New Scarlet Spider series

Kaine or Ben Sup Forums?
Going by the rumored writer should be Kaine
But Bagley screams Ben

>bleedingcool.com/2016/12/09/new-scarlet-spider-series-marvel-peter-david-mark-bagley/

I'm going for Ben. I'm also going to bet that this will be a lot more light hearted then the Kaine series. Actually having plots where Ben and Peter start growing together more as brothers again.

I'd be pretty happy with something like that, but it sounds like wishful thinking. Oh well, in PAD I trust

I never grew up with Ben, most I know about him is from the past couple months what with the whole Spider-People and the Vampires and the 90's cartoon series.

Someone mind giving me a rundown?

God damn I love Ben's costume.

Ben in NY, Kaine in Texas.

TL,DR version: Ben was Peter without all the baggage.
It was a chance to reboot whitout rebooting.
I'd say after CW, OMD, OMIT we need a fresh Spider-Man more than ever. If Pater's baggage was kinda hard to swallow in the 90s, now is just almost unbereable

>Spider-Man gave blood once for a project his teacher who just so happened to have a crush on Gwen Stacy.

>"Sweet! Now I can clone Peter and beat the shit out of him to take out my anger that Gwen is going out with a chad like him instead of an intellectual like me! Wait, what the fuck? He has spider powers? Oooooohhhh, that makes sense. I should make another clone to kill Peter!"

>Second clone is Ben and believes he is the real Peter. Peter seemingly kills him out of fear, but Ben survives.

>Years later Aunt May is in the hospital.

>Ben comes out of hiding, having come to terms with being a clone.

>Peter gets scared again and fights, but it ends with them bonding and becoming spider-bros.

>Uh-oh, Peter is the clone and Ben is real!

>Peter throws a fit and bitch slaps MJ.

>It's okay though and Peter gives Ben what's rightfully his. So Ben is now living in New York as Peter and Peter moves into the country with his wife and have a child.

>Peter comes back to visit.

>Start to pall around.

>Ben gets slaughtered and melts revealing he was the clone.

>Peter's kid dies.

Clone Saga was weird.

Both please
Just give me Scarlet Spiders

Peter, Blonde Peter and bearded Peter

>Ben in NY
And what about Miles?

Wait, Pete and MJ had a kid?

Ben also won against Superboy and befriended Clark Kent

>Kill off Miles.

>Have both Ben and Peter in New York.

>Send Kaine to Texas because he's too cool and angsty to hang out with his brothers, he'd rather just hang out with Humming bird and listen to Lincoln Park.

>Send 2099 back to the future.

>Kill Silk

>Disband the Web Warriors and have them all go their home realities.

>Spider-Gwen's reality is put in a pocket dimension and she can't leave.

>Have Peter and MJ get back together and get rid of the Parker Industries bull shit.

>Japanses Spider-Man and his supporting cast get sent to Earth-616 and stay in, well, Japan.

I know it will never happen, but this is my dream.

Sorta kinda? MJ was pregnant and was ready to give birth to a girl (616-Mayday). I can't remember what happened because it's been forever, but I think Green Goblin had something to do with her dying before she came out.

Yes, this also happened. Clone Saga was weird.

This

Miscarriage

That stuff is the opposite of baggage. It was purposefully written so as to never be acknowledged again, so it never comes up.

>Peter "the baby killer" David
>lighthearted

WEW

I don't care what anyone says, Amalgam was great

Yeah, SJMarvel, would never kill Miles.
Even if they someday would want to, the backlash alone would be insane

Where do you want Ben, then?

I'm with you except they should send Spider-Gwen back to her world.

It was a cute idea, and the moment where she and Pete bonded over their mutual loss was nice. But she's overstayed her welcome, let it end gracefuly

It tainted the character, it's a real world baggage user. He made a deal with the devil and everyone remembers it.

not that user but
sending him to spidergwen universe and book could save both
also, hoodie shipping

In NY, but Marvel will never get rid of Miles.

Oh thank god you have this thread up. I can finish the damn storytime for the original clone story now.

She miscarried. Or the baby was stolen by Green Goblin. It was left kinda ambiguous.

