferring (as in moving), since when making a copy the original consciousness remains, in other words we haven't moved it, merely replicated it.

Yes there is you mong. A copy creates a duplicate, meaning there are 2 single items. A transfer is just moving the original to a new location.

I swear to god you millenials are fucking gormless.

Nosedive was OK. It's just that it dragged its extremely simple concept out for way too long, and we could all predict what was going to happen minutes before it actually did. But it was competent at showing what was there. It was well filmed, decently acted, etc. Just way too simple. It's just a 10 minute short idea turned into a 40 minute episode.

But Waldo was total crap. Pointless, crass, poorly made.

>consciousness is something that can be transferred, rather than a reflection of your brains current state
Into the trash.

Transfer creates copy and deletes original.
Fucking brainlet.

>if it was just a simulation of you then what would be the point
I've met some people who think an exact replica of themselves would be a continuation of their existence, because they think it's still them. They literally can't understand the individuality of consciousness.

Without SOMA there would be even more.

>show about technology that doesnt exist
>arguing with it about how its own imaginary technology works

really makes you think

This is about concept of copy/transfer of information irl.

I'm glad you said that because I felt the same way. Was absolutely amazed that nosedive was so popular. Like it was objectively well put together but the first 10 minutes were all I needed, beyond that it was just like...yeah....phones are bad social media is evil, I get it, can't wait for main character to reject the narrative and get rid of hers and say woah...I don't CARE about what you think!!!

I was legit shocked when it turned out that was actually how it went without a twist because it felt so obvious and tired. It's one of those "KIDS are using PHONES why arent they out playing with ROCKS????" political cartoons turned into an episode. But on the other hand, to the average person who doesn't necessarily spend their whole life on reddit/Sup Forums that can actually be a new and interesting concept so I guess thats fair.

Fair, I replied to the wrong post. Same thing applies to further up though, as ridiculous as " it's not a copy we literally transfer your brain SOMEHOW" is, if it's how the show says it works then it's how it works.

What if there's a deeper layer like in SOMA. They thought that it's a real transfer, and then learned that it's only a copy.

Well, the concept of a society completely running on social media validation isn't bad. It's the essence of Black Mirror, really. And I really enjoyed the early parts of the episode as it was fleshing out the world, because it seemed believable. I mean, some people get triggered about the term "virtue signalling", but that's essentially what the social subset the main character is part of runs on. You have that gay negro trying to curry favour with his vegan smoothies and stuff. That was all very entertaining, and it brought out a feeling of real, voluntary oppression from people who think it's never going to hit themselves, so they act like total shit while pretending to be friendly.

That part really worked for me, but then the episode took... a nosedive. The point that her drop in popularity removes her ability to retain it is simplistic, and her reactions to it make it incredibly hard to identify with her. In an episode like this, you don't want your audience to be shouting "you dumb bitch" at their screen all the time.

It needed more. You're absolutely right, in that regard. A twist. Even something simple, like her hitting zero, and being admitted to "real" society, which is perfect by virtue of people not caring about superficial rating systems. It's very on the nose, but it needed *something*.

I think that's it. There's never a point where she starts acting like a "real" person. Her brother was obviously more grounded, with healthy relationships, and I'm more curious how he lived in that world.