I've been on a fighting-movie kick for a while, and am thinking I'll marathon this trio of movies next

I've been on a fighting-movie kick for a while, and am thinking I'll marathon this trio of movies next.

Discuss movies about people beating the shit out of each other.

Realism is entirely optional.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/87oTk73tOmo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>trio
Boyka: Undisputed came out this year, so that makes if four movies. Haven't watched it yet

Also Never Back Down is fun

This is more of a drama surrounding a martial arts teacher rather than a straight action movie, but you might like it.

Was just about to post that man.

Cam Gigandet is one charismatic villain. While everyone else was just mediocre, watching Cam kick ass made the movie a thrill.

Too bad they ruined the sequels. God damn what a mess those were.

I've always felt that the "fighting movie" subgenre comes from the "sports movies" genre. It's movies like pic related that wed the former with the latter perfectly that make them such fun.

And OP did say realism was optional.

While I would not go as far as to argue that it has 10/10 fight scenes, it does really well to deliver on the emotional context FOR the fights, and that adds something special to Warrior.

Like said, fighting is fun, but emotion goes a long way. Already seen Redbelt and it was amazing in that regard.

Can't have a fighting thread without bringing up this revolutionary motherfucker. Overrated it's called by normalfags, but the brilliant camera work and the sheer technical skill of the actors makes it a movie I watch every year without fail.

And in a rare turn of events the sequel makes everything better in every way.

I'm gonna' quit samefagging for a little, and end up on a classic. While some say it hasn't aged well, and it doesn't go miles out of it's way to portray sheer agility or skill, it's still a heartwarming fighting movie that any fan should see.

I don't know why I made all these posts sound like I was making my own trailer...

>While some say it hasn't aged well
Who? I'll fucking fight 'em.

I know, right? I watched it with my brother last weekend and he was going on and on about how it wasn't interesting because it didn't feel brutal or real enough. Suffice to say I no longer have a brother.

Anyway, here's one that slipped under many people's radar. If you can tear your head away from the insanely silly video game concept, and focus on the actual fights (which there are many of) there is a surprising variety of fighting styles on display here.

And though the entire movie is insanely corny, it's still more than worth your time if you enjoy seeing people beating each other senseless with the world's least practical equipment.

And because I'm an idiot (and breaking my own format) here's the movie for .

I don't foresee myself making many friends by posting this, but if you love a good 90s-style sports movie and you enjoy violence (especially hockey-violence) this is a no-brainer.

Stiffler plays a literal borderline-retard with a big heart who's only notable skill is that he is an incredibly good fighter.

Nice, bloody, and heart-tugging. What more could you want?

>samefagging general

i think a forth one with boyka came out this year.

>boyka
He's a great fighter, but the man can't act his way out of a bag. The problem is that he keeps getting leading roles, and every time he does he puts on some excellent martial arts but every time he opens that dumb mouth of his all believabilityy just fades out...

OP, the first Undisputed is an actual legit film, it's the sequels that are direct-to-DVD kung fu movie dogshit.

Don't fall for this OP, one of the dullest pieces of shit I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

Heavy-weight boxing is such boring shit though. They huddle up, trade blows, until one of them falls over. Fuck there's no theatrics on display. Fighting is a spectator sport. Heavy-weight is barely worth watching.

No shit boxing sucks compared to MMA but the first Undisputed is a million times better than the sequels. It's a real movie, not some bullshit crapped out so Michael Jai White and Scott Adkins can make a few bucks.

>Undisputed: 6.2
>Undisputed 2: 7.1
>Undisputed 3: 7.5

If the fighting performed is better, and (by your own definition) the fighting style is more interesting to watch, then how the hell do you define the first one as a more "real" (whatever that means) movie than the sequels?

Adkins & Co. Should make a DTV sequel to Street Fighter already.

Didn't Street Fighter get a YouTube series or something? I vaguely recall hearing something about that.

Yeah it did. It was an origin story of Ruy and Ken. It was pretty good.

direct to video billy blanks movies from the 90s
youtu.be/87oTk73tOmo
that is all