Amazon Developing ‘Ringworld’, ‘Lazarus’ & ‘Snow Crash’ In Genre Series Push

Amazon Developing ‘Ringworld’, ‘Lazarus’ & ‘Snow Crash’ In Genre Series Push

deadline.com/2017/09/ringworld-lazarus-snow-crash-amazon-genre-drama-series-push-1202179073/

These all seem like terrible ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gs9afJV84tc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_Carbon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I agree!

I take deep comfort in not knowing a single one of these franchises

Snow Crash is a fantastic book, if you like cyberpunk it's a must-read.

congratulations on being a moron

I can only imagine how many idiots will flip after realizing that the main character is a black man.

Half-Black half-Korean, right?

it's pretty dated/been picked clean by tons of other flicks/comics/games. I'm glad to read that cornish is still attached to this TV version though. stephenson gave his script for the movie version a thumbs up so that's good news. hopefully amazon will step up their game budget-wise. they can't compete if they don't give their creatives any money.

>diverse af even though he's just one person. #stayWOKE

PS: dont @ me

@88327091
The white character is named "whitey"

It's spelled Y.T.

So I'm guessing the "media billionaire intentionally tries to destroy country with millions of refugees" subplot is getting cut, right?

But there'll be a lot of expansion on the "KKK guy in Alaska gets his head cut off" chapter

Yeah, it's real subtle

>protagonist is named hiro

>Amazon
how many trannies will they cast in these and how much full frontal pre-op cock can we expect per episode?

I want a sprawl trilogy tv show instead fuck those endless neuromancer movie plans that never pan out reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

His fucking last name is Protagonist

There aren't really many black/asian actors

It's funny because what do you think the odds are they just cast a completely asian actor instead?

Never ever happening.

Yeah, not a lot of Blasians around. Maybe they could find an actor with Khoisan ancestry? They look a bit Asian around the eyes.

more like completely black. blacks make a 100 times more noise about muh representation than azns

Lazarus could make for a very good show. The comic itself reads like a tv script.

The titular character is an engineered warrior woman, a muscular big amazon. Could be hot.

>Ringworld
Larry Niven is one of the most redpilled sci-fi writers there is when talking about women. I wonder how they will destroy this feature of the books on screen. I can actually see it: The Kzin Speaker is now a Black Panter type of cat, with a black actor. The girl is a stronk chink wymen, which is completely against the whole plot because she is supposed to be a distressed girl, by definition!, it's like one of the main themes of the book. Louis Wu, even though he is supposed to be a completely mixed golden-brown earther, will be a white man because they want someone the audience can sympathize with.

Yes, that was the subtext of my post. If the source material is "the guy is black or asian" no casting director ever in the history of the universe would make him asian.

it will happen eventually simply because they have been trying for so long and need to have something to show for all those development deals. it'll be shit though

>Amazon developing Snow Crash
>Moretz forced meme that was spammed all over Sup Forums for fucking YEARS by her creepy pedophile promoter before she started her career to play Y.T.
Oh holy god fuck no.
Y.T. was already a proto-SJW and Snow Crash was already guilty of 'gritty' pedobait, but god jesus fuck no kill me. Imagine Amazon's take on the scene with the hotel manager and her shaming him to take advantage of his misery and work on escaping.
It's going to be replaced with just:
>*unzips* hey buddy whoa there hold that misogyny and think more about how the wage gap was the fault of patriarchs like you you objectional shitlord
But at the same time she'll be literally shaking. Powerfully.

Will we ever reach a point where a black person can be in a film without a bunch of weebs making a big deal out of it? Getting pretty tired of that shit.

>Amazon
>Snow Crash

They're going to fuck up the racial aspects and motivations of every goddamn character. They're going to turn it into another SJW fest. I can only imagine the mental gymnastics they're going to go through when that fuckhuge indian dude tries to rape YT.

Eventually it will get made as producers get desperate for more IP to rape. I predict it to be horrible.

The Man in the High Castle was a pretty good adaptation, though.