The miscarried body was taken by Green Goblin. Why he never bothered to make his own clone daughter to fuck with Pete is beyond me. Please don't let Slott read that.

What -about- him?

No one but Bendis gives a shit about Miles.

Sadly that isn't true. He sells more than Miguel's book.

sadly miguels current book isnt that good and he doesnt get shilled all over marvel
mean while miles is just getting out of CW the second and then getting a crossover of hate with gwen

any spider with all that exposure could be the leading spiderbook when it comes to sales

>current Miguel's book isn't that good
Only due to the art. PAD is still hitting the same notes he did on his original run. And he probably gets an exception to NOT be forced into the mess since he predicted that Ben wasn't going to be Spider-Man very long when he did the Spider-Man/Spider-Man 2099 crossover before that was about the cataclysm that creates the 2099 future.

>Mark Bagley
Dropped

You don't like how all his blonde women look like Ultimate Gwen Stacy. Or all his women for that matter.

He'll fade into obscurity eventually, like all characters that are a product of their time. He has no character to adapt with, no one knows what to do with the character other than Bendis and it shows when other people write him.

terrible
just terrible

>miles street level in New York or New Jersey
>Peter and MJ in San Francisco Parker Industries is sucessful science/technology company but is WAY WAY pared down.

>Kaine in Texas

>Ben in Portland

>Miguel jumping back and forth between 2099 and the 616 present (the 'detective/mysetery' spider-man)

>Spider-Gwen STAYS IN HER UNIVERSE

>Silk in New york

>Jessica doing her PI think, New york based, but travels alot.

much better

This leaves you with

>street level Teen spiderman (Miles)

>Adult Family man Spider-man (Peter)

>Single Adult male spider-man (Ben)

>Wants to be Hardcore spider-man (Kaine)

>Future Spider-Man (Miguel)

>female 'teen' (actually college) Spiderman (Gwen)

>Adult woman spider-man (silk)

>Detective spiderman (Jessica)

They each serve a different purpose, no one steps on anyone elses toes. Everyone can get the kind of spider-man stories they want, and all the characters can grow

I haven't read much of Silk's solo series though, sorry.

>Implying Slott isn't going to do exactly that in Clone Conspiracy when Ben finds out she rests in kill.

Is it even still canon? OMD confuses the shit out of me with all it's contradictions.

Quesada says the only thing that changed was that they weren't married during all those mess of stories. Which makes the whole OMIT retcon even dumber since she only leaves Peter after a fat man threatens her when she's been harassed and stalked by Venom.

Bagley makes the most uninteresting and generic art i have ever laid eyes on

>>miles street level in New York or New Jersey
>>Peter and MJ in San Francisco Parker Industries is sucessful science/technology company but is WAY WAY pared down.

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Parker Industries is bar none the stupidest thing done with Peter. And Miles is the stupidest thing done to the franchise since he came to 616. The notion that Peter can't be a responsible adult without being an extremely successful business man is beyond stupid to me. Just have him be a teacher again, it makes him a responsible adult /and/ keeps him at street level where the character functions the best.

He got lots of practice from doing Ultimate Spider-Man and only getting a few breaks for the annuals and maybe the giant-size issues. I think Ultimate broke him more than people think.

What a slut

I read flick as fuck, made me double take.

How lewd, both of you sit in the corner.

I find Andru's art more suited for spidey than JR Sr.
A little grittier and dynamic

Pretty sure that was mostly from the coloring though.

how was the writing in spiderman 2099?

I'd consider it nearly on par with PAD's original run. The art ruins a lot of the impact of fights and action.

Go read the 90s clone saga.

While some of it is total shit, Ben is consistently awesome the whole way through.

Eh, they constantly nerf his fighting ability even though he spent a good bit of his time on the run fighting off Kaine.

The Kaine series starred a main character who desperately wanted to be a badsss anti hero but kept having to do dorky Silver Age heroic shit and got annoyed by it, like riding a bull across a rodeo.

Yes, though it got killed before being born because it made Peter "too old" again, a problem ridiculously common for him.
In the MC2 universe she grows up to be May Parker, the Amazing Spider-Girl.

Neither, it will be the return of Spock