>His fucking last name is Protagonist
normies will love that, it'll make them feel clever because they understood the "deep subtext"

>unforced, unironic diversity
We already had that point. It was the 80s. They're over now.

we will as soon as blacks start creating their own media for their own audience. we dont want niggers in all our entertainment because we already have to look at them on the street enough

I wish we reached a point where black people were able to be in a movie and not make a big deal out of it. Unfortunately, every time there is a black person, inevitably the plot will ensure a talk about 'how hard it is to be black', etc, or the actors will gloat about 'how progressive the cast is'.

Can't I just enjoy my tv in quiet?

Damn this thread is so red-pilled. BASED! How will normies ever recover?

>as soon as blacks start creating their own media for their own audience
They already do. There's a lot of movies and tv shows made for blacks.

Hey when does the race war start? Looks like you guys have all your little costumes ready to go.

Now post "alt right pussies cry about everything"

Post 1 (one) counter example of tv shows made in the last 10 years. Honestly, I can't.

>time to frantically shit up the thread
I hope you're at least being paid by Amazon

Or instead you could just stop crying about everything.

You could stop reading threads you don't like and spamming them with the same replies over and over and over and over and over

>irony

>My name is Hiro Protagonist
>....yeah, my parents were big into all those old MARVEL UNIVERSE CINEMATIC 2017 MOVIES SUCH AS WONDER WOMAN
>...but you can just call me The Deliverator. Ugh, I know, kitschy, I get it, but I just run this gig for the money
>In a corporatocracy like this, the only way you can pay off your student loans for perfectly legitimate degrees is by doing this grunt work which would be better left to racist hick misogynist sister-fuckers who like to drive big cars and act important because it makes them feel better about their SMALL WHITE PENISES
>sooo yeah, that's me, the DEADPOOL 2 (c) 2019 equivalent in this overgrown hellscape where everyone's clearly forgotten about the nature and the gifts of the divine feminine
>I'm all alone in this blasted rapescape with just my wits, my pizza, my hacking skills and my oversized manspreadmobile
>but don't worry, I'm not the htero of this story, that would be a strong sticker-slapping fearless plucky quick-thinking girl who calls herself....YT
>SLAP
>sticker appears on window next to his face in profile which has been shown this whole time, and he jumps a bit, startled, then glances over with exaggerated slowness and apprehension as the camera pans around to show the sticker
>[checkmark symbol] UR PRIV BRO
>heh
>guess karma's a bitch
>her pulls into another lane and it pans up to show the burbclaves etc
>ominous evil-humanity music plays
>SNOW CRASH splash appears on screen and the background fades to static

oh call him the protagonist jeez... hehe

>time to frantically shit up the thread
Really? You're the ones that started with muh forced diversity whining.

Amazon is going to slaughter them.
It's almost worse than Netflix.

Amazon's the ones who started it with their forced diversity policies. Straying from egalitarianism dehumanizes minorities by implying that they are innately inferior.

Yeah no one ever created a diverse cast before that's totally new and has lots to do with your infantile online political social justice movement

really have high hopes for the syfy series of the hyperion cantos

No shit, the point is something changed. Why is Star Trek Discovery so much more grating than Deep Space 9 and Voyager were 20 years ago?

But the anons were complaining about forced diversity, not diversity in general. In addition, I noticed you said "this is not a new thing u retards" instead of giving some actual counterpoint to the intentional and malicious infantilization of minorities. I suspect this is because you've never given a fuck about minorities and privately view them as just another bargaining chip in your autistic games of virtue signalling.

Incidentally, complaints of forced diversity date back to when forced diversity began to be a thing, it's not a recent phenomenon. Malcolm X even complained about forced integration.

WTF they are doing Hyperion too?
Fuck TV, I am quiting.
I hope the North Koreans nuke burgerland.

Cast him

>franchises
>my mum used to read me tales from the Grimm Brothers cinematic universe
this is how you sound

you know that anons are the ones that ask for this

Netflix VP's and amazon VP's and any other streaming sitre VP's goes to Sup Forums.
Hey anons what books do you want to see made into a movie?

thers has been an overwhelming reaction to snowcrash, and the cantos.
however I have no idea where they got ringworld, or lazarus from.
Shoulda went and made the forever war. but that maybe just a little bit further down the road.

John Boyega

>Ctrl F "ringworld"
>3 results
Is nobody interested in this? Wow, if nobody HERE is interested, I can see how this will flop hard.

Wow you tried really hard with this post. A for effort.

fuck niggers piss me off

You should rise up and show the world you're not afraid of them, like this guy did
youtube.com/watch?v=Gs9afJV84tc

Did you just link to a fucking WorldStar video?

Are you subscribed to them?

20 years later and some people still doesn't realize that Snow Crash is a satire of the cyberpunk tropes

They are morons.
It's more probable to gather the anger of Sup Forums if they make TV or movie versions of things they like.
The shows will be more hated for that.

Lol that's really in the book? Never heard of them until now

Only the first ringworld book is good.

only niggers and commies (who are also pretty much niggers) get mad at Sup Forumsposters

he doesn't try to rape her, she pretty much wants it and the book goes to lengths to describe that she came as soon as he put it in

not sure why the fuck it was in there but you know

They're just jealous of our sexy white women.

The central plot is basically there's this asshole guy who's Ted Turner and L. Ron Hubbard and he's turned the aircraft carrier Enterprise into his personal pleasure yacht which he's using to lead a massive flotilla of Asian refugees across the Pacific to the west coast of the US

And also he has infected all of those refugees with an ancient Babylonian virus his company re-engineered that makes them obey him like a god, the original "Tower of Babel" incident is describing an outbreak of the virus and its subsequent cure

Only a black/korean pizza delivery samurai and a spunky teenage girl rocket-skateboard courier can stop him

So people aren't interested because it isn't expansive enough?

Can't wait for Lazarus

IDRIS
no
no fuck you I'm not playing anymore

sure nigger

Is writing more than one sentence at a time difficult for you? If you're put under such massive strain when exposed to the merest bit of reality, how do you expect to make even neo-Nazis look bad?

This female's already been adapted into tv.

I'm pretty sure you made those people up.
Because writer is an ephebophile and couldn't resist.

>isn't expansive
There are like 6 books with lots of fucking.

Yeah, but only the first book matters and that's what people mean when they say they've read it. Who cares about what comes after?

Don't forget their robot dog who an heros.

To short and skinny
Forever is taller and more muscular

Right. Go on expecting a good fit. This is what you'll get.

>our entertainment

Hollywood makes stuff for the ENTIRE WORLD

im more excited for netflix's cyberpunk show

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_Carbon

>this guy as Takeshi Kovacs

And this is a 4 year old picture of Mirian Bancroft, the sexy eternally 20yo tennis player.

they announced it in 2016 and not a peep since. probably dead.

Dear Amazon
I want Oasis picked up you dumb fuck cunts

pics?

I hope they never fucking touch it.

remember when Xbox was going to have original shows on Xbox Live and they were gonna make a Halo show

Hey, give them a break

They've been busy

Snow crash is weird ancap utopia. There is no government, just post office and fbi. One of the main character's mother works for central intelligence corporation(for-profit organization that evolved from the CIA's merger with the Library of Congress). Franchise ghettos. Mr lee's greater hong kong. Guy driving around with an atom bomb. Guy who owns a carrier.
I can only imagine this is the vision for the future bezos has. Amazon are the right guys to fund this.

In some way it's gotta be the future for the world because the concept of nationalism is dying but the concept of globalism is nonexistent

Nobody really considers themselves a "citizen of the earth" or some gay shit like that. If they're not first and foremost a German, or a Mexican, or a Cambodian, then they are first and foremost a Muslim, or a Cowboys fan, or an NRA member, or a Communist, or a fucking Pokemaniac. The lines that divide us aren't being erased, they're multiplying.

It's just repackaged feudalism. Back then you had your Lord or your Guild as your highest loyalty, and the post-Renaissance idea of a "country" was meant to be much more equitable and progressive than that